PDA

View Full Version : Best Basketball Quotes?

TMAC94
11-18-2008, 01:56 AM
post the best ones you know :D

Joshtd1
11-18-2008, 01:59 AM
I think the "never under estimate the heart of a champion" is pretty damn great.

I also like one that I believe Duncan said...but the quote was "you dont play for the name on the back of your jersey, you play for the name on the front".

lakers4sho
11-18-2008, 02:04 AM
I think the "never under estimate the heart of a champion" is pretty damn great.

I also like one that I believe Duncan said...but the quote was "you dont play for the name on the back of your jersey, you play for the name on the front".

Isn't it "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion"?

Anyways, I like this quote by Magic:

“Everybody on a championship team doesn't get publicity, but everyone can say he's a champion.”

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-18-2008, 02:07 AM
I like Shaq in an interview on live T.V.

Shaq: "People come and pay good money to see these athletes play, and the refs try to take over the F'N game."

Reporter: "Shaq we are on live!"

Shaq: I dont give a $h1t!"

Those are some good basketball quotes!

lakers4sho
11-18-2008, 02:08 AM
Bynum to Sasha:

"Give me the ****in' ball!!!"

Joshtd1
11-18-2008, 02:09 AM
Isn't it "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion"?

Anyways, I like this quote by Magic:

“Everybody on a championship team doesn't get publicity, but everyone can say he's a champion.”

Never/dont ever..same thing:)

lakers4sho
11-18-2008, 02:12 AM
I know, but yeah :)

stawka
11-18-2008, 02:13 AM
Don't know if this is a quote or a philosophy, but "Defense wins Championships".

Whatever the case, that line = GOAT!

Lakersfan2483
11-18-2008, 02:17 AM
post the best ones you know :D

Good thread.

Here is quote from Shaq when asked about the Sacramento Kings in 2002.

Shaq: "Were not worried about the Sacramento Queens, write it down, send a picture to them, I don't care!"

Other Shaq quotes:

"I am like toilet paper, toothpaste and other amenities, I am proven to work."

"If the big dog don't get the ball, the house won't get guarded."

"Just call me the big sewer, cause I stink S%^t up."

Shaq had so many hillarious quotes, when he's on his game, no one has better quotes. lol. He called himself the "Big Continuous," in response to the line of great centers in laker history.

DerekRE_3
11-18-2008, 02:19 AM
"To be the best, you have to beat the best."
-Chris Webber

SAVAGE CLAW
11-18-2008, 02:21 AM
" The Ship Be Sinking!"

" Opera does not end until the fat Lady Sings"

Lakersfan2483
11-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Shaq, LSU stands for, "Love Shaq University." lol.

ARMIN12NBA
11-18-2008, 02:33 AM
Shaq: "Winning another championship takes everything you got. Sacramento thought it was they year, but I'm telling you it's not. Vladdy said that we don't have home-court advantage, we won't win."

Rick Fox: "What?"

Shaq: "Vlade, are you stupid? I'll tell you time again. You need to go where they know your name. And the Lakers, we know how to play the game."

Shaq: "You (Vlade Divac) said that we wouldn't win at yo place. Guess what. Kobe dunked it in yo face. You need to go where people know your name."

S.J.Basketball
11-18-2008, 02:45 AM
Delonte West:

"I'm just a playa. I play with whatever they give me...if they want me to play with a sock I'll play with a sock!"

Pointing to an asian tattoo on his neck:

"That one means sincere......or at least I hope it does. Everytime I go into a Chinese store they laugh at me so....."

Lakersfan2483
11-18-2008, 02:46 AM
Shaq: "Winning another championship takes everything you got. Sacramento thought it was they year, but I'm telling you it's not. Vladdy said that we don't have home-court advantage, we won't win."

Shaq: "Vlade, are you stupid? I'll tell you time again. You need to go where they know your name. And the Lakers, we know how to play the game."

Shaq: "You (Vlade Divac) said that we wouldn't win at yo place. Guess what. Kobe dunked it in yo face. You need to go where people know your name."

LOL, those were the good old days.

LAKERS 24/7
11-18-2008, 02:51 AM
"Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points they almost always win."

- Doug Collins

:laugh::laugh:

"Basketball is Basketball" - The Big O

top 10 shaq quotes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWqPnEGzfK8

SAVAGE CLAW
11-18-2008, 02:52 AM
" Si nos ganan los angoleños me como la gorra" ( If we lose to Angola i will eat my Cap) Spanish Player prior to Ashtounding and Ashaming defeat in 92 olympcis.

ARMIN12NBA
11-18-2008, 02:55 AM
LOL, those were the good old days.

I still have the championship VHS tapes for all three years sitting in my movie collection. Whenever I want to feel better after a Laker loss, I like to watch one of those videos...lol.

Hopefully I can add another championship video to my collection next summer...

S.J.Basketball
11-18-2008, 03:05 AM
LoL more Delonte:

"In order to love the brotherman, you gotta love the other man. One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. Nick Nack paddywack give a dog a bone."

"Elmer Fudd is hatin'. This cartoon is more deep than you think."

JermanJaysFan
11-18-2008, 03:09 AM
One of the best Sam Mitchell quotes of recent memory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_cSQIxfIlM

He goes really good through the whole thing, but really starts getting the reporters good at about 3:15 or so.

tuk420
11-18-2008, 03:26 AM
'Practice, we're talking about Practice?"..... i dont know the full quote but i know he said Practice alot and it was great.....And Charles Barkley when he go pissed off at the country All-star game show something like "After janet Jackson showed her breast on TV people are scared to put on a good show"

Duncan = Donkey
11-18-2008, 03:57 AM
"Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points they almost always win."

- Doug Collins

lol, what a dumb ****

Duncan = Donkey
11-18-2008, 04:01 AM
SHaq's reason for not making his free throws.

The reason I don't make my freethrows is because I believe nothing in life is free.

Duncan = Donkey
11-18-2008, 04:02 AM
funniest quote i heard from SHAQ

"I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok."

cro_2pac
11-18-2008, 05:16 AM
IVERSON "I play every game like it is my last..." and "I don't wanna be MAGIC I don't wanna be BIRD or ISIAH or any of those guys I wanna be Allen Iverson and look in the mirror and say I did it my way!"

He's great.

DieselPowered32
11-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Shaq's quote when he chritsened Paul Pierce "THE TRUTH"

"Take this down. My name is Shaquille O'Neal, and Paul Pierce is the F***K'N truth. Quote me on that, and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."
—March 13, 2001

Shaq nicknamed Garnett "The Big Ticket"
He Also nicknamed Tim duncan "The Big Fundemental" and D-Wade "Flash", he should've got those nicknames copyrighted the dude would of made so much money

Chaudhry
11-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Rick Barry
"I knew it was time to retire when i was driving down the lane and got called for a 3 second violation"

TheShock45
11-18-2008, 11:41 AM
"to be the best, you have to beat the best."
-chris webber

wooooo ?!?

OY!
11-18-2008, 11:42 AM
"Practice? We talking about practice?" Allen Iverson :D

Wilson
11-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Phil Jackson, on his Brokeback Mountain comments ( http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=M-NLzjcA3kM&feature=related ):

If I offended any cowboys, any Texans, any horses, anybody else that would be offended by these comments I wanna apologize.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C-m0xfdID34

:laugh:

Mile High Champ
11-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Here is one Shaq quote and the rest Barkley .. Barkley is amazing!

'Im tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Shaquille O'Neal

I don't care what people think. people are stupid.
Charles Barkley

I don't think of myself as giving interviews. I just have conversations. That gets me in trouble.
Charles Barkley

I love New York City; I've got a gun.
Charles Barkley

I think that the team that wins game five will win the series. Unless we lose game five.
Charles Barkley

I'm no role model.
Charles Barkley

If I weren't earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming.
Charles Barkley

My family got all over me because they said Bush is only for the rich people. Then I reminded them, 'Hey, I'm rich'.
Charles Barkley

Somebody hits me, I'm going to hit him back. Even if it does look like he hasn't eaten in a while.
Charles Barkley

Sometimes that light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
Charles Barkley

The main thing to do is relax and let your talent do the work.
Charles Barkley

These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it.
Charles Barkley

This place? Nothing positive. OK, I want to say something positive. It's positively a dump.
Charles Barkley

We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do.
Charles Barkley

You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley

JordansBulls
11-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Here are some I saved from MJ.

"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

"I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don't get you the ball."

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"I know what's gonna happen. We'll wait until the last minute and then they'll say something like they couldn't get a deal done because of the cap or somebody pulled out at the last minute. It happens here all the time. I don't know why I'm surprised every year."

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his [Swearing was used] into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

"I'll let them stand up and take responsibility for themselves."

"We have to do some things. We need to make some changes."

"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."

"He's scared. He's got no heart...Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn't have been here."

"I know I can recognize what to do, but I'm not sure they can."

"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"Give me the ******* ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me."

"We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams."

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue

"I want to prove the critics wrong...I want to see some serious moves from management, which I really haven't seen that much of yet, and I want to see more serious attitudes from my teammates this year when it comes to the playoffs. In the past, it's been more or less a joking thing, sort of a 'Well, we're here, so let's have a good time.'"

"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting."

"I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is."

"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his [] out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley trade

"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

Mile High Champ
11-18-2008, 12:11 PM
More amazing Shaq quotes!

David Stern should get with the mothers of the NBA and let the moms decide what the dress code should be. I asked my mother if I could wear a chain, and she told me yeah. So I do stuff that my parents allow me to do.
Shaquille O'Neal

Everything happens for a reason. I'm used to it, I prepare for it. Like I say, at the end of the day, those in charge of their own destiny are going to do what's rights for them and their family.
Shaquille O'Neal

I am the number one Ninja and I have killed all the Shoguns in front of me.
Shaquille O'Neal

I average 25 with three guys on me and they are just looking at stats I guess.
Shaquille O'Neal

I don't believe that I personally have been changed by the money. The bad thing is people assume you've changed because now you have money.
Shaquille O'Neal

I don't get nervous in any situation. There's no such thing as nerves when you're playing games.
Shaquille O'Neal

I guess people think the taller you are the more dominant you have to be.
Shaquille O'Neal

I had an awful first quarter but I picked it up. To all you single guys out there, it's not how you start the date, it's how you finish it sir. A lot of people can, you know, start the date with flowers and candy, but if you don't finish the date - you know what I mean?
Shaquille O'Neal

I have never been a shooter.
Shaquille O'Neal

I play against a front and a back every night, Ming does not have to do that, Duncan does not have to do that, Garnett doesn't do that. I am the only one that has to do that.
Shaquille O'Neal

I put a lot into it, and when I am done playing, I plan on going undercover and then being the sheriff or chief of police somewhere, either Miami or Orlando, I don't know yet.
Shaquille O'Neal

I started out as a football player. I liked to inflict pain. In basketball, it was the same thing.
Shaquille O'Neal

I started out as a young Ninja and killed all of the Shoguns. I am a Shogun now and I'm holding my spot. There probably won't be another Shogun after this.
Shaquille O'Neal

I want to be strong, dominant. Like Wilt Chamberlain.
Shaquille O'Neal

I would like to be refered to as 'The Big Aristotle'.
Shaquille O'Neal

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Shaquille O'Neal

I'm very excited about my new agreement with the Heat. This contract allows me to address all of my family's long-term financial goals while allowing the Heat the ability to acquire those players that we need to win a championship.
Shaquille O'Neal

If you got the game, you got the game. That's why Tiger Woods is out there playing golf with Greg Norman.
Shaquille O'Neal

Me shooting 40% at the foul line is just God's way to say nobody's perfect.
Shaquille O'Neal

One lucky shot deserves another.
Shaquille O'Neal

Our offense is like the pythagorean theorem: There is no answer!
Shaquille O'Neal

Someday I might have to put down a basketball and have a regular 9-to-5 like everybody else.
Shaquille O'Neal

That is why one day I said my game will be like the Pythagorean Theorem - hard to figure out. A lot of people really don't know the Pythagorean Theory. They don't make them like me anymore. They don't want to make them like that anymore.
Shaquille O'Neal

This is a tough game. There are times when you've got to play hurt, when you've got to block out the pain.
Shaquille O'Neal

We want to win. We want to win big. We want to win the whole thing.
Shaquille O'Neal

We're just going to come out and play. We know that we're supposed to win all the games, but if we don't, we just have to take the next game and focus on what we did wrong in the game before and just try to do better at the next game.
Shaquille O'Neal

Why don't you bring your face up here and let me punch it? Then you can tell me (if I'm stronger).
Shaquille O'Neal

Wilson
11-18-2008, 12:32 PM
'Im tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Shaquille O'Neal

These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it.
Charles Barkley

:laugh:

NYKnickFanatic
11-18-2008, 12:47 PM
"The only time success comes before work, is in the dictionary."

I have no clue who said that, or if its even a basketball quote, but its a good one, nonetheless.

"My belief is stronger than you doubt."

--D. Wade commercial.

mrblisterdundee
11-18-2008, 12:55 PM
"Practice?" (x43)

FOBolous
11-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Delonte West:

"I'm just a playa. I play with whatever they give me...if they want me to play with a sock I'll play with a sock!"

Pointing to an asian tattoo on his neck:

"That one means sincere......or at least I hope it does. Everytime I go into a Chinese store they laugh at me so....."

HAHAHAHA! i'm chinese and i find that really funny. a lot of times when i see people with tatoos that's supposely "chinese"...they're not...they're just some random lines. and if it is chinese, a lot of times it doesn't mean what the peopel thought it means.

petski
11-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Jordan to the rest of the team in the '92 playoffs against Detroit

"Dont pass the f-ing ball to Bill Cartwright for the rest of the game!"

innovator
11-18-2008, 01:02 PM
i dont know who said this or if sum1 even said this haha

" their is no I in team but their is an I in win! "

gouldjg
11-18-2008, 01:41 PM
No one has mentioned anything from the legendary bill walton...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZS6sRVWsk

"This is just another chapter in Mark Jackson's legendary career."
-Bill Walton

"Greg Ostertag is one of the greatest centers on this planet."
-Bill Walton

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!"
-Bill Walton

"The only man who can stop cliff robinson is Cliff robinson. The man is unstoppable even at 38."
-Bill Walton

Where would you like it NEXT time, Samaki?
-Bill Walton

"SEND IT BACK OKUR, SEND IT BACK!!!"
-Bill Walton

"That was the worst execution of the fast break in the history of the Trail Blazer franchise"
-Bill Walton

Snapper: Why are they booing Charles Oakley?
Walton: Because he's a thug!

"With the score 18-12 in the first---the rout is on"
- Bill Walton

"How long do these hockey games last?"
-Bill Walton

"Oylden Polynice, make a layup pleeeeeeeaaaaaasssseee!"
-Bill Walton

"Show some respect to this living legend, this hall of famer...Arvydas Sabonis."
-Bill Walton

"Sabonis is the epitome of competitive greatness."
-Bill Walton

"A huge Chinese population here in... Houston."
-Bill Walton

“Tyrone Nesby, master of discipline.”
-Bill Walton

"He even flew in his hairdresser, Celeste, so not only does Jermaine ONeal look pretty, hes looking to play pretty tonight."
-Bill Walton

"He's been working out in the off-season, on that incredible computer generated body he has."
-Bill Walton, on Kevin Garnett

"Look at Horace's shoes, arent they a thing of beauty?"
-Bill Walton, on Horace Grant's shoes

"Shaq with the monster throwdown, the basket just reverberating."
-Bill Walton

"You look at Vladimir Radmanovic, this guy is cut from stone. As if Michelangelo was reading and a lightening bolt flashed before him."
-Bill Walton

"You talk about Shaq as a ballerina, what a pirouette from Yao!"
-Bill Walton

"Hey i'm for anything that keeps Charlie Ward out the game"
-Bill Walton

"...In order for Orlando to be successfull tonight the offense MUST go through Danny Schayes"
-Bill Walton

"You know why the jump ball is great? The fate of the free world, every night is decided by the jump ball."
-Bill Walton

Walton: That HAS to be a foul.
Snapper: Against who?
Walton: Against the game of basketball.

"The patience of a coach. Rudy T... that guy's going STRAIGHT to heaven!"
-Bill Walton

"Jahidi White, that man is a monutain disguised as a basketball player"
-Bill Walton

"This Portland team is nothing more than a band of pranksters."
-Bill Walton

"Maurice Cheeks has seen enough the inability to complete the simplest of plays."
-Bill Walton

"If Eric Piatkowski continues playing at this level, he's going to replace Jerry West on the NBA logo."
- Bill Walton

"That was one of the worst passes I've ever seen, and certainly the worst pass in the history of the San Antonio Spurs."
-Bill Walton

"Scottie Pippen.....what a player!"
-Bill Walton

"the offensive presence of greg ostertag is quite overwhelming sometimes!"
-Bill Walton

"Amare Stoudamire! Winner of the genetic lottery!"
- Bill Walton

"John Wooden is an intergalactic treasure!"
-Bill Walton

"The game was a youthful explosion of joyful enthusiasm!"
-Bill Walton

Walton: That's not a foul
Snapper Jones: Looked like one to me Bill, and the ref too.
Walton: Come on, that was no foul! It may be a violation of all the basic rules of human decency, but its not a foul.

Alpert: Eric Snow dribbles down, and launches a three! (misses)
Walton: What is Eric Snow doing launching three pointers? Can someone tell me when the last time Eric Snow made a three pointer?
Alpert: Actually, last time down the court Bill....
Walton: Oh....can someone tell me why Eric Snow isn't getting more three point opportunties?

"The most disasterous loss in Clippers history. Great stuff!"
- Bill Walton

"Is Charles Oakley AWARE, that the New York Knicks are paying him to foul out in the 3rd quarter?"
- Bill Walton

"Shawn Bradley, you're 7 foot 6. SUCCESS IS A CHOICE!"
- Bill Walton

"Dirk Nowitzki's jump-shot is like a gazelle,flowing through the swiss alps"
- Bill Walton

"By the time the games came along, they just became memorized exhibitions of brilliance."
- Bill Walton

"When that ball was put up, to decide the fate of Western Civilization, the game itself was a celebration of life. Such a joyful explosion of youthful enthusiasm just racing up and down this court celebrating the dream and the vision. A harmonic convergence of the highest order!"
- Bill Walton

"If he played in today's age of ESPN, he'd have his own channel!"
- Bill Walton (on Walt Chamberlain)

"No One in the arena is sitting down right now...
[camera pans to Joe Dumars sitting down]
...except Joe Dumars."
- Bill Walton

"Here's a novel idea: Take Jeff McGinnis OUT of the game!"
- Bill Walton

"The boston celtic home court advantage is one of he most powerful forces in the universe."
- Bill Walton

"Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It’s up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards."
- Bill Walton

"Yesterday we celebrated Sir Isaac Newton’s discovery of gravity, today, Fabricio Oberto is defying it."
- Bill Walton

"Patrick Ewing used to be much better in every aspect of the game."
- Bill Walton

"Tonight the Spurs look to extend their lead to 3-0 over the Lakers. This time, however, they will have to do it on the Lakers’ home court. Duncan and Shaq have been magnificent for both teams, but so far the edge has gone to San Antonio. However, the real story line that awaits us tonight in Los Angeles is whether or not Kobe Bryant will actually throw a pass!"
- Bill Walton

"Save some for later? Balderdash…this is the playoffs!"
- Bill Walton

"Shaq makes everyone else in the league look like Michelle Tafoya."
- Bill Walton

"If they ever get this cloning thing right, we can only hope they duplicate the good guys. The last thing we need are more Shawn Bradley’s and Michael Olowokandi’s. Or more people with the attitude of Gary Payton or the confusion of George Karl."
- Bill Walton

"The art of tossing up the jump ball has really declined. These officials need to spend more time practicing in off-season."
- Bill Walton

"Some one tell the Spurs Avery Johnson is left-handed."
- Bill Walton

Bill Walton: "Kevin Garnett is what you would call a reluctant shooter, wouldnt you say Marv?"
Marv Albert: "I would agree with you, but Bill, KG has taken more shots than the rest of the T-wolves combined."

"Rudy T. is not in the NBA Hall of Fame, but he is in the Hall of Fame of Life."
- Bill Walton

"Come on, play defense. Enough with this flopping, play the game the way its supposed to be played, you are only hurting the credibility of the game, shame on you Vlade, you know better."
Bill Walton

"Jeff Van Gundy cannot believe this!"
- Bill Walton

"In transition, the extension. the spread eagle. the posterization over the imaginary defender."
- Bill Walton (On Lebron's fast break dunk...)

"Where else but the NBA could people like Bill Russell, Spencer Haywood, Ricky Barry, Dennis Rodman and Allen Iverson come in and be allowed to be who they are?"
- Bill Walton

"Way back when, I was a sophomore in college at UCLA when a truly remarkable aggregation of professional talent actually exceeded the hype and hope of a world searching desperately for authenticity."
- Bill Walton

"What hath God wrought -- Todd MacCulloch has changed his name."
- Bill Walton

Hellcrooner
11-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Jordanbulls thanks for reminding me why i HATE with my bones Michael jordan, he migth have been a good player but he was a worm of a person, and an egomaniac.

He started all the bad things that happen in this league now.

NYKnickFanatic
11-18-2008, 01:50 PM

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!"
-Bill Walton

"The only man who can stop cliff robinson is Cliff robinson. The man is unstoppable even at 38."
-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

"That was the worst execution of the fast break in the history of the Trail Blazer franchise"
-Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

"Show some respect to this living legend, this hall of famer...Arvydas Sabonis."
-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

"He even flew in his hairdresser, Celeste, so not only does Jermaine ONeal look pretty, hes looking to play pretty tonight."
-Bill Walton

"He's been working out in the off-season, on that incredible computer generated body he has."

-Bill Walton

"You look at Vladimir Radmanovic, this guy is cut from stone. As if Michelangelo was reading and a lightening bolt flashed before him."
-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

"...In order for Orlando to be successfull tonight the offense MUST go through Danny Schayes"
-Bill Walton

"You know why the jump ball is great? The fate of the free world, every night is decided by the jump ball."
-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

"Maurice Cheeks has seen enough the inability to complete the simplest of plays."
-Bill Walton

"If Eric Piatkowski continues playing at this level, he's going to replace Jerry West on the NBA logo."
- Bill Walton

"That was one of the worst passes I've ever seen, and certainly the worst pass in the history of the San Antonio Spurs."
-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

Walton: Come on, that was no foul! It may be a violation of all the basic rules of human decency, but its not a foul.

Walton: What is Eric Snow doing launching three pointers? Can someone tell me when the last time Eric Snow made a three pointer?
Walton: Oh....can someone tell me why Eric Snow isn't getting more three point opportunties?

- Bill Walton

"Is Charles Oakley AWARE, that the New York Knicks are paying him to foul out in the 3rd quarter?"
- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

"By the time the games came along, they just became memorized exhibitions of brilliance."
- Bill Walton

"When that ball was put up, to decide the fate of Western Civilization, the game itself was a celebration of life. Such a joyful explosion of youthful enthusiasm just racing up and down this court celebrating the dream and the vision. A harmonic convergence of the highest order!"
- Bill Walton

...except Joe Dumars."
- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

"The boston celtic home court advantage is one of he most powerful forces in the universe."
- Bill Walton

"Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It’s up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards."
- Bill Walton

"Yesterday we celebrated Sir Isaac Newton’s discovery of gravity, today, Fabricio Oberto is defying it."
- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

"Tonight the Spurs look to extend their lead to 3-0 over the Lakers. This time, however, they will have to do it on the Lakers’ home court. Duncan and Shaq have been magnificent for both teams, but so far the edge has gone to San Antonio. However, the real story line that awaits us tonight in Los Angeles is whether or not Kobe Bryant will actually throw a pass!"
- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

"If they ever get this cloning thing right, we can only hope they duplicate the good guys. The last thing we need are more Shawn Bradley’s and Michael Olowokandi’s. Or more people with the attitude of Gary Payton or the confusion of George Karl."
- Bill Walton

"The art of tossing up the jump ball has really declined. These officials need to spend more time practicing in off-season."
- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

Bill Walton: "Kevin Garnett is what you would call a reluctant shooter, wouldnt you say Marv?"
Marv Albert: "I would agree with you, but Bill, KG has taken more shots than the rest of the T-wolves combined."

"Rudy T. is not in the NBA Hall of Fame, but he is in the Hall of Fame of Life."
- Bill Walton

"Come on, play defense. Enough with this flopping, play the game the way its supposed to be played, you are only hurting the credibility of the game, shame on you Vlade, you know better."
Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

"In transition, the extension. the spread eagle. the posterization over the imaginary defender."

"Where else but the NBA could people like Bill Russell, Spencer Haywood, Ricky Barry, Dennis Rodman and Allen Iverson come in and be allowed to be who they are?"
- Bill Walton

"Way back when, I was a sophomore in college at UCLA when a truly remarkable aggregation of professional talent actually exceeded the hype and hope of a world searching desperately for authenticity."
- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

I hate Bill Walton with a passion.

Also, Im surprised there was no:

THROW IT DOWN BIGMAN! THROW IT DOWN!

Hellcrooner
11-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Some fo his words, should have warned he would not be a good GM too.

Ripping Kukoc bneing folowed

Ripping Oakley trade

Ripping White Players ( gues thats why he took Kwame , not pau);

etc

NYKnickFanatic
11-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Some fo his words, should have warned he would not be a good GM too.

Ripping Kukoc bneing folowed

Ripping Oakley trade

Ripping White Players ( gues thats why he took Kwame , not pau);

etc

Yeah, after reading some of those quotes by Jordan, he seems like a real dick. He took a step down on my stairs.

Nexus
11-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah, after reading some of those quotes by Jordan, he seems like a real dick. He took a step down on my stairs.

Same, I had little idea of how big of an ******* he is.

Robbie7138
11-18-2008, 03:36 PM
i like what duncan told lebron after beating them in the finals
something along the lines of

us winning the championship this year and lebron being the future

Hellcrooner
11-18-2008, 03:41 PM
yeah nike mad sure , that part of his personality, Ripping teammates, destroying his reserves egoes, higjacking gms meancing BUlls Owner with going to NY , RUnning Orland Woolridge ou of town etc etc was not that known to the public.

If it had ben known their Gigantic Merchandasing operation woudl ahve never been a success and He woudl be just ANOTHER option to the GOAT, and not the "GOAT or you are a BLASFEMER" he is now

MiamiHeat
11-18-2008, 03:44 PM
WADE QUOTES

"Wade's Belief Is Stronger Than Your Doubt" - Wade

"Fall Down 7 Times, Stand Up 8" - Wade

“Life is not measured by the number of breaths that you take but by the moments that take your breath away. That’s what Dwyane is about.”
—Riley

“I knew Flash was good. He’s just gooder than I thought.”
—O’Neal

“He’s very young and you see that the upside is incredible.” (on Wade)
—All-Star Tim Duncan

“Wade creates moments that make you forget you’re a coach.’
—Van Gundy

MICHAEL BEASLEY QUOTE

"People say it looks like i don't try hard, but I work hard to play easy." - Michael "B-Easy" Beasley

“My will is to always be better and better and better. I’ve got the will to want to be the best.” - Beasley

“I’m a competitor.” - Beasley

Hellcrooner
11-18-2008, 03:45 PM
^Enter David Stern in the conspiracy too.

Ring Ring? Hey Mike

-Hi David Whats up?

- Well You know? you are bettign too much in Atlantic City, and you know thats forbidden.

- Ph well i know but im god you cant fdo withut my image now Larry and Magic left.

- I know but you on a Bettign Scandala woudl ruin the purpose of it all.

- Well what can we do then?

- I have to ban you

- Yeah but that would kill your Bussines you know¿

- Well, mmm how about you just go and say you are retiring, go fishing for a while and then you make an spectacular Come Back? that would give as Yest another Colossal story to fill your Movie directed career!!!

--Mmm soudns nice, i have an idea, where is my bat????

MiamiHeat
11-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Some Quotes I really like

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan

that's the best quote

another favorites...

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
-Michael Jordan

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
-Michael Jordan

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win."
-Michael Jordan

unwantedplayer
11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
"Play every game like its you last."

Hellcrooner
11-18-2008, 03:53 PM
"There is no "i" in team but there is in win."
-Michael Jordan

* The crap that has ruined the league

Wilson
11-18-2008, 04:27 PM
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
-Michael Jordan

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
-Michael Jordan

Those two are quite cool. There's one similar to the second one in someone's sig (can't remember who, sorry :o) from Magic Johnson, something like "Ask not what your teammates can do for you, but what you can do for your teammates". That's a good one, IMO.

_Sn1P3r_
11-18-2008, 05:20 PM

Haha, I saw the vid on youtube of him singing that. It was pretty jokes.

Personally, I always liked the 'play for the name at the front of your jersey, not the back' one. And most of Michael Jordan's quotes.

JayW_1023
11-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Gotta love Bill Walton...the guy sees the positives in almost everything.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2008, 08:16 PM

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

-Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

...except Joe Dumars."
- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

- Bill Walton

I laughed my *** off reading these. The only one that is missing, is in 2005, Sam Cassell took a bad shot, and Walton goes, "That is the worst shot in Clippers franchise history". I love the guy. He makes a December Bucks vs Bobcats game seem like a battle between good and evil. How much weed has this guy smoked? Can't believe there is any left

Lakers4ItAll
11-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Shaq has always been awesome when it comes to Quoting him

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-18-2008, 09:26 PM

"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"I know what's gonna happen. We'll wait until the last minute and then they'll say something like they couldn't get a deal done because of the cap or somebody pulled out at the last minute. It happens here all the time. I don't know why I'm surprised every year."

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his [Swearing was used] into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."

"He's scared. He's got no heart...Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn't have been here."

"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"Give me the ******* ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue

"I want to prove the critics wrong...I want to see some serious moves from management, which I really haven't seen that much of yet, and I want to see more serious attitudes from my teammates this year when it comes to the playoffs. In the past, it's been more or less a joking thing, sort of a 'Well, we're here, so let's have a good time.'"

"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting."

"I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is."

"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his [] out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley trade

"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

Those are some funny lines. I just cant believe he said them in public or to reporters.

I dont think he could get away with that now a days. With all the sports radio, Internet bloggers, ESPN 1 2 3 and ESPN news newspapers looking to take down any celebrity. I think he would have to calm that down. But its funny none the less

ARMIN12NBA
11-18-2008, 09:54 PM

Michael Jordan is a complete jerk. Imagine if he said these things in today's news world. He would be skewered. These days, players can't do or say a thing without being a villain. I also love how people completely forget how terrible of a teammate MJ was. This was the same guy that punched out his teammates in practice, people!

Draco
11-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Michael Jordan is a complete jerk. Imagine if he said these things in today's news world. He would be skewered. These days, players can't do or say a thing without being a villain. I also love how people completely forget how terrible of a teammate MJ was. This was the same guy that punched out his teammates in practice, people!

If you read quotes taken out of context anyone would think he was a jerk. He was tough. If he was a terrible teammate then the Bulls would never have had as much success as they did. That should go without having to write it. There's no denying that Mike was a bully. That was part of his leadership style and an aspect of his personality that was not unlike other great athletes in different trades; such as Bruce Lee.

Soto>Norris
11-18-2008, 10:11 PM
"Iverson: "If Coach tells you that I missed practice, then that's that. I may have missed one practice this year but if somebody says he missed one practice of all the practices this year, then that's enough to get a whole lot started. I told Coach Brown that you don't have to give the people of Philadelphia a reason to think about trading me or anything like that. If you trade somebody, you trade them to make the team better...simple as that. I'm cool with that. I'm all about that. The people in Philadelphia deserve to have a winner. It's simple as that. It goes further than that.

Reporter: "So you and coach Brown got caught up on Saturday about practice?"

Iverson: "If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. (laughter from the media crowd) We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about practice right now. (more laughter)

Reporter: "But it's an issue that your coach continues to raise?"

Iverson: "Hey I hear you, it's funny to me to, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about practice man, we're not even talking about the game, when it actually matters, we're talking about practice."

Reporter: "Is it possible that if you practiced, not you but you would make your teammates better?"

Iverson: "How in the hell can I make my teammates better by practicing?

Reporter: "So they can be used to playing with you."

Iverson: "They should be used to playing with me. Those are my teammates. So my game is going to deteriorate because I'm not practicing with my teammates? Is my game is going to get worse? I'm asking you, is my game going to get worse? So what about my game? Is my game going to get better because other players are hurt on my team, I mean, do that hurt me? Do you think that hurts me? I'm being honest, people are hurt on my team but do that hurt me? Does that hurt me when I go out there and play 48 minutes, does that hurt me as a player? Does that hurt me if this person is hurt or that person is hurt? Do it hurt me?

Reporter: "You don't need it as much as they do."

Iverson: "What do you mean by I don't need it as much?"

Reporter: "Because you're the superstar"

Iverson: "What do you mean I'm the superstar?"

Reporter: "Because you're better than they are. One of the best in the NBA."

Iverson: "So why are we talking about trade talk or there's a problem with me? No, I'm not obviously I'm not. You're contradicting yourself man. If I'm the superstar, then why is all this happening?" Why does my daughter have to deal with this? Why? I'm the franchise player. Why am I supposed to be having this meeting? Why am I talking to y'all about this?

Reporter: "You said that you and coach are on the same page but it does not sound like it?"

Iverson: "We are on the same page. We are. I'm upset because of one reason...we are in here. I lost my best friend, I lost this year (in the playoffs), I feel that everything is going downhill for me as far as my life.

I don't want to deal with this man, I don't want to go through this [expletive] man. This is where I want to be. I love this place, I love my teammates, I don't have any problems with Coach Brown at all. Coach Brown has problems with me as far as lifting...I do not know about this thing with practice because I have not been missing any practices."

Allen has always served as an inspiration for me:horse::puke::drool:.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2008, 11:24 PM

and the same teammates who did everything he said. The true reality of leadership, is getting the weak to follow you. MJ was the best in modern basketball by a total landslide. Whatever it takes to motivate, needs to be done. Results set winners apart from the whiners. That is why Kobe will never be MJ. His whines fall on deaf ears. If he wins 3 rings, then I will accept argument, maybe, that he belongs in MJ's realm. But his first 3 came as him being the clear cut 2nd best player. MJ's rings all came with him being numero uno.

Durant is hype
11-18-2008, 11:30 PM

- Doug Collins

You have a link on that I don't think any one would say something that idotic.

ARMIN12NBA
11-18-2008, 11:43 PM
and the same teammates who did everything he said. The true reality of leadership, is getting the weak to follow you. MJ was the best in modern basketball by a total landslide. Whatever it takes to motivate, needs to be done. Results set winners apart from the whiners. That is why Kobe will never be MJ. His whines fall on deaf ears. If he wins 3 rings, then I will accept argument, maybe, that he belongs in MJ's realm. But his first 3 came as him being the clear cut 2nd best player. MJ's rings all came with him being numero uno.

I wasn't comparing Kobe and MJ, but after I wrote that I knew somebody would bring up Kobe. I laughed at the result thing because MJ did some pretty serious whining before he won championships. He just needed time before he won his first ship. Give Kobe some time. It has only been three years. Also, whatever was needed to motivate? I'll remember that because I clearly remember saying that Kobe's harshness had nothing to do with Bynum's, Farmar's, and Vujacic's improvement even though the three said so themselves. Double standard...

LAKERS 24/7
11-19-2008, 01:10 AM
You have a link on that I don't think any one would say something that idotic.

http://www.dumb-quotes.com/

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/o/oscarrober292581.html

guess you were wrong

TEJ
11-19-2008, 02:51 AM
AMARE:

“We're getting the ring this year, ... I'm carrying my load and anybody else's that needs me to.”

Hellcrooner
11-19-2008, 04:57 AM
Doug Moe used to bring dozens of memorable Phrases in every press conference when he was nuggets manager, but i cant find them now.

Some help form veteran nuggets fans? Denbutsu???

JayW_1023
11-19-2008, 05:52 AM
Bill Walton: The Big Hyperbole

Shaq: The Big Quotable

junion
11-19-2008, 07:04 AM
in today's game against the bulls, kobe was joking around with ariza, and he said something like, '..you shoulda yelled louder... you know like when you yell when you bust that one good nut...'

i was laughing.

Rome
11-19-2008, 07:57 AM

I also like that one alot.

6,4,1 are funny here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWqPnEGzfK8

funny Diesel here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5gTZjuo0rc&feature=related

One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
-- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds.
-- Wilt Chamberlain
“Me shooting 40% at the foul line is just God’s way to say nobody’s perfect.”
--Shaquille O’Neal

“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”
--Michael Jordan

Few good ones i found.