PDA

View Full Version : 18 Teams Could Sign LeBron To Max Contract In 2010

phlp_bj
11-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Research and projections done by The Plain Dealer reveals that currently there are 18 teams in position to offer LeBron James a maximum contract in July 2010. This list of 18 remains fluid and can change over the next year and a half.

"Every day it seems like [the media] has me going someplace else," James said two weeks ago when the Pistons traded Chauncey Billups, significantly clearing their books for 2010. "I'm very happy here; I have said that over and over."

James made his strongest comments yet on the speculation at a rally encouraging people to register to vote last month when he said, "I love you, Cleveland . . . I love Ohio, and I'm not going anywhere."

Based on a projected $64 million salary cap, James could sign with the Cavs for about $133 million in 2010. Other teams could sign him for roughly $102 million.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2008/11/lebrons_in_the_futures_market.html

HOZ THE KNICK
11-17-2008, 03:16 PM
holy **** is going to be a bidding war

Sixerlover
11-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Most of those teams are going to use the money elsewhere, they won't even be in the sweepstakes. Because they know that if there are 17 other teams offering the same amount as you, then it comes down to who he is playing with and where he is playing

NYKnickFanatic
11-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Meh, he is going to stay in Ohio.

JordansBulls
11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Lebron will only go to teams with Big Markets and of those teams only the ones where he will be the focus of attention.

LayZbone
11-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Come play w/ Wade! :p

IndyRealist
11-17-2008, 03:55 PM
holy **** is going to be a bidding war

There can't be a bidding war, because everyone interested in him understands that they'll be throwing a max contract at him.

I realize that 2010 will be Lebron-centric, but there are quite a few other names out there as well. Joe Johnson, Wade, Bosh, Nowitzki, Kenyon Martin, Stephen Jackson, T-Mac, Yao, TJ Ford, Rudy Gay, Richard Jefferson, Redd, Tyson Chandler, Nash, Amare, Roy, Aldridge, and Bargnani all come out as restricted or unrestricted in 2010. Lots of players are going to change teams.

And that list doesn't even include 2009 free agents, who might be had at very reasonable prices if everyone's saving for '10. Ben Gordon, Brandon Bass, Rasheed Wallace, Iverson, Al Harrington, Ron Artest, Kobe Bryant, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Turkoglu, Matt Barnes, Carlos Boozer, Morris Almond, and Juan Dixon all could take serious blows to their long term contracts because of the 2010 free agent crop.

OY!
11-17-2008, 03:58 PM
There can't be a bidding war, because everyone interested in him understands that they'll be throwing a max contract at him.

I realize that 2010 will be Lebron-centric, but there are quite a few other names out there as well. Joe Johnson, Wade, Bosh, Nowitzki, Kenyon Martin, Stephen Jackson, T-Mac, Yao, TJ Ford, Rudy Gay, Richard Jefferson, Redd, Tyson Chandler, Nash, Amare, Roy, Aldridge, and Bargnani all come out as restricted or unrestricted in 2010. Lots of players are going to change teams.

And that list doesn't even include 2009 free agents, who might be had at very reasonable prices if everyone's saving for '10. Ben Gordon, Brandon Bass, Rasheed Wallace, Iverson, Al Harrington, Ron Artest, Kobe Bryant, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Turkoglu, Matt Barnes, Carlos Boozer, Morris Almond, and Juan Dixon all could take serious blows to their long term contracts because of the 2010 free agent crop.

the players you listed: Nash, kenyon martin, stephen jackson, Bargnani.

Nash is going to retire before the FA agency, Martin sucks, Jackson is mediocre, Bargnani is below mediocre.

Yogi
11-17-2008, 04:07 PM
I bet he ends up in New York or Brooklyn.

mjt20mik
11-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Someone posted on that article, that there was no point getting Bosh along side James cause they play the same position. LOL

But seriously, I could see Bosh, Wade, and Lebron all resigning with their respective teams.

Wilson
11-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Wow, both T-Mac and Yao are free agents in 2010, big summer for Houston.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Honestly, I dont see Lebron going any where. The Cavs can offer him the most money, they have a pretty good team and will have cap room in 2010 to sign one of those other big name guys.

People always says Lebron needs to leave Cleveland to blow up his star in a big city. But who hasn't heard of Lebron? He does not need to go anywhere to get notoriety. In this day in age with ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN news, and NBA TV, we all see Lebron play. Everyone knows who he is.

Everyone thinks he needs to go to a team that has a rich history. But I think he needs to win in Cleveland. If all the star players thought this way, MJ would have left the Bulls long before he won them their first ring. The Bulls were a non factor before he got there, and pretty much after. Which is one of the reasons why his star is so bright. He brought a horrible franchise to a great dynasty. Lebron should not want to go to the Knicks, Bulls, Lakers, Celtics. Those franchises have had their history set. Cleveland can be Lebrons for the next century.

IndyRealist
11-17-2008, 05:35 PM
the players you listed: Nash, kenyon martin, stephen jackson, Bargnani.

Nash is going to retire before the FA agency, Martin sucks, Jackson is mediocre, Bargnani is below mediocre.

Hey, 4 duds out of 32 isn't bad :smoking:
I'm allowed to throw in a filler or 4. Surprised no one said anything about Juan Dixon ;)

_Sn1P3r_
11-17-2008, 05:41 PM
So unlikely but he should play with Bosh. xP We don't got the cap room I think but it would be a nice idea...
Nontheless, I think he's staying in Cleveland.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-17-2008, 05:46 PM
So unlikely but he should play with Bosh. xP We don't got the cap room I think but it would be a nice idea...
Nontheless, I think he's staying in Cleveland.

You better hope he does not play with Bosh. Like you said, the Raps dont have the cap room, but the Cavs do.

OY!
11-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey, 4 duds out of 32 isn't bad :smoking:
I'm allowed to throw in a filler or 4. Surprised no one said anything about Juan Dixon ;)

because we all know Juan Dixon is the best ;) am i right? :D

Draco
11-17-2008, 06:00 PM
The Bulls were a non factor before he got there, and pretty much after. Which is one of the reasons why his star is so bright. He brought a horrible franchise to a great dynasty. Lebron should not want to go to the Knicks, Bulls, Lakers, Celtics. Those franchises have had their history set. Cleveland can be Lebrons for the next century.

Actually the Bulls had a very good team in the early 70s and were probably a player away from winning a championship. I also don't agree that MJ's popularity has much to do with Chicago never having won a championship. Bird's popularity wasn't affected by the ridiculous number of banners that hung from the rafters before he got there. Since we're all speculating about what Lebron would do here's my 2 cents. He'll probably stay in Cleveland if that team is or can be positioned to contend. If Cleveland is hampered by long term contracts belonging to players that suck then I think Lebron takes a long, hard look at other teams.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Actually the Bulls had a very good team in the early 70s and were probably a player away from winning a championship. I also don't agree that MJ's popularity has much to do with Chicago never having won a championship. Bird's popularity wasn't affected by the ridiculous number of banners that hung from the rafters before he got there. Since we're all speculating about what Lebron would do here's my 2 cents. He'll probably stay in Cleveland if that team is or can be positioned to contend. If Cleveland is hampered by long term contracts belonging to players that suck then I think Lebron takes a long, hard look at other teams.

Are you being serious? Any team can say, "We could have won a championship if we had one more great player". We would not even be having this conversation if Lebron had one more player on his team. The Lakers would not have lost the finals if they would have had one more player. The fact is they didnt.

The Bulls were A NON FACTOR until 1988 when they started getting to the ECF. And those early 70 teams were not a player away. They were eliminated in the first round 3 years in a row. Then were swept in the conference finals the next year. Then were beaten 4-3 in the western finals the next year. One player away would indicate they at least made the finals. Jordan made the franchise relevant. He did it against all odds like playing for a cheap owner who did and does not like to spend the money on the Bulls. Jordans star is much brighter in my eyes because he was able to do something for that franchise that had not been done before or since he left.

Draco
11-17-2008, 06:31 PM
The Bulls were A NON FACTOR until 1988 when they started getting to the ECF. And those early 70 teams were not a player away. They were eliminated in the first round 3 years in a row. Then were swept in the conference finals the next year. Then were beaten 4-3 in the western finals the next year.

Thanks for the history lessen. If falling short of winning a championship makes you a "NON-FACTOR" (a phrase you have yet to actually define) then only one team a year actually is a factor. "Non-factor" teams are in good company, that's most of the NBA.

One player away would indicate they at least made the finals. Jordan made the franchise relevant. He did it against all odds like playing for a cheap owner who did and does not like to spend the money on the Bulls. Jordans star is much brighter in my eyes because he was able to do something for that franchise that had not been done before or since he left.

Yeah, the NBA according to D&L. Thanks for your opinion.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the history lessen. If falling short of winning a championship makes you a "NON-FACTOR" (a phrase you have yet to actually define) then only one team a year actually is a factor. "Non-factor" teams are in good company, that's most of the NBA.

Yeah, the NBA according to D&L. Thanks for your opinion.

When I say non factor I mean they were not a team anyone thought would really win a championship on a consitant basis. They did not have any superstar players. And without Jordan, the Bulls have had 28 seasons. 19 of those were spent below .500. And they have only made the playoffs 13 times in those 28 years without Jordan. That is what I mean when I say they were and are "irrelevant"

Your welcome for the history lesson and the current event lessons I have laid out for you. PM me anytime for some additional schooling. :)

Draco
11-17-2008, 06:50 PM
When I say non factor I mean they were not a team anyone thought would really win a championship on a consitant basis.

I didn't realize you polled fans in the 1970s. Was it at least a scientific poll?

*Superman*
11-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Only if the Magic didn't way overpay Rashard and looked at the future.

LeBron and Dwight....WOW

philab
11-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Where are you people getting this information?

Nash is going to retire before he hits FA in 2010?
LeBron will only go to a big market?
LeBron would head to Orlando if they had the money?

There are 18 teams with the money to throw at LeBron RIGHT NOW. After this offseason, that number could be cut in half or more. I really doubt 18 teams will refuse to spend this offseason because of the remote chance that LeBron will sign there.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-17-2008, 07:13 PM
I didn't realize you polled fans in the 1970s. Was it at least a scientific poll?

I dont need to take a poll. All I need to do is look at the roster headed by Bob Love. And then think of the the Laker teams with Wilt and West, the Bucks with Kareem and the Big O. The Knicks with Reed. The Celtics with Hondo. The Bullets with Elvin Hayes and Wes Unseld. And countless other teams that had much more talent. And if just looking at the rosters were not enough, Ill just go back and see if they got to the finals. And then my opinion would be confirmed. They were still a non factor.

I dont understand why you would argue this fact. Jordan made the Bulls a relevant franchise. He made players want to play on the Bulls just to be in his Shadow like Kobe and Rose. Maybe even D Wade. They pretty much sucked before he got there. And pretty much after he left. If you dont believe me, go look at their records year by year as proof. Wins and losses dont lie. If you cant make the playoffs in the NBA, when they allow half the league in every year, you are a non factor. And in that sense, the Bulls have been irrelevant for 15 of the 28 years without Jordan.

*Superman*
11-17-2008, 07:19 PM

Nash is going to retire before he hits FA in 2010?
LeBron will only go to a big market?

There are 18 teams with the money to throw at LeBron RIGHT NOW. After this offseason, that number could be cut in half or more. I really doubt 18 teams will refuse to spend this offseason because of the remote chance that LeBron will sign there.

First off that was my opinion, and second, who wouldn't want to play with Dwight, arguably the best C in the game. How hard would it be for teams to guard both Dwight down low and Lebron pretty much all over the court.
I would say a duo maybe even better than Shaq and Kobe.

cmstophe
11-17-2008, 07:21 PM
I bet he ends up in New York or Brooklyn.

Woah...deep prediction, bro. Nobody has ever thought of that.

Draco
11-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I dont need to take a poll. All I need to do is look at the roster headed by Bob Love. And then think of the the Laker teams with Wilt and West, the Bucks with Kareem and the Big O. The Knicks with Reed. The Celtics with Hondo. The Bullets with Elvin Hayes and Wes Unseld. And countless other teams that had much more talent. And if just looking at the rosters were not enough, Ill just go back and see if they got to the finals. And then my opinion would be confirmed. They were still a non factor.

Well, the Bulls managed four consecutive 50+ win seasons without Wilt, Kareem, Oscar, Hondo, Hayes or Unseld. For those years they were among the top 6 teams in the NBA. They were as relevant as the Phoenix Suns were these last few years.

UofA
11-17-2008, 07:51 PM
He's gonna go to Brooklyn or to the Knicks

rosesbulls
11-17-2008, 07:56 PM
If Lebron goes it will either be a team that are steps away from a championship or a huge market depending on which pick his fancy. He might stay with Ohio which is actually the most likely scenario with Cleveland for whatever numer his agent puts on the check.

CarniifeX
11-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Watch out for the Clippers.....

rosesbulls
11-17-2008, 07:59 PM
First off that was my opinion, and second, who wouldn't want to play with Dwight, arguably the best C in the game. How hard would it be for teams to guard both Dwight down low and Lebron pretty much all over the court.

There would be way better offers and better teams. Orlando a big market:eyebrow:???

philab
11-17-2008, 08:01 PM

Who wouldn't want to play with LeBron, arguably the best player in the game?

That's always the thought in Cleveland, but the biggest FA name they've been able to draw is Larry Hughes.

It just doesn't work like that. There's massive contracts, egos, and expectations involved. Plus, Dwight will be a free agent a year or two after LeBron -- do you really think LeBron is going to go to Orlando when Howard could bolt (or might have to) a year after? If they wanted to play together so bad, why not let Howard come to Cleveland or both go to a team with the cap space and the big market appeal?

philab
11-17-2008, 08:03 PM
He's gonna go to Brooklyn or to the Knicks

It sounds like there won't even be a Brooklyn. That franchise is in a big mess right now. If LeBron wants to go to a crappy team in a huge mess just for the big market, why not the Knicks?

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Well, the Bulls managed four consecutive 50+ win seasons without Wilt, Kareem, Oscar, Hondo, Hayes or Unseld. For those years they were among the top 6 teams in the NBA. They were as relevant as the Phoenix Suns were these last few years.

Okay fine, have it your way. The Bulls were a factor for 4 years out of the 28 without Jordan. Does not change a thing. The fact remains. Jordan made the Bulls. I think Lebron can do the same for the Cavs. That was my original thought.

Lakers4ItAll
11-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Lebron is either going to the Knicks or The Bulls so he can follow MJ

Hawkeye15
11-17-2008, 08:14 PM
LeBron is suddenly going to crave -20 degree temperatures, and sign with Minnesota for $12 million a year. Nostradamus here people!

Wilson
11-17-2008, 08:19 PM
LeBron is suddenly going to crave -20 degree temperatures, and sign with Minnesota for $12 million a year. Nostradamus here people!

Nah, he'll sign with the Lakers for the MLE so he can win a championship...

:p

LeBrowns
11-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Not mentioned in that article is the fact the Cavs, if they do not add up any other long term contracts, will have enough cap space in 2010 to sign LeBron and someone like Chris Bosh for example. As Dan Gilbert the cavs owner said, "Were going after their guys"

MiamiHeat
11-17-2008, 08:22 PM
We all know he's signing with Miami :D

LeBrowns
11-17-2008, 08:24 PM

That's always the thought in Cleveland, but the biggest FA name they've been able to draw is Larry Hughes.

It just doesn't work like that. There's massive contracts, egos, and expectations involved. Plus, Dwight will be a free agent a year or two after LeBron -- do you really think LeBron is going to go to Orlando when Howard could bolt (or might have to) a year after? If they wanted to play together so bad, why not let Howard come to Cleveland or both go to a team with the cap space and the big market appeal?

The only recent year the cavs had substantial cap space when they signed Hughes, there were no other great free agents besides Ray Allen and Michael Redd. Both chose to stay with their original teams and could offer more money, so I don't see that as a viable argument.

Mile High Champ
11-17-2008, 08:34 PM
You better hope he does not play with Bosh. Like you said, the Raps dont have the cap room, but the Cavs do.

What are you talking about? the raps will have over 40 million in cap space if bosh declines his 17.5 million player option. The raps could resign Bosh and another Star player to max contracts.. Get your facts right.. the raps are maybe in the best position to really add something huge in that off-season. Bosh is staying in Toronto!

*Superman*
11-17-2008, 08:48 PM

Really last time i checked, Dwight was locked in for 5 more years.

*Superman*
11-17-2008, 08:51 PM
There would be way better offers and better teams. Orlando a big market:eyebrow:???

Did i ever say that Orlando was a big market, damn read my posts from before you start ****.

Duncan = Donkey
11-17-2008, 09:16 PM

Nash is going to retire before he hits FA in 2010?LeBron will only go to a big market?

yeh im pretty sure i read somewhere that nash said he was going to sign a 2 year deal when his contracts up.

Mile High Champ
11-17-2008, 09:30 PM
yeh im pretty sure i read somewhere that nash said he was going to sign a 2 year deal when his contracts up.

I heard it was with Toronto, he has stated recently that he wants to end his career with the only Canadian team.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-17-2008, 09:39 PM
What are you talking about? the raps will have over 40 million in cap space if bosh declines his 17.5 million player option. The raps could resign Bosh and another Star player to max contracts.. Get your facts right.. the raps are maybe in the best position to really add something huge in that off-season. Bosh is staying in Toronto!

I was going by what Sniper said. He said the Raps wont have the cap room, so I assumed he would know the situation with him being a Raptor fan and all.

And come to think of it, how in the world would the Raps have $40 million in cap space? Even if Bosh opted out? That does not sound right. How many players are under contract? You do know you need to have at least a 12 man roster right?

ryguy2k7
11-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Definitely going to sign with the Thunder or the Wolves...

hahahaha

Mile High Champ
11-17-2008, 10:09 PM
I was going by what Sniper said. He said the Raps wont have the cap room, so I assumed he would know the situation with him being a Raptor fan and all.

And come to think of it, how in the world would the Raps have $40 million in cap space? Even if Bosh opted out? That does not sound right. How many players are under contract? You do know you need to have at least a 12 man roster right?

Jermaine O'neal and his 23 million salary come off the books.. add 23 to 17 and you get 40... plus they have some other bench players coming off the books. They will have plenty to sign bosh to the max if he opts out and another star player to a max deal.

Lakers4ItAll
11-17-2008, 10:22 PM
No way they could sign 2 Stars to Max

Hawkeye15
11-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Jermaine O'neal and his 23 million salary come off the books.. add 23 to 17 and you get 40... plus they have some other bench players coming off the books. They will have plenty to sign bosh to the max if he opts out and another star player to a max deal.

Toronto doesn't make enough money to sign 2 players to max deals, then fill out the roster. The only teams that could do that are NY, and LAL

Mile High Champ
11-17-2008, 10:26 PM
No way they could sign 2 Stars to Max

sure they could, why not. that cap room certainly allows it..

Mile High Champ
11-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Toronto doesn't make enough money to sign 2 players to max deals, then fill out the roster. The only teams that could do that are NY, and LAL

what are you even talking about? Toronto spends to the cap every year.. Why cant they pay two stars the max. they are paying JO 23 million right now and bosh 17.5. I think you are very wrong..

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-17-2008, 10:40 PM

I went ahead and took a look at your statements. You are right, JO is coming off the books. But the Raptors payroll will be at least $33 million after the 2010 season. I say at least because if Bosh opts out and signs a new contract, it will for sure be higher than his current deal. So for the sake of the Raps, lets say he wont opt out. They will owe that $33 mill to 4 players! Bosh for 17 $mill, Calderon for $9 mill, Kapono $6.6 mill, and Bargnani for $8.5 mill. Then add your star max player and you have another $20 mill for that year alone. That is 53$ million on 5 players. I'm assuming you like a couple of the players on your current roster. So you would want to sign them to extensions. Plus any draft picks.

I'm not saying they wont get one, but Its not as easy as saying JO's $23 million can be used to get another great player. They still have to fill out the rest of their roster with bench players that can get it done. You dont get those guys with the veterans minimum. You better hope the Raps can draft some really good talent in the next couple of years so that they wont have to sign free agents to fill out the bench which will, take up all that supposed cap room

Lakers4ItAll
11-17-2008, 11:00 PM
What kinda Star would wanna go to Toronto anyways........

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-17-2008, 11:05 PM

I dont think its a bad place at all. I went there one time. It is beautiful. Plus, NBA players are going to be put in Obama's tax bracket for the wealthy. They might want to go to Canada to save some money. But I heard Canada has some crazy taxes as well so who knows. But players wont stay away cause its a dump. I would imagine its nicer that Memphis.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2008, 11:21 PM
I dont think its a bad place at all. I went there one time. It is beautiful. Plus, NBA players are going to be put in Obama's tax bracket for the wealthy. They might want to go to Canada to save some money. But I heard Canada has some crazy taxes as well so who knows. But players wont stay away cause its a dump. I would imagine its nicer that Memphis.

good points. NBA players are about to get taxed the same as in Canada, so why not live there? I think Bosh may leave, the only reason being more exposure in the states. He would have a chance at MVP in the US

Lakers4ItAll
11-17-2008, 11:27 PM
A player has just as good of a chance is Canada for MVP, Vince got plenty of exsposure when he was Air Canada

good points. NBA players are about to get taxed the same as in Canada, so why not live there? I think Bosh may leave, the only reason being more exposure in the states. He would have a chance at MVP in the US

Hawkeye15
11-17-2008, 11:33 PM
A player has just as good of a chance is Canada for MVP, Vince got plenty of exsposure when he was Air Canada

Well, Bosh isn't the biggest athletic freak to hit the NBA in years. Vince got it because he dunked on everyone. That ship sailed about 8 years ago, and he and Tracy decided to go woman on everyone.

Lakers4ItAll
11-17-2008, 11:36 PM
He wasnt a star while in Toronto

Well, Bosh isn't the biggest athletic freak to hit the NBA in years. Vince got it because he dunked on everyone. That ship sailed about 8 years ago, and he and Tracy decided to go woman on everyone.

LeBrowns
11-17-2008, 11:36 PM

One that doesn't want to get stabbed in LA

Hawkeye15
11-17-2008, 11:38 PM
He wasnt a star while in Toronto

I think you missed my point. I am calling the cousins a waste of potential, regardless of their stats. They each could have been top 10 players ever, but get a period every month. :)

Lakers4ItAll
11-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Yes they are both soft and not very clutch, reguarless I don't think either could have been top 10 ever...... thats saying alot

I think you missed my point. I am calling the cousins a waste of potential, regardless of their stats. They each could have been top 10 players ever, but get a period every month. :)

Mile High Champ
11-17-2008, 11:54 PM

wow your ignorance is pathetic...

Mile High Champ
11-17-2008, 11:56 PM
I went ahead and took a look at your statements. You are right, JO is coming off the books. But the Raptors payroll will be at least $33 million after the 2010 season. I say at least because if Bosh opts out and signs a new contract, it will for sure be higher than his current deal. So for the sake of the Raps, lets say he wont opt out. They will owe that $33 mill to 4 players! Bosh for 17 $mill, Calderon for $9 mill, Kapono $6.6 mill, and Bargnani for $8.5 mill. Then add your star max player and you have another $20 mill for that year alone. That is 53$ million on 5 players. I'm assuming you like a couple of the players on your current roster. So you would want to sign them to extensions. Plus any draft picks.

I'm not saying they wont get one, but Its not as easy as saying JO's $23 million can be used to get another great player. They still have to fill out the rest of their roster with bench players that can get it done. You dont get those guys with the veterans minimum. You better hope the Raps can draft some really good talent in the next couple of years so that they wont have to sign free agents to fill out the bench which will, take up all that supposed cap room

Your right, a lot of things have to fall toronto's way but we do have bird rights on all our FA's by that time. We can sign a star and still sign some of old bench players back and be over the cap. Its too early to tell what toronto will do anyway in the next two years when they reach that 2010 off-season. I really do think Bosh will stay and the raps will also add another star player. Maybe not Wade, Lebron etc but a very good star player...

Lakers4ItAll
11-18-2008, 12:02 AM
I haven't seen any Stars go there yet..... Drafting is different

wow your ignorance is pathetic...

rico
11-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Teams currently in position to have at least $18.6 million in cap space in 2010:
Atlanta Hawks, Chicago Bulls, Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets, L.A. Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies, Miami Heat, Minnesota Timberwolves, New Jersey Nets, Oklahoma City Thunder, Phoenix Suns, Portland Trail Blazers, Sacramento Kings, San Antonio Spurs, Toronto Raptors, Utah Jazz

BULLS! Trade Deng for an expiring and also land AMARE.

Rose
?
Lebron
Amare
?

NEW BIG 3 = DYNASTY

SAVAGE CLAW
11-18-2008, 02:03 AM
This is stupid 30! teams can sign Lebron to a maximum contract in 2010.

Why?

If you are Cavs and Lebron says he wont stay what do you do let him just walk?

Or try to Sign and Trade?

I doubt They will reject a Farmar + Pau or Farmar + Bynum for Lebron Offer

Or a Ming for Lebron offer

Just two posibilities from teams that are not supposed to be on the run because htey are capped out....

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-18-2008, 02:09 AM
This is stupid 30! teams can sign Lebron to a maximum contract in 2010.

Why?

If you are Cavs and Lebron says he wont stay what do you do let him just walk?

Or try to Sign and Trade?

I doubt They will reject a Farmar + Pau or Farmar + Bynum for Lebron Offer

Or a Ming for Lebron offer

Just two posibilities from teams that are not supposed to be on the run because htey are capped out....

What??? I like where your head is at but Farmar and Bynum for Lebron James??? No way in hell the Cavs do that. It would be Bynum, Gasol, Farmar, picks and the Lakers would have to take a crappy contract back for Lebron..... at least!

zambo4president
11-18-2008, 02:16 AM
Lebron should come start another dynasty in Chicago. Lebron and D.Rose :drool:

UnWantedTheory
11-18-2008, 03:26 AM
This is all Bullshiiiiaaattt...We all know Lebron, Wade, Bosh, etc. all have secret Boner's to come play in San Antonio...The stars will be competitive with each other trying to get in SA's door...Especially Lebron....We all know how HUGEEEEEEE the market in SA is....Its a goldmine people.....Geez.

UnWantedTheory
11-18-2008, 03:27 AM
I hope with all my heart that one moron out there believes I believe in what I just said.

UnWantedTheory
11-18-2008, 03:28 AM
Oh plzzzzzzzzz

ARMIN12NBA
11-18-2008, 03:40 AM
This is all Bullshiiiiaaattt...We all know Lebron, Wade, Bosh, etc. all have secret Boner's to come play in San Antonio...The stars will be competitive with each other trying to get in SA's door...Especially Lebron....We all know how HUGEEEEEEE the market in SA is....Its a goldmine people.....Geez.

I hope with all my heart that one moron out there believes I believe in what I just said.

Oh plzzzzzzzzz

Fine...Are you crazy dude? There is no way he goes to SA. How do you even think that? They are all going to play for Sacramento. :D

jnb58
11-18-2008, 03:52 AM
There are going to be a ton of guys getting paid too much. There is about 7 guys that may warrant max contracts. When they get their contracts there will be about 8 teams with a ton under the cap to over pay the next best guys.

I predict we will see the next McLevain contract at that time.

Hellcrooner
11-18-2008, 04:13 AM
in fact they ar all going to sign for Olympiakos :D::D

SDBearsFan
11-18-2008, 04:38 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

footballbizz
11-18-2008, 05:15 AM
Le Bron could be a huge impact for NY...could that be possible???

www.saqueneutral.blogspot.com/

pelfry34
11-18-2008, 05:19 AM
lebron is going to LA or NY. do you not forget the contract he got with nike when he was a rookie?

Wilson
11-18-2008, 08:15 AM

:confused:

Testaverde16
11-18-2008, 10:12 AM
My bet is he stays in Cleveland.

I just don't see him leaving.

JordansBulls
11-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Wow, both T-Mac and Yao are free agents in 2010, big summer for Houston.

Yeah I think the Rockets resign Yao and depending on what happens this year and next will decide about T-mac.

Wilson
11-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Yeah I think the Rockets resign Yao and depending on what happens this year and next will decide about T-mac.

It probably hinges on what they get accomplished in the play-offs. If they make a deep run or two, then the Rockets would probably like to keep at least Yao. If they continue to struggle, however, then they might make themselves big players in the LeBron/Wade/Bosh sweepstakes.

Robbie7138
11-18-2008, 03:29 PM
do yall think the spurs would ahppen to land any big name player??
i truly hope so

Hellcrooner
11-18-2008, 03:54 PM
^ If they gget under the cap.

Bosh Camp has hinted HEAVILY that he woudl welcome to play near his home in Texas.

HInt for Mavs, Spurs and Specially Rockets i think

Kiss Ma Grits
11-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Lebron is staying in Cleveland. The Cavs are an elite team who got younger and they already have Daniel Gibson under contract, West under contract, and Mo Williams under contract which is a plus. The only thing Cleveland needs to do is resign Anderson Verajao and allow Wally's contract to expire so that they have cap space in 2010. They can replace Z in 2010 and not skip a beat.

Hellcrooner
11-18-2008, 04:19 PM
^blah blah blah blah.

I love my Bmw but if im offerd a Lamborghini guess what im going to do. The legal Speed limit will be the same but i preffer to make that 100mph on a more lustrous car

mrblisterdundee
11-18-2008, 04:24 PM
LeBron is going nowhere but Cleveland.

LeBrowns
11-18-2008, 05:18 PM
^blah blah blah blah.

I love my Bmw but if im offerd a Lamborghini guess what im going to do. The legal Speed limit will be the same but i preffer to make that 100mph on a more lustrous car

^Blah Blah Blah
Have fun when Kobe is playing in Italy when his contract is up

futureheisman
11-18-2008, 05:23 PM
lebron come play with the 3

Sox Appeal
11-18-2008, 05:45 PM
^Blah Blah Blah
Have fun when Kobe is playing in Italy when his contract is up

Why would Kobe go play in Europe when he's still in his prime, and on one of the most talented teams in the NBA. It wouldn't make any sense for him. Kobe plays basketball to be the best player of all-time, he knows that could never happen if he would decide to go play over seas during the prime of his career. But, I could see Kobe playing in Europe at some point, most likely at the end of his next contract, not the one he'll be reeving this summer.

philab
11-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Why would Kobe go play in Europe when he's still in his prime, and on one of the most talented teams in the NBA. It wouldn't make any sense for him. Kobe plays basketball to be the best player of all-time, he knows that could never happen if he would decide to go play over seas during the prime of his career. But, I could see Kobe playing in Europe at some point, most likely at the end of his next contract, not the one he'll be reeving this summer.

That could never happen anyway. Not to diss Kobe, but there's no chance in hell he goes down as the best player ever. None. Whatsoever.

philab
11-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Really last time i checked, Dwight was locked in for 5 more years.

I'm sorry, THREE years, not one or two (like I said). And if LeBron exercises his option (which isn't out of the question), it'd be two years.

Lakers4ItAll
11-18-2008, 07:39 PM
How could u say never? Who knows what could happen....

That could never happen anyway. Not to diss Kobe, but there's no chance in hell he goes down as the best player ever. None. Whatsoever.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2008, 07:55 PM
:confused:

well, I am assuming he meant the following-he highlited Kobe's name, and then laughed it off that he would be a 2009 free agent, which is probably correct. Kobe can opt out next summer, but this is not 17 months ago, when Kobe had no confidence in his organization. He knows he has an opportunity to win games now, he isn't going anywhere next summer. I think that is what the guy meant.

IndyRealist
11-18-2008, 07:59 PM

I was wondering when someone would notice that one. Just thought I should point out that Kobe is listed as having an Early Termination Option in his contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

Hawkeye15
11-18-2008, 08:02 PM
I was wondering when someone would notice that one. Just thought I should point out that Kobe is listed as having an Early Termination Option in his contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

I would have thought one of the Laker fans that know where Kobe ate lunch today would have caught that, it is like a religion to some of them

Wilson
11-18-2008, 08:15 PM
well, I am assuming he meant the following-he highlited Kobe's name, and then laughed it off that he would be a 2009 free agent, which is probably correct. Kobe can opt out next summer, but this is not 17 months ago, when Kobe had no confidence in his organization. He knows he has an opportunity to win games now, he isn't going anywhere next summer. I think that is what the guy meant.

Makes sense. There is a chance that Kobe will opt out so that he can get another long term deal done. If that happens then other teams might make him an offer, but yeah, I don't see him moving this summer.

I would have thought one of the Laker fans that know where Kobe ate lunch today would have caught that, it is like a religion to some of them

:laugh2:

philab
11-18-2008, 09:12 PM
How could u say never? Who knows what could happen....

Same reason I can say Brian Scalabrine will never go down as the best ever or that Earth will never stop revolving around the sun -- it's just not going to happen.

Sure, there's a slight chance, somewhere out there in space, that Kobe (or Scalabrine) will go down as the best ever or that the Earth will be free of the Sun's gravity. That chance is so remote, though, that it's negligible. There's no reason to mention it or take it into account.

(And of course I know that Bryant's chances are far greater than Scalabrine's and the Earth's -- the point remains valid, though.)

ARMIN12NBA
11-18-2008, 09:44 PM

Well, Kobe was spotted at Dolce, an Italian restaurant, today for lunch. Pretty surprising since it is game day. He usually eats a home-cooked meal on game day. I'll keep you posted on where he will be eating lunch tomorrow. :D

Kiss Ma Grits
11-18-2008, 11:34 PM
^blah blah blah blah.

Right now we're the lamborghini, 9 and 2 with the longest winning streak in this young nba season averaging over 100 points with the ability to hold your team to under 90. Sounds to me that you don't know what a bmw or a lamborghini looks like:D

Hawkeye15
11-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Well, Kobe was spotted at Dolce, an Italian restaurant, today for lunch. Pretty surprising since it is game day. He usually eats a home-cooked meal on game day. I'll keep you posted on where he will be eating lunch tomorrow. :D

:laugh:

Thanks bro

fishfan79
11-19-2008, 12:20 AM
love to see him in miami with wade

wade + beasily + lebron = 5-6 titles in a row

Kiss Ma Grits
11-19-2008, 12:23 AM

Wade is not going to stand for that much losing much more. He should come over to Cleveland since we're hotter and more talented:eyebrow:

Mo-Wade-Lebron? Now that's unstoppable.:clap:

AirJordanXVIII
11-19-2008, 12:47 AM
No basketball player is worth more than 100 million. Lets alone 20 million.

Wilson
11-19-2008, 12:55 AM

Not really. Three number one scoring options doesn't win you championships. All three of those guys need the ball in their hands to be effective. The heat should go after solid role players at the PG and C position if they want to be a true contender again, IMO.

Sox Appeal
11-19-2008, 02:05 AM

I'm sensing some chemistry problems with that team. Wade & Lebron are both players who thrive when the balls in their hands, and they're making the majority of the decisions for there perspective teams. Putting them both on the same team, would be taking away one of their greatest strengths, and potentially turning it into a weakness.

If I where the Heat, I would focus on signing a post threat, to play alongside Wade and Beasley for the next 8+ seasons.