PDA

View Full Version : If every player in the NBA was in their prime today, who would be the best team?

Duncan = Donkey
11-17-2008, 08:53 PM
If every player in the NBA was in there prime, who would be the best team?

MiamiHeat
11-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Boston KG Allen Pierce :hide:
Suns would be pretty good Shaq and Amare then add Nash :ohno:

Duncan = Donkey
11-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Boston KG Allen Pierce :hide:
Suns would be pretty good Shaq and Amare then add Nash :ohno:

dont forget grant hill before he got injured

MiamiHeat
11-17-2008, 08:57 PM
^ oh yeah
damn pretty good team there

Durant is hype
11-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Suns

Lakers4ItAll
11-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Suns
Spurs
Detriot
Celtics

daleja424
11-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Zo, Wade, Beasley, Marion, Livingston would be down right fun to watch...

SeoulBeatz
11-17-2008, 09:21 PM
are you kidding me?

It's EASILY the suns.

PG: Steve Nash (MVP in prime)
SG: Raja Bell (lockdown defender in prime)
SF: Grant Hill (Averaged 25, 7, 7, 2, 1) in prime
PF: Amare Stoudemire (we all know how good he is)
C: Shaq (the most physically dominant center in NBA history)

i know u made this thread just to hype up ur suns team, good job lol

MiamiHeat
11-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Zo, Wade, Beasley, Marion, Livingston would be down right fun to watch...

Jamaal Magloire was an allstar too
and Blount was a beast :p (jk)

_Sn1P3r_
11-17-2008, 09:24 PM
When you think about it, Suns would be crazy.

unwantedplayer
11-17-2008, 09:25 PM
suns, maybe lakers, dont want kobe scoring 81 on a team again :ohno:

Lakers4ItAll
Neither were ever that good....

Jamaal Magloire was an allstar too
and Blount was a beast :p (jk)

MiamiHeat
When you think about it, Suns would be crazy.

thank god they aren't in their primes :)
they would easily dominate the NBA for a few years

sp1derm00
11-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Lakers would be competitive...

Kobe
Pau
Odom
Bynum (in his Prime, if he improves, would be a pretty big defensive presence imo)
Ariza (his improvement this year is VERY promising and so far, has been imo, our 3rd best player so far this season)
Farmar
Radman (I consider his prime to be when he played for the Clippers, knocking down big shots and turning the tides of the game... not right now)
Mihm (healthy, he'd start for a lot of teams in the NBA)

The Suns would be close to unstoppable.

MiamiHeat
11-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Neither were ever that good....

I know but Magloire would be a decent backup
fk Blount

DocUSN
11-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Homer thread.

alexander_37
11-17-2008, 09:28 PM
rockets i didnt mean they are hands down just putting it out there that they would be very good

tmac
yao
artest
stevie franchise
battier
alston
barry
mutumbo hopefully soon

Mile High Champ
11-17-2008, 09:29 PM
its for sure the suns...

Duncan = Donkey
11-17-2008, 09:45 PM
oh yeah the rockets would be crazy as well completley forgot about mutumbo and francis

Hawkeye15
11-17-2008, 09:47 PM
are you kidding???? Boston in a landslide.

LeBrowns
11-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Suns by far, then the Celtics

NYY NYJ NYK
11-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Boston and Suns

ARMIN12NBA
11-17-2008, 10:03 PM
are you kidding???? Boston in a landslide.

Shaq. Nash. Hill. Amare. I say Suns. Shaq was a 30 and 14 dominant guy. Amare is a 25 and 11 guy. Nash was an 18 and 12 (assists) guy. Hill was a 25 and 7 and 6 guy. How is Boston better in a landslide? Shaq would kill Perkins. Amare would be lesser than KG, but close enough to stay competitive. Hill and Pierce would be even in their prime. Raja was a lockdown defender in his prime and could probably take Allen and slow him down. Nash would embarrass Rondo.

ShaunRiching9
11-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Celtics
Suns
Boring team
Pistons

rosesbulls
11-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Suns
C's
Rockets

Hawkeye15
11-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Shaq. Nash. Hill. Amare. I say Suns. Shaq was a 30 and 14 dominant guy. Amare is a 25 and 11 guy. Nash was an 18 and 12 (assists) guy. Hill was a 25 and 7 and 6 guy. How is Boston better in a landslide? Shaq would kill Perkins. Amare would be lesser than KG, but close enough to stay competitive. Hill and Pierce would be even in their prime. Raja was a lockdown defender in his prime and could probably take Allen and slow him down. Nash would embarrass Rondo.

I guess. I will take Boston, you take the Suns. Their defense would still be pathetic. But I can agree, that Shaq would be a huge difference. Amare? He is in his prime, KG has him easy.

Theanswer76
11-17-2008, 10:20 PM
spurs, pistons, suns

val_modus
11-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Celtics: the big 3 were all franchise players in their primes
Suns: pure dominance i think they would be the best, Shaq, Amare, Nash, and Hill?!?!?!
Rockets: McGrady in his Orlando years, Artest in his DPOY year, Mutumbo, Yao, and Franchise would all make for a nasty team matching maybe the Suns.
Those i think are the 3 best

Raps18-19 Champ
11-17-2008, 10:40 PM
OKC Thunder would kill them all

lol but its the suns

2 former MVPs(Shaquille O'neal, Steve Nash)
1 future MVP(Amar'e Stoudimire)
2 of the most versitle players in prime(Boris Diaw and Grant Hill)
2 of the better shooters in the league(Raja Bell, Leandro Barbosa)

No one would be about to stop Shaq and Nash would probably have like 20+ assist with the feeds down low to Shaq, alleys to Amar'e, passes to the slashing Grant Hill and passes to 2 of the better 3 point shooters in Bell and Barbosa

Plus they would have Lopez who is a rugged center and Barnes who is almost like a lesser Grant

BRADfromOZ
11-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Phoenix , Cleveland, San Antonio and Dallas are my picks. Suns an easy first pick.

NFLNBA
11-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Suns easy! Shaq is the most dominate player to ever play this game, Hill was a beast, Nash is....well still nash, Amare, but because of shaq they would be unstoppable

val_modus
11-17-2008, 10:58 PM
ok my bad i didnt pay attention to the other teams, heres my list in order
Suns easily the best, Shaq, Nash, Amare, Hill, and company would score 200 ppg

Rockets next with McGrady in his once great Orlando days, Yao in his solid form, Artest in his DPOY years, Franchise runnin the point in his franchise days, Mutumbo guarding the paint with his record setting defensive stats, Barry hittin threes, and Alston skipping up the court lol

Boston is already great, imagine if the big 3 was in their prime? man they would be the best 3some in the league

Spurs have bunch of vets who are well past their prime, forget Finley was once a 20+ppg guy? a starting five of Parker, Ginobili, Finley, Duncan, and Kurt thomas all in their primes would be title worthy

Dallas is surprisingly impressive, forget about Kidd and Stackhouse who would be considered a 1 2 punch in the 90s, add on Dirk, Josh Howard, Devean George, and other guys they gotta make this list

HeatFan
11-18-2008, 12:29 AM
I have the Suns vs. the Celtics in the Finals with the Suns winning (only because of Shaq).

Cassell v. Nash - If we are talking about their prime, you can clearly make an argument that Cassell should win this battle. Neither play much defense which cancels each other out. However, if we look back to Nash during his prime, he wasn't all that much of a player. He was a backup point guard to Jason Kidd and then Stephon Marbury in Phoenix and later got recognition in Dallas. (not as much as his MVP seasons in Phoenix which came post 30's, not prime). Also, Cassell is such a clutch player, which Nash has yet to prove, that the NBA finals jitters would be a walk in the park.

Allen v. Bell - Bell is definitely a good defender. However, Allen's game is not like Kobe, Wade and James. His game is more long range and drives to the basket off double teams (which Pierce and Garnett both require during their prime). This is an easy one. Allen wins. This makes the battle 2-0.

Pierce v. Hill - I can't really say that this is an easy choice because its been so long since Hill played with the Pistons that really grasping the effect a healthy and young Hill would have is difficult to define. However, this might be a push had it not been because of his lack of shooting range which is a MUST when you play small forward with Shaq (see Rick Fox, Devean George, Robert Horry, James Posey, Jason Kapono, etc.) This is a slight advantage to Pierce just because he can shoot from anywhere in the court in addition to his driving abilities and playmaking abilities. 3-0.

Garnett v. Stoudamire - This one is probably the most difficult of all and definitely the most entertaining. You can classify this matchup as an absolute stud. However, what has Garnett proved that Stoudamire hasn't? Please see the definition of MVP. Inspite of the MVP this matchup has convincing arguments on both ends. Therefore, this is a push. Still 3-0.

Perkins v. O'Neal - this one isn't really fair and even today, you can still conclude that O'neal wins this matchup. If you add the fact that its a 2001 or 2002 Shaq, its just horrible what would happen to Perkins. Probably, he would be in Foul trouble all game long and eventually Boston would have to use all their PFs and Centers. Even if Shaq gets 50 free throws, he'll get a large amount of easy baskets and will still require enough double, triple quadruple (probably even the coach would have to defend) teams that Nash and Bell would have a field day shooting three's. If they make their three's, its game over. So, although my analysis was 3-0 Boston, the truth is that the "Prime" Shaq effect is enough for a 4-3 Phoenix advantage. (please note that this is only under the presumption that officials will call games just like they did during the Shaq "prime" years)

Sorry I took so long but it kind of makes sense. Don't you think?

cahawk
11-18-2008, 12:36 AM
Phoenix Suns.......easily.

Shaq, Nash, Grant Hill & Amare

Duncan = Donkey
11-18-2008, 12:39 AM
I have the Suns vs. the Celtics in the Finals with the Suns winning (only because of Shaq).

Cassell v. Nash - If we are talking about their prime, you can clearly make an argument that Cassell should win this battle. Neither play much defense which cancels each other out. However, if we look back to Nash during his prime, he wasn't all that much of a player. He was a backup point guard to Jason Kidd and then Stephon Marbury in Phoenix and later got recognition in Dallas. (not as much as his MVP seasons in Phoenix which came post 30's, not prime). Also, Cassell is such a clutch player, which Nash has yet to prove, that the NBA finals jitters would be a walk in the park.

Allen v. Bell - Bell is definitely a good defender. However, Allen's game is not like Kobe, Wade and James. His game is more long range and drives to the basket off double teams (which Pierce and Garnett both require during their prime). This is an easy one. Allen wins. This makes the battle 2-0.

Pierce v. Hill - I can't really say that this is an easy choice because its been so long since Hill played with the Pistons that really grasping the effect a healthy and young Hill would have is difficult to define. However, this might be a push had it not been because of his lack of shooting range which is a MUST when you play small forward with Shaq (see Rick Fox, Devean George, Robert Horry, James Posey, Jason Kapono, etc.) This is a slight advantage to Pierce just because he can shoot from anywhere in the court in addition to his driving abilities and playmaking abilities. 3-0.

Garnett v. Stoudamire - This one is probably the most difficult of all and definitely the most entertaining. You can classify this matchup as an absolute stud. However, what has Garnett proved that Stoudamire hasn't? Please see the definition of MVP. Inspite of the MVP this matchup has convincing arguments on both ends. Therefore, this is a push. Still 3-0.

Perkins v. O'Neal - this one isn't really fair and even today, you can still conclude that O'neal wins this matchup. If you add the fact that its a 2001 or 2002 Shaq, its just horrible what would happen to Perkins. Probably, he would be in Foul trouble all game long and eventually Boston would have to use all their PFs and Centers. Even if Shaq gets 50 free throws, he'll get a large amount of easy baskets and will still require enough double, triple quadruple (probably even the coach would have to defend) teams that Nash and Bell would have a field day shooting three's. If they make their three's, its game over. So, although my analysis was 3-0 Boston, the truth is that the "Prime" Shaq effect is enough for a 4-3 Phoenix advantage. (please note that this is only under the presumption that officials will call games just like they did during the Shaq "prime" years)

Sorry I took so long but it kind of makes sense. Don't you think?

:laugh::laugh:

Duncan = Donkey
11-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Steve Nash in his prime was 1000 times better than that fukin alien

DrDEADalready
11-18-2008, 12:47 AM
In there prime, with the same players they have now. By far that would be the Suns. yeah that would be a way scarey team. Shaq back in his prime. would dominate who evers team he was on. add in Amare and Nash. I wouldnt want want to mess with them

Lakersfan2483
11-18-2008, 03:03 AM
Phoenix would be the best team

thesparky33
11-18-2008, 03:17 AM
I know the Suns would win, but the Mavs have a pretty good squad with Kidd, Stackhouse, Dirk, and Dampier was even solid in his prime...

amare#1
11-18-2008, 03:46 AM
Suns easily.

Lone Maverick
11-18-2008, 04:22 AM
Not in order but...
-the Suns are easily first
- Rockets
- Mavericks
- Spurs
- Celtics

pretty good top 5

theuuord
11-18-2008, 12:06 PM
However, if we look back to Nash during his prime, he wasn't all that much of a player. He was a backup point guard to Jason Kidd and then Stephon Marbury in Phoenix and later got recognition in Dallas. (not as much as his MVP seasons in Phoenix which came post 30's, not prime).

That's not how you look at prime.

DenButsu
11-18-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't know if they'd take the Suns, but the Pistons are the most compelling answer to me.

AI in his prime, and Sheed.

I wanna include Dice, too, because they're pretty much pulling a Brent Barry with him anyways. That'd be a fun team to watch... still will be this season as it is, though.

JonnyBrav000
11-18-2008, 12:53 PM
detriot

JayW_1023
11-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Grant Hill in his prime was near LeBron-esque level...with prime Nash as a Bob Cousy level playmaker, a prime Shaq as the most dominant player and STAT...this team would win over 70 games for sure.

Mets4Life101
11-18-2008, 03:16 PM
the suns would be great

Robbie7138
11-18-2008, 03:30 PM
id ahve to go with the suns
mainly because of shaq

spurs should get some love too

leftymo
11-18-2008, 04:52 PM
I think everyone would be quick to say Suns (Shaq / Amare / Nash / Hill) would be unbelievable.

Boston with KG / Pierce / Allen / Cassell would also be fantastic, although three of them are still in their prime!

Even Detroit would be good. Cleveland with two allstar centers ( Ben Wallace & Zydrunas) and the other allstar Wally.

But I'll go with a team most wouldn't pick. Because so many of their guys aren't in their prime yet. LA Lakers. Kobe / Odom / Pau in their prime, added to guys like Farmar / Sasha / Bynum / Ariza who haven't entered their prime yet, and then follow that up with solid guy like Fisher.

Spurs also get consideration with Finley in his prime added to the current group.

NYK09
11-18-2008, 05:18 PM
suns. not even close. grant hill shaq and nash. r u kidding me

wwwhat
11-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Portland. Once they reach their prime this team'll be deadly. But they're unlikely to stay together much longer. I don't think that they could beat the Suns, but they'd be a pretty deadly team.

DreamShaker
11-18-2008, 05:35 PM
The Suns....Shaq at his peak with Grant Hill and Nash.....Bell and Amare as well....

sp1derm00
11-18-2008, 05:43 PM
It's kinda hard to say that the Suns wouldn't be the frontrunner.

Shaq in his prime would make Dwight look like a little girl.

Amare is amazing playing alongside Shaq right now, imagine him playing with Shaq in his Prime, who DEMANDED double teams.

Hill in his prime was downright amazing and could probably give players like Kobe and Wade a run for their money in his better days.

Nash... someone said that Cassell in his prime would beat Nash in his prime because Nash in his prime wasn't as good as Nash when he got older. Wouldn't it make sense to label his MVP years as his prime years? Those years, Nash was considered the best PG in the league, something Cassell would probably never aspire to.

Now imagine all of them working together.

Hell, Shaq and Kobe did it with role players 3 times in a row... Shaq and Hill would be semi-comparable... but with Nash and Amare, c'mon now... really... c'mon...

The Celtics' Big 3 right now are more or less in their prime right now... Ray Allen might be declining a bit, but that's about it... and it took them a TON of games to win the championship. It's in my eyes not even a comparison.

king4day
11-18-2008, 05:50 PM
If every player in the NBA was in there prime, who would be the best team?

Nevermind that the Suns would be really good.
This is a damn good thread idea.

Spurs
Aside from the big 3 we're lookin at Kurt Thomas and Finley as well.

Mavs with Kidd

Suns of course.

Boston would be even more lethal.

Pistons with AI, watch out

metsnetsjets215
11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
The New Jersey Nets... If you look forward to all the potential on thier team, and look forward to every player on the team's prime you could get one awesome team. BUT WHO AM I KIDDING :laugh: THE SUNS AND CELTICS WOULD KILL EVERYONE!

JayW_1023
11-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Dallas with Kidd, Stackhouse and Dirk in their prime would be tough too...Josh Howard as your fourth option ain't bad.

tonyd3b54
11-18-2008, 06:16 PM
celtics would also have cassel in his prime

Testaverde16
11-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Suns

then spurs and celtics would battle for the 2 spot

sugarrayray
11-18-2008, 06:32 PM

ahh raja could take ray in prime??? your done

Duncan = Donkey
11-18-2008, 07:06 PM
im not saying the cavs are the best, but theyd have an alright team
pg - mo williams 17 & 6 guy
sg - wally / great 3 shooter and solid scorer back in the day
sf - lebron
pf - big ben / 4 time dpoy
c - ilgauskas/ solid center in his prime

they arnt the best but thats a solid team

Hawkeye15
11-18-2008, 07:36 PM
It's kinda hard to say that the Suns wouldn't be the frontrunner.

Shaq in his prime would make Dwight look like a little girl.

Amare is amazing playing alongside Shaq right now, imagine him playing with Shaq in his Prime, who DEMANDED double teams.

Hill in his prime was downright amazing and could probably give players like Kobe and Wade a run for their money in his better days.

Nash... someone said that Cassell in his prime would beat Nash in his prime because Nash in his prime wasn't as good as Nash when he got older. Wouldn't it make sense to label his MVP years as his prime years? Those years, Nash was considered the best PG in the league, something Cassell would probably never aspire to.

Now imagine all of them working together.

Hell, Shaq and Kobe did it with role players 3 times in a row... Shaq and Hill would be semi-comparable... but with Nash and Amare, c'mon now... really... c'mon...

The Celtics' Big 3 right now are more or less in their prime right now... Ray Allen might be declining a bit, but that's about it... and it took them a TON of games to win the championship. It's in my eyes not even a comparison.

The Celtics big 3 are not in their prime. Pierce may still be close, but KG, and Allen are shells of what they were, and that isn't just the fact that they have talent now. Ray Allen went thru stretches where he was completely unstoppable. That happens once every 10 games now. KG led the entire NBA in points and rebounds, and was a rebounding champ year after year, not happening any more. And I forgot about Cassell. Throw him in from 2003, and what team beats these 4 in their prime?? None. Suns don't have the defense outside Shaq.

Duncan = Donkey
11-19-2008, 03:40 AM
The Celtics big 3 are not in their prime. Pierce may still be close, but KG, and Allen are shells of what they were, and that isn't just the fact that they have talent now. Ray Allen went thru stretches where he was completely unstoppable. That happens once every 10 games now. KG led the entire NBA in points and rebounds, and was a rebounding champ year after year, not happening any more. And I forgot about Cassell. Throw him in from 2003, and what team beats these 4 in their prime?? None. Suns don't have the defense outside Shaq.

u honestly think the celts would beat the suns?

cahawk
11-19-2008, 05:25 AM
Suns easily.
Can you imagine an unselfish playmaker like Nash with Shaq in their prime.
In fact Nash in prime would have been lots better for Shaq than kobe was.

Ansy
11-19-2008, 06:45 AM
It's got to be the Suns.

DocUSN
11-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Some teams that would be intresting you have yet to mention

New York
Starbury
Randolph
Crawford
Qrich
Far from the best but intresting.

Clippers
BD
Camby
Kamen
Mobley
Tim Thomas
Al Thorton
Rickey Davis
Another intresting team

Rome
11-19-2008, 07:26 AM
are you kidding me?

It's EASILY the suns.

PG: Steve Nash (MVP in prime)
SG: Raja Bell (lockdown defender in prime)
SF: Grant Hill (Averaged 25, 7, 7, 2, 1) in prime
PF: Amare Stoudemire (we all know how good he is)
C: Shaq (the most physically dominant center in NBA history)

i know u made this thread just to hype up ur suns team, good job lol

Haha easily. And if ya throw in Boris when he won most improved and Barbs when he won sixth man your set. Barnes a couple seasons ago.... you get the idea :dance:

DocUSN
11-19-2008, 07:28 AM
The bobcats, thier owner would be in his prime too. MJ baby!!!

agobbi17
11-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Garnett, Shaq Daddy.

wolf3742
11-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Suns would be that team... who will be able to guard Shaq? plus you have Amare and Nash, Hill or Bell can easily shoot three pointers if Shaq is double teamed.... Having a prime Shaq is something to be feared and you pair him up with a prime Nash, Hill and Amare. The story is over, I doubt if any other team can get a championship

Kn1cks20
11-19-2008, 01:54 PM
How about memphis?

Jaji
11-19-2008, 02:37 PM
I guess the Suns but is that a good thing? All that means is they have a bunch of over-the-hill players.

Tblaze
11-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Portland!!! :P, just wait for all those young players to be in their primes (H)

hotpotato1092
11-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Imagine a suns-lakers game. Fisher-Kobe-Odom-Gasol-Bynum prime vs Nash-Bell-Hill-Amare-Shaq. Wow. What would the final in that game be, 155-153? Anyway we can do a simulation of this?

nik.jd.aitken
11-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Suns hands down.

kbaxter34
11-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Suns not even close. Next is a toss up with Boston and Houston.
Shaq - most dominating center ever
Grant Hill - Mr. Tripple Double
Nash - droppin 20 and 12
Amare - 25 and 9

Thats a sick lineup

superkegger
11-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Dallas would be pretty bomb. Kidd, Dirk, Stack(won 2 scoring titles, Terry, youd have erick dampier for the one year where he was actually good, a young terry and a lockdown defender in george.

Suns would be tough though for sure, A prime Shaq and Amare is beastly beyond belief. Completely unstoppable.

G-Funk
12-06-2008, 01:32 AM
it's hard to count a team in like the Lakers or Blazers we don't know how good most of the players will be at their prime.

$KnicksAndKobe$
12-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Well Lakers would have Kobe06 ...

But Suns would sweep the NBA easily ...

IversonIsKrazy
12-06-2008, 01:42 AM
lets c.

Suns, Pistons, Spurs, Celtics

Suns: Shaq in his prime w/ hill STAT, and nash.
Pistons: AI took a talentless philly 2 the finals, he would have sheed, tay and rip in their primes.
Spurs: Best PF of all time, ginobili & parker. remember how good finley was 2.
Celtics: KG, Ray, Pierce

G-Funk
12-06-2008, 02:22 AM
Spurs would be great!

Ginobli
Parker
Duncan
Horry
Bowen
Finley

Frrrrank!!!
12-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Steve Nash in his prime was 1000 times better than that fukin alien

lmao, always puts a smile on my face when someone says sam i am's nickname. :laugh:

codes238
12-06-2008, 12:13 PM
you just cant really go against the suns in this one, the staring lineup of shaq from 6 years back, amare in a couple of years, nash from 2006, raja from 2006 and hill before the injuries is ridiculously good... any time you have 4 hall-of-famers in their primes on one team youre gonna destroy people!

codes238
12-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Spurs would be great!

Ginobli
Parker
Duncan
Horry
Bowen
Finley

actually youre right the spurs would be crazy too: people forget how good michael finley was in his prime, the staring line-up of duncan, thomas, finley, bowen and parker would be amazing and complement each other perfectly and the bench would be even better with ginobli and horry subbing in

Yogi
12-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Wizards man.

andybauer91
12-06-2008, 01:03 PM
the knicks

andybauer91
12-06-2008, 01:04 PM
marbury- AMAZING one of the best point guards in league
Quentin RIchardson- Best 3 point shooter in league
Eddy Curry- DOminant 20 point center
AL harrington- dominant 20 10 foward
Lee- 15 and 10 guy

LMFAO NO IM JKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!

IndyRealist
12-06-2008, 01:49 PM
You can't really "upsize" players who haven't reached their primes yet because you don't know if they've capped out or not, so you'd really have to consider this year their best year. That eliminates teams like Portland, unfortunately.

The Rockets have several aged veterans on their bench who were monsters in their day. Steve Francis was a 20 and 6 guy once upon a time. T-mac is a shade of his former self in Orlando, and he's still a top 30 guy now. Even Brent Barry was a 15/5/5 guy at one point. Mutombo led the 8th seed Nuggets past the #1 seed in the playoffs. Twice. He was one of the greatest defensive centers ever. Now put that on top of Yao, Artest, Battier, Alston, Landry and Brooks.

The Suns: any team with a 20-something Shaq is a contender. Add a 20ppg Grant Hill from his Detriot days, a MVP Nash, and the current Stoudamire? Their starting five is better but I just don't think they go as deep as the Rockets.

The Celtics would still have an awesome trio with Garnett, Pierce and Allen, and then you add this year's Rondo? Not bad at all. Unfortunately they're not deep. The Rockets would have two all-stars and a total of four starters coming off the bench. Yes, if the Rockets played a 9 man rotation, they'd all be starting caliber.

The Spurs would have a monster Duncan, a finals MVP Parker, a healthy Ginobili, a lockdown Bowen and a 20ppg Finley. But again, who comes off the bench for them? This year's Roger Mason.

Oh, just thought I'd add that Al Harrington has never averaged more than 7 rebounds in a season. Just sayin'. Love big Al, but a dominant rebounder he is not.

Also, didn't Robert Horry retire?

gangis2169
12-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Lakers:

Shaq
Kobe
Payton
Malone?????

That is a crazy team

The Answer3
12-06-2008, 04:09 PM
The Suns would be 1 of the greatest teams of all time. That's a dynasty right there. Prime Nash, Prime Hill, Prime Shaq. An amazing PF in Amare. Game over for the rest of the league.

heatwade09
12-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Heat would be pretty damn good.

Chalmers is pretty damn good this year and will be amazing come a couple year from now.
Wade is wade
Marion is a great hustle and talented player
Beasley is amazing
Haslem is pretty good.

Good but the suns would straight up dominate. Shaq and Amare = scary

DrDEADalready
12-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Who'ever had Shaq on there team would win. hands down. He was just unstoppable in his prime

KB24PG16
12-06-2008, 07:01 PM
a lot of players still not even their primes so its hard like the blazers could be best if oden becomes what we think he will be and roy could be a mvp type guy