PDA

View Full Version : AK team MVP to this point?

sportsnutzz
11-19-2008, 11:40 AM
So I wanted to point out how well AK is playing. He seems to be back to his old self. I think he has quietly helped carry this team so far. This really worries me at the same time. What happens if AK walks at the end of his contracts? Is this team really a contender with out AK's D? Funny how fast everything changes, I wanted to see the Jazz trade him. Now the all those threads, stories on ESPN seem to have disappeared.

THE_FLASH_21
11-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Yeah it's because he's the 2nd scoring option. When Dwill and Okur come back... that'll change. Love seeing AK playing well doh.

sportsnutzz
11-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah it's because he's the 2nd scoring option. When Dwill and Okur come back... that'll change. Love seeing AK playing well doh.

He is?

Okur won't effect AK much at all, D-Will might change things a little. But I wasn't talking about his scoring at all. I was talking about his blocked shots, steals, his D that seems to have picked up tremendously. If it wasn't for AK I don't think we would be where we are now.

jimbobjarree
11-19-2008, 02:46 PM
another thing to point out, when he was out we went 0-2 and i dont know how capable he was in the washington game.

but I think the glory of this team is that we dont have an MVP, we play as a team, everybody has a role.....which is rare in the NBA today

джаз
11-19-2008, 05:35 PM
AK seems to be the glue that is holding this team together right now, with out AK, the Jazz would be in dire straights. I would agree, his play has been really good, if he can play like this all year the Jazz will go deep in the playoffs.

джаз
11-19-2008, 05:36 PM
AK seems to be the glue that is holding this team together right now, with out AK, the Jazz would be in dire straights. I would agree, his play has been really good, if he can play like this all year the Jazz will go deep in the playoffs.

He's playing good enough that I don't want him to get traded.

THE_FLASH_21
11-19-2008, 05:45 PM
another thing to point out, when he was out we went 0-2 and i dont know how capable he was in the washington game.

but I think the glory of this team is that we dont have an MVP, we play as a team, everybody has a role.....which is rare in the NBA today

That's what I love about my JAZZ.. us and maybe the Spurs are the only true team first mentality... We keep it old school. **** all that flashy showboat crap.

futureman
11-19-2008, 06:43 PM
I really think that he is the main reason why we have a winning record right now. However, I believe that if he gets the 6th man of the year award, that it will be his ticket out of here this summer. I'm sure teams would like to take on the contract of th player who won that type of reward.

Fans in Asia
11-20-2008, 06:53 AM
AK has made a strong statement in the Wins against Suns vs Bucks - even he is the Sixth Man, he is indispensable in the team.

He is basically everywhere, both on the defensive and offensive end. As of now, he is definitely the MVP of the team.

Quote from Price - "His (AK) capabilities to get in passing lanes and make plays happen on defense is incredible. That's why he's a key player on our team, and you can tell the difference when he's on the court and when he's not on the court."

I hope we can see him in All-Star (by coach voting of course...) this year, I hope he could win the Sixth Man Award, and perhaps he can also be in the Defensive First Team.

Another Jazz Fans in Asia
http://jazzfansinasia.blogspot.com

Raupie
11-20-2008, 12:54 PM
AK has been a stud. He diversity is what makes him so valuable. He is stealing the ball from point guards and blocking the Shaq's of the league. He is one of the few players in the league that can litterally do everything. His shooting is improving. With all the injuries we have had so far, he has been filling in everywhere.

I agree he has been MVP so far.

Bucsfan
11-20-2008, 01:34 PM
yeah i think its great, too bad he doesnt do that when everybody else is playing too

sportsnutzz
11-20-2008, 04:13 PM
yeah i think its great, too bad he doesnt do that when everybody else is playing too

I think it has everything to do with his new bench role.