PDA

View Full Version : Can the Phoenix Suns win it all this year, do they have enough to do so?

JordansBulls
11-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Can the Phoenix Suns win it all this year, do they have enough to do so?

Amare is getting 23 and 8
Shaq is getting 15 and 8
Nash is getting 14 and 7.5

Nash/Barbosa/Singletary
Bell/Gragic
Barnes/Hill
Amare/Biaw/Amundson
Shaq/Lopez

The reason I say them is because many have written them off. I think as long as Shaq produces as he has been and of course Amare they have a shot.

I think Nash has to play better than he has though and do a little more for that to be the case, but as long as they finish a top 4 team out west they are one team that could surprise a lot and come out of the conference.

I'm not making a guarantee, but I think that if any team has a shot of beating the Lakers in a series out West that Phoenix would be one of them. The reason I think they have a shot is that they have the size to deal with them.

rhino17
11-19-2008, 05:21 PM
No, and it starts with defense. They will not be able to beat the teams with dominate point guards in the playoffs (Jazz, Hornets, Spurs, etc.) because Steve Nash is such a horrible defender. He makes Rafer Alston, a terrible point guard, look like an all-star.

superkegger
11-19-2008, 05:23 PM
I've said it since last season ended that I thought once they really figured out how to incorporate Shaq into that team they would be very real contenders. I stick to that, since it looks like they've figured that out. Is there defense still a little ifffy? Yes, but I think it will be good enough to take them a ways. Will they win it all? I don't know, but I think they have just as good of a shot as anyone right now.

Draco
11-19-2008, 05:24 PM
I think they have the best chance of knocking the Lakers out of the playoffs. I certainly hopeful.

Lakersfan2483
11-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Can the Phoenix Suns win it all this year, do they have enough to do so?

Amare is getting 23 and 8
Shaq is getting 15 and 8
Nash is getting 14 and 7.5

Nash/Barbosa/Singletary
Bell/Gragic
Barnes/Hill
Amare/Biaw/Amundson
Shaq/Lopez

The reason I say them is because many have written them off. I think as long as Shaq produces as he has been and of course Amare they have a shot.

I think Nash has to play better than he has though and do a little more for that to be the case, but as long as they finish a top 4 team out west they are one team that could surprise a lot and come out of the conference.

I'm not making a guarantee, but I think that if any team has a shot of beating the Lakers in a series out West that Phoenix would be one of them. The reason I think they have a shot is that they have the size to deal with them.

No, I don't think they have a "realistic" shot at winning, most of their "key" players are past their prime and they have a mediocore bench. I think their lack of depth and age will hurt them. Also, I don't think Phx. can beat LA, San Antonio (when healthy) and New Orleans in a 7 game series. Utah would also pose major problems for Phx. Phoenix also has problems on the defensive end of the court.

TheBatchelor213
11-19-2008, 05:37 PM
They can beat anybody in the west, thet definitely have a good shot.

THE_FLASH_21
11-19-2008, 05:39 PM
No, and it starts with defense. They will not be able to beat the teams with dominate point guards in the playoffs (Jazz, Hornets, Spurs, etc.) because Steve Nash is such a horrible defender. He makes Rafer Alston, a terrible point guard, look like an all-star.

Skip to my loo is not a bad PG..... :pity:

x_notorious
11-19-2008, 05:40 PM
They have a shot, definitely. At the end of the day though, it comes down to defense.

Raja Bell is an extremely overrated defender and Nash can't play defense to save his life.

It also depends on the durability and stamina of Shaq and how his body can hold up.

THE_FLASH_21
11-19-2008, 05:42 PM
The Suns look great on Paper.. What made them good was their run and gun offense.
With Hill, Shaq, and Nash getting a bit older... They've slowed down alot.

The Lakers look unbeatable.... the Suns are at least 7th in the west.

1.Lakers
2.Utah
3.Hornets
4.Spurs
5.Mavs
6.Nuggets
7.Suns

Gibby23
11-19-2008, 05:47 PM
No they are too old. They are playing OK right now, but they will show their age after the 50 game mark and into the playoffs.

DreamShaker
11-19-2008, 05:51 PM

He's frustrating....

DreamShaker
11-19-2008, 05:52 PM
The Suns look great on Paper.. What made them good was their run and gun offense.

1.Lakers
2.Utah
3.Hornets
4.Spurs
5.Mavs
6.Nuggets
7.Suns

Wow the Rockets are below 7th??

mvp candidate
11-19-2008, 05:53 PM
No chance. The Suns would be murdered by the Lakers. Any Western Conference team located outside of California has no chance to win the title. Just look at the Lakers... they're unstoppable.

Gibby23
11-19-2008, 05:57 PM
No chance. The Suns would be murdered by the Lakers. Any Western Conference team located outside of California has no chance to win the title. Just look at the Lakers... they're unstoppable.

So, you are saying the Kings, Clips, and Golden State have a shot?

rhino17
11-19-2008, 06:03 PM

I dont consider a starting pg who only averages 4 apg and shoots 36% from the floor "good"

and you dont have Houston even making the playoffs?

fredv
11-19-2008, 06:06 PM

1.Lakers
2.Utah
3.Hornets
4.Spurs
5.Mavs
6.Nuggets
7.Suns

Wow no Rockets...

dudeonthemoon
11-19-2008, 06:23 PM
They need consist production for the sf and sg positions.

dudeonthemoon
11-19-2008, 06:23 PM
They need consist production for the sf and sg positions.

from srry

leftie5
11-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Maybe. As a Suns fan I honestly think it will depend on what type of seed we get and who we are matched up against. The Suns have played inconsistent on offense so far, but if the players are healthy I like their chances in a series. I guess all you can ask for at this point is an opportunity.

We do not match up well with the Hornets or Jazz so I would prefer to avoid them until later if possible. Tomorrow we will get a little bit of an idea how we match up with the deep and talented Lakers. Plus all the other good teams in the West as well as the East improving it is going to be tough. First we have to make the playoffs, which at this point I see us as a middle seed.

Vidball
11-19-2008, 07:00 PM
I expect the Suns to miss out on a top 4 spot and get bounced in the first round. I think L.A., Houston, Utah & N.O. will all end with better records and I would pick any of those teams over PHX in a 7 game series.

JPHX
11-19-2008, 08:20 PM
its kinda funny how a lot of posters were predicting us out of the playoffs even before the season started. i think its way too early in the season to count out a team, especially one who has been in the playoffs the past 4 years. The suns are currently holding 2nd place in the western conference and they're playing terrible. When they find cohesion, an identity, and hopefully a little defense, they may be the surprise team. The Lakers are a great team, but to say that phoenix has no chance against them without even seeing them play once this season is kinda unfair. However, i do believe that it is a do or die year for phoenix.

Lakers4ItAll
11-19-2008, 08:21 PM
I think they are right up there with any other Team that has a chance

KG#1
11-19-2008, 08:28 PM
they look better than anyone expected and they havent even figured out their dfence and their offense isnt even clicking
with the west the way it is right now if they can beat la they have a chance

JordansBulls
11-19-2008, 09:04 PM

1.Lakers
2.Utah
3.Hornets
4.Spurs
5.Mavs
6.Nuggets
7.Suns

No Rockets???

Sport
11-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Suns could definitly be there.

They undoubtedly have the talent and experience.

Rome
11-19-2008, 09:20 PM

Agreed. We definately have a chance, to say the least. Were still figuring **** out, but slowly coming along. We got LA tomorrow so thatll tell alot.

op12
11-19-2008, 11:36 PM
if they both stay healthy i predicted the rockets and suns in the WC Finals at the start of the season. i think NO is overrated and the lakers will be there if shaq doesnt play well or gets hurt or if yao/tmac get hurt. so yes, i think they can win it.

king4day
11-20-2008, 12:15 AM

1.Lakers
2.Utah
3.Hornets
4.Spurs
5.Mavs
6.Nuggets
7.Suns

How do u possibly put the Mavs ahead of Phoenix? By two spots no less. And where are the Rockets? Can't take these posts seriously if they're not thought out.

JordansBulls
11-20-2008, 01:53 AM
if they both stay healthy i predicted the rockets and suns in the WC Finals at the start of the season. i think NO is overrated and the lakers will be there if shaq doesnt play well or gets hurt or if yao/tmac get hurt. so yes, i think they can win it.

Bold Prediction, but it can certainly happen.

blip45
11-20-2008, 07:37 AM
voted 'yes' just to break the tie.

citizenc78
11-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Stat is a top 5 player in the league this year. He's strong enough to carry the suns.

If shaq is rested enough he's still a big player. Nash is nash.

Bell, Barnes, Barbosa, Diaw & The Main Man Robin Lopez. That's got a chance this year.

My Prediction.

Lakers
Suns
Jazz
Hornets
Rockets
Spurs
Nuggets
Blazers

Lakers beat Blazers
Suns Beat Nuggets
Spurs Beat Jazz
Rockets Beat Hornets

Lakers Beat Rockets
Suns Beat Spurs

Lakers Beat Suns

JJ81
11-20-2008, 08:55 AM
They have a great team but there are far better teams

JordansBulls
11-20-2008, 12:05 PM
They have a great team but there are far better teams

Of course there are better teams, but it doesn't mean the Suns don't have a chance.

Dmagic87
11-20-2008, 12:16 PM
I am still laughing at them for not keeping Joe Johnson... HAHAHAHAHA.

JordansBulls
11-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Well right now they have lost to the Hornets, Rockets and Lakers and all at home. If you can't beat elite teams at home then that won't help their case. Also Nash seems to have fallen off this year.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Suns need to play Robin Lopez more and Boris Diaw, Barbosa, to do something when they on the floor, sometimes diaw just stands there

But if everyone just improves theyre game alittle, they can go to finals

They dont really need a new player to get to the finals they just need to improve theyre game a little

Fool
11-21-2008, 11:42 AM
I think they have the best chance of knocking the Lakers out of the playoffs. I certainly hopeful.

:mad: :confused:

NYMetros
11-21-2008, 11:44 AM
They have a shot at doing it, it will take a lot of luck though. With the way they have played in the past couple games, I don't see it happening. A lot can change from now to May, though.

dre1990
11-21-2008, 11:56 AM
yes, but they wont

Lakers4ItAll
11-21-2008, 01:47 PM
I agree he isn't playing like he used to, but we knew this would happen sooner or later.....

Well right now they have lost to the Hornets, Rockets and Lakers and all at home. If you can't beat elite teams at home then that won't help their case. Also Nash seems to have fallen off this year.

king4day
11-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Suns need to play Robin Lopez more and Boris Diaw, Barbosa, to do something when they on the floor, sometimes diaw just stands there

But if everyone just improves theyre game alittle, they can go to finals

They dont really need a new player to get to the finals they just need to improve theyre game a little

I only disagree with what u said about Diaw. He's having his best season since his 05-06 with us.

thephoenixson28
11-21-2008, 02:49 PM
The suns need to run the offense with nash with the ball instead of throwing it in the post to shaq. When nash has the ball he could get you open you just need to move around. Just like when nash threw it between bynums legs and feed shaq for a dunk. They just need to mix it up but nash should have the ball in his hands. Phoenix could win it no doubt there still dangerous its cuz there inconsistent when 1 player is doing real good that another is having a bad game. When amare is dropping 40, raja is not shooting that well. When shaq is getting 29 and 13, nash is getting 10 and 6. Once this team is clicking on all cylinders they are going to be trouble for a lot of teams.

Chronz
11-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Theyre making Shaq too big of a priority, Porter needs to change that and let Nash and Amare get the bulk of the shots and possessions. You cant rely on Shaq at this stage to bring it every night.