PDA

View Full Version : Why some people shouldn't be allowed to own baseball teams:

turnaround3
11-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Per ESPN

NEW YORK -- Lew Wolff has a way to shorten baseball's postseason: Make the first round best-of-one.

"I'd make it one-game-and-you're-out for the first series," the Oakland Athletics owner said Wednesday. "It would be exciting. It would be great."

Begun in 1995, the division series has been a best-of-five competition. Some people have advocated it be expanded to best-of-seven, matching the league championship series and the World Series. Baseball commissioner Bud Selig has repeatedly said he favors the current format.

Wolff said he hasn't brought up his concept with Selig.

"No, I'm afraid to do that," he said.

Under the current format, Game 7 of the World Series wouldn't be until Nov. 5 next year. Selig said during this year's World Series that the postseason has too many off days, but shortening it appears to be impossible if Major League Baseball sticks to having the World Series start on a Wednesday, a schedule that began in 2007.

This is the same guy that denied Oakland fans thousands of seats to playoff games so he could cover the upper deck with a tarp because it looked more pleasing from an aerial view. Truly, truly astounding.

Big R
11-19-2008, 02:59 PM
maybe if he would spend the money to keep there best players they wouldnt have to rely on getting lucky and winning that 1 game

YanksFan4Life
11-19-2008, 03:07 PM
I hate that man so ****ing much.

viktor06
11-19-2008, 03:11 PM
"No, I'm afraid to do that," he said.Good, Selig would probably do it

YanksFan4Life
11-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Funny how he's afraid to mention it to Selig, but he knows damned well Selig will hear about it this way. What a *****.

ugottabjoshinme
11-19-2008, 03:18 PM
i would be fine with it...lol

Tragedy
11-19-2008, 04:10 PM
maybe if he would spend the money to keep there best players they wouldnt have to rely on getting lucky and winning that 1 game
But most of the guys that they've let go have been largely considered busts and far overpaid..

Chillwill2
11-19-2008, 06:49 PM
They might of been bust wen they left...but they were pretty good while they were there...maybe if he kept some of these guys and built a nucleus of players they could possably win instead of jus contending than giving your best guys up...