PDA

View Full Version : Gasol and Gasol

SAVAGE CLAW
11-19-2008, 02:23 AM
See ive taken a lot of heat for calling Hoggers some of the players who play at Pau and Marcs side and Claiming more shots for them.

Ok lets look at today.

For one day Kobe is not the Laker with most shot attempts, he feeded Pau

result, Lakers win Pau 34 points.

IM not saying he has to shoot more than kobe, but i think if Kobe gets 25 a game then Pau should have his own 18-20 that would grant victories for lakers and a 22-23 scoring average for him.

As for Marc , Today Mayo DID NOT hog the ball, result Grizzlies Win

as for Marc he took just 6 shots and still made 16 points, yesterday he took 6 and made 16 points too.

Imagine if gay and Mayo instead of taking 22 shots each everyday shot just 17 and gave marc 10 more shots.

They could be the first team to have trhee people averaging 20 plus in a long while, and win much more games.

Right now its Amazing that Marc is averagin So much points with so little number of shots, it must be some kind of record.

Lakersfan2483
11-19-2008, 02:31 AM
See ive taken a lot of heat for calling Hoggers some of the players who play at Pau and Marcs side and Claiming more shots for them.

Ok lets look at today.

IM not saying he has to shoot more than kobe, but i think if Kobe gets 25 a game then Pau should have his own 18-20 that would grant victories for lakers and a 22-23 scoring average for him.

as for Marc he took just 6 shots and still made 16 points, yesterday he took 6 and made 16 points too.

Imagine if gay and Mayo instead of taking 22 shots each everyday shot just 17 and gave marc 10 more shots.

They could be the first team to have trhee people averaging 20 plus in a long while, and win much more games.

Right now its Amazing that Marc is averagin So much points with so little number of shots, it must be some kind of record.

Both of the Gasol brothers are excellent players, especially Pau. Pau had a big game tonight.

SteveNash
11-19-2008, 02:45 AM
Why should anyone give it to Marc Gasol? He can only average 1 assist per game. Marc needs to give the ball up more and help create for others if he wants to receive the ball.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-19-2008, 02:54 AM
Marc is CONSTANTLY creating screens for Gay and Mayo.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-19-2008, 03:00 AM

Ok lets look at today.

Man, you have some serious national pride. My moms family came from Mexico so I'm going to start a Eduardo Najera thread telling Vince Carter and Devin Harris to stop chucking so much so my countryman can pad his stats. :rolleyes:

The Lakers are 8-1. Why are you complaining about shots for Pau? If they were losing, I could see you asking for a change. But they are winning and you are a Knick fan. So you obviously dont have the Lakers best interest in mind. You have the back of Gasol's basketball card in mind.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-19-2008, 03:01 AM
are you telling that Najera is as good as Pau or Marc?

Lakersfan2483
11-19-2008, 03:02 AM
Man, you have some serious national pride. My moms family came from Mexico so I'm going to start a Eduardo Najera thread telling Vince Carter and Devin Harris to stop chucking so much so my countryman can pad his stats. :rolleyes:

The Lakers are 8-1. Why are you complaining about shots for Pau? If they were losing, I could see you asking for a change. But they are winning and you are a Knick fan. So you obviously dont have the Lakers best interest in mind. You have the back of Gasol's basketball card in mind.

lol. Agreed.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-19-2008, 03:05 AM
No, that was a joke. Im just saying I know you want Pau and Marc to do well cause they are from Spain and so are you. But telling an 8-1 team to change their ways does not make sense. Especially when you are trying to take the ball out of the hands of one of the leagues best players. There is a saying in America, "If it aint broke, dont fix it"

I can agree with Marc though. The team is not winning so getting a good inside post scorer would be in their best interest.

Hellcrooner
11-19-2008, 04:16 AM
well im a LAKER fan and agree pau shoudl get more touches.

anyway i wonder what happens with pau, it seems he CANT do two things right at tehsame time.

evereytime he scores in 30s his rebounds are in the 5 or six margin

everytime he gets 15-18 rebounds he scores less than 15 points.

Come on man try 25-10 !!!!!

Hellcrooner
11-19-2008, 04:29 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7384515&posted=1#post7384515

seems Coach agrees with You.

Pity in the first game after scold they shared the ball, but NOT to Marc...

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-19-2008, 04:31 AM
well im a LAKER fan and agree pau shoudl get more touches.

anyway i wonder what happens with pau, it seems he CANT do two things right at tehsame time.

evereytime he scores in 30s his rebounds are in the 5 or six margin

everytime he gets 15-18 rebounds he scores less than 15 points.

Come on man try 25-10 !!!!!

Okay, your a Laker fan. Can I ask you why you truly want Pau to get more touches? Do you think the Lakers would be 9-0? Do you think it would really help the Lakers if Kobe was not a big part of the offense? Or is it just cause Pau is from Spain? Or do you think it would really help the team if we just fed it to Pau in the post all the time?

Hellcrooner
11-19-2008, 04:54 AM
if pau hjad scored 20 a game in the finals we woudl be deffending the title.
But once we reacehd the big games Kobe started to make all the shots.

Exactlhy waht happened back in 04, with teh exact same results. :(

cahawk
11-19-2008, 05:18 AM
Gasol is awesome and underrated and needs more shot attempts.
Laker's have the most talent in the NBA.
If kobe can keep his ego in check and not get jealous of Gasol they should win it all.

Lakersfan2483
11-19-2008, 05:37 AM
If Pau keeps producing like this, he will get more shot attempts. Gasol should get around 16 shots a game, maybe a little more. He's a talented player and a great 2nd option.

Ansy
11-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Marc is CONSTANTLY creating screens for Gay and Mayo.

What does this have to do with giving Marc the ball?

Kyben36
11-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Marc is the Better C. Pau is the Better player. Pau needs to bulk up if he expects to play C well. But now he plays PF so he should be Great

Big Quett
11-19-2008, 08:49 AM

Man i really dont want to sound like a racist or anything but man i am getting so tired of the Spaniards thinking there players are the best ever. They act like every guy from spain is the best ever. I think like a couple weeks ago. People were actually saying that Brandon Roy needed to play less so that Sergio Rodriguez could get more time. I mean the dude actually said Roy needed to be benched in favor of him. I mean did you ever think maybe he just isnt that good as being being the reason he isnt getting mins and why they drafted Bayless to eventually take his spot. And if i here that Jose Calderon is the best PG in the east without even starting a full season im going to explode.

And like somebody said why do care how much Pau shoots they are winning. They are what 9 and 1 why would you mess with anything.And what happened in the other 8 games when Kobe didnt feed Pau? They were wins. You act like Pau is the only reason they win. Pau is not a go to guy. I think he pretty much proved that down here in Memphis with ZERO playoff wins when he was the main option. You lakers fans better hope nothing goes wrong with Kobe or you will see the real Pau Gasol when he has to do it himself.

I know there is talent from your country but dont act like everybody from there is the next G.O.A.T.

And you complain about everybody else shooting so much then what if the Gasols shot as much as the other guys.wouldnt that make them ballhogs too? Or would that even matter. Or that would probably be ok since they Spaniards?

And do you want to hear a stat? The Grizz are 1-3 when Marc has 11 or more shot attempts.

Big Quett
11-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Repost

lakerboy
11-19-2008, 09:14 AM
if pau hjad scored 20 a game in the finals we woudl be deffending the title.
But once we reacehd the big games Kobe started to make all the shots.

Exactlhy waht happened back in 04, with teh exact same results. :(

Pau kept fumbling the ball you if would remember. Perkins and Garnett held him to his ground.

Regardless, let's not play the blame game. Everyone was at fault in the 2008 finals. It was a nightmare for the Lakers. Everybody had their chance, and nobody contributed.

Hellcrooner
11-19-2008, 11:05 AM
^in fact pau held garnett to his worst performance in a series in the playoffs, yet he gets the blame from the lose, while ppierce Ate alive the "idol"

JordansBulls
11-19-2008, 11:09 AM
so I'm going to start a Eduardo Najera thread telling Vince Carter and Devin Harris to stop chucking so much so my countryman can pad his stats. :rolleyes:

:laugh2:

Raptors27
11-19-2008, 11:11 AM

Ok lets look at today.

A didn,t think a long while was last year. Check Golden State: Ellis, Jackson and Davis.

Anyways..I think Pau gasol should get a few more touches a game, but its hard with him because they also have Bynum, so its kinda hard to satisfy both bigs.

Marc Gasol does have talent but not enough to be a 3rd scorer or get 20 ppg.

Kabowdos
11-19-2008, 11:14 AM

Ok lets look at today.

If you haven't noticed... since last season Kobe has taken under 20 shots a game. He rarely shoots more than 20 a game. Gasol gets plenty of touches. He just had a big game today against a team that had no one to contest with him. Did you see Gasol in the playoffs? In the finals? He doesn't play well against bigger heavier and sometimes even fast guys than him. That is why he benefits from Bynum, so he can get the second biggest guy.

Hellcrooner
11-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Marc gasol has the talent to be the FIRST scorer in that Crappy team, check his numbers in spain they where far better than Paus, well in fact his last MVP WINNER season was the first MVP season ever in the League, yuo know who is second in that list? ARVIDAS SABONIS:

Hellcrooner
11-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Im fed of the Pau didnt win a game in the playoffs thing

well first of all im very sure he won quite a few this year :p

then nobody doubts T-Mac star power and he has been in Powerfull teams for YEARS and has not gotten out of the first round!!!

then you say PAu lead Memphsi nowhere.

ok

Memphis ( vancouver) PRevious to gasol

6 season 0 playoff appearances in gasols 6 and half seasons 3 appearances would have been 4 if not for HIS injury two seasons ago.

maximum games won in a season previous to gasol, 21 , gasol lead them TWICE consecutive years to 50 victories.

Yes 0 wins, 8th seed all the times in a REALLY stacked west, leaving out of the playoffs very good teams,, the always fell against the FIRST seed in the WHOLE LEAGUE.

The three times Pau made his numbers better in the playoffs, but teammates Failed.

ANd well, Lead Barcelona to the League and Spanish Cup, lead spain to the world Junior CHampionship in 99, led Spain to World Championship in 06, lead spain to silver this year ( and with 4 minutes left they were just 1 point behind Almighty Team Usa Redeem Team) has collected some more silver and Bronze medals in European CHampionships.

Tim Duncan is bettr than Him, KG is better than him , Stoudamire is better than him Dirk.....Everytime Germany mmets Spain Gasol Owns him but people say Boozer, Brand even Stupid David West are better than him and thats not true, but people wont stop saying that crap unless his "Basketball Card" states in the back that he does 20 points per game, he needs the ball for that.

Gibby23
11-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Marc gasol has the talent to be the FIRST scorer in that Crappy team, check his numbers in spain they where far better than Paus, well in fact his last MVP WINNER season was the first MVP season ever in the League, yuo know who is second in that list? ARVIDAS SABONIS:

Pau last played in the Spain League when he was 18 or 19 years old, last year Marc was like 23 year old. At 23 Gasol put up better numbers in the NBA than Marc did at age 23 in Spain.

Gibby23
11-19-2008, 11:26 AM

then nobody doubts T-Mac star power and he has been in Powerfull teams for YEARS and has not gotten out of the first round!!!

ok

6 season 0 playoff appearances in gasols 6 and half seasons 3 appearances would have been 4 if not for HIS injury two seasons ago.

maximum games won in a season previous to gasol, 21 , gasol lead them TWICE consecutive years to 50 victories.

Yes 0 wins, 8th seed all the times in a REALLY stacked west, leaving out of the playoffs very good teams,, the always fell against the FIRST seed in the WHOLE LEAGUE.

The three times Pau made his numbers better in the playoffs, but teammates Failed.

ANd well, Lead Barcelona to the League and Spanish Cup, lead spain to the world Junior CHampionship in 99, led Spain to World Championship in 06, lead spain to silver this year ( and with 4 minutes left they were just 1 point behind Almighty Team Usa Redeem Team) has collected some more silver and Bronze medals in European CHampionships.

Tim Duncan is bettr than Him, KG is better than him , Stoudamire is better than him Dirk.....Everytime Germany mmets Spain Gasol Owns him but people say Boozer, Brand even Stupid David West are better than him and thats not true, but people wont stop saying that crap unless his "Basketball Card" states in the back that he does 20 points per game, he needs the ball for that.
If this team Pau is on wins a couple of rings people will know who is better.

Hellcrooner
11-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Pau last played in the Spain League when he was 18 or 19 years old, last year Marc was like 23 year old. At 23 Gasol put up better numbers in the NBA than Marc did at age 23 in Spain.

Euro numbers cant be compared to Nba numbers, basically because in fiba teams dont make Star pLays, and team Stars do not get An excesive amount of touches and do not hog the ball and go one on one 1 of each two times, you move the ball and look for the open man, thats why generally all the starters at seasons end average similar numbers, the worst like 10 ppg and the best like 15 or 16 per game.

In Nba the two best players normally shot like the same amount of times than players 3 to 6 combined.

lakers4sho
11-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Pau is an excellent player. Arguably a top 5 PF today. Of course people are going to deny that because he's not a 25/12 player, but there's more to it than just stats. He brings a lot of intangibles to the game that you won't see if you just stare at the box score.

mrblisterdundee
11-19-2008, 12:40 PM
I wonder how they get along on the holidays. It seems they would be very competetive, between the Olympics and the NBA.

footballbizz
11-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Marc will be one of the best C in the league.... or at least one of the best Defenders on the league for sure!!!

www.saqueneutral.blogspot.com/2008/11/nbaspain-and-rookies-this-article-is.html

Lakers4ItAll
11-19-2008, 08:04 PM
I think you all are givin Marc a lil too much Love this early in his career, let's see how he has done after 1/2 a season or so

Hellcrooner
11-19-2008, 08:09 PM
8 posts, why do i have this scent on my nose that he is spanish too....

canmods now where an ip comes from?

DenButsu
11-19-2008, 08:51 PM
doh

Lakers4ItAll
11-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Lol

Hellcrooner
11-19-2008, 09:12 PM
who have i been drinking beers with in the eavening then?

Big Quett
11-20-2008, 01:39 AM

ok

So none of it was ever his fault huh? If you give all the credit for the success then you have to give him all the credit for the failures as well.

That is exactly what i am talking about. It is never the Spaniards fault when they lose. It is everybody elses fault. But when they win it was all them. You say he couldnt do it all by himself. But you give him all the credit by hisself when he wins.

The fact of the matter is im not saying they should have won a series im saying they should have won a game. You cant tell me Duncan, KG, or Amare wouldnt have won 1 game. Zero and 12 no way one of those others let that happen. If you are a star you are supposed to make everyone else around you better not just yourself.