PDA

View Full Version : Affeldt off market, Cruz and Beimel hot targets

hoog
11-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Dang, I really liked Affeldt coming here. The guy was really throwing strikes which is what the Tigers need. Now that San Fran has signed him Juan Cruz and Beimel will be hot targets. In fact, I just read that San Fran has intrest in both of them as well. There trying to shore up a horrible bullpen. Oh wait, that's what we should be doing. He Dave, I know there isn't much money in the kitty but 2 years for $8M isn't that much now a days.

Bondomania
11-18-2008, 11:50 AM
i think we have roughly 18 mill. to play with.. Dave said payroll was going to stay at 138 mill. and every projection i have seen so far has shown the tigers sitting right around 120 mill. i can't remember though if that pre or post arbitration

mark1125
11-18-2008, 03:01 PM
i think we have roughly 18 mill. to play with.. Dave said payroll was going to stay at 138 mill. and every projection i have seen so far has shown the tigers sitting right around 120 mill. i can't remember though if that pre or post arbitration

Who knows.......we may get lucky and find a way to unload Robertson or Willis without taking on a equally bad contract. That would be nice.

Epic89
11-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Cruz and Beimel would be superb. We'd officially have two quality relief pitchers on our roster.