PDA

View Full Version : Houston and Detroit should work something out!

RelaxedFan
11-18-2008, 10:19 AM
I am a Houston Fan and was looking at your teamís needs. It doesn't seem that tou are in a rebuilding mold but have holes at 3B, SS and Closer. This is pure speculation but I have a trade idea.

Please ridicule it all you want:
To Detroit:
Brand James or Trinidad or Wesley Wright (SP Prospects)
JR Towels (Catcher)
Ty Wiggington
Jose Valverde
Wandy Rodriguez (Wandy could fill as a #5 left handed SP)
To Houston:
Brandon Inge
Justin Verlander

I doubt Verlander is available but it is Hot Stove time!

Bondomania
11-18-2008, 11:43 AM
i doubt verlander is available.. it would be hard to deal him, and we would probably require a lot of ace type prospects... Verlander is still relatively cheap, and young

MotorCitySports
11-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Have you lost your Mahbos (marbles)? Justin Verlander is untouchable so you can forget that deal.

DfanAlways
11-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Not to mention that 3B is not a need.
Inge will be playing there.

Needs are:
C
SS
Middle Relief pitching
&
A closing Pitcher.

I say trade away Sheffield, put Thames at DH, and grab a solid pitcher or catcher this way.

Hermie13
11-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Houston and Detroit are terrible trade candidates. Both need a catcher, starting pitching, and have too much payroll......

Not seeing a deal here.....

Bondomania
11-18-2008, 07:12 PM
3B might not be an area of need.. however, if the opportunity arrose to upgrade 3B from an offensive standpoint without giving up to much defense then i say do it... i don't really like Inge and i am not really happy with Leyland naming him the starter for the next year in sept. instead of making him go out and earn it considering he only hit .205 on the season.. and yes i agree... Detroit and Houston don't really match up well.. the best matchup is Atlanta.. Atlanta could provide us with a starting SS, C and OF prospect.. granted it would involve giving up Magglio, but i would go a head and do this:

ATL gets:
Magglio Ordonez+cash

DET gets:
Yunel Escobar
Tyler Flowers
Jordan Schafer

We would get young SS/3B for when Worth or Iorg is ready, and then we would get an excellent outfield prospect to replace magglio eventually, and Tyler Flowers would be another catching prospect to add to a young catching core that is slowly getting pretty deep in talent with Ryan/Skelton/Avila and then we would add Flowers.. that would be a pretty nice young crop of catchers.. and then we could even trade one of them for pitching or something of need in the future

native_astro
11-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I don't see a trade with the Tigers unless we tried to trade you guys Jose Valverde for prospects, but that seems unlikely.

I wouldn't mind having Cale Iorg and Rick Porcello if a trade did go down, but that might be a tad steep.

the_fliz1
11-19-2008, 01:59 AM
I don't see a trade with the Tigers unless we tried to trade you guys Jose Valverde for prospects, but that seems unlikely.

I wouldn't mind having Cale Iorg and Rick Porcello if a trade did go down, but that might be a tad steep.

Considering Porcello and Iorg are are considered by the Tigers front office as the best 2 prospects in the system, and the Tigers are only looking for a closer for roughly 2 years, yeah I would say that is a bit steep. That one would probably be more unlikely than the Verlander/Inge trade.

While I do have my doubts that Iorg will be the all-star player that Dumbrowski swears he will be, I have no doubt that Procello will be at the least a great #2 and probably an ace type pitcher.

Yes, We Deliver
11-19-2008, 04:10 PM
ATL gets:
Magglio Ordonez+cash

DET gets:
Yunel Escobar
Tyler Flowers
Jordan Schafer
I actually really like this deal, Bondomania. That's probably the most realistic Ordonez deal that I've seen proposed so far.

Bondomania
11-19-2008, 05:56 PM
i think that deal would be sick.. and i think it would address several needs.. and would setup the tigers for the long haul and would bring a lot more youth to the team

Sheffies Chef
11-23-2008, 10:20 PM
didn't we get raped by the braves for renteria so Escobar could start for them? wasn't he supposed to be a great one for them at short? is he even being shopped around?

mark1125
11-23-2008, 10:50 PM
didn't we get raped by the braves for renteria so Escobar could start for them? wasn't he supposed to be a great one for them at short? is he even being shopped around?

From what I have read, Escobar is only being shopped if it for Peavy.

Bondomania
11-24-2008, 03:55 PM
however, Peavy won't agree to the deal if Escobar is traded to San Diego, because he wants Escobar's defense at short.. Escobar could be available if for an elite player.. i bet Maggs would kill inferior NL pitching.. you never know.. but those two prospects are phenominal and i would be willing to back down on Escobar being in the trade if someone else was thrown in, if we could get both of those prospects for sure