PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Jimmie Johnson

Nascar-NJDevils
11-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Congrats to Jimmie Johnson and the #48 Lowes team on winning the NASCAR Sprint Cup for the third consecutive season. Carl Edwards gave it his all but it just wasn't enough. Once again congrats Jimmie Johnson.

MarkieMark48
11-17-2008, 12:48 AM
:dance::dance::dance:
2006-2007-2008

griff141
11-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Congrats to Jimmie Johnson! They always know how to pull it together when it counts. Congrats to Carl Edwards too on a hard fought season! Can't wait for Daytona! Go Junior!!!

SnoopRock
11-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Carl should be holding that trophy he had 9 wins.

MarkieMark48
11-27-2008, 12:50 AM
Carl should be holding that trophy he had 9 wins.

If he didnt pull a bonehead move at talladega he probably would be... bottom line he wasnt as consistant as the 48 in the last 10 races, which is what matters

SnoopRock
11-27-2008, 03:36 PM
If he didnt pull a bonehead move at talladega he probably would be... bottom line he wasnt as consistant as the 48 in the last 10 races, which is what matters
Which is stupid considering there is like 30 races before that. Nascar needs to change the points system where 1st place gets more than 10 points then 2nd place.

MarkieMark48
11-28-2008, 02:01 AM
Which is stupid considering there is like 30 races before that. Nascar needs to change the points system where 1st place gets more than 10 points then 2nd place.

Nascar's "playoff" is the largest percentage of an entire season (regular season + playoffs) of any of the major sports, even when other sports "5 or 7 game series" are taken to the maximum number of games in each rounds

The winner gets 15 more points than second, possibly more, possibly less depending on bonus points.

MarkieMark48
11-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Oh well the system is what it is... every system has flaws

SnoopRock
12-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Oh well the system is what it is... every system has flaws
Yea but if it was changed my boy Carl would have won the damn thing.

MarkieMark48
12-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Yea but if it was changed my boy Carl would have won the damn thing.

(I'm assuming you mean changed back to the old style points system)

You cant say that because Kyle Busch's team wouldnt have paniced after 1 bad race because their point lead was so big. Also, Jimmie Johnson's car was a much better than a 15th place car at Homestead, carl would have won the points by 16 if the classic style points still existed, Jimmie could easily finished in the top 10 at homestead to win the championship if he needed to.

Jimmie went through the same thing Carl went through his first 4 seasons. Carl will get his, right after Jimmie gets out of his groove

SnoopRock
12-05-2008, 01:46 PM
(I'm assuming you mean changed back to the old style points system)

You cant say that because Kyle Busch's team wouldnt have paniced after 1 bad race because their point lead was so big. Also, Jimmie Johnson's car was a much better than a 15th place car at Homestead, carl would have won the points by 16 if the classic style points still existed, Jimmie could easily finished in the top 10 at homestead to win the championship if he needed to.

Jimmie went through the same thing Carl went through his first 4 seasons. Carl will get his, right after Jimmie gets out of his groove

That is exactly what I mean. I know Carl will take it home next year.

MarkieMark48
12-06-2008, 01:09 AM
That is exactly what I mean. I know Carl will take it home next year.

theres not a doubt in my mind it will come down to the 48 and 99 again next year

SnoopRock
12-08-2008, 01:20 PM
theres not a doubt in my mind it will come down to the 48 and 99 again next year
Ford v.s. Chevy as always. I totally agree.

Blackcar09
12-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Kyle Busch would have won it if the standings were the old style

He ran away with it before they pretty evened out the points at the start of the chase

SnoopRock
12-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Kyle Busch would have won it if the standings were the old style

He ran away with it before they pretty evened out the points at the start of the chase
F Him.

griff141
12-12-2008, 12:32 PM

Keep an eye out on Jeff Gordon, he always manages to quietly sneak in the mix. I think the 88 is finally going to have a great season as well, it seemed like every week he'd be awesome at the beginning of the race and then his car would fall off or he'd end up wrecked.

genekirby3324
12-27-2008, 11:21 PM
I cant wait until the new season gets here.Good luck jimmie and I hope jeff and jr pick it up also.....

MarkieMark48
12-31-2008, 12:05 AM
Keep an eye out on Jeff Gordon, he always manages to quietly sneak in the mix. I think the 88 is finally going to have a great season as well, it seemed like every week he'd be awesome at the beginning of the race and then his car would fall off or he'd end up wrecked.

I think Gordon still has "it" but I dont really think he has the motivation anymore, hes got more important things in his life now, and I just dont think he has it in him to go all out like he used to.

About Junior, he will have a solid season, probably similar to last year, somewhere between 0-3 wins, and probably make the chase and finish somewhere between 5-10th