PDA

View Full Version : WORST officiated sport in america

Frank Costanza
11-18-2008, 11:32 AM
I had to choose one of the rooms to post this and well since my vote to the question is no doubt the NBA i chose here to camp ship

Which of our 4 major sports in America is the worst officiated with the most controversial calls The NBA, the NFL, the MLB or the NHL

Frank Costanza
11-18-2008, 11:36 AM
No question the nba is the worst officiated league in all of sports. I am gonna say however it is one of the most difficult and i must say this has nothing to do with donaughy the nba has been the worst officiated league for many many yrs, i think only now is it getting more out of hand, as a gambler someone who checks game lines and line movements its even more suspicious how many more refs like donaughy might be or have been involved in cheating, but even in the cases of not setting up a game, the officiating costs more teams games than i belive in any of the other major sports, ive ranted for a while on the worst i think the best officiated is the NFL and that is also a tough game to call, maybe the toughest

DrDEADalready
11-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Yep Nba fo sho.

NYKnickFanatic
11-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Basketball is the hardest to ref IMO.

JIDsanity
11-18-2008, 01:26 PM
NBA, they let too much slide

OY!
11-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Basketball is the hardest to ref IMO.

you kidding? Football is the hardest to ref. every play in every game could of been holding, off sides, etc.

basketball is not that hard to ref because most of the time, the plays and the fouls are kind of obvious.

Flash812
11-18-2008, 02:07 PM
NBA, they let too much slide

I think it is the other way around, they call to many fouls. They should let the players play and not get so involved. The NBA refs have the biggest ego's and love to be apart of the action. I hate NBA refs with a passion.

Wilson
11-18-2008, 02:12 PM
The inconsistencies of NBA officials is what really irritates me. This should have been posted in General Discussions by the way, to get the opinions of fans of other sports.

NYKnickFanatic
11-18-2008, 02:16 PM
you kidding? Football is the hardest to ref. every play in every game could of been holding, off sides, etc.

basketball is not that hard to ref because most of the time, the plays and the fouls are kind of obvious.

Sorry Master Roshi.
Thats why I said "IMO".

SteveNash
11-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Home plate umpires annoy me the most. It would be like there is no hoop in basketball, and a ref has to decide whether or not the ball would have gone in on that shot.

Hellcrooner
11-18-2008, 02:21 PM
i dont watch any of th eothers, but i guess MLS should be, soccer is very difficult to call.

Anyway, are there star calls in Nfl, Nhl or MLB.?

Because THATS what sucks in nba

nygiants242
11-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Nba.

superkegger
11-18-2008, 03:07 PM
I would say the NBA. It's the most difficult to call. Especially when you have guys like Shaq who entirely change how you call the game, because it's pretty much impossible to guard shaq without fouling him, but they can't call that foul everytime...etc...etc...the game is just so fast.

Lakersfan2483
11-18-2008, 03:26 PM
The inconsistencies of NBA officials is what really irritates me. This should have been posted in General Discussions by the way, to get the opinions of fans of other sports.

I couldn't agree with you more, it's the inconsistencies of the NBA officials that drive the players, coaches, and fans over the edge. The officiating in the NBA is a joke, most of the time.

JordansBulls
11-18-2008, 03:57 PM
NBA is harder to judge because it is obvious that a foul can be called on every play.

mrblisterdundee
11-18-2008, 04:33 PM
When did a referee from another major sport get put in prison for betting on a game that he or she was officiating?

Raps08-09 Champ
11-18-2008, 05:07 PM
I think the NFL

How can you make calls about holds, unnecesery roughness, offside, and alot of other things when the feild is so slow and all that movement on the field

And how can refs see all those plays with all those big guys blocking the refs views

UofA
11-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Nfl

_Sn1P3r_
11-18-2008, 05:13 PM
I say NBA, sadly..

Wilson
11-18-2008, 05:16 PM
I think the NFL

How can you make calls about holds, unnecesery roughness, offside, and alot of other things when the feild is so slow and all that movement on the field

And how can refs see all those plays with all those big guys blocking the refs views

That's why they have so many officials. There's the referee, umpire, line judge, side judge, back judge, and more that I can't remember.

KB24PG16
11-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Nba

Raps08-09 Champ
11-18-2008, 09:25 PM
That's why they have so many officials. There's the referee, umpire, line judge, side judge, back judge, and more that I can't remember.

Ya but still

they make calls like unnecesery roughness or where the ball is at at the bottom of a dogpile of 15-20 players

wwwhat
11-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Oops I read the question wrong. I thought it was which is bogged down most by calls basically. I'd probably say NBA is worst officiated, but NFL is killed the most by penalties. In the NBA I don't see fouls as bogging down the action that much, but in the NFL it kills the action.

kswissdaf
11-18-2008, 09:46 PM
NFL because its all about judgemnt and every call could go either way. But they have the hardest job