PDA

View Full Version : PSD All-Star Voting - Western Conference C

mrblisterdundee
11-17-2008, 12:55 AM
After a day of voting, Amare Stoudemire has clearly landed the power forward spot. Also, I think voting by position is a better idea than just picking two random guards and forwards, so don't get upset that there's a little more to this election than popularity. I'm trying to organize a team with five unique positions; this is a mock.

Everybody knows NBA All-Star voting is a popularity contest, just like the presidential election. I am starting a mock All-Star election for contirbutors of PSD to choose the starters. Even though most people on this site are totally biased, they are a little bit more informed than many of the people voting for the All-Stars. Think of yourselves as a special sample audience.
I know that in real All-Star voting, people vote for two guards and forwards from the east and west, but here we will vote by position to make sure everyone gets one vote per player. I will compile the results after 2 days, because that is the length of my patience, and any serious contributor should be able to manage within that time frame.
In this thread we will be voting for a center from the western conference. We will vote for other positions in other threads.

Ryan328
11-17-2008, 01:27 AM
Andris Biedrins is playing great....17 ppg and 15 rpg I believe

sunsalltheway03
11-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Shaq. He deserves it. He is truly playing great.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-17-2008, 01:37 AM
I refuse to vote, Where in hell is Marc Gasol? Oden has played two!! games

ARMIN12NBA
11-17-2008, 02:44 AM
Homer pick- Andrew Bynum. :D

Kings Faithful
11-17-2008, 03:20 AM
Shaq and Bynum???? Are you guys ********king kidding me?

Brad Miller 13ppg 10 rpg 6 apg

Shaq 16 ppg 9 rpg and 2 apg

Andrew Bynum 9 ppg 9 rpg 2 apg

Andris Biedrins 16 ppg 14 rpg 2 apg

Yao Ming 16 ppg 9 rpg 1 apg

Al Jefferson 23 ppg 10 rpg 2 apg

The rest I'm not including because they don't stand a chance. The only people that should be eligible for this are Al Jefferson, Brad Miller, And Andris Biedrins. Jefferson because he's a scoring beast, Miller because he's a passing beast, and Biedrins because he is a Rebounding Beast. Those guys are the only 3 that bring something unique stat wise to the table.

Hellcrooner
11-17-2008, 03:57 AM
Marc Gasol!!!

goku
11-17-2008, 07:41 AM

The rest I'm not including because they don't stand a chance. The only people that should be eligible for this are Al Jefferson, Brad Miller, And Andris Biedrins. Jefferson because he's a scoring beast, Miller because he's a passing beast, and Biedrins because he is a Rebounding Beast. Those guys are the only 3 that bring something unique stat wise to the table.

yao dont stand a chance:rolleyes:

J-Relo
11-17-2008, 10:10 AM

And i guess minutes doesn't mean anything... :D

if you play whole game and score 20 or play 20 min and score 15 - no difference ye? :clap:

Passing Beast <<< :D:D:cool:

Macedonian
11-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Andris Biedrins

nygiants242
11-17-2008, 10:53 AM
How the hell isnt Jefferson leading this??

lakers4sho
11-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Yao of course is gonna win the popular vote.

Druw gets my homer vote.

DieselPowered32
11-17-2008, 12:04 PM
The Diesel all the way, Shaq was having his way with the Detroit until he got tossed last night , he was on his way to having another great game. Shaq will destroy the Jazz tonite if he plays they have know one who can guard him and he will skool Bynum when they play the Lakers on Thursday night

DieselPowered32
11-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Shaq will make the West Side cos his been playing great and also because the All Star game is in Phoenix. There's no way Shaq is not going to make the side, with a chance for Stern to have Kobe and Shaq on the same team, he will make sure it happens

GSRaider
11-17-2008, 12:19 PM
why does bynum have 5 votes?

10 games into the season... 9.9pts 8.9rebs

what a waste of a vote.

O'Neal
Biedrins

ARMIN12NBA
11-17-2008, 06:05 PM
why does bynum have 5 votes?

10 games into the season... 9.9pts 8.9rebs

what a waste of a vote.

O'Neal
Biedrins

Bynum has been the best defensive player so far in the young season. That counts for something. His offense will pick up. Not to mention he is sharing points and rebounds with Gasol/Odom.

Kings Faithful
11-17-2008, 09:29 PM
When i said the rest "dont stand a chance" I didn't mean in the voting, i mean they shouldn't stand a chance in winning the PSD popular vote because of his stats. He obviously isn't the best Center in the west stats wise, but he will probably get in the the all-star game because of China. And yeah, Miller passing beast doesn't sound right, i guess passing madman would be better, still he's the best passing center in the league. Andris Biedrins deserves it and I don't think Shaq should be anywhere close, but he'll probably end up winning when it comes down to it.

rhino17
11-17-2008, 09:34 PM
^^^^
Yao is still EASILY the best center in the west

yeah, biedrins is playing nice, but he is also on one of the worst teams in the nba, so his stats are inflated. The only players deserving of votes are yao and shaq

MiamiHeat
11-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Andris Biedrins, Golden State
If he puts more weight he would be a beast

unwantedplayer
11-17-2008, 09:39 PM
yao gets it

Hawkeye15
11-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Al Jefferson

NYY NYJ NYK
11-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Yao is proubally going to be picked cause he is most popular.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Yao is proubally going to be picked cause he is most popular.

probably??????????? China will vote him in until the day he leaves the NBA. Why do you think we may see Yi starting?

cmellofan15
11-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Im guessing Bynum leads before I vote.

Goon.Weezy
11-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Andris Biedrins......YE DIGG

Kings Faithful
11-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Can someone please tell me why shaq deserves to be voted over Al Jefferson and Andris??? Yeah, he's played his best basketball in a few years, but its still not as good as those guys so why does shaq deserve to be auto voted in once again?

Shaq back 2 L.A
11-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Bynum his stats don't show how good he's been on the court but oh well!

op12
11-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Bynum has been the best defensive player so far in the young season. That counts for something. His offense will pick up. Not to mention he is sharing points and rebounds with Gasol/Odom.

whether he is sharing pts and boards or not, he is still not all star starter material. he is a good center, but has not lived up to the hype in this young season. he probably will start in years to come, but not this year. gotta be big al or biedrins.

ARMIN12NBA
11-17-2008, 11:16 PM
whether he is sharing pts and boards or not, he is still not all star starter material. he is a good center, but has not lived up to the hype in this young season. he probably will start in years to come, but not this year. gotta be big al or biedrins.

I didn't say he deserved to start. I was just making his case. I think Jefferson and Biedrins should go in there at this point. I just think that a lot of people don't realize that Bynum is actually dominant on the defensive end. He is an anchor on that side of the ball and patrols the paint like no other. Like I said, once his offensive game starts to come around, which it is, then people will notice him more since people only seem to care about offensive stats.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Just the fact that Bynum has this many votes shows the bias on this site. He has been average, at best. Defense? Lots of guys would look better when their team scores at will, and they play with 7', 6'10" alongside them. Unreal. He has a single double double. Wow. I have even been watching him, trying to see what you Laker fans see in him. I will say this, if he was on a pathetic team, he would maybe get 17-12 before he fouled out, but he is not an all star. The kid will have to wait a while in my book.

ARMIN12NBA
11-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Just the fact that Bynum has this many votes shows the bias on this site. He has been average, at best. Defense? Lots of guys would look better when their team scores at will, and they play with 7', 6'10" alongside them. Unreal. He has a single double double. Wow. I have even been watching him, trying to see what you Laker fans see in him. I will say this, if he was on a pathetic team, he would maybe get 17-12 before he fouled out, but he is not an all star. The kid will have to wait a while in my book.

The Lakers have struggled on offense. Drew doesn't play with Pau and Lamar at the same time. That shows me you don't watch the games. Lamar and Pau rotate at power forward and Gasol plays some center. All three are never in at once. Not to mention that Bynum has held his opponents to a ridiculously low FG% and is the highest rated defensive player.

Bynum has been fouling a lot less as of late.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2008, 11:28 PM
to clarify, so I don't get hit with the automatic hate deal from Laker fans, he is way too underdeveloped to be considered a top center. He will have to improve, and wait his turn. Do I see potential? Sure. But he needs to develop it. Lots of guys have had potential and not done anything with it. You can scream work ethic, and attitude all you want, point is, sometimes it just doesn't work out. I think he will be a tough player, but he needs to be left off any list talking about best anything right now.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2008, 11:28 PM
The Lakers have struggled on offense. Drew doesn't play with Pau and Lamar at the same time. That shows me you don't watch the games. Lamar and Pau rotate at power forward and Gasol plays some center. All three are never in at once. Not to mention that Bynum has held his opponents to a ridiculously low FG% and is the highest rated defensive player.

I have watched 4 Laker games. I can't stomach to watch them all bro

jsand3030
11-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Th Warriors are a top 4 rebounding team.. that has something to do with Biedrins.. Hes is the best ALL AROUND center in the league as of now

lakers4sho
11-18-2008, 01:17 AM
I have watched 4 Laker games. I can't stomach to watch them all bro

Then you're misinformed and shouldn't be making uninformed opinions then.

Think before you speak.

lakers4sho
11-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Th Warriors are a top 4 rebounding team.. that has something to do with Biedrins.. Hes is the best ALL AROUND center in the league as of now

How about that has something to do with Al Harrington not playing??

DenButsu
11-18-2008, 06:11 AM
Although I can understand why Nene wasn't chosen for the All-Star ballot after missing nearly all of last season with injuries and cancer, it sure is a shame, seeing now how well he's playing. He's the rock of the Denver Nuggets now, playing the best basketball of his career, exceeding his career and season best production in nearly every category by sizable margins and playing some very solid defense. His 14.7/7.6 /1.8 stat line might not look so impressive in comparison with some of the other players on the ballot (and he definitely needs to work on his defensive rebounding), but he leads the league in field goal % at .641, and is by far the most efficient offensive player on the team right now. He's also got the Nuggets' 2nd best PER next to Billups.

rhino17
11-24-2008, 12:45 AM
really, the best center in the nba doesnt win this?

rhjr06
11-24-2008, 12:50 AM

they are #3 in offense in the league ands they are struggling???

Goldenguy
11-24-2008, 12:52 AM
I say Andris hes putting up points boards, and tons of defense. Not to mention he is the only true big Gs has and he is light he moves around and does his job right show some respect to him for once. Also Jefferson is a beast I was at the game when Gs and Minnesota played they were going back and fourth.

DreamShaker
11-24-2008, 12:56 AM
really, the best center in the nba doesnt win this?

He is just now coming on....

goku
11-24-2008, 01:16 AM
ummm yao ........ok how is beatrins better than yao when you can play your offense threw him also not to mention he makes his teammates better by getting double teamed ?

lakers4sho
11-24-2008, 01:17 AM
ummm yao ........ok how is beatrins better than yao when you can play your offense threw him also not to mention he makes his teammates better by getting double teamed ?

a lot of people are high on Biedrins right now. Don't worry, it'll go away...

goku
11-24-2008, 01:20 AM
a lot of people are high on Biedrins right now. Don't worry, it'll go away...

i dont even think he's better than bynum not saying bynum is bad be he's not

ARMIN12NBA
11-24-2008, 02:01 AM
they are #3 in offense in the league ands they are struggling???

Look at the date my friend. That was about a week ago. The Lakers WERE struggling on offense. Not anymore...And when I say struggling, I meant by Lakers standards. They weren't flowing through the triangle as well as last year, but they have picked it up over the past week.

rhino17
11-24-2008, 07:11 AM
He is just now coming on....

but Biedrins? Really? He is on one of the worst teams in the nba, his stats are inflated

carlo4444
11-24-2008, 08:02 AM
shaq has to be starting just not the same if his not...

DenButsu
11-24-2008, 08:45 AM
shaq has to be starting just not the same if his not...

He didn't start last year - and rightfully so. Dwight's starting position was well earned.

And there's no reason he should start in this season's West, either.

innovator
11-24-2008, 12:03 PM

and bynum is a defensive beast

jsoay
11-24-2008, 01:01 PM
yao for sure

Gibby23
11-24-2008, 02:00 PM

You always seem mad, your team probabbly isn't doing to well.