PDA

View Full Version : Spezza or Kovalchuk?

nyteamsports09
11-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Ok I am not saying we should get any of these guys or that we even can..I just wanna know who you would rather have?

The reason I bring it up is because there are whispers that they both might be traded this season I know thet are JUST RUMORS but you never know.

If they are traded where do you think they will go and who would the other side give up?

NYMNYRNYJNYK
11-18-2008, 11:15 PM
well, i'm not giving up too much for either. guys like dawes, callahan, dubinsky, staal, etc. are set to lead us in the future, and i'm not trading any of them. however, i would like spezza. he'd be great for this team. i'd only get kovalchuk if we're really focused on the cup.

onlythisfar41
11-19-2008, 12:49 AM
spezza, dynamic passer/scorer and a team player. Kovalchuk is an unbelievable talent, but is focused on me first stats.

shtimp7
11-19-2008, 01:25 AM
we could use an outstanding me-first player because all our guys are team players. even zherdev isnt much a hog anymore. u do see lapses of hogging but thats jus to gain the zone and his confidence is high. we need a guy with amazing stick skills who could get through 2 defenders and pull everyone towards him to set up others.
that would be kovalchuk but i dunno if he'd live up to it...

SLY WILLIAMS
11-19-2008, 11:41 AM
I like that Kovy throws the body a lot so Ill take his speed, shooting and hitting. He plays with a chip on his shoulder

kenk17
11-19-2008, 01:41 PM
rangers need a me first player as far as stats.. a guy who can light the lamp.. this team built as is just doesn't produce many goals.. he would give that flexibilty without suffering to badly on the defensive side..

he would be an immediate upgrade for the offense.. spezza is great but he is more of an assist guy.. and don't we have plenty of those types of players??

rocowear21
11-19-2008, 07:14 PM
who ever is younger, lol

letsgorangers27
11-19-2008, 07:18 PM
kovy imo we have good depth down the middle already we now just need that topline winger who will constantly light the lamp

theRANGEREAGLES
11-19-2008, 09:24 PM
kovalchuk we need a rental to help us win the cup

nik.jd.aitken
11-20-2008, 12:52 AM
Not a Rangers fan, but Spezza is a one dimensional player.

If the Rangers got him you start remembering the days of Jagr and his "exceptional" defence.

Of course Spezza isn't even that good of an offensive player to begin with.

messleetch94
11-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Not a Rangers fan, but Spezza is a one dimensional player.

If the Rangers got him you start remembering the days of Jagr and his "exceptional" defence.

Of course Spezza isn't even that good of an offensive player to begin with.

It's taking time for Spezza to adjust to a new system in Ottawa. you're crazy if you think he isn't good offensively. do you even watch hockey ?

Desert Plains
11-22-2008, 04:49 PM
well, i'm not giving up too much for either. guys like dawes, callahan, dubinsky, staal, etc. are set to lead us in the future, and i'm not trading any of them. however, i would like spezza. he'd be great for this team. i'd only get kovalchuk if we're really focused on the cup.

I agree, that trading Staal and Dubinsky doesn't make sense at this point. But, for the right player, why not trade Callahan? Has he shown anything that indicates he'll be a 40 goal player or 70 point player? I'd trade him for either of these guys.

As for Dawes, very disappointing season. I think he can be packaged for any player, at this point. He's shown very little and really doesn't deserve to be in the line-up everyday.

But, I think that's really a sign of how weak we are at forward in Hartford, that no ones been brought up yet and given an opportunity.

liltedspop
11-22-2008, 06:36 PM
its not even a question you would get Spezza over any available player that goes for Gaborik or Kovalchuk. heres a faid deal Callahan, Staal, Prucha, Rozi 4 Spezza that deal gets the trade done aswell as adds up money wise. I AM GOING TO CALL SLATS & LETS GET THIS DEAL DONE, THE TEAM CHARTER LEAVES OTTAWA IN 3 HOURS WE WANT SPEZZA ON THAT PLANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rocowear21
11-22-2008, 10:55 PM
i really dont know if we should ever trade staal, i mean i see him and girardi being out future, almost like a leetch in the making

jetsfan89
11-22-2008, 11:27 PM
guys if we trade staal we're pretty much weakening our already weak defensive core. plus the guy is 21.

Desert Plains
11-23-2008, 09:12 AM
guys if we trade staal we're pretty much weakening our already weak defensive core. plus the guy is 21.

Seems obvious to me. Not sure why anyone would think trading Staal makes any sense.

messleetch94
11-23-2008, 11:06 AM
I don't know why people are suggesting putting a package together including Rosival and Stall, that's two dmen. Who is a lower tier defenseman that they could package with Gaborik? I'm not crazy about calling up two guys from Hartford. I sure do miss Tyutin.

jetsfan89
11-23-2008, 11:15 AM
id rather have zherdev then tyutin. but your right we could use him right now.

my solution for all of this is to call up sanguinetti and anisimov. dont know if they're ready yet, but renney is good when handling young players.

Desert Plains
11-23-2008, 01:26 PM
I'll take Zherdev over Tyutin. Tyutin was a nice player and for a time seemed to be improving. But the 2nd half of last year, he leveled off and it seemed he even started to decline. He really wasn't much more then a 3rd pairing defensive toward the end of the season.

I really don't think help is coming from Hartford. Even if Sanguinetti could compete on the offensive side, he's too much of a liability in the defensive zone. And Anisimov or any of the other forwards just aren't going to score enough. We need a consistent goal score, especially to play with Gomez, when he returns. We just don't have any from what I see (at least ready now). Maybe in a year or 2 Anisimov or one of the others at Hartford will be capable of scoring 30 goals at the NHL level.

messleetch94
11-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Not that I don't want Zherdev, it's just that I wish we could have got him without givinbg up Tyutin.

Desert Plains
11-23-2008, 10:01 PM
But, we were able to dump Backman and his big salary in that trade. So, it was worth while, even if you think Tyutin was a good player.

messleetch94
11-24-2008, 02:29 PM
But, we were able to dump Backman and his big salary in that trade. So, it was worth while, even if you think Tyutin was a good player.

Agreed. Backman was horrible. I'm glad Columbus took him. And I'm glad we got Zherdev. But I haven't seen him play with Gomer yet, who by far is the Rangers best playmaker. But he needs to get healthy soon.

Desert Plains
11-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Gomez is supposed to play tonight, though I haven't heard who his linemates will be.

Zherdev should be given a long look as his rightwing. But, we still need more scoring from other forwards and it just doesn't look like we have the offensive talent on this team that Renney and Sather thought when this team was put together.

mlisica19
11-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Spezza, he can play any position. works well with almost anybody in the league. Kovulchuck is a one man show and getting him will just be liek having jagr back. IF u shut down kovulchuck, ull shotd own the team. Spezza at least will make everyone better.

And spezza is easier to trade for

liltedspop
11-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Guys I am still saying that if you could get Spezza in a deal & it cost you a package that included Staal you have to do it. players like Spezza are rarely available while players like Staal are a dime a dozen, ok if not a dime than deff. a quarter a dozen. SPEZZA & JASON SMITH for STAAL, ROZI & PRUCHA & toss in DAWES not only is that a fair deal it adds up cap wise & it makes us like 1000 times better than presently constituted moves Gomez to 2nd line pivot spezza w. zherdev & drury 1st line gomez w. naslund & callahan 2nd line dubi w. voros & fritche 3rd line betts w. orr & sjostrom d pairs would be mara & girardi, redden & kalinin & smith & potter or sauer thats a better team than we have now!!!!!!!

NYhighrollaz
11-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Guys I am still saying that if you could get Spezza in a deal & it cost you a package that included Staal you have to do it. players like Spezza are rarely available while players like Staal are a dime a dozen, ok if not a dime than deff. a quarter a dozen. SPEZZA & JASON SMITH for STAAL, ROZI & PRUCHA & toss in DAWES not only is that a fair deal it adds up cap wise & it makes us like 1000 times better than presently constituted moves Gomez to 2nd line pivot spezza w. zherdev & drury 1st line gomez w. naslund & callahan 2nd line dubi w. voros & fritche 3rd line betts w. orr & sjostrom d pairs would be mara & girardi, redden & kalinin & smith & potter or sauer thats a better team than we have now!!!!!!!

And once again, you want to create more scoring lines so we win 7-6 instead of 201? That's your idea?

If you trade any of our top two defenseman, you better pray and i mean pray to the heaven's that we get a top 3 defenseman in the league back. And Spezza is not even the best player on his team, Heatley and Alfredsson, when healthy are better.

Spezza in big games hasn't complied rediculous stats, look at the stanely cup and view his stats. Not so much of a "dime a dozen" player, now is he?