PDA

View Full Version : Best Player of 07 Draft?

SeoulBeatz
11-16-2008, 09:11 PM
A year after the 07 draft, who do you think will be the best player to come out of it?

It was billed as the Oden-Durant draft, but Oden went down. Durant's been playing well but I'm starting to see a lot of other guys step up this year.

So based on what you've seen this year and the improvement of some players, who will be the best of the 07 draft?

I guess you can make a top 5 list if you feel it's neccesary.

here's a link to see the 07 draft class...

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_history/2007.html

Notable players:

Durant: Has been a great scorer so far, hasnt really improved much from his first season though, his overall game needs to develope.

Oden: haven't seen enough to judge

Horford: A solid 12-10 big man, i was expecting to see some better numbers this year, maybe he will turn out to be a career double double guy, a Carlos Boozer type.

Jeff Green: has shown good improvement, has better overall game than durant. He's going to be a stud in this league if he works on his ballhandling. Im seeing a 17-6-3 average soon.

Yi Jianlian: Showing signs of the promise that made him a top pick. He needs to be more aggresive though and stop passing the ball, take it to the hoop YI!

Spencer Hawes: He's playing great in sac-town and shows enough talent to be a 14-9 big in this league.

Thaddeus Young: Has been the Sixers #1 scoring option this season. Has developed a 3 point shot and solid handles and is looking more and more like a stud.

Al Thorton: Great offensive threat, but hes wasting away in clipperland. His potential can only go so far, but as is, he is a very good NBA player.

Rodney Stuckey: The next D Wade (not as good of a jumper though) IMO. He could be an allstar. Has shown very good leadership qualities and will take over once A.I is gone.

Wilson Chandler: Seems to fit into a Shawn Marion mold. Has an amazing overall game, doesnt have superstar potential, but will be a great complimentary player and i can see him possibly making a couple all star games a la the MARION route, it depends on whether or not he will get enough time when Danillo starts playing in that cluttered SF position.

Ramon Sessions: A steal in the 2nd round of the draft. He is a triple double threat every game (which was a big surprise to me). I can see him having a 16-5-6 career average if everything goes right.

Hangtime84
11-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Oden
Durant
Thad Young
Hordford

BADizzleBoY
11-16-2008, 09:16 PM
^ i agree

SeoulBeatz
11-16-2008, 09:19 PM
yeah ill guess ill add to my own list.

1) Durant
2) Oden
3) Young
4) Stuckey
5) Chandler
6) Horford
7) Green
8) Sessions
9) Hawes
10) Thorton

philab
11-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Rodney Stuckey: The next D Wade (not as good of a jumper though) IMO. He could be an allstar. Has shown very good leadership qualities and will take over once A.I is gone.

I love stuff like this . . .

The next D Wade but without as good of a jumper?

That's like saying the next Babe Ruth but without all the power.

Wade wouldn't be half the player he is without that jumper.

There is one thing Wade and Stuckey have in common: the undying love of the national media.

Maybe you're saying Stuckey is/will be half the player Wade is. In that case, I might agree. Right now, though, I think Stuckey is getting overrated like crazy.

As for the topic, I'm liking Hawes a lot lately. Young and Thornton have proven to be very good players already. Horford's still the class of the draft (despite down numbers) until Oden gets some time and Durant shows some consistency. Jury's still out on the rest, but there's some real potential for some.

SensandRaps
11-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Top 5
1. Durant
2. Oden
3. Stuckey
4. Young
5. Horford

Hawkeye15
11-16-2008, 09:30 PM
so far, Durant, then Horford.

Sport
11-16-2008, 09:30 PM
I think when its all said and done that Kevin Durant, Al Horford, and Thaddeus young will be the most talked about out of this draft.

Greg Oden will be talked about, but not for good reasons.

kswissdaf
11-16-2008, 09:42 PM
oden was the wrong pick he will be a defensive stud but noting else

wwwhat
11-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Horford, Young and Rudy Fernandez stick out to me.

AirJordanXVIII
11-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Durant
Horford
Thad

rhino17
11-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Durant
Yi
Thadd
Horford
Thorton

mjt20mik
11-16-2008, 10:30 PM
so far, Durant, then Horford.

Yup, those two are definitely the top 2.

NYMetros
11-16-2008, 10:35 PM
1. Oden
2. Durant
3. Stuckey
4. Young

Lakers4ItAll
11-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Horford and Durant are 1 & 2

Oden doesn't even belong in top 10

BADizzleBoY
11-16-2008, 10:59 PM
people who are putting stuckey in front of young are rediculous

ARMIN12NBA
11-16-2008, 11:01 PM

There is one thing Wade and Stuckey have in common: the undying love of the national media.

Maybe you're saying Stuckey is/will be half the player Wade is. In that case, I might agree. Right now, though, I think Stuckey is getting overrated like crazy.

As for the topic, I'm liking Hawes a lot lately. Young and Thornton have proven to be very good players already. Horford's still the class of the draft (despite down numbers) until Oden gets some time and Durant shows some consistency. Jury's still out on the rest, but there's some real potential for some.

Wade has an average jumper. His jumper isn't very good. Wade has made a living off the free-throw line and driving to the basket. His mid-range game isn't good at all like I said.

BADizzleBoY
11-16-2008, 11:06 PM
^ i agree, for the most part he gets to the line i'd say 8-10 times a game and makes at least 8 points off the foul line each game, he will make another 12-14 points from layups and jumpers. he has a decent jumper though, i just believe too many fans say he has a good jumper because of what he did in the finals a couple years back

KobeIs
11-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Wow, Thornton doesn't seem to be getting the respect he deserves. :bs:

alexander_37
11-16-2008, 11:20 PM
sleeper / homer aaron brooks he will soon be our starting PG and he has really really stepped it up as of late

BADizzleBoY
11-16-2008, 11:21 PM
thornton will always be a 15ppg, 7rpg kinda guy

sunsalltheway03
11-16-2008, 11:22 PM
I think Durant. I thought he should have went number 1 anyways and that Portland made a big mistake. We'll see though. But still Durant. Then Horford.

GiantYankKnicks
11-16-2008, 11:46 PM
1-Kevin Durant
2-Al Horford
3-Greg Oden
4-Thad Young
5-Wilson Chandler
6-Rodney Stuckey

Catfish1314
11-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Right now:

1. Durant
2. Horford
3. Young
4. Thornton
5. Hawes
6. Stuckey
7. Yi

My prediction:

1. Oden
2. Horford
3. Durant
4. Young
5. Stuckey
6. Hawes
7. Yi
8. Thornton

michaellui11
11-16-2008, 11:53 PM
1. Durant
2. Horford
3. Stuckey
4. Thornton
5. Yi
6. Oden
7. Fernandez

philab
11-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Wade has an average jumper. His jumper isn't very good. Wade has made a living off the free-throw line and driving to the basket. His mid-range game isn't good at all like I said.

Well, I certainly wasn't comparing Wade's jumper to Ruth's power, although it came across like that.

The point I was making is still valid. Comments like "Rasheed Wallace could have been one of the best of all-time if he had the intensity" are just ridiculous. That intensity is exactly what separates the Jordans, Birds, etc. from the Wallaces.

Sort of like "if (Pitcher X) had Greg Maddux's control, he'd be an all-time great." Well, ****, how many pitchers in America does that describe? There's HS pitchers who can throw as fast as Maddux, but it's Maddux's control that has made him a HOFer.

Regardless, Wade's mid-range jumper is solid, IMO, although I don't have the stats. I agree he has made his living off the drive/foul routine (and some referees' liberal definitions of "foul").

Happen to agree with me that Stuckey is getting too much love? I want to see some more out of a guy before I start making All-Star predictions.

Lakersfan2483
11-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Horford and Durant are playing the best at this point. Greg Oden has been injured, you really can't judge his play.

29$JerZ
11-17-2008, 12:02 AM
1 - Kevin Durant
2 - Greg oden
3 - Thaddeous Young
4 - Al Horford
5 - Rodney Stuckey
6 - Rudy Fernandez
7 - Ramon Sessions
8 - Brandon Wright
9 - Wilson Chandler
10 - Nick Young

Catfish1314
11-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Spencer Hawes is playing better than most of the players on everyone's lists. It's a shame the Kings are terrible and no one will know how good he is until Sac is relevant again.

Lakers4ItAll
11-17-2008, 12:10 AM
How is everyone putting Oden so high? Kid has barely played and has proven nothing

Yung N Fly
11-17-2008, 12:29 AM
1-Durant [2]
2-Young [12]
3-Horford [3]
4-Sessions [56]
5-Chandler [23]
6-Green [5]
7-Thorton [14]
8-N.Young [16]
9-Fernandez [24]
10-Gasol [48]
11-Hawes [10]
12-Yi [6]
13-Oden [1]
14-Stuckey [15]
15-Brooks [26]

LeBrowns
11-17-2008, 12:31 AM
I don't know how Oden can be on top of anyone's list on account he's put in 1/8 of an NBA season.

JordansBulls
11-17-2008, 12:46 AM
1. Oden
2. Durant
3. Stuckey
4. Young

Why would people put Oden #1 right now?

codes238
11-17-2008, 01:33 AM
i think when we analyze this draft in 15 years itll be:

1.) durant
2.) oden
3.) horford
4.) thad young
5.) stuckey
6.) rudy fernandez
7.) wilson chandler
8.) spencer hawes
9.) thornton
10.) green

ive been very disappointed with conley, his shooting is atrocious and quite frankly at the level he's playing at now he doesnt even belong in the NBA

BADizzleBoY
11-17-2008, 01:11 PM
right now no, oden cant be #1, eventually he will be a great player

fredv
11-17-2008, 01:32 PM
It's funny how you guys forget Luis Scola who is a starter on a contending team and was in the race for ROY last year, finished 4th or 3rd I think?
He has been playing very well for me in Argentina.

So IMO, he is infront of Oden who had done...2 games?

Scola is definitely top 5

+ Brooks > Green

SeoulBeatz
11-17-2008, 07:27 PM
It's funny how you guys forget Luis Scola who is a starter on a contending team and was in the race for ROY last year, finished 4th or 3rd I think?
He has been playing very well for me in Argentina.

So IMO, he is infront of Oden who had done...2 games?

Scola is definitely top 5

+ Brooks > Green

true, maybe now hes top 5, but this thread is about down the road, and in 2 years, scola will be 30 while all these other players wont even be in their prime yet.

i doubt u truly believe that 5 of these players wont be able to beat out scolas modest potential by the time they reach 28 years old.

DreamShaker
11-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Durant.

Draco
11-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Obviously Durants far more reliable than Oden. I'm surprised Noah didn't crack the top 15 on some peoples list.

SeoulBeatz
11-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Obviously Durants far more reliable than Oden. I'm surprised Noah didn't crack the top 15 on some peoples list.

currently Joakim Noah has performed like a top 5-7. But i think his potential can only go so far, which aint bad, cus hes a solid starter in thie league. A true double double threat everynight. But other players have more superstar potential than he does, he was still a pretty good pick though

Kings Faithful
11-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Spencer Hawes is playing better than most of the players on everyone's lists. It's a shame the Kings are terrible and no one will know how good he is until Sac is relevant again.

My thoughts exactly.....

1.Ramon Sessions- 16 ppg 3.6 rpg 5 apg 1 spg---- Substitute

2.Kevin Durant- 21 ppg 4 rpg 1 apg 1 spg ---- Starter

3.Spencer Hawes- 12 ppg 8 rpg 1 apg 2 bpg---- Substitute

4.Thadeus Young- 16 ppg 5.5 rpg 1 apg 1 spg---- Starter

5.Nick Young- 15 ppg 2 rpg 1.6 apg .7 bpg---- Substitute

6.Rudy Fernandez- 13.6 ppg 3 rpg 2 apg 1 spg---- Substitute

7.Al Horford- 10 ppg 9 rpg 3 apg 2 bpg---- Starter

8.Wilson Chandler- 14 ppg 5.4 rpg 1.5 apg 1 spg---- Starter

9.Greg Oden- 7 ppg 6.5 rpg 0 apg 2.5 bpg ---- Substitute

10.Rodney Stuckey- 9 ppg 2.4 rpg 3 apg 1 spg---- Substitute

I did take into account whether each player was a substitute or a starter because some of the players who are subbing would be averaging much more if they had started. The number Sessions is putting up are pretty ridiculous and I was unaware, so i put him at 1 especially because he is coming off the bench. Kevin takes 2 because he's too potent of a scorer but i was tempted to put him at 3 because his all around game is lacking.
3. As a substitute Spencer definitely deserves where he is at in my list at number 3, and until Oden puts up bigger numbers im not thinking otherwise. Thad and Nick Young were very close at 4 and 5 but i gave 4 to Thad because of his rebouding efforts. I think Horford has a very good all around game but i put him where he is because some of the substitutes are averaging better numbers than he is as a starter.

MiamiHeat
11-17-2008, 08:33 PM

:eyebrow:

philsphan28
11-17-2008, 09:31 PM
1. Durant
2. Horford
3. Stuckey
4. Thornton
5. Yi
6. Oden
7. Fernandez

you don't think thad young is even in the top seven? maybe you just forgot to point him. i gotta go:

1. Durant
2. Horford
3. Thad Young
4. Thornton
5. Fernandez
6. Stuckey
7. Hawes
8. Sessions
9. Chandler
10. Nick Young

rosesbulls
11-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Oden
Durant
Thad Young
Hordford

How can you put a guy who has played 1 and a half games in his career #1

valade16
11-19-2008, 04:13 AM
Its funny how your guys' hobby seems to be bashing Oden. First, the thread was who was the best from the 07 draft, the best player fromt that draft isn't going to be who has played the best year, it's going to be who will have the best career, or who will accomplish the most, and that is Oden.

To all you haters, you must have missed his 22 points and 8 boards off the bench in 24 minutes? Discount his first game for a minute (the one he barely played in because he got hurt) and he's averaging 12.25 points, 7.25 boards, 2.75 blocks, on 61% shooting in only 20 minutes a game...

That's after 4 games, imagine what he'll do over the season, yeah, to all you haters, your looking pretty dumb right about now...

MylesKong
11-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Horford, Durant, Young

Only giving Durant the nod over Thad because he's been starting since he's been in the league. I really think Thad is better. But I must give him the chance to prove it over an entire season, not just 10 games.

GregOden#1
11-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Its funny how your guys' hobby seems to be bashing Oden. First, the thread was who was the best from the 07 draft, the best player fromt that draft isn't going to be who has played the best year, it's going to be who will have the best career, or who will accomplish the most, and that is Oden.

To all you haters, you must have missed his 22 points and 8 boards off the bench in 24 minutes? Discount his first game for a minute (the one he barely played in because he got hurt) and he's averaging 12.25 points, 7.25 boards, 2.75 blocks, on 61% shooting in only 20 minutes a game...

That's after 4 games, imagine what he'll do over the season, yeah, to all you haters, your looking pretty dumb right about now...

22/10/2/2/66% shooting/86% from the foul line and 4 offensive rebounds was the statline last night. And he's not even in game shape yet.

philab
11-19-2008, 06:42 PM

Yeah, I've always wondered why everyone wrote Oden off as only having the potential to be a great defender, in the mold of Mourning or Mutumbo.

It should be noted that Oden was a proficient scorer at Ohio State with his dominant hand in a cast for half the season and healing the other half. The guy was shooting almost 70% from the line with his left hand all season! There was a lot of talk that year about how the injury would help him become a great offensive force because of how it forced him to use his off hand so much.

Anyone who remembers the NCAA Championship from that year will remember Oden had a great game against the likes of Noah, Horford, and Brewer. Noah and Horford certainly aren't defensive slouches and Oden gave them fits (and he was just barely 19).

Basically, no one except Indiana HS basketball fans have seen this guy play at full strength. Within a month or so he could be back to 100% and then we'll get to really give the guy a good look. I still think he's the class of that draft, but only time will tell.

valade16
11-20-2008, 04:06 AM
Exactly my point, everyones forgotten Oden yet he just had another double-double (11 and 10 along with 3 blocks) or 3 in the past 4 games...

He is dominating in like 20 minutes a game and no one here seems to think he's near the best from that draft.

If the Blazers took Durant do you think he'd be scoring 20 a game? Probably not, probably somewhere around 16 points, besides, his rebounding numbers are pretty low for a guy his height...

KH12
11-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Give me Al Horford and I'm a happy guy.

haircanada
11-20-2008, 05:25 PM
stuckey