PDA

View Full Version : Is LeBron the fastest player in the NBA?

MoBASS
11-19-2008, 03:54 AM
From baseline to baseline (94 feet) is there anyone faster?

When the topic of fastest guys comes along, it's always the same players:

Tony Parker
Barbosa
etc..

After seeing LeBron run some all-out sprints to make blocks on guys (Devin Harris, some dude on the Pacers last week) that were all alone on fast breaks... I'm thinking he might be able to beat any player end to end.

Sort of like how Usain Bolt uses his height for those long strides, LeBron's steps just cover more ground than anyone else.

The guy is a freakin freak.

Thoughts?

FlawlessKB24
11-19-2008, 04:07 AM
hmmmm he might be
guys like TJ Ford, Leandro Barbosa, Derrick Rose(i never realized he was so fast) are faster, but baseline to baseline, you might be right. it really wouldnt suprise me. like you said, LeBron is a FREAK

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-19-2008, 04:08 AM

Tony Parker
Barbosa
etc..

After seeing LeBron run some all-out sprints to make blocks on guys (Devin Harris, some dude on the Pacers last week) that were all alone on fast breaks... I'm thinking he might be able to beat any player end to end.

Sort of like how Usain Bolt uses his height for those long strides, LeBron's steps just cover more ground than anyone else.

Thoughts?

Are you just talking speed in general. Or are you asking with the ball? Lebron is fast both ways but after watching Rose tonight, him or CP3 might be the fastest with the ball in their hands

S.J.Basketball
11-19-2008, 04:10 AM
Anyone ever seen Monta Ellis on the break? Fastest guy in the league...he is LIGHTNING quick.

Hellcrooner
11-19-2008, 04:14 AM
tj ford and sergio rodriguez, lebron must be the fastet 6,9 dude anyway

DerekRE_3
11-19-2008, 04:15 AM
Derrick Rose is pretty damn quick with the ball. Also have you guys seen Mike Taylor, that guy is QUICK.

DerekRE_3
11-19-2008, 04:15 AM
tj ford and sergio rodriguez, lebron must be the fastet 6,9 dude anyway

I'd agree with you there, not to mention he weights like 260 pounds.

CaptainCool79
11-19-2008, 04:45 AM
he was a WR in high school, and a pretty damn good one i hear. I'd say for his size he's incredibly fast but its hard to think he's faster than the little guys like TJ ford or barbosa...monta ellis is quick, idk if he's up there with these guys though as far as being fast is. big difference between fast and quick.

rhino17
11-19-2008, 04:50 AM
No, its one of the floowing

Aaron Brooks
Leandro Barbosa
TJ Ford
Tony Parker

JayW_1023
11-19-2008, 05:55 AM
Tony Parker is top 5 at least...Iverson, for his age is still pretty fast as well.

LeBron however is prolly the fastest guy at his position...combine that with his strength and mass and you have freight train.

Rome
11-19-2008, 07:45 AM
Rose, Ford, Barbs, TP.

DocUSN
11-19-2008, 07:47 AM
He is not the fastest, but he has one of the best weight to speed ratios

LakerzDQ
11-19-2008, 08:05 AM

Tony Parker
Barbosa
etc..

Thoughts?

the thing is, Devin Harris was dribbling, while Lebron was just sprinting. of course Lebron will catch up.

still, he's damn fast for his size

dudeonthemoon
11-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Wade is pretty fast to

NYKnickFanatic
11-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Raise your hand if you care...:whistle:

:p Just kidding.

LeBron James is a BEAST!
Imagine if he was a WR in the NFL.
Im sure he has played football before, anyone for a fact though?

Jwizel_hitshrs
11-19-2008, 09:13 AM
There are like 10 guys i can think of that are clearly faster than Bron Bron.

Hey let's start a thread about how Lebron ties his shoes? Wait! How about the way Lebron holds the ball slightly more on his index finger more than his other fingers.

Like are you serious? Use your brain. God gave it to us all to use. Not to balance your face on your neck.

cubulls
11-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Derrick Rose

Jwizel_hitshrs
11-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Derrick Rose

Most athletic pound for pound in NBA.....don't know about fastest. He is up there tho!
Great call on the rook!

JordansBulls
11-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Are you just talking speed in general. Or are you asking with the ball? Lebron is fast both ways but after watching Rose tonight, him or CP3 might be the fastest with the ball in their hands

:nod:

Kabowdos
11-19-2008, 11:34 AM

Tony Parker
Barbosa
etc..

Thoughts?

He isn't the fastest but he is fast... he is a freak... everyone knows this..

Is this thread to just enhance and brag more about LeBron God given talents?

JJ81
11-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Nah there's quite a few shorter guards who are quicker

mrblisterdundee
11-19-2008, 12:38 PM
LeBron is the fastest small forward in the league.

king4day
11-19-2008, 01:53 PM
I doubt he's top 10.
Don't forget Aaron Brooks on Houston. Guy possibly quicker than Barbosa.

Zefflin
11-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Lebron for his size is fast as hell. But in the entire nba...not a chance.

Rose and CP3 are silly quick. Ford, Harris, Ellis, Barbosa, TP3, lightning as well.

Silent
11-19-2008, 02:39 PM
derrick lighting rose
cp3
monte ellis
tony parker
barbosa
and brooks from houston

Lost Art
11-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Jordan Farmar is pretty damn fast. He might be the fastest, but he's definitely up there.

weebs
11-19-2008, 02:47 PM
No, its one of the floowing

Aaron Brooks
Leandro Barbosa
TJ Ford
Tony Parker
these threads always suck because it's just people coming in and claiming people from their own team.

my vote would go to nate robinson. that dude is crazy quick.

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Allen Iverson is the fastest.

DrDEADalready
11-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah lebron. is way fast. in the game we played. i remember at one point. he was had the ball and it was him vs our three guys. and he must have a second level. cause he just boosted. went past our guys and dunked it. hes awesome

DrDEADalready
11-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Our back up PG ronnie price is pretty fast too. remember in the playoffs. he sprinted back all the way to block luke Walton. and put him on his butt. that was funny.

MiamiHeat
11-19-2008, 03:31 PM
what about Dwyane " Flash " Wade ? :D

but no he's not the fastest

FlawlessKB24
11-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Raise your hand if you care...:whistle:

Imagine if he was a WR in the NFL.
Im sure he has played football before, anyone for a fact though?

he played and dominated in HS.
WR too like you said

chicagowhitesox
11-19-2008, 04:29 PM
it's actually not rose i know that for sure based on his times at the combine. he wasn't even in the top 5 for rookies. believe it or not, joe alexander is the fastest rookie end to end down the court. i'd say it's probably eddy curry or sean may.

PhillySportFan
11-19-2008, 05:59 PM
I'd say he's pretty fast and I think and have always said the small guys are not necessarily the fastest up and down the court but maybe are the fastest when it comes to a 40 or something like that, taller but still athletic guys take bigger strides, I always say Thaddeus Young is really fast, he's 6'8 but has big strides and just flies down the floor. I think he could almost go step for step with the usually mentioned guys and could block him because of his height and arm length, speed isn't everything when it comes to going up and down the floor, it's most of it but not all of it.

Zefflin
11-19-2008, 06:02 PM
it's just people coming in and claiming people from their own team.

For the most part yeah, but I'm not one of "them." I forgot about Nate, he's fast as ****.

Btw, awesome avatar and even better quote in your sig. :clap:

chisox..YES!
11-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Rose is so ****ing quick. I'll take him or Paul with the ball in their hands over any other players in the NBA.

Lebron is probably real close though

weebs
11-19-2008, 06:25 PM
for the most part yeah, but i'm not one of "them." i forgot about nate, he's fast as ****.

Btw, awesome avatar and even better quote in your sig. :clap:

;)

madiaz3
11-19-2008, 06:38 PM
A handful of people are faster, but that doesn't mean they are willing to attempt to step infront of him on the break. Anyone who is strong enough to contest his shot on the break probably isn't fast enough.

Illuminati
11-19-2008, 06:43 PM
No he is not. Why you would ask a stupid question like that is beyond me.

KobeIs
11-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Lebron is quick, but you gotta give it up to D Rose man.

Dudes a freaken blur

philab
11-19-2008, 07:47 PM
The question was "fastest", not "quickest".

LeBron's definitely not the quickest.

He might, however, be among the fastest (i.e., in a straight line, "baseline-to-baseline as the OP said). At 6'9" and with his athleticism, he can cover a lot of distance in a short time.

There's almost definitely a couple former track stars in the NBA somewhere that could outrun him though.

Lakers4ItAll
11-19-2008, 07:55 PM
I highley doubt Lebron is faster than CP3 D Rose or any other quik PG, but I wouldn't doubt if he is the fastest SF in the NBA

Yogi
11-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Dee Brown is.

goldenstater
11-19-2008, 08:15 PM
there is no one faster than monte. i promise you, dude is the fastest player in the league since allen I was in his prime. its def. goes to my boy monte the mississippi missle!