PDA

View Full Version : where would you rather be drafted?

barreleffact
11-18-2008, 04:52 AM
The Thunder are now 1-10. I feel horribly for Durant as far as him as a player. He is the ONLY gem on a horrible team. Even T-mac and Lebron never had THAT little talent(although T-mac started out with like a 1-20 record before). regardless I started thinking, would you rather be drafted number 1 on a horrible team, a late lottery pick for a decent contender where you could be 6th man, or mid lottery where you could start but you wouldnt be the superstar and there still would be no REAL expectations of a championship.

TMAC94
11-18-2008, 05:03 AM
lottery, some pressure but not as much as number one, btw durant has green

pete_one
11-18-2008, 05:16 AM
dont matter as long as i get that guaranteed money!!!

barreleffact
11-18-2008, 05:34 AM
lottery, some pressure but not as much as number one, btw durant has green

good point, but green is inconsistant. idk...I just dont think I would like to be in Durants shoes. 1-10, horrible both years, sooner or later he'll get that loser labal and be considered one who doesnt know how to win. maybe Im just behind, but has their GM done anything. what can be done and what does he need to help him out?

Chronz
11-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Kobe ended a season going 2-18 and ended up missing the playoffs because of it. Do you simply fault Kobe for that? No there are other factors that come into play. Your pathetic reference to Tmac's 1-19 season is nothing like Durants current situation. He has more talent on his team the fact that they are 1-9 is more a reflection of Durant not being at Tmac's level, not his fault hes 20 years old and not as gifted. The Thundercats (I know thats not their real name) cant score for ****, they have the worst record in the league even worse than the Clippers, Tmac wouldve made them exponentially better on both ends of the court and as a result a better record.

But aside from that petty manner your question is simple, and to answer Id rather be drafted to a contending team that way I will always be perceived as a winner rather than suffer the blame for your teams misfortunes.

Wilson
11-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Kobe ended a season going 2-18 and ended up missing the playoffs because of it. Do you simply fault Kobe for that? No there are other factors that come into play. Your pathetic reference to Tmac's 1-19 season is nothing like Durants current situation. He has more talent on his team the fact that they are 1-9 is more a reflection of Durant not being at Tmac's level, not his fault hes 20 years old and not as gifted. The Thundercats (I know thats not their real name) cant score for ****, they have the worst record in the league even worse than the Clippers, Tmac wouldve made them exponentially better on both ends of the court and as a result a better record.

But aside from that petty manner your question is simple, and to answer Id rather be drafted to a contending team that way I will always be perceived as a winner rather than suffer the blame for your teams misfortunes.

Why so angry?

If I was going to be in the NBA, I'd probably prefer to be a contributer on a championship team. Then, if I decided I preferred money to winning, I could become one of those role players that get overpaid because they were on a championship team :p

NYKnickFanatic
11-18-2008, 08:43 AM
I rather be a late pick, playing for a championship team (Bill Walker, even though he doesnt play) then to go number one overall.

michaellui11
11-18-2008, 09:01 AM
give the sonics a few years, they will be blazers and grizzlies main challengers
I would love to be somewhere Bayless ended up in. Great team, good future, best time to get drafted is there (although he hardly gets to play, all thx to the coach)

rabzouz 96
11-18-2008, 09:21 AM
id rather go as a no 1 pick to a really bad team. then suck for 3 or 4 years get some more real high draft picks, collect some nice young talent on the team and then evolve with my teammates as we all grow and get older and grow together and some day contend with them, the last thing i want is a team that is stuck in mediocrity and always trys to win but is at best an 8th or 7th seed team that cant get better because it loses the chance on high draft picks hile it trys to win.

barreleffact
11-18-2008, 09:23 AM

it would be you to take this and focus on tmac 1st:rolleyes: regardless, if you must know, i didnt mean to post this thread. i typed it but felt it meaningless while making a poll. i didnt know that if you just exited your browser it would post anyway. still, give durant time to be as skilled as mac was. that team needs a lot from the front office, coaching, and raw talent. how much could you really expect from a rookie(now sophomore) given that team? at least mac was a 4th year player when he went to orlando. still, i agree about being dealt to a contender. being the lone star on a garbage team makes stories like pierce's, KG's, and anyone else who reaches greatness later all the more meaningful. it really seems like when they won, they didnt know how to handle it nor release all that stress built up. thats gotta really suck.

JordansBulls
11-18-2008, 09:37 AM
The Thunder are now 1-10. I feel horribly for Durant as far as him as a player. He is the ONLY gem on a horrible team. Even T-mac and Lebron never had THAT little talent(although T-mac started out with like a 1-20 record before). regardless I started thinking, would you rather be drafted number 1 on a horrible team, a late lottery pick for a decent contender where you could be 6th man, or mid lottery where you could start but you wouldnt be the superstar and there still would be no REAL expectations of a championship.

I don't think Durant is a franchise player.

king4day
11-18-2008, 09:39 AM
I'd wanna be drafted by a poor team. This way can actually showcase ur skills and if the team isn't improving by contracts end, then u can bolt for money and a better scenario to win.

The theory to win the ring first and then go elsewhere is what stunted any chance Darko had at being a solid player. Ur usually forgotten in those cases and end up like someone like Powe. He's a good player. On weaker teams he may be starting. Now when his contract ends, he has no chance at a major deal.

Testaverde16
11-18-2008, 09:52 AM
I'd want a championship asap. I'll sit on the inactive list if I have to. Just want to win.

MiamiHeat
11-18-2008, 10:15 AM
I would rather be drafted in a team like Miami Heat
They have a superstar and an allstar and add a rookie
they have a bright future they just need a big man to contend .

Sixerlover
11-18-2008, 10:28 AM
#1 overall. Since the contracts are set in stone, they make the most money. You have hopefully your whole career to get a ring, the money should be the first thing to come into play :D

fredv
11-18-2008, 10:57 AM
B-Easy is definitely in the best possible situation. He can learn from superstars/allstars and might have a chance to contend in a couple years if his teams builds correctly.

DreamShaker
11-18-2008, 11:44 AM
I don't think Durant is a franchise player.

You are wrong sir...

Wake's Fastball
11-18-2008, 12:38 PM
I'll take a top pick like Durant all day long. He's got free reign to play however the hell he feels like it, given that his team isn't doing anything, and as such, can put forth whatever kind of game he's capable of. For those feeling bad for him, he's taking in nearly $26,000,000 a year with endorsements included, something that certainly doesn't happen if he's taken later in the lottery.

Hellcrooner
11-18-2008, 01:46 PM
High pick ****** team, lead them to first playoffs in years then whenever they drop a step back ask for a trade, Join contender as first or second option and win titl˝es.

Wait isnt that Paus Career?

zambo4president
11-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Id want to be the #1 franchise player. *****,Money, and some more ***** :)