MiamiHeat
11-17-2008, 08:24 PM
:laugh2:

ink
11-17-2008, 08:31 PM
This is overdue.

cubulls
11-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Good. That piece of **** deserves it. Hopefully he gets a few more or a knuckle sandwich.

stevefrancis
11-17-2008, 08:36 PM
finally he got the boot should have been suspended in the playoffs after pushing refs.

Lakersfan2483
11-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Good, he should sit out after that garbage he pulled this weekend.

JJ_JKidd
11-17-2008, 08:51 PM
The Knicks? Okay... Nice timing Mr. Stern...

Giannis94
11-17-2008, 08:56 PM
good, but why the hell did bogut get a t? Watch the reply he didnt do anything

superkegger
11-17-2008, 09:03 PM
seems about right.

KobeIs
11-17-2008, 09:03 PM

:censored:

_Sn1P3r_
11-17-2008, 09:10 PM

Haha, truesay.

Kings Faithful
11-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Hey, give the Knicks some respect, they are playing fine basketball. Wouldn't be surprised to see them beat the Celtics without Garnett on the Floor honestly.

unwantedplayer
11-17-2008, 09:23 PM
I love how all the Laker fans are posting **** about him. You guys are still mad that the underdogs beat you?

MiamiHeat
11-17-2008, 09:24 PM
^ how were they the underdogs?
weren't they suppose to win the championship...
win or nothing mentality

Spurred1
11-17-2008, 09:36 PM
I love how all the Laker fans are posting **** about him. You guys are still mad that the underdogs beat you?
Not all people posting are Laker fans,though. It would be interesting if the Knicks actually beat them.
Some odd posts from another site from Celtic fans who feel Stern is out to get the Celtics and this is one way of doing so...which makes no sense to me.

JordansBulls
11-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Who do they next.

WSU Tony
11-17-2008, 09:41 PM
This is overdue.

You're right. He's changed since he's left Minnesota, that's for sure.

OrderOfCook
11-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Long overdue. KG has changed his style of play from being an intense hall-of-famer to being Latrell Spreewell on some of his calmer days. There has been 4 or 5 times over the past few games where he has literally shouted and complained to referees until they overturned the call. Let me make this clear, they did not just force a make-up call soon-after, they stopped play and got together and straight over-turned the call at KG's request. Never in my basketball watching life have I seen a superstar be so disrespectful towards the referees. I would venture to say Kobe Bryant (and I'm not a Lakers fan, I'm a Raptors fan) does the best job of realizing he deserves preferential treatment because he is who he is but not becoming a dick about it. KG long held that balance as well, but lately it has slipped.

That said, KG has always been one of my favourite players but if you take my respect level for him when he left the T-Wolves at 100, I would say he's done a great job of tearing that down to about a 47 at this point.

mjt20mik
11-17-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm glad the NBA is finally man-ing up.

ARMIN12NBA
11-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Long overdue. KG has changed his style of play from being an intense hall-of-famer to being Latrell Spreewell on some of his calmer days. There has been 4 or 5 times over the past few games where he has literally shouted and complained to referees until they overturned the call. Let me make this clear, they did not just force a make-up call soon-after, they stopped play and got together and straight over-turned the call at KG's request. Never in my basketball watching life have I seen a superstar be so disrespectful towards the referees. I would venture to say Kobe Bryant (and I'm not a Lakers fan, I'm a Raptors fan) does the best job of realizing he deserves preferential treatment because he is who he is but not becoming a dick about it. KG long held that balance as well, but lately it has slipped.

That said, KG has always been one of my favourite players but if you take my respect level for him when he left the T-Wolves at 100, I would say he's done a great job of tearing that down to about a 47 at this point.

Agreed. KG has turned into an arrogant prick. I have never seen such disrespect to the officials, players, and fans. This guy is a complete joke. What he did to Jose Calderon was awful. Why would he do that? He is an attention whore. Plain and simple. I doubt he is like this in real life. He just needs and craves the attention so he acts like a complete fool and people call that intensity. Yah right. He also pushes and shoves and acts like he has the right to do so. Not to mention all the illegal screens he pulls all day long and when he gets called on it on the sixth time, he goes ballistic. He should get more than a one game suspension, but it is at least something.

Goon.Weezy
11-17-2008, 10:11 PM
this is wht this PUNDAI....PAY PUNDAI deserves....he thinks he is above the (basketball) law but he ain't..doin whtever he wants

JC_
11-17-2008, 10:14 PM
It'll give him some extra rest before they play Detroit on Thursday.

WSU Tony
11-17-2008, 10:17 PM

I don't think that was the point of the suspension. :speechless:

JordansBulls
11-17-2008, 10:19 PM

But he needs to calm down otherwise it could cost him later on.

tonyd3b54
11-17-2008, 10:48 PM
y is it no matter who it is they are hated once they come to boston? kg is no different than he always was...u guys just notice it more now that hes winning while doing it... but u all loved it when he was in minnesota...it was wow kg is the most intense guy ive ever seen i sure do admire him for that, now that hes in boston its oh no hes out of control suspend his selfish ***...its hilarious...

JC_
11-17-2008, 10:56 PM
I don't think that was the point of the suspension. :speechless:

Honestly, I don't think missing 1 game against the Knicks is going to do anything but give him some extra rest.. unless the Knicks win of course. If that happends then I think maybe he'll feel a bit bad.

ARMIN12NBA
11-17-2008, 10:57 PM
y is it no matter who it is they are hated once they come to boston? kg is no different than he always was...u guys just notice it more now that hes winning while doing it... but u all loved it when he was in minnesota...it was wow kg is the most intense guy ive ever seen i sure do admire him for that, now that hes in boston its oh no hes out of control suspend his selfish ***...its hilarious...

I have always hated his act, but it has gone to extreme levels as of late. It has gone from intensity to craziness.

SensandRaps
11-17-2008, 10:58 PM
honestly kg has turned into a *** after winning the championship when it was pierces hard work that got them that far

nygiants242
11-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Good.

Lakers4ItAll
11-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Man there sure is alot of Hate for KG

op12
11-17-2008, 11:05 PM
im sure this make everyone happy. let it go, this is only new because it is kg and the celtics. everybody hates the team that is winning, that is why there are so many celtic and laker haters. so he got a little heated a couple of times. bogut did come down a little hard, not to say kg didnt overreact, but these type plays happen every night and its not news.

KmB728
11-17-2008, 11:15 PM
i love how all of you guys hate KG all of a sudden

Mr.Grizzly
11-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Good he should have gotten that after the raptors game! ***** Garnett sucks he doesnt have class.!!!

Mr.Grizzly
11-17-2008, 11:19 PM
KG The BIG ********!!!

JC_
11-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Man there sure is alot of Hate for KG

lol it is partly the fault of the refs. He's been getting away with a lot of questionable **** this season and if the refs made the calls when they should people probably wouldn't have an issue.

Boston play the Raptors in Toronto on the 23rd and I have a feeling KG will be getting the vince carter treatment and possibly worse if he starts any ****.

still1ballin
11-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Nice

cahawk
11-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Yep, laker fans sour grapes.

Laker's had the most talent in the NBA last year & again this year.
And all laker board did was make fun of the Celts & Eastern conference last year.

JordansBulls
11-18-2008, 01:01 AM

And all laker board did was make fun of the Celts & Eastern conference last year.

I do remember many were saying the Celtics only beat Detroit because Billups was hurt and then when the Celtics won it all many changed and said the Celtics picked it up and started playing better when they were playing Detroit.

still1ballin
11-18-2008, 01:14 AM

WTH are you talking about? Most talent? To start the season lakers basically had the same exact team as the previous years. It was only when in the middle of the season they acquired but even then Bynum was out.

op12
11-18-2008, 02:46 PM

WTH are you talking about? Most talent? To start the season lakers basically had the same exact team as the previous years. It was only when in the middle of the season they acquired but even then Bynum was out.

well that move was last year, right? so i think that is a fair statement.

Wilson
11-18-2008, 09:14 PM
BOSTON -- Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers wasn't too happy about being forced to play without All-Star Kevin Garnett against the New York Knicks.

Garnett was suspended for one game for hitting Milwaukee's Andrew Bogut in the face near the end of Saturday's game.

"I was surprised. I thought it was a ridiculous suspension," Rivers said before Tuesday night's game against the Knicks. "I just want more consistency from our league."

Rivers said Garnett was hit in the face twice from the side and he flailed out an arm as a reflex.

"I guess that constitutes a punch," the coach said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3711537

I don't really understand how Rivers could be upset. Garnett went for a players face, in todays NBA that always gonna be a suspension. Plus, it's not like they've kept Garnett out of a huge game or anything...

philab
11-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Agreed. KG has turned into an arrogant prick. I have never seen such disrespect to the officials, players, and fans. This guy is a complete joke. What he did to Jose Calderon was awful. Why would he do that? He is an attention whore. Plain and simple. I doubt he is like this in real life. He just needs and craves the attention so he acts like a complete fool and people call that intensity. Yah right. He also pushes and shoves and acts like he has the right to do so. Not to mention all the illegal screens he pulls all day long and when he gets called on it on the sixth time, he goes ballistic. He should get more than a one game suspension, but it is at least something.

I wish I could frame this post and send it to every referee and ESPN personality.

The illegal screens and cheap tricks (e.g. holding, grabbing, etc., otherwise known as "fouls") drive me nuts. I used to love KG, especially when he played with Marbury. Now I can't stand him.

The head-banging against the padding and talking to himself is all just whoring for attention and ESPN just ATE THAT **** UP last year. It was ridiculous -- they just couldn't stop talking about him.

(On an aside: ESPN doesn't even pretend not to have a love affair with Boston. Last year, the Patriots had their own category on the ticker after two wins. This year? Titans are 10-0, and there's hardly any talk of it.)

The guy needs to just shut up and play again. The media made him think he's bigger than Jesus, and now he acts like it. The refs let him and the Celtics play like they're above the rules pretty often, too.

And to all Celtics fans: Yes, I am jealous. I am jealous of the treatment Boston gets from the refs and from ESPN. I would love for my team to get that treatment.

Randy West
11-18-2008, 10:29 PM
I think Paul Pierce has rubbed off on KG

Paul always acts like a little ghetto punk..........untill he gets shanked seven or eight times