PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac, injured again, may have to shut it down?

Lakersfan2483
11-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Reports on Espn have cited that Tracy McGrady has a problem with his knee and will have an MRI on it. There is a chance he may have to shut it down for quite sometime.

I can't say that I am surprised, as he is often injured. Hopefully, he won't have to sit out for an extended time.

mrblisterdundee
11-18-2008, 04:23 PM
He's always going to get injured a lot, and the Rockets aren't going to win a championship. They just don't have the consistency of health.

NYKnickFanatic
11-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Retire T-Mac. :p

leftymo
11-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Odd that he's only a year younger than Kobe...

Houston's big problem was whether or not they could stay healthy and in one game Tmac, Yao, and Artest all got hurt.

Durability is pretty important when building a team.

JordansBulls
11-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Honestly once Battier comes back the Rockets need to let Both T-mac and Yao sit out for at least 2 weeks to get some rest and heal up some.

_Sn1P3r_
11-18-2008, 05:11 PM
He's getting injured too much. A big key to the success of Houston this year is if Yao/T-Mac could stay healthy. I think they should just let him sit out so he's fully healed come playoffs.

S.J.Basketball
11-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Isn't this routine by now?

junion
11-18-2008, 05:14 PM
man, i feel bad for houston now. this year was their year to do damage. but hopefully they dont have to be out for too long, although i dont want them to win (my loyalties are elsewhere), i really was looking forward to see how they play, especially with artest added.

its just eerie that they all got injured in the same game.

goku
11-18-2008, 05:14 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6119234.html

MRI canceled and t-mac practices

sp1derm00
11-18-2008, 05:50 PM
It would be interesting to see if the Rox will be better off without Tmac.

Yao and Ron might be the new "duo".

SensandRaps
11-18-2008, 05:53 PM
what houston should do is not play yao or t-mac till they get to the playoffs cuz they can only stay healthy for 20 some games on average b4 getting injured. i think with artest, battier and alston they could get the 8th seed in the west.

Gibby23
11-18-2008, 05:59 PM
what houston should do is not play yao or t-mac till they get to the playoffs cuz they can only stay healthy for 20 some games on average b4 getting injured. i think with artest, battier and alston they could get the 8th seed in the west.

No they cant.

CrowninMe
11-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Portrait of a rockets fan. :cry:

astrosmaniac
11-18-2008, 06:08 PM
this is nothing to worry about. t-mac always misses time. last year we still one 55 games with him missing 10-20 games and they still won 55 games. also now we have artest. this is season ending. this isnt carrier threatening. this isnt a big deal

NYMetros
11-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Bad news for Houston.

If he's out for an extended period of time, then they might end up being somewhere around the 5th/6th seed by the time he comes back.

Yao is no foregone conclusion to stay healthy either, so if he goes down then the Rockets will really be in hot water.

JJ81
11-18-2008, 07:03 PM
He may play on Wednesday against the Mavs.

Vidball
11-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Even if he doesn't miss time now, She-Mac will still miss plenty of games this season.

mjt20mik
11-18-2008, 07:12 PM
This really is depressing for Rockets fans.

JAZZNC
11-18-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm pretty sure that everybody other than Rockets fans and JordansBulls:p could see something like this coming. Even if he's not seriously hurt this time he tweaked it and unless he sits now it's just going to get worse and take more time. And Yao isn't going to play a full season either so it's just like it's always been for them.

lakers4sho
11-18-2008, 07:26 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6119234.html

MRI canceled and t-mac practices

He shouldn't risk it if I were him.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2008, 07:33 PM
WIth McGrady and Yao, they should adopt the Shaq thing, and rest one of them every back to back, and on 4 games in 6 days road trips for a game each. They are both injury prone, and can simply not take an 82 game schedule at this point. The Rockets have enough to get a 6-7 seed, so as to avoid New Orleans or LAL right off the bat.

Lakers4ItAll
11-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Artest has to be like WTF

astrosmaniac
11-18-2008, 07:45 PM
WIth McGrady and Yao, they should adopt the Shaq thing, and rest one of them every back to back, and on 4 games in 6 days road trips for a game each. They are both injury prone, and can simply not take an 82 game schedule at this point. The Rockets have enough to get a 6-7 seed, so as to avoid New Orleans or LAL right off the bat.

the only team i think the rockets should be scared of is LA. they are just dominant. i had had my doubts about how all 3 7-footers would get along, but chemistry for them has not been an issue. we just beat NO and they were leading by more than 10 for most of the game. in a series of 7, id be scared of a healthy SA team but thats about it. houston shouldnt get lower than 4th seed

Hawkeye15
11-18-2008, 07:49 PM
the only team i think the rockets should be scared of is LA. they are just dominant. i had had my doubts about how all 3 7-footers would get along, but chemistry for them has not been an issue. we just beat NO and they were leading by more than 10 for most of the game. in a series of 7, id be scared of a healthy SA team but thats about it. houston shouldnt get lower than 4th seed

well, we are 11 games in. There are countless injuries and issues facing almost every team in the next 71 games. We will see where everyone is when the dust clears. I would fear NO playing thier A game if I were anyone. They and the Lakers are ahead of the rest of the west imo. Maybe not today with NO, but they will be. My point is, the Rockets have two injury prone stars. They must figure out a way to conserve minutes with them. They will break down otherwise, that is all I mean. You and I both know McGrady will miss 15 games one way or another. And we know Yao will miss time if he isn't given some time off.

barreleffact
11-18-2008, 07:50 PM
the big 3 is in actuality the big 2 and will be the big 1 once yao goes out again. ive said it before and ill say it again, this should be artests team. yes he has a sprained ankle but he's the most likely to play all 82 games. mcgrady started out the season horribly and should consider shutting it down like wade did until he's 100%. we all remember how people suddenly forgot how great wade is. then again mac will never be 100%. he has back issues too. must suck. w/e...less competition for LA

barreleffact
11-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Artest has to be like WTF

not really. his contract's up at season's end. he isnt stupid. he knows they arent durable. watch him bolt to Boston, LA, MIA, SA, or another big contender at seasons end

Ballah0liC1
11-18-2008, 08:01 PM
ur all garbage, u act like he can help himself getting injured none of u would be able to play ball at such a high level

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-18-2008, 08:01 PM
I feel bad for Rockets fans, because I know what it's like to give so much support to a team that gets plagued by injuries.....Nugget players still be worryin me....Kenyon is playin great and so is NENE, but both have been injury prone in the past years, and if we lose any of them, then Nuggets will have a hard time.

But $#*t happens.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I feel bad for Rockets fans, because I know what it's like to give so much support to a team that gets plagued by injuries.....Nugget players still be worryin me....Kenyon is playin great and so is NENE, but both have been injury prone in the past years, and if we lose any of them, then Nuggets will have a hard time.

But $#*t happens.

I can't stand Martin's attitude, but I get your drift. Especially since the Nugs gave them so much money. They literally had to let Camby walk for nothing because of the bonehead deals they gave those 2. Its too bad, Denver could have been good. But many teams are crippled with injured stars.

UnWantedTheory
11-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Forewarned is forearmed...Or should be anyways...They knew this was a likely possibility....Artest isnt great enough to carry a team by himself, so they better pray to stay healthy.

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-18-2008, 08:10 PM
I can't stand Martin's attitude, but I get your drift. Especially since the Nugs gave them so much money. They literally had to let Camby walk for nothing because of the bonehead deals they gave those 2. Its too bad, Denver could have been good. But many teams are crippled with injured stars.

Well it's kinda off subject in accordance with the thread, but I must say....When NENE is healthy, he's better then Camby with the exception of being a routine rebounder and shotblocker...But NENE is rapidly improving on his rebounding. :cool:

As long as Nene remains healthy, then we will be better off from my observation of watching every Nuggets game in-depth, thus far.:)

We actually let Camby walk, so we could sign J.R. Smith to a bigger deal, and i'm all for it.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Well it's kinda off subject in accordance with the thread, but I must say....When NENE is healthy, he's better then Camby with the exception of being a routine rebounder and shotblocker...But NENE is rapidly improving on his rebounding. :cool:

As long as Nene remains healthy, then we will be better off from my observation of watching every Nuggets game in-depth, thus far.:)

We actually let Camby walk, so we could sign J.R. Smith to a bigger deal, and i'm all for it.

They let Camby walk because they already had so much money in Martin and Nene, they couldn't keep him and sign Smith, don't confuse the situation. Those guys are untradeable. I think Nene, when healthy, is a very good player. BUt he has to string some games together to be considered a player. I am not going any further, my Wolves choked yet again the other night against them, I am not putting my foot in my mouth due to frustration

Missing56&33
11-18-2008, 08:22 PM
poor Tmac just another talented player nothing special- cant win a playoff series

astrosmaniac
11-18-2008, 08:29 PM
well, we are 11 games in. There are countless injuries and issues facing almost every team in the next 71 games. We will see where everyone is when the dust clears. I would fear NO playing thier A game if I were anyone. They and the Lakers are ahead of the rest of the west imo. Maybe not today with NO, but they will be. My point is, the Rockets have two injury prone stars. They must figure out a way to conserve minutes with them. They will break down otherwise, that is all I mean. You and I both know McGrady will miss 15 games one way or another. And we know Yao will miss time if he isn't given some time off.

well besides a buzzer beater that shouldnt have counted, and a monumental collapse that i think was due to not having enough chemistry yet, the only loss was a blowout to the lakers. i guess im underrating the hornets. also i expect t-mac to miss 15-20 games, yao too. i just dont want them too be out at the same time or in the playoffs

unwantedplayer
11-18-2008, 08:47 PM
fake as much as pierce's injury

still1ballin
11-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Penny Hardaway anyone?

JordansBulls
11-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Penny Hardaway anyone?

But T-mac doesn't miss the entire season. The lowest amount of games he has played was 47 and that was 2006. Other years he has played at least 66 games a year.