PDA

View Full Version : Q-Rich on Celtics

BTownTeamsRKing
11-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Richardson stirs the pot
Link|Comments (0) Posted by Gary Dzen, Boston.com Staff November 18, 2008 10:58 PM
Knicks guard Quentin Richardson made some incendiary comments toward the Celtics after the game:

"I think a few of those guys know they canít just say anything to us," said Richardson. "Iím just real curious to see what those guys will be saying if we werenít in a basketball league, and didnít have referees. I mean it wouldnít be the same story. I mean they are the World Champions and rah-rah-rah, but the tough part I donít factor. I come from a neighborhood where you can say what you want to say, but 'til you do something, it donít mean nothing. Some of those guys are happy to get a ring, but you ainít been in the league long enough to talk to people like that. I donít have a lot of respect for that. Like I said, Iíd be curious to hear what they have to say in a different setting, Iíd be very curious to see that.Ē

what do u guys think when u hear a player say something like this? I know it doesnt belong in pro basketball, thats for sure.

The Magic Man
11-19-2008, 12:31 AM
If they were on the same team do you think they would ever win a championship in thier career?

DreamShaker
11-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Q-Rich is a millionaire in his 30's and hasn't been in the hood in over 10 years....

onlythisfar41
11-19-2008, 12:48 AM
dammit Q i love ya when your hitting three's but seriously shut up.

AirJordanXVIII
11-19-2008, 12:48 AM
I actually approve of this quote. I really do. Some Celtic players (cough cought Paul Pierce) are being big *******s. "I'm the best player in the world!!!!"

Not.

KG owns you PP.

cubulls
11-19-2008, 12:49 AM
Fine and or suspension on the way :D

BTownTeamsRKing
11-19-2008, 12:49 AM
i think wen ppl talk about clearing the NBA from an image problem, this is what they mean. and KG wasnt even there, i wonder who was trash talken on the Celtics. Probably Scal. i bet scal could take this fool with no weapons involved.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-19-2008, 01:46 AM
i think wen ppl talk about clearing the NBA from an image problem, this is what they mean. and KG wasnt even there, i wonder who was trash talken on the Celtics. Probably Scal. i bet scal could take this fool with no weapons involved.

It had to be someone young. He said "you aint been in the league long enough to talk like that" Maybe it was Rondo:confused:

superkegger
11-19-2008, 02:05 AM
I don't really have a problem with it.

hotpotato1092
11-19-2008, 02:09 AM
I think the real question here is what happened to free speech? Unless you're seriously offending somebody you shouldn't get fined at all. This problem is much bigger in the NFL though, they get fines for everything.

Lakersfan2483
11-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Richardson stirs the pot
Link|Comments (0) Posted by Gary Dzen, Boston.com Staff November 18, 2008 10:58 PM
Knicks guard Quentin Richardson made some incendiary comments toward the Celtics after the game:

"I think a few of those guys know they canít just say anything to us," said Richardson. "Iím just real curious to see what those guys will be saying if we werenít in a basketball league, and didnít have referees. I mean it wouldnít be the same story. I mean they are the World Champions and rah-rah-rah, but the tough part I donít factor. I come from a neighborhood where you can say what you want to say, but 'til you do something, it donít mean nothing. Some of those guys are happy to get a ring, but you ainít been in the league long enough to talk to people like that. I donít have a lot of respect for that. Like I said, Iíd be curious to hear what they have to say in a different setting, Iíd be very curious to see that.Ē

what do u guys think when u hear a player say something like this? I know it doesnt belong in pro basketball, thats for sure.

It was great for Boston to win a title last year, but some of their players (Eddie House) like to run their mouth, just play the game and exhibit some class. Everyone knows you won the title, act like it. I think Q. Rich was just speaking from experience, nothing wrong with what he said.

Apophis
11-19-2008, 02:28 AM
It was great for Boston to win a title last year, but some of their players (Eddie House) like to run their mouth, just play the game and exhibit some class. Everyone knows you won the title, act like it. I think Q. Rich was just speaking from experience, nothing wrong with what he said.

I dont see anything wrong with what he said either...Q-Rich is right...

TMAC94
11-19-2008, 02:31 AM
i hate boston there snobs

Duncan = Donkey
11-19-2008, 03:01 AM
it was probaly kendrick perkins, he runs his mouth alot.

tusc31
11-19-2008, 03:18 AM
It had to be someone young. He said "you aint been in the league long enough to talk like that" Maybe it was Rondo:confused:

i know last year Pierce and Q were going at it a few times... and in preseason this year if you recall Marbury had words wit Eddie House

Mallpha
11-19-2008, 04:37 AM
Tbh when you watch Celtics games now lot of their players behaviour leaves a bad taste after game so Richardson comment doesnt suprise me.

Nighthawk
11-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Please...Where the champs....trash talking is apart of basketball...I seen it in street ball, jr high, high school, college and pros. Q is just mad they lost. You have to be in the leage 10 yrs to start talkin trash???? Please....basketball is a fun game and trash talkin to me is a part of sports. Sorry Mr. Richardson that your on the Knicks and can do nothing about it. Have fun in the lottery this year watching our trash talkers try an defend OUR crown :D

BTownTeamsRKing
11-19-2008, 10:49 AM
how is their nothing wrong with what he said? He basically said if we were in the streets, I would jump you with my team. He is that street image the NBA doesnt need. If this isn't encouraging violence, then I don't know what is.

It must have been Scalabrine yelling something after he drained that 3 at the end. He is a well known street thug who is also known for breaking down opponents mentally and physically.

NYKnickFanatic
11-19-2008, 10:54 AM
I wanted to see Q knock someone out yesterday. :D

Silent
11-19-2008, 10:57 AM
how is their nothing wrong with what he said? He basically said if we were in the streets, I would jump you with my team. He is that street image the NBA doesnt need. If this isn't encouraging violence, then I don't know what is.

It must have been Scalabrine yelling something after he drained that 3 at the end. He is a well known street thug who is also known for breaking down opponents mentally and physically.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh2::laugh2::laugh 2:

Kabowdos
11-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Richardson stirs the pot

Celtics are the most arrogant team in the league. Look at them, let's get two HUGE super all stars to take a pay cut so we can win a championship. Pretty smart idea but it does show the lack of intelligence the front office and coaching staff has about drafting players. Also the lack of confidence. They didn't build this team the right way. So you can see why they are hated. Also most fans and players on the team act like they are God now.... since the Celtics won the championship Paul Pierce now thinks he is the best player in the world HAHHAHAHA LOL not even top 5.

Faneik
11-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Q-Rich is just mad b/c Scal sent him home with a loss.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Q-Rich is just mad b/c Scal sent him home with a loss.

exactly. did Q forget last year's visit to the Garden? as in the 40+ point beat down.
I think its only a matter of time before he takes a swing at Pierce. they had problems last year too so I know hes gonna try somethin against Paul, so i would keep Big Baby out there late in the game just in case bc I dont want Paul responding and getting suspened.

tonyd3b54
11-19-2008, 12:22 PM

scal would beat this guy with a riddle...

scal: what gets wet as it dries?

qrich: :faint:

if u were really a man Qrich u would man up and play defense... yes u have to acutally work hard to play defense... not just stand in the corner and shoot 3s the easiest thing to do in basketball...

tonyd3b54
11-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Celtics are the most arrogant team in the league. Look at them, let's get two HUGE super all stars to take a pay cut so we can win a championship. Pretty smart idea but it does show the lack of intelligence the front office and coaching staff has about drafting players. Also the lack of confidence. They didn't build this team the right way. So you can see why they are hated. Also most fans and players on the team act like they are God now.... since the Celtics won the championship Paul Pierce now thinks he is the best player in the world HAHHAHAHA LOL not even top 5.

lack of drafting skill? lets go over the celtics draft the last few years... al jefferson... hm i believe that guy is getting like 22 and 10 a game now adays right? ryan gomes a solid pf off the bench... delonte west tearing it up in cleveland now... leon powe rajon rondo kendrick perkins tony allen all played huge roles in getting us a championship... not to mention pierce was drafted by the celtics

Testaverde16
11-19-2008, 01:18 PM
The Celtics do really come across as @$$holes and they are cocky bastards, but Richardson has to shut his mouth. He's just an idiot.

DJ CHACH
11-19-2008, 01:50 PM
ALL U IDIOTS SHUT up...qrich is 110% right..the celtics talk allota **** and the refs back them up...its unbeleivable how the refs were calling everything for the celtics, leon powe's flop on david lee, better get penalized by the nba....the refs gave every call to paul pierce..qrich is stating the obvious, these guy have nothing without the referees...just becasue they have 3 all stars doesnt mean the get more calls at the end of gammes..I LOVE QRICH's attitude..its something we havent seen since the 90's and if u loved 90's basketball, then u love a little trash talk, especially when wat he is saying is true..why is it that the celtics can yell and scream if they ever get a foul called on them but when d'anotni shows emotion in the same way he gets a T? doc rivers was gong more insane when wilson chandler had that ANd 1, adn the ref just pretended he wasnt cursing at him..watch the game on MSG and ull c what i mean, MSG gets better angles than all othe cameras....the celtics throw jabs and then run behind the referreee...not championship like..more like p.u.s.s.y.s......if u respect what the celtics got away with last night, then u shud respect CARMELO throwing a punch and then running away like a *****...and if u respect carmelo, then please dont ever turn on ur tv to watch a game again

Faneik
11-19-2008, 01:55 PM
ALL U IDIOTS SHUT up...qrich is 110% right..the celtics talk allota **** and the refs back them up...its unbeleivable how the refs were calling everything for the celtics, leon powe's flop on david lee, better get penalized by the nba....the refs gave every call to paul pierce..qrich is stating the obvious, these guy have nothing without the referees...just becasue they have 3 all stars doesnt mean the get more calls at the end of gammes..I LOVE QRICH's attitude..its something we havent seen since the 90's and if u loved 90's basketball, then u love a little trash talk, especially when wat he is saying is true..why is it that the celtics can yell and scream if they ever get a foul called on them but when d'anotni shows emotion in the same way he gets a T? doc rivers was gong more insane when wilson chandler had that ANd 1, adn the ref just pretended he wasnt cursing at him..watch the game on MSG and ull c what i mean, MSG gets better angles than all othe cameras....the celtics throw jabs and then run behind the referreee...not championship like..more like p.u.s.s.y.s......if u respect what the celtics got away with last night, then u shud respect CARMELO throwing a punch and then running away like a *****...and if u respect carmelo, then please dont ever turn on ur tv to watch a game again

Yeah buddy.

Blame it on the refs.

Kn1cks20
11-19-2008, 02:01 PM
oh enough with the....he said she said bullcrap....just put it all out the court....these guys are all getting paid crazy money!!!!

Dol-Fan
11-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah buddy.

Blame it on the refs.

while his language is far less than superior, to dismiss the notion that refs influence Celtics games is a little premature. Just look at the Celts/Raps game from the other night, where KG was taunting Calderon, any player would have gotten suspended for that with a technical. but not KG. Add in the fact that Garnett only got a one game suspension for his smack on Bogut? What did Carmelo get in his slapping incident against the Knicks?

the Celtics are awful, my stomach turns every time I watch them play because they just don't shut up and they somehow manage to get the refs to reverse calls.

as for Q-Rich, I don't mind his comments one bit. Perkins is probably the guy who was chirping without merit. He was chirping Jermaine O'Neal because JO was torching him and somehow managed to get a double technical out of it.

Robbie7138
11-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Thank god the spurs dont act like that:)

DJ CHACH
11-19-2008, 04:13 PM
while his language is far less than superior, to dismiss the notion that refs influence Celtics games is a little premature. Just look at the Celts/Raps game from the other night, where KG was taunting Calderon, any player would have gotten suspended for that with a technical. but not KG. Add in the fact that Garnett only got a one game suspension for his smack on Bogut? What did Carmelo get in his slapping incident against the Knicks?

the Celtics are awful, my stomach turns every time I watch them play because they just don't shut up and they somehow manage to get the refs to reverse calls.

as for Q-Rich, I don't mind his comments one bit. Perkins is probably the guy who was chirping without merit. He was chirping Jermaine O'Neal because JO was torching him and somehow managed to get a double technical out of it.

finally, someone who knows basketball...did anyone see the replay, what did bogut do to get a technical? its too bad the spurs dont have their floppers al playing together yet..tony parker and ginobili, are the definition of flopping

DJ CHACH
11-19-2008, 04:18 PM
AND FOR ALL BOSTON FANS.. do u know the TERM BANDWAGON? it seems like u werent aroun when they sucked..im a knicks fan, and we are everywhere in the world...and if u dont think for one second that i am loyal....look at my history...besides i call missing exams because the knicks games or on at 7:30 pretty loyal

ShakeN'Bake
11-19-2008, 04:19 PM

I agree with you that KG should have gotten a technical for taunting Calderon he was acting ridiculous. And that call that the refs reversed in the raps game was bs they had it right the first time I cant believe they reversed it.

But did you really just compare what KG did with Bogut to what Melo did in the Denver New York fight? Come on give me a break...

As far as Q-rich is concerned I don't have a problem with what he said, people shouldn't being saying crap on the court that they wouldn't say off the court. Your probably right about Perk too, Perk is just and idiot, have you ever listened to him talk? Whenever I hear him talk I feel like I'm listening to an 8 year old...his high school education really shows..

BTownTeamsRKing
11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
so u guys complain the Spurs and Pistons are too boring and the Celtics are arrogant and loud mouths because they trash talk and celebrate. ok so what do these 3 teams have in common?

think for a moment....o thats right, they all have recent NBA titles. stop with your lame complaints, we know that no one likes a winner unless its their winner, but damn u guys are reaching for reasons to bash the teams.

DJ CHACH
11-19-2008, 04:23 PM
http://sports.todaysbigthing.com/2008/11/12

and if u are a celtic fans who watches every game..when garnett is up, he talks ****..when they are down, he's all of a sudden so quiet...i watched the knicks punk his a.s.s. in the preseason, he talked **** all game, and when they were down, not only does he fold under pressure at teh end, but all of a sudden he becomes silent...i call that a wussy, who talks wen he's up...i cant wait till all 3 go down with an injury, and ur relying on rondo's same fake behind hte pass move everytime and kick out to scalabrine...lets see how loyal ull be when scalabrine is the reason to cheer

ShakeN'Bake
11-19-2008, 04:27 PM
AND FOR ALL BOSTON FANS.. do u know the TERM BANDWAGON? it seems like u werent aroun when they sucked..im a knicks fan, and we are everywhere in the world...and if u dont think for one second that i am loyal....look at my history...besides i call missing exams because the knicks games or on at 7:30 pretty loyal

Im so tired of this kind of bull. You cant tell when someone was a fan of a team from their join date on PSD or how many times they post in a forum. Ive been a fan of the Celtics since '96 but I didn't find PSD till all of the AI rumors were circulating a couple of years ago and didn't join the forums till last year...So your telling me I'm a bandwagon fan because I didn't join PSD till last year?

This isn't meant to be aimed at just you there a lot of people around here that use that same logic and its annoying.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-19-2008, 04:29 PM
http://sports.todaysbigthing.com/2008/11/12

and if u are a celtic fans who watches every game..when garnett is up, he talks ****..when they are down, he's all of a sudden so quiet...i watched the knicks punk his a.s.s. in the preseason, he talked **** all game, and when they were down, not only does he fold under pressure at teh end, but all of a sudden he becomes silent...i call that a wussy, who talks wen he's up...i cant wait till all 3 go down with an injury, and ur relying on rondo's same fake behind hte pass move everytime and kick out to scalabrine...lets see how loyal ull be when scalabrine is the reason to cheer

u talk alotta trash for someone criticizing a team for talken trash and being loud mouths. enjoy having punks like Q on your team while u can, hes gone the second dantoni gets a chance to dump him back to the streets.

DJ CHACH
11-19-2008, 04:31 PM
so u guys complain the Spurs and Pistons are too boring and the Celtics are arrogant and loud mouths because they trash talk and celebrate. ok so what do these 3 teams have in common?

think for a moment....o thats right, they all have recent NBA titles. stop with your lame complaints, we know that no one likes a winner unless its their winner, but damn u guys are reaching for reasons to bash the teams.

thats the new nba for u....flopping +championships..look at every team u just mentioned, all have floppers, chauncey billups(which u shud remember from the time he pulled that head fake move early last season to hit 2 freethrows)..ginobili parker...paul pierce, leon powe, ray allen, rondo,...all three teams u just listed all consist of floppers so whats ur point...i personally hate the nba nowadays bc its teams who flop that ruin what the nba was, and makes the game a freethrow shooting contest...do u remember when mutombo used to get called for technicals for waving his finger, THE NBA SED AS LONG AS IT IS IN THE DIRECTION OF THE CROWD, NO PROBLEM...so kg was pointing to the crowd? or was the call reversal legit? u tell me man...all i know is the league is built for flopping, as the past 3 teams who won champions for the past 5 yrs have shown..they punish ppl for being to strong, because of frail floppers who dont beling in the paint like the rondo's, devin harris', tony parker, ginobili's,..thats y i dont get why paul pierce flops, he has a the boddy of a wrestler, is he really nit confident enuf to go in with his body without crying..vince carter has tranformed his game from dunking, to pure looking for ways to draw foul on people, do u respect these things that make up the nba? i dont and i know ur lying if u tell me u do

DJ CHACH
11-19-2008, 04:34 PM
u talk alotta trash for someone criticizing a team for talken trash and being loud mouths. enjoy having punks like Q on your team while u can, hes gone the second dantoni gets a chance to dump him back to the streets.

so is doc rivers once they find out he cant really coach...were u last in the league 2 seasons ago..TANKING ANYONE? umbutu is a code for flopping, and big names

DJ CHACH
11-19-2008, 04:36 PM
BTOWNTEAMSAREKING..ur pic and ur profile sugggest ur a patriots fan, did u jump off that bandwagon becuz they werent doing well? underneath u thankthe celtics and the red sox, wheres the patriots, only when they win?

BTownTeamsRKing
11-19-2008, 04:39 PM
thats the new nba for u....flopping +championships..look at every team u just mentioned, all have floppers, chauncey billups(which u shud remember from the time he pulled that head fake move early last season to hit 2 freethrows)..ginobili parker...paul pierce, leon powe, ray allen, rondo,...all three teams u just listed all consist of floppers so whats ur point...i personally hate the nba nowadays bc its teams who flop that ruin what the nba was, and makes the game a freethrow shooting contest...do u remember when mutombo used to get called for technicals for waving his finger, THE NBA SED AS LONG AS IT IS IN THE DIRECTION OF THE CROWD, NO PROBLEM...so kg was pointing to the crowd? or was the call reversal legit? u tell me man...all i know is the league is built for flopping, as the past 3 teams who won champions for the past 5 yrs have shown..they punish ppl for being to strong, because of frail floppers who dont beling in the paint like the rondo's, devin harris', tony parker, ginobili's,..thats y i dont get why paul pierce flops, he has a the boddy of a wrestler, is he really nit confident enuf to go in with his body without crying..vince carter has tranformed his game from dunking, to pure looking for ways to draw foul on people, do u respect these things that make up the nba? i dont and i know ur lying if u tell me u do

now u sound smart. i agree flopping is awful, but Pierce is not a flopper. all the others mentioned are, but Paul gets hit hard in the paint. most of the time his headband flys off and theres no foul. i agree tho i hate how billupts just tries to draw fouls, but thats Pro Ball. Pierce, VC, Kobe, Lebron, Wade...they all try to draw fouls, i just hate billupts for it bc he is unbelievable at it.

every team flops now. every team tries to draw fouls. its nothin new. do i like it? no way. but i believe trash talking should be allowed no matter what. its part of basketball no matter where u play. someone is trying to get in your head. raps fans should be pissed at calderon for crying to the ref. a grown man crying to the ref bc KG is clapping and pointing at him. KG got in his head. thats all he wanted and he did it.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-19-2008, 04:41 PM
BTOWNTEAMSAREKING..ur pic and ur profile sugggest ur a patriots fan, did u jump off that bandwagon becuz they werent doing well? underneath u thankthe celtics and the red sox, wheres the patriots, only when they win?

Ellis Hobbs is my sig, how exactly does that mean i gave up? Cassel is doing good, but its been a rough year with the damn injuries. anyways off topic. wat did u want me to thank the Patriots for this year? thanks for ending up with everyone on IR? no more like get a new training staff.

KmB728
11-19-2008, 04:50 PM
just because Boston fans dont have Pats sigs up now doesnt mean we gave up bro..... i still watch every game in my Brady jersey every week

anyway.... the celtics have the right to talk all the trash they want, there the world champs.... if people are sick of it then beat them

BTownTeamsRKing
11-19-2008, 04:54 PM
just because Boston fans dont have Pats sigs up now doesnt mean we gave up bro..... i still watch every game in my Brady jersey every week

anyway.... the celtics have the right to talk all the trash they want, there the world champs.... if people are sick of it then beat them

well lets see this season i wore Brady, then Maroney, then Harrison and my bro wears adaluis thomas, well thats turned out well. im down to an old school Red Bruschi. just sayen...

DJ CHACH
11-19-2008, 04:55 PM
so how do u explain that reverse call? and lebron doesnt flop, one thing i repsect about him..his work ethic and he doesnt flop is what i respect, he goes up in the lane, totally focused on finishing, his jumpshot needs to improve, his midrange and every other aspect of shoooting including his form..just look at any pic of paul pierce, he is always like yelling and face is contorted and body in all angles just to get the foul call, he one jumpshot and 8 freethrows inthe end of the fourth...and we werent intentionally fouling, he just gets the caul becuz he's a f.a.g. admit it, there is no reason he gets the calls he does if he's that big, the same reason if a sg went over the top of howard to get a rebound, i wouldnt criticize teh sg, i would tell dwight its his fault, its paul pierces agenda to get to the frethrow line..trash talking should be allowed for both sides not just one, and since these guys are professionals, if the ref just lets them talk, the game would be soo much more interesteing..i dont respect someone who talks and then hides behind the referees, njot only the celtics, the spurs, pistons,..im a natural born hater of boston,, but wut i will comliment is that u stole tom thibedaeu from us which was better than getting the big 3 in my mind..other than that, the celtics are garbage, with a big name behind them

TickTickBoom
11-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Richardson stirs the pot

"I think a few of those guys know they can’t just say anything to us," said Richardson. "I’m just real curious to see what those guys will be saying if we weren’t in a basketball league, and didn’t have referees. I mean it wouldn’t be the same story. I mean they are the World Champions and rah-rah-rah, but the tough part I don’t factor. I come from a neighborhood where you can say what you want to say, but 'til you do something, it don’t mean nothing. Some of those guys are happy to get a ring, but you ain’t been in the league long enough to talk to people like that. I don’t have a lot of respect for that. Like I said, I’d be curious to hear what they have to say in a different setting, I’d be very curious to see that.”

What's he trying to imply that he shot someone or killed someone? Please these NBA wanna-be gangsters are the ones that seriously need to shut their mouths. If your in the NBA that means you had to practice all day long every day to get that good. I find it hard to believe that these guys were going to school 8 hours a day. practicing another 6 hours a day and, they still have time to go out and gang bang. Please shut up!

BTownTeamsRKing
11-19-2008, 05:06 PM
so how do u explain that reverse call? and lebron doesnt flop, one thing i repsect about him..his work ethic and he doesnt flop is what i respect, he goes up in the lane, totally focused on finishing, his jumpshot needs to improve, his midrange and every other aspect of shoooting including his form..just look at any pic of paul pierce, he is always like yelling and face is contorted and body in all angles just to get the foul call, he one jumpshot and 8 freethrows inthe end of the fourth...and we werent intentionally fouling, he just gets the caul becuz he's a f.a.g. admit it, there is no reason he gets the calls he does if he's that big, the same reason if a sg went over the top of howard to get a rebound, i wouldnt criticize teh sg, i would tell dwight its his fault, its paul pierces agenda to get to the frethrow line..trash talking should be allowed for both sides not just one, and since these guys are professionals, if the ref just lets them talk, the game would be soo much more interesteing..i dont respect someone who talks and then hides behind the referees, njot only the celtics, the spurs, pistons,..im a natural born hater of boston,, but wut i will comliment is that u stole tom thibedaeu from us which was better than getting the big 3 in my mind..other than that, the celtics are garbage, with a big name behind them

enough said.

DJ CHACH
11-19-2008, 05:19 PM
f you had watched the game, you would have known that the officiating was horribly one-sided. Twice calls were reverse at least 5 seconds after the call that took away charges drawn for Toronto. There were two phantom illegal screen calls that obviously resulted in turnovers for Toronto that helped change the tide. I wasn't aware you could grab an offensive player for the entire duration of an offensive possession by the jersey, but Garnett made a habit out of it. yo if u dont wanna explain this to me its fine, i jsut wish i was in on the cut that maybe the refs get... i have yet to hear you respond to facts

Kn1cks20
11-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Big ups dj chach!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
f you had watched the game, you would have known that the officiating was horribly one-sided. Twice calls were reverse at least 5 seconds after the call that took away charges drawn for Toronto. There were two phantom illegal screen calls that obviously resulted in turnovers for Toronto that helped change the tide. I wasn't aware you could grab an offensive player for the entire duration of an offensive possession by the jersey, but Garnett made a habit out of it. yo if u dont wanna explain this to me its fine, i jsut wish i was in on the cut that maybe the refs get... i have yet to hear you respond to facts

NBA refs suck. tell me something i dont know, next your gonna tell me they gamble on games. trust me on this, THERE IS NO REASON FOR THE REFS TO EVER FAVOR THE CELTICS.

they are the betting favorite in every game, i dont think it makes too much sense for them to go with Boston.

in case u didnt notice, people hate the Celtics. they hate the tradition. they hate the 17 championships. they hate how they won so much. unless you are a Celtic or a Celtics fan, u dont like them. same goes with the lakers.

JC_
11-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Last time the Raptors played the Celtics in Boston the refs were so bad that people were saying to themselves "**** the NBA" because so many calls/nocalls were obviously favoring Boston. The terrible refereeing along with people like Garnet taking advantage of the situation by doing whatever he wants on the court are what make people dislike the Celtics.

A lot of people in the east were happy for KG, Pierce and Allen last year when they won but after the stuff that's been going down this season in favor of Boston, a lot of those same people are not happy. You'll see an example of this when the Celtics come to Toronto on the 23rd.

DJ CHACH
11-19-2008, 08:19 PM
NBA refs suck. tell me something i dont know, next your gonna tell me they gamble on games. trust me on this, THERE IS NO REASON FOR THE REFS TO EVER FAVOR THE CELTICS.

they are the betting favorite in every game, i dont think it makes too much sense for them to go with Boston.

in case u didnt notice, people hate the Celtics. they hate the tradition. they hate the 17 championships. they hate how they won so much. unless you are a Celtic or a Celtics fan, u dont like them. same goes with the lakers.

at least ur honest..see where im coming from...btw fyi there is no way in hell the knicks ever get home court advantage, becuase the refereeing headquarters are based in NY and they attend every game of the knicks to make sure the reffing isnt biased...ppl used to say the knicks get everything, actualy the opposite, they get nothing so that the refs can show the headmasters at teh game that they dont favor anyone...knicks get no calls at home or on the road, thats what makes it tough for us to play anywhere and get away with anything..we go on the road, no home court advantage, i get that...but even at home, the refs are trying to prove there is no home court advantage, otherwise they wouldve given richardson that offensive foul against the mavericks...and they wouldnt have called that stupid three point play by howard for falling back pretending like he got hit, but still made the shot..see how hard it is, to be a knicks fan? im telling you, i know the game more than any other person becuz i watch every knick game and see how things that pop up get ignored

tusc31
11-19-2008, 08:27 PM
stop crying and talking about the NBA doesnt need the tough guys in the league.. if you dont want that go play golf...there s a reason the NBA is in trouble now n is boring, in the 80's and 90's people loved the Bad Boys fighting every night, and the Knicks when Oakley and Mason would punch you in the mouth for even thinking about driving the lane... the league is filled wth pretty boy **** now... you cant breathe on anybody without a foul being called ! !

CHANGE THE NAME TO --
National B**ch Association

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183/nateballa8/lebronjamescrying.jpg

DJ CHACH
11-19-2008, 08:36 PM
look what it used to be like at the 57 second mark..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjU3nvru9wA&feature=related

then look at last nights game and the game against the raptors

madiaz3
11-19-2008, 08:39 PM

they arent favoring the celts to ****ing go with betting odds. no one is saying that. we've heard about preferential treatment for superstars but for a whole team? especially one who are the biggest loudmouths? we're mad that boston gets bailed out of games because of it, and moreso than ever. you're acting like them being the betting favorite is actually important because obviously EVERY SINGLE REF BETS SO YEAH THEY WOULDNT EVER FAV. THE CELTS. Dumb argument.

DJ CHACH
11-19-2008, 08:44 PM
stop crying and talking about the NBA doesnt need the tough guys in the league.. if you dont want that go play golf...there s a reason the NBA is in trouble now n is boring, in the 80's and 90's people loved the Bad Boys fighting every night, and the Knicks when Oakley and Mason would punch you in the mouth for even thinking about driving the lane... the league is filled wth pretty boy **** now... you cant breathe on anybody without a foul being called ! !

CHANGE THE NAME TO --
National B**ch Association

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183/nateballa8/lebronjamescrying.jpg

welcome dawg, someone who finally understands me..tell em, these whimps love the nba now...since wen did devin harris, tony parkers, ginobili's since when are they allowed to penetrate wihtout getting knocked the f.c.k out....instead u end up with celtic ******** favoritsm..and a parade to the freethrow line...all that lifitng weights and **** gets u in trouble these days, u cant be too physical which is y the scrawny tony parkers and ginobili's, devin harris, make it a point to flop to get to the line..if they wanna make it FFFTBA for the FloppingForFreeThrowsBasketballAssociation then they shouldnt disgrace the term nba and wut it used to mean..the last 4 teams to win championships did it all with flopping
miami--dwade
spurs-parker, ginobili, duncan, bowen(on offense and defense)
pistons-billups, rip,
celtics-pierce, rondo, allen(malik and ray),house

in a way, im glad the nba isnt on nbc anymore, otherwise they would ruinthe heritage which resembles the nba wen it really mattered..I miss seeing my knicks play the pacers(fight) bulls(fights) heat(fights) celtics(fight) and pretty much every team had a bad boy personality...if jordan came back, he's average 60, with all the **** he went thru, this is a piece of cake

balla4life22
11-19-2008, 08:58 PM
qrich and the knicks suck.

madiaz3
11-19-2008, 09:03 PM
qrich and the knicks suck.

wow man how long did it take for u to think of this
i mean this idea is really unique, must have taken alot of thought, and u kno what, it really added to this thread.

Leftcoast_yg
11-20-2008, 04:41 AM
:D

Dont worry the Lakers will be there and now with baby bynum up in the mix, and ariza too idk what the celts are gonna do about our giants but i know what the lakes are gonna do to their bench man cant wait i hope the celts will even make it

Faneik
11-20-2008, 05:46 AM
at least ur honest..see where im coming from...btw fyi there is no way in hell the knicks ever get home court advantage, becuase the refereeing headquarters are based in NY and they attend every game of the knicks to make sure the reffing isnt biased...ppl used to say the knicks get everything, actualy the opposite, they get nothing so that the refs can show the headmasters at teh game that they dont favor anyone...knicks get no calls at home or on the road, thats what makes it tough for us to play anywhere and get away with anything..we go on the road, no home court advantage, i get that...but even at home, the refs are trying to prove there is no home court advantage, otherwise they wouldve given richardson that offensive foul against the mavericks...and they wouldnt have called that stupid three point play by howard for falling back pretending like he got hit, but still made the shot..see how hard it is, to be a knicks fan? im telling you, i know the game more than any other person becuz i watch every knick game and see how things that pop up get ignored

Wow...

What are you doing in PSD?

You should be a TV analyst.

Faneik
11-20-2008, 05:56 AM
welcome dawg, someone who finally understands me..tell em, these whimps love the nba now...since wen did devin harris, tony parkers, ginobili's since when are they allowed to penetrate wihtout getting knocked the f.c.k out....instead u end up with celtic ******** favoritsm..and a parade to the freethrow line...all that lifitng weights and **** gets u in trouble these days, u cant be too physical which is y the scrawny tony parkers and ginobili's, devin harris, make it a point to flop to get to the line..if they wanna make it FFFTBA for the FloppingForFreeThrowsBasketballAssociation then they shouldnt disgrace the term nba and wut it used to mean..the last 4 teams to win championships did it all with flopping
miami--dwade
spurs-parker, ginobili, duncan, bowen(on offense and defense)
pistons-billups, rip,
celtics-pierce, rondo, allen(malik and ray),house

in a way, im glad the nba isnt on nbc anymore, otherwise they would ruinthe heritage which resembles the nba wen it really mattered..I miss seeing my knicks play the pacers(fight) bulls(fights) heat(fights) celtics(fight) and pretty much every team had a bad boy personality...if jordan came back, he's average 60, with all the **** he went thru, this is a piece of cake

BTW, Malik Allen never played for the Celtics.

If all you want to see is fights, maybe you should start watching UFC instead of the NBA.

Rome
11-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Read this **** earlier today. Who wouldnt want to see these guys ball pickup somewhere and not give a ****? i would.

CELTICS4LYFE
11-20-2008, 10:04 AM
If they were on the same team do you think they would ever win a championship in thier career?

hell ya!!!!!

phila_gorilla
11-20-2008, 10:15 AM
This is a "You can take Q-Rich out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of Q-Rich" scenario. It's a double edged sword in the sense that these are the guys you love to root for if they are doing well, but hate when they open their mouths with some bullsh*t comment like this.

phila_gorilla
11-20-2008, 10:23 AM

Sounds like a bias Knicks fan to me. There is no place for Q-Rich's comments in basketball. Basically what you are saying is if you talk trash on the court you should back it up off the court. And then you are also saying that there should be NO SEPARATION between what happens on and off the court. OK. So when a player gets fired up on the court because of a play that happened he should then carry that off the court and fight? Get real with yourself bro. You aren't a basketball fan if you honestly believe what you are typing in this forum.

phila_gorilla
11-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Let's get something else straight, watching every KNICKS game on MSG doesn't mean you know more about basketball then anybody. I watch every game on Comcast as I'm sure most basketball fans do on their respective networks. YOU ARE JUST BEING BIAS. New York sports suck anyway.

Robbie7138
11-20-2008, 03:38 PM
wow d wade most of flopped every play for dallas to lose =p

truth is every team that won the championship deserved to win it

sure i dislike the celtics but they deserved to win it

true ginobili and parker are know floppers but, flopping alone does not win championships
they simply out played the other team.

*back to the subject*
i do think celtics players are getting pretty cocky but, what do you expect
allen,pierce,and garnett havent exactly been on winning teams during their career. I expect them to mellow out as the season progresses.

Its actually a good thing that players arent fighting anymore,its not smart for them and us. We loose the chance to watch them in action and they loose money due to suspentions.

Call them punks for not fighting, but that punk made a couple grand for choosing not to participate in a 10 second fight

Lakers4ItAll
11-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Agreed

I dont see anything wrong with what he said either...Q-Rich is right...

BRADY4MVP
11-20-2008, 04:13 PM

JOE JOHNSON...BILLUPS...celtics guys

Hawkeye15
11-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Not sure which young player talked smack to him, but what the hell has Q done to institute respect? Please. Now, does Pierce need to shut up? Yes. But all those kids, who he is referring to have not being in the league long enough, already went thru the playoff grind and won it. I never liked him, from the days of Miles, Q, and Odom on the Clips, doing that stupid hand gesture when they made a play. Doug Christie was another, always pointing to the ceiling when he did anything, because his wife holds his nuts in her purse

Hawkeye15
11-20-2008, 06:56 PM

watching every Knick game doesn't mean you know anything except that the Knicks have a long ways to go to compete. Refs don't decide outcomes brother. Players do.

kvrnm
11-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Agreed

sour grapes

madiaz3
11-20-2008, 07:00 PM
sour grapes

No.

kvrnm
11-20-2008, 07:01 PM
No.

yes!

jaysfan4ever
11-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Sounds like a bias Knicks fan to me. There is no place for Q-Rich's comments in basketball. Basically what you are saying is if you talk trash on the court you should back it up off the court. And then you are also saying that there should be NO SEPARATION between what happens on and off the court. OK. So when a player gets fired up on the court because of a play that happened he should then carry that off the court and fight? Get real with yourself bro. You aren't a basketball fan if you honestly believe what you are typing in this forum.

I don't think he was talking about off the court stuff, I think he was talking about the inflated egos and lack of respect that some of the Celtics were showing because they won the championship. Basically, he's just saying shut up and let your play speak for you. What's wrong with that?