PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 11/18/2008 - Game Thread

JordansBulls
11-17-2008, 12:15 AM
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Hawks.png @ http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Pacers.png 7:00 PM EDT

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Raptors.png @ http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Magic.png 7:00 PM EDT

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Heat.png @ http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Wizards.png 7:00 PM EDT

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Mavericks.png @ http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Bobcats.png 7:00 PM EDT

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Knicks.png @ http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Celtics.png 7:30 PM EDT

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Cavaliers.png @ http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Nets.png 7:30 PM EDT

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Kings.png @ http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Grizzlies.png 8:00 PM EDT

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Bucks.png @ http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Nuggets.png 9:00 PM EDT

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Blazers.png @ http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Warriors.png 10:30 PM EDT

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Bulls.png @ http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Lakers.png 10:30 PM EDT NBA TV

Atlanta @ Indiana 7:00 PM
Toronto @ Orlando 7:00 PM
Miami @ Washington 7:00 PM
Dallas @ Charlotte 7:00 PM
NY Knicks @ Boston 7:30 PM
Cleveland @ New Jersey 7:30 PM
Sacramento @ Memphis 8:00 PM
Milwaukee @ Denver 9:00 PM
Portland @ Golden State 10:30 PM
Chicago @ LA Lakers 10:30 PM NBA TV

thapharcyd
11-17-2008, 12:42 AM

still1ballin
11-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Atlanta @ Indiana
Toronto @ Orlando
Miami @ Washington
Dallas @ Charlotte
NY Knicks @ Boston
Cleveland @ New Jersey
Sacramento @ Memphis
Milwaukee @ Denver
Portland @ Golden State
Chicago @ LA Lakers

Ryan328
11-17-2008, 01:25 AM
Atlanta @ Indiana
Toronto @ Orlando
Miami @ Washington
Dallas @ Charlotte
NY Knicks @ Boston
Cleveland @ New Jersey
Sacramento @ Memphis
Milwaukee @ Denver
Portland @ Golden State
Chicago @ LA Lakers

x_notorious
11-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Atlanta @ Indiana
Toronto @ Orlando
Miami @ Washington
Dallas @ Charlotte
NY Knicks @ Boston
Cleveland @ New Jersey
Sacramento @ Memphis
Milwaukee @ Denver
Portland @ Golden State
Chicago @ LA Lakers

Apophis
11-17-2008, 02:42 AM

mrblisterdundee
11-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Winners: Hawks, Raptors, Heat, Mavericks, Celtics, Cavaliers, Grizzlies, Nuggets, Trailblazers, Lakers

michaellui11
11-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Chicago @ LA Lakers 10:30 PM

stawka
11-18-2008, 07:31 AM
Anyway, I got:
Atlanta @ Indiana
Toronto @ Orlando
Miami @ Washington
Dallas @ Charlotte
NY Knicks @ Boston
Cleveland @ New Jersey
Sacramento @ Memphis
Milwaukee @ Denver
Portland @ Golden State
Chicago @ LA Lakers

DenButsu
11-18-2008, 08:14 AM
It might not look like it should be, but this is a pretty big game for Denver. For one thing, they've just been struggling to put points on the board lately, and this is a pretty good opportunity to try and correct that, get into a better offensive groove. For another, last season they had a tendency to drop exactly this sort of game - no brainer "easy win" against a team they have no business losing to, especially at home... also, the 2nd of a back to back, when they tended to slack off a bit. They're really trying to prove to themselves and their fans that they're a different, more serious team this season, and a lot of that will be judged by games like this one. Also, with Utah beating the Suns, the Nuggets need to win this game to get tied back up again in the division lead (Portland also wants to win for the same reason).

DQL
11-18-2008, 11:51 AM
If Wade can't play tonight, the Heat have 1% chance to win. They are still very inconsistent on the road.

innovator
11-18-2008, 12:13 PM
^nut wizards suck so bad lol so if wade plays then 100% chance of winning but if he doesnt play then only 99 % haha

bidi_nash
11-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Chicago @ LA Lakers 10:30 PM

CHRISDODGERS
11-18-2008, 08:57 PM

DenButsu
11-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Goin' w/ the Bucks, eh? I'm not saying they're that bad a team, but w/out Redd and Villanueva, they've got a pretty steep hill to climb.

cmstophe
11-18-2008, 11:11 PM
People actually picked the Nets?

They got wrecked so badly it was embarassing.

Kiss Ma Grits
11-18-2008, 11:21 PM
People actually picked the Nets?

They got wrecked so badly it was embarassing.

Because people are still under the illusion that Z has declined, Big Ben is washed up, and Mo Williams isn't that much help to Lebron, but as we race thru their teams they'll all soon respect us as much as they do Boston and LA.

Lebron23
11-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers defeated the New Jersey Nets, 106-82. LeBron James became the youngest and fastest player to score 11,000 points in the NBA.

Great game also from Ilgauskas, Williams, West, and the rest of the Cavaliers Bench.

Cavs are now the best team in the Eastern Conference. :D :D :D

Notes: James (23 years, 323 days) replaced Kobe Bryant as the youngest player to score 11,000 points when he hit a jump shot late in the first quarter. Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers was 25 years, 99 days when he got 11,000. ... Cavs coach Mike Brown seemed to pull a hamstring retrieving a loose ball in the game ... Cleveland outrebounded New Jersey 50-39 and blocked eight shots.

cmstophe
11-18-2008, 11:48 PM
If the Cavs beat the Pistons tomorrow I will consider them the 2nd best team in the conference.

DenButsu
11-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Cavs are now the best team in the Eastern Conference. :D :D :D

Sorry, but as great as they look right now (and they do look great), they still have a long road to travel before they prove they've surpassed Boston.

cmstophe
11-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Sorry, but as great as they look right now (and they do look great), they still have a long road to travel before they prove they've surpassed Boston.

Not really a long road.

They just have to beat Boston, really. We won't even know if they have surpassed Boston until they play in the playoffs. And believe me...they WILL be playing in the playoffs.

DenButsu
11-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Not really a long road.

They just have to beat Boston, really. We won't even know if they have surpassed Boston until they play in the playoffs. And believe me...they WILL be playing in the playoffs.

I think as of right now Boston would take the Cavs in 6 games. And Detroit probably could do it too, but in 7.

cmstophe
11-19-2008, 12:03 AM
I think as of right now Boston would take the Cavs in 6 games. And Detroit probably could do it too, but in 7.

What do you base that on though? Just blind guessing, honestly.

The Cavs took Boston to the final seconds of Game 7....

Last time we saw Detroit play an inferior Cavs team (inferior to what the Cavs are now) they got beat in 6 games.

So like I said, what do you base it on?

EDIT: Consider that Boston/Cleveland, neither team can win on the other's court.

Kiss Ma Grits
11-19-2008, 12:07 AM

Here's another person who doesn't respect the Cavs even though we play them tough. 6 games??? We got better which is obvious, took them to 7 games with lesser talent, and the best we could do is 6 games? What planet are you from my friend? LMAO. I could understand if you say "I think the Celtics would take the Lakers in 6 and blow them out in the game deciding 6th game", but Cleveland? The team who went from Lebron needs help to OMf'ingG they're good? Man that's a flat out laugher, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Everyone elses should laugh with me because that's just too funny.

DenButsu
11-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Everybody's focusing on Cleveland getting better, but nobody's considering the possibility that Boston could be better, too.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Cavaliers look good! 8 in a row!

thapharcyd
11-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Nice to see the Bulls are competitive tonight... don't think it will last much longer but would love to see a close game!

Kiss Ma Grits
11-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Everybody's focusing on Cleveland getting better, but nobody's considering the possibility that Boston could be better, too.

You sound as if no one respects Boston. Look, Boston is the team to beat, improved or not. The reason everyone's focusing on Cleveland is because it was SO OBVIOUS how much help Lebron needed in that game 7 game. If you look at what Cleveland averaged offensively last year and what they are averaging this year how can one NOT talk about Cleveland esspecially considering how their "Offensive" was the biggest question mark. It's as if we went from being the Baltimore Ravens (good defense, horrible offense) to the New England Patriots (Balanced on both sides of the ball). Go look up Bostons team stats of this year and last and then look up Cleveland's and you'll know why.

DenButsu
11-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Hey, I know Cleveland has outproduced Boston so far on the stat line (additional proof is that they're 2nd while Boston is 3rd in Hollinger's power rankings).

But please, all I said was "6 games" and everybody has a canniption. I know the Cavs are on a hot streak right now (hottest team in the league, for sure), and I know they look a lot stronger than before, but all I'm saying is that I remain skeptical that they've surpassed Boston (who still sits atop the EC, fwiw) until they prove otherwise.

And they haven't yet. And one game won't do it. If they sweep the season series, I won't have much of a case to make for Boston still being on top, of course. But all I'm saying is that the current hot streak alone isn't enough of a case in itself, either.

DenButsu
11-19-2008, 12:32 AM
And by the way, saying a team isn't better than the defending champions, 10-2 Boston Celtics is not disrespecting that team.

Okay? Can we at least agree on that? :laugh2:

cmstophe
11-19-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't take issue with the "wait and see if they have surpassed the Celtics". Personally in terms of talent they obviously haven't.

But saying the Cavs would get beat in 6 games...I just disagree, because everything we've seen points to the contrary. it'd go 7 games and it'd be a toss up who wins. Just like it was last year.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-19-2008, 12:42 AM

I may be a bit biased, but I am not in denial like you. The Cavaliers are playing great basketball regardless of what we say right now.

Anyways I don't see how in the world we are losing to the Pistons in 7 and Boston in 6? We just won 8 in a row and we beat Detroit with a inferior team last year, and took Boston to 7..

Okay you threw the point out there that Boston could have gotten better, but why? They having three aging stars and they lost Posey a key player in the Boston versus Cleveland series? Yes, Pistons could have gotten better with the addition of Iverson. Cavaliers usually struggle with him, but we have yet to see how we match up against them. Both teams have new looks.

DenButsu
11-19-2008, 12:45 AM
I don't take issue with the "wait and see if they have surpassed the Celtics". Personally in terms of talent they obviously haven't.

But saying the Cavs would get beat in 6 games...I just disagree, because everything we've seen points to the contrary. it'd go 7 games and it'd be a toss up who wins. Just like it was last year.

See, I guess I just see it differently, because I see the Celtics' playoff run last year - more than their regular season was - as their process of becoming the team who they are now (the champions). I mean, it seems to me like you're basically erring on the side of the team that got taken to 7 games by the Hawks, whereas I'm erring on the side of the team that beat the Lakers in 6. Know what I'm saying?

DenButsu
11-19-2008, 12:47 AM
The Cavaliers are playing great basketball regardless of what we say right now.

I also said they were playing great. Don't make it personal (the "denial" comment). That won't take you to a good place.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-19-2008, 12:48 AM
See, I guess I just see it differently, because I see the Celtics' playoff run last year - more than their regular season was - as their process of becoming the team who they are now (the champions). I mean, it seems to me like you're basically erring on the side of the team that got taken to 7 games by the Hawks, whereas I'm erring on the side of the team that beat the Lakers in 6. Know what I'm saying?

Why would we go off of the Hawk's series when we have our own 7 game series to go off of? All I am saying is I think you are selling us short, at the same time I could be thinking very positive for I am biased to my favorite team.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-19-2008, 12:50 AM
I also said they were playing great. Don't make it personal (the "denial" comment). That won't take you to a good place.

Oh please I put both of us at shame here I just didn't call you out I said I was being biased, so don't take it personal. I was just simply saying we both were thinking in different at different angles.

IndyRealist
11-19-2008, 12:56 AM

Wow, someone picked the Pacers, heh.

DenButsu
11-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Why would we go off of the Hawk's series when we have our own 7 game series to go off of? All I am saying is I think you are selling us short, at the same time I could be thinking very positive for I am biased to my favorite team.

I'm saying that the Celtics became a better, stronger team as the playoffs progressed:

Hawks in 7 (weakest)
Cavs in 7 (stronger)
Pistons in 6 (stronger still)
Lakers in 6 (strongest)

I'm saying that when they finally got to put on those rings, they had become a better team than the team Cleveland faced in the 2nd round, and so that version of that team isn't the right one to be making comparisons with.

I'm not selling Cleveland short by any means. I'm merely giving the benefit of the doubt to the team that earned it, and saying that doubt has yet to be erased. I think that's fair - and accurate.

JordansBulls
11-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Bulls only down 5 at the half to the mighty Lakers.

I sure hope we can spring the upset this would be great for Rose and the Bulls.

Edit: Nevermind, Lakers opened up a 8-0 run in the 3rd to start.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-19-2008, 01:04 AM
I'm saying that the Celtics became a better, stronger team as the playoffs progressed:

Hawks in 7 (weakest)
Cavs in 7 (stronger)
Pistons in 6 (stronger still)
Lakers in 6 (strongest)

I'm saying that when they finally got to put on those rings, they had become a better team than the team Cleveland faced in the 2nd round, and so that version of that team isn't the right one to be making comparisons with.

I'm not selling Cleveland short by any means. I'm merely giving the benefit of the doubt to the team that earned it, and saying that doubt has yet to be erased. I think that's fair - and accurate.

It's not accurate at all to say we would do worse against a team when we improved and they got worse..

The Celtics weren't playing very good in the playoffs till they got to the Pistons.

The Cavalier series with them had some of the worst FG% I have ever seen from both Celtics and Cavaliers. Saying they were stronger in that series is strange, because that series was Cleveland's to win.

DreamShaker
11-19-2008, 01:18 AM
How are the Lakers getting outboarded with two 7 footers?? And Rose is sick....

JordansBulls
11-19-2008, 01:36 AM
God I love Rose, but the Lakers are just too good. They are too big/too long/too deep

EddieB
11-19-2008, 01:38 AM
God I love Rose, but the Lakers are just too good. They are too big/too long/too deep

You should change your name to RoseBulls :clap:

DenButsu
11-19-2008, 01:50 AM
It's not accurate at all to say we would do worse against a team when we improved and they got worse..

The Celtics weren't playing very good in the playoffs till they got to the Pistons.

The Cavalier series with them had some of the worst FG% I have ever seen from both Celtics and Cavaliers. Saying they were stronger in that series is strange, because that series was Cleveland's to win.

Okay, let me put it another way:

Right now, the Nuggets are 7-4 having won 6 of their last 7 games, while the Hornets are 5-4 having lost 4 of their last 5. So based on what's been happening so far this season, it would be easy for me to use these numbers to claim the Nuggets are better than N.O. and could take them in the playoffs, but I'm not such a Nugs homer as to believe that in the bigger, longer term picture things won't balance out to a more normal equilibrium, so I'm not gonna be predicting anything like that until I see Denver owning NOH in their season series, or until I see us two full months ore more into the season with a better record against the best teams.

Yes, the Cavs look fantastic right now. But sample size and rings need to be taken into consideration.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-19-2008, 01:51 AM
Lakers=:down:

JordansBulls
11-19-2008, 01:51 AM
You should change your name to RoseBulls :clap:

He has a lot to prove though.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-19-2008, 01:52 AM

Right now, the Nuggets are 7-4 having won 6 of their last 7 games, while the Hornets are 5-4 having lost 4 of their last 5. So based on what's been happening so far this season, it would be easy for me to use these numbers to claim the Nuggets are better than N.O. and could take them in the playoffs, but I'm not such a Nugs homer as to believe that in the bigger, longer term picture things won't balance out to a more normal equilibrium, so I'm not gonna be predicting anything like that until I see Denver owning NOH in their season series, or until I see us two full months ore more into the season with a better record against the best teams.

Yes, the Cavs look fantastic right now. But sample size and rings need to be taken into consideration.

Very true. Point Denbutsu!

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-19-2008, 02:06 AM
Lakers suck!. They should have blown that small team out of the water.

On a side note. Rose is a bad man. He is super fast and just as fast while dribbling the ball. That is very important. He is going to be a stud for a long time

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-19-2008, 02:15 AM

I see what you are saying now, and I can agree on the point you made. I will be honest I thought you were going in a different direction with your argument. I mean, I think the Cavaliers and Nuggets do have similar situations. You guy's made a impact trade that obviously improved your team, as did the Cavaliers.

As of now we will just have to wait for the playoffs. Hopefully both of our favorite teams will make it.

DenButsu
11-19-2008, 02:23 AM
I see what you are saying now, and I can agree on the point you made. I will be honest I thought you were going in a different direction with your argument. I mean, I think the Cavaliers and Nuggets do have similar situations. You guy's made a impact trade that obviously improved your team, as did the Cavaliers.

As of now we will just have to wait for the playoffs. Hopefully both of our favorite teams will make it.

Yeah, and I'm not saying that the Cavs aren't better than the Celtics now, or that they can't be later, I'm just saying that even if it's true it has yet to be proven convincingly because we just haven't had enough games yet.

JayW_1023
11-19-2008, 05:34 AM
Oden seems to be doing just fine...tonight he didn't look like a bust at all. Goes to show how quickly some people grasp to conclusions.

DenButsu
11-19-2008, 08:23 AM
You're mixing your idioms there, J-dub. ;)

(grasping at straws/jumping to conclusions)

/smart *** comment

DreamShaker
11-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Oden seems to be doing just fine...tonight he didn't look like a bust at all. Goes to show how quickly some people grasp to conclusions.

Yeah he's been solid the past few games and tonight had 20/10....good sign....

JayW_1023
11-19-2008, 12:34 PM
You're mixing your idioms there, J-dub. ;)

(grasping at straws/jumping to conclusions)

/smart *** comment

Thanks, smartass...may the best team win tonight.

:cheers:

JordansBulls
11-19-2008, 12:52 PM
I hate that the Blazers lost to the Warriors because now they will need a win badly tonight and they play us and we have been terrible on the road this year.

DenButsu
11-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Thanks, smartass...may the best team win tonight.

:cheers:

Thanks, we will. :cheers: