PDA

View Full Version : Boozer's push offs

jimbobjarree
11-18-2008, 02:52 PM
are these annoying you guys as much as they annoy me. It looks like the officials have got wise to him and keep an eagle eye on him when rebounding, and he keeps getting called and getting cheap fouls, surely he should stop doing these?

or does it pay off more that he gets called for a foul?

DrDEADalready
11-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I've noticed that he's getting alot more fouls over rebounding than guarding a guy. but he's always been they type of guy that gets into foul trouble. the reason why i dont know.

JAZZNC
11-18-2008, 04:34 PM
It pisses me off to no end. He's too good of a player to just get cheap fouls like that night after night. It's just simply undisciplined basketball. That's why he's always got to sit at some point in the 3rd or 4th b/c he picks up about 2 of those a game. He also gets a bunch of little stupid touch fouls on the defensive end as well. If he's gonna use those fouls, friggin' foul somebody!!!

sportsnutzz
11-18-2008, 04:50 PM
I know this is shocking to some...... but I am starting to get excited about what would happen if boozer does walk. And we sign Millsap to a long term. I think he might be better and come a lot cheaper. I have always been worried about his scoring abilities but this year I think he has really shown he could be a 20 and 10 guy also.... and he plays D.

джаз
11-18-2008, 10:20 PM
I know this is shocking to some...... but I am starting to get excited about what would happen if boozer does walk. And we sign Millsap to a long term. I think he might be better and come a lot cheaper. I have always been worried about his scoring abilities but this year I think he has really shown he could be a 20 and 10 guy also.... and he plays D.

He is probably about two more years away from that, but yeah, he is looking really good. His shot is smooooth and he is finishing very well under the basket. You have to love his energy and tenacity on D. They Jazz should keep them both though. When they are both on the floor, they cause problems for other teams.

HotRodsHair
11-19-2008, 09:05 AM
There are some plays that big guys get in a habbit of making, like the little shove Boozer gives guys as they are about to go up for a board, or like Karl hacking downward to knock a ball out of a players hands rather than move his feet, that drive you absolutely nutz. I don't know if Boozer will learn to stop extending his arms when carving space before jumping, but he doesn't really have the Barkley butt, or the Shaq girth to just move folks right before they jump. I'm afraid he will always need to clear space with his arms.