PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Florida Marlins

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 05:59 PM
What do you think of the Marlins next yera? Peter Gammons has said they are his pick for the NL East next year but I want to here what you guys think? Btw, this is not a firesale and I dont want to here any stupid outdated jokes of that kind.

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:03 PM
how about in the Marlins Forum?

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:04 PM
because i want to know what outside fans think.

braves95
11-18-2008, 06:06 PM
From a braves fan i think they have a real good chance to compete in the east not win it The phillies will win the east again but they have a good chance at making a run at the wildcard

redwhitenblue
11-18-2008, 06:06 PM
They will suck.

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:07 PM
They will suck.

i hope youre kidding. if not that is sad.

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:08 PM
o and for some more expert analysis peter gammons also said they have the best young pitching in the nl east.

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:10 PM
They will suck.

I will which I rarely do agree with RWB. :cool:

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:11 PM
I will which I rarely do agree with RWB. :cool:

great analysis and insight as to y you think that

Soto>Norris
11-18-2008, 06:11 PM
I think that they are gonna have a solid 83-85 win season, and although they wont win the division, they will definitely contend for the wildcard.

braves95
11-18-2008, 06:12 PM
They will suck.

Wow Man you wanna talk about sucking look at the Braves :pity: 2010 here we come :dance:

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:13 PM
great analysis and insight as to y you think that

40 million dollar top payroll. yes the rays did it but the talent is not as good on the marlins to compete with such a low payroll.

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:13 PM
I think that they are gonna have a solid 83-85 win season, and although they wont win the division, they will definitely contend for the wildcard.

thank you for actually being serious. i agree but i think if the pitching is as good as it was this year when all of our regular starters came back from injury i think we can go a lot further. also if cam maybin was as good as he showed in late september that we can go far.

viktor06
11-18-2008, 06:14 PM
They wont win over 85 games. They have a lot of talent, but you need more mature, finished player to seriously contend. Besides, they are underestimating guys like Olsen and Willingham, how often did we hear that Olsen is their ace from Marlins 'fans' this year? They will be missed

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:15 PM
40 million dollar top payroll. yes the rays did it but the talent is not as good on the marlins to compete with such a low payroll.

ahahahahahahahahahahahah. wow, worst post ever. ahahahahahah. that must be a joke. we won 84 games this year with the same team but now well have cam maybin the whole year and josh johnson ricky nolasco volstad anibal sanchez and andrew miller for the whole season. some people really show their ignorance when they get into the payroll talk.

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:16 PM
thank you for actually being serious. i agree but i think if the pitching is as good as it was this year when all of our regular starters came back from injury i think we can go a lot further. also if cam maybin was as good as he showed in late september that we can go far.

So i am not being serious because I do not think that they can contend with Philly or the Mets?

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:17 PM
They wont win over 85 games. They have a lot of talent, but you need more mature, finished player to seriously contend. Besides, they are underestimating guys like Olsen and Willingham, how often did we hear that Olsen is their ace from Marlins 'fans' this year? They will be missed

never after their real pitchers got back. youre underestimating guys like cody ross, andrew miller, jsh johnson, ricky nolasco and chris volstad.

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:18 PM
So i am not being serious because I do not think that they can contend with Philly or the Mets?

no because you dont know anything about the marlins and you think payroll wins games.

viktor06
11-18-2008, 06:18 PM
never after their real pitchers got back. youre underestimating guys like cody ross, andrew miller, jsh johnson, ricky nolasco and chris volstad.

Lol, its cool you know who my evaluation of those guys is from that post.

Is this 'letsgofish' all over again?

GHGHCP
11-18-2008, 06:19 PM
I see them fighting it out with the Nats for 4th place next year. Extremely lucky last year considering their pythagorean had them as a 81-80 team. With no real big signings and career years from some of their journeymen last year I just don't see them competing.

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:20 PM
no because you dont know anything about the marlins and you think payroll wins games.

Never said payroll in general. 40 million with major league "mature" talent can compete hence the rays. the talent of your young guys are not the talent of the rays yet. thats all.

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:21 PM
I see them fighting it out with the Nats for 4th place next year. Extremely lucky last year considering their pythagorean had them as a 81-80 team. With no real big signings and career years from some of their journeymen last year I just don't see them competing.

what dont you big market team fans not get about not needing big signings? we work from within our own system and we have guys like coghlan and maybin and volstd playing full time.

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Never said payroll in general. 40 million with major league "mature" talent can compete hence the rays. the talent of your young guys are not the talent of the rays yet. thats all.

yet we had 84 wins last year with these same "immature" players

Bubba17
11-18-2008, 06:22 PM
I like how you ask for peoples opinions but when they arent what you want them to be, you get all mad and say their stupid and know nothing. Whats the sense of making this then? :pity:

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:22 PM

I do not need to be a marlins fan or follow the marlins very close to know that they are in a tough division and will not be contenders. if they were in the NL west I would say maybe. it is AA ball out there :smoking:

grizz8884
11-18-2008, 06:23 PM
I like how you ask for peoples opinions but when they arent what you want them to be, you get all mad and say their stupid and know nothing. Whats the sense of making this then? :pity:

:clap:

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I do not need to be a marlins fan or follow the marlins very close to know that they are in a tough division and will not be contenders. if they were in the NL west I would say maybe. it is AA ball out there :smoking:

yet peter gammons thinks they will win the division and that they have the best pitching in the division and that they were in the hunt for the division/wild card until the last week of the year

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:24 PM
yet we had 84 wins last year with these same "immature" players

thats great! im happy for you! you lost your so called ace....and rumor has it uggla may be dealt.

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:25 PM
yet peter gammons thinks they will win the division and that they have the best pitching in the division and that they were in the hunt for the division/wild card until the last week of the year

and peter gammons knows everything

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:25 PM
thats great! im happy for you! you lost your so called ace....and rumor has it uggla may be dealt.

rumor has it you dont know what you are talking about. scott olsen was our 6th starter and uggla isnt gong anywhere.

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:26 PM
and peter gammons knows everything

nope, just much more than someone hwo looks at payroll and big names like you.

AmazinMets
11-18-2008, 06:28 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:28 PM
please tell me your rotation 1-5 last year in the order you think is best

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:29 PM
ricky nolasco
josh johnson
chris volstad
anibal sanchez
andrew miller

robrobert13
11-18-2008, 06:30 PM
they will suck.....they finished 3rd in the division last year and all theyve done this offseason so far was trade kevin gregg josh willingham and mike jacobs.....3 of their best players

bronxbombers427
11-18-2008, 06:31 PM
80-95 wins is my best guess

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:32 PM
they will suck.....they finished 3rd in the division last year and all theyve done this offseason so far was trade kevin gregg josh willingham and mike jacobs.....3 of their best players

josh willingham played 51 pretty bad games last year

mike jacobs can do nothing but hit homers

keving gregg lost his closers role and as soon as that happened we went on a run. plus we got great bullpen guys like nunez and ceda along with the guys weve already had so stupid point.

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:33 PM
ricky nolasco
josh johnson
chris volstad
anibal sanchez
andrew miller

wow, after ricky nolasco you got some deep pitching. (sarcasm)

robrobert13

keving gregg lost his closers role and as soon as that happened we went on a run. plus we got great bullpen guys like nunez and ceda along with the guys weve already had so stupid point.

good points there but it will still be hard to replace jacobs because he drove in a lot of runs

Testaverde16
they'll be compeitive, but haven't they already started a kind of fire sale.

Willingham, Jacobs, Gregg, etc.....

I don't know that they're trying to win next year.

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:34 PM
good points there but it will still be hard to replace jacobs because he drove in a lot of runs

i can see what you are sAYING FROM AN outside point of view but we have gaby sanchez who should be a good glove and bat and logan morrison coming up i naugust who is an absolute monster.

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:36 PM
nope, just much more than someone hwo looks at payroll and big names like you.

OMG!!! I wasnt just looking at the payroll I was using that in the equation.

heat4life09
they'll be compeitive, but haven't they already started a kind of fire sale.

Willingham, Jacobs, Gregg, etc.....

I don't know that they're trying to win next year.

willignham was 30 years old with a bad back due for arbitration that he wasnt worth, olsen would have been a long reliever next year anyway. and jacobs is just plain terrible

robrobert13
i can see what you are sAYING FROM AN outside point of view but we have gaby sanchez who should be a good glove and bat and logan morrison coming up i naugust who is an absolute monster.

im not familiar with the marlins farm organization but ya never know....

fightins89
11-18-2008, 06:37 PM

How can you count Ceda when he hasn't even played a game for you yet? He's a good prospect, but has proven nothing at the major league level.

This Peter Gammons ******** again? This is definitely letsgofish.

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:38 PM
How can you count Ceda when he hasn't even played a game for you yet? He's a good prospect, but has proven nothing at the major league level.

This Peter Gammons ******** again? This is definitely letsgofish.

you do realize the dan lebetard show is a popular show in south florida right?

ceda should be a pretty good set up man in a couple years but as of now we just got a pretty good middle reliever

goldblue21
11-18-2008, 06:39 PM
i think they are going to be poop they need to rebuild again cuz there getting rid of there players again .

phillies out do the mets yet again for one more year.

heat4life09
o and about the pitching. you do realize that when all of our guys came back and were healthy, which was in the 2nd half, we had the 9th best era in the league.

DewsSox79
wow. i think you just proved you know nothing outside of the city of chicago

your right

josh johnson 7-1 3.61
Volstad 6-4 2.88
sanchez 2-5 5.57
miller 6-10 5.87

johnson and volstad I need to see more of than just 87 and 84 ip and after that the rotation sucks! it isnt rocket science

GHGHCP
11-18-2008, 06:40 PM
what dont you big market team fans not get about not needing big signings? we work from within our own system and we have guys like coghlan and maybin and volstd playing full time.

Was this English?

Anyway letsgofish, I mean heat4life09... your team was very lucky last year. You're in a division with two big market teams both with pressure (one to keep up that WS drive and the other to make up for choking two years in a row).

So unless your team somehow gets great production from its youngsters I see them in the NL East cellar.

PS. Gammons is a tool.

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:41 PM
i think they are going to be poop they need to rebuild again cuz there getting rid of there players again .

phillies out do the mets yet again for one more year.

i wont even dignify this with a baseball related response

kswissdaf
11-18-2008, 06:42 PM
so many haters

DewsSox79
your right

josh johnson 7-1 3.61
Volstad 6-4 2.88
sanchez 2-5 5.57
miller 6-10 5.87

johnson and volstad I need to see more of than just 87 and 84 ip and after that the rotation sucks! it isnt rocket science

Im waiting for your counter to this.

marlinsfan24
Alright, as stupid as I think this thread is, I think some of you are being ignorant in the fact of calling players that have been in the league for 4 Years now "immature." They've shown they can win at the MLB level when healthy, and have a much more solid team then the Braves and Nats. Btw, Scott Olsen was the projected 4-5th starter, Gregg was an overpaid reliever who couldn't close, and Jacobs could only hit or strikeout, no plate discipline or defense whatsoever. And the Marlins FO has reiterated many times, Uggla will be back, so get off of that.

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Alright, as stupid as I think this thread is, I think some of you are being ignorant in the fact of calling players that have been in the league for 4 Years now "immature." They've shown they can win at the MLB level when healthy, and have a much more solid team then the Braves and Nats. Btw, Scott Olsen was the projected 4-5th starter, Gregg was an overpaid reliever who couldn't close, and Jacobs could only hit or strikeout, no plate discipline or defense whatsoever. And the Marlins FO has reiterated many times, Uggla will be back, so get off of that.

ok than i guess the fish will contend than.

Freel for prez
11-18-2008, 06:44 PM
The Marlins are becoming one of my favorite teams to watch especially considering how much $$$ they spend...They have hands down the best franchise player in Han-Ram. Trading Jacobs is going to hurt a lot but they should be fine. Hermida, Cantu, Ramirez, and Uggla is still a nasty middle of the lineup.

DewsSox79
wait! did you want to see your rotation after nolasco again???? here:

josh johnson 7-1 3.61
Volstad 6-4 2.88
sanchez 2-5 5.57
miller 6-10 5.87

heat4life09
your right

josh johnson 7-1 3.61
Volstad 6-4 2.88
sanchez 2-5 5.57
miller 6-10 5.87

how about 2006 when johnson was leading era going into september? volstad did this as a rookie coming up and is one of the top prospects in the game so you can expect to keep that coming. sanchez should be alright but he was still trying to work his shoulder back when he came back this year but he should be a decent #4 next year and miller has some great stuff and has all offseason to work on control so you can expect great things from him/

marlinsfan24
11-18-2008, 06:45 PM
ok than i guess the fish will contend than.

Thanks for the sarcasm. I was just responding to prior posts, the Fish will not contend just cuz some ****ing morons on here say they will, its up to them to do it on the field.

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:45 PM
how about 2006 when johnson was leading era going into september? volstad did this as a rookie coming up and is one of the top prospects in the game so you can expect to keep that coming. sanchez should be alright but he was still trying to work his shoulder back when he came back this year but he should be a decent #4 next year and miller has some great stuff and has all offseason to work on control so you can expect great things from him/

im done arguing. .500 team IMO

marlinsfan24
11-18-2008, 06:46 PM

Dude, if you wanna talk Marlins, go into our forum and do this. This is the MLB forum and no one outside of us Marlins fans care about the Marlins (pretty obvious here)

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:47 PM
also, after we hit the opposing team all over the place and pitch well you wont touch our bullpen with lindstrom, nelson nunez, tankersly coming back, maybe rhodes, kensing and another possible futre closer in ryan tucker

northsider
o and about the pitching. you do realize that when all of our guys came back and were healthy, which was in the 2nd half, we had the 9th best era in the league.

:eyebrow:

fightins89
you do realize the dan lebetard show is a popular show in south florida right?

ceda should be a pretty good set up man in a couple years but as of now we just got a pretty good middle reliever

You do realize that your lack of capitalization and punctuation and your avid belief that because Peter Gammons believes something makes it true gives you away, right?

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:48 PM

exActly, and ok ill go into our forum b/c its obvious people dont know anything about the marlins

TheShock45
11-18-2008, 06:48 PM

that was last offseason not during the season
Ricky Nolasco came out and showed he can be solid and give you the same thing each outing olsen was too back and forth and it lookd like his potential was wearing out

its why when the trade was made they said the marlins likely 6th starter was dealt to the nationals

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:51 PM
You do realize that your lack of capitalization and punctuation and your avid belief that because Peter Gammons believes something makes it true gives you away, right?

i would really like to know where i said peter gammons is always right. i said that an expert and one of the most respected men in baseball thinks we have the best pitchig in the east and that we have the best chance of winning the division IHO.

heat4life09
11-18-2008, 06:53 PM
btw, olney said the same thing.

DewsSox79
11-18-2008, 06:55 PM
i would really like to know where i said peter gammons is always right. i said that an expert and one of the most respected men in baseball thinks we have the best pitchig in the east and that we have the best chance of winning the division IHO.

Heat4life I appreciate your love for your team. Im not trying to disrespect you it is all IMO. I do have love for the marlins after they won in 03 and beat the cubs (sox fan) so relax and see what happens. I dont think they will be Seattle Mariner bad. .500 team IMO.

and if they make it to the playoffs you can call me out on it, because I do like the sleeper under the radar teams.

marlinsfan24
11-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Close thread please. Before this gets even stupider.

viktor06
11-18-2008, 06:59 PM
that was last offseason not during the season
Ricky Nolasco came out and showed he can be solid and give you the same thing each outing olsen was too back and forth and it lookd like his potential was wearing out

its why when the trade was made they said the marlins likely 6th starter was dealt to the nationals

Dude, seriously, Olsen pitched 200innings at 101ERA+. If you think that Anibal Sanchez and Andrew Miller will give you the same performance this year...I wont go there.

northsider
11-18-2008, 07:00 PM
no wonder fans step all over the marlins. why dont you stand up for your team and talk about them.

I am pretty sure he does a great job at that in THE MARLINS FORUMS!

GHGHCP
no wonder fans step all over the marlins. why dont you stand up for your team and talk about them.

You do realize you make your fan base look worse by acting childish, right?

marlinsfan24

Because this is a stupid thing, I defend my team by rooting for them, not being a ignorant kid, who sits on the computer who asks for other people opinion, and then condemns their opinion cuz he cannot take it.

fightins89
11-18-2008, 07:07 PM
btw, olney said the same thing.

Yeah, I know, letsgofish. You've told us this about 100 times in the Phillies forum:

peter gammnos has said that numerous times on baseball tonight along with olney. they said the scouts have told them the marlins have the best rotation in the divison. (From the World Series Discussion thread in the Phils forum, http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7029916#post7029916)

That's not the only give away. Like I said, your refusal to capitalize letters and use proper grammar is a give away as well as your trade mark "ahahahaha" that starts with an "a" rather than an "h":

ahahahahahahahahahahahah. wow, worst post ever. ahahahahahah. that must be a joke. we won 84 games this year with the same team but now well have cam maybin the whole year and josh johnson ricky nolasco volstad anibal sanchez and andrew miller for the whole season. some people really show their ignorance when they get into the payroll talk.

ahahaha, you would rather fae the rays? why on earth would you rather face them. (also from the World Series Discussion Thread in the Phillies forum)

Give up. Anyone can tell who you are without even checking your IP. Do us all a favor and find another message board where you can spew your trash and homer views.

northsider
11-18-2008, 07:08 PM
I bet this would be a gread disscusion in the Marlins thread.

marlinsfan24
11-18-2008, 07:09 PM
I bet this would be a gread disscusion in the Marlins thread.

You mean the 50000000000 threads the other Marlins "fantastic" posters put up daily of the same thing, yeah it would.