PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Next Big Trade?

Lakers4ItAll
11-16-2008, 05:40 PM
We already seen AI/Billups, so who's the next big name player you think will be traded ?

JordansBulls
11-16-2008, 05:45 PM
At first I thought it would be Vince Carter, but I think he will stay unless he demands out. I actually think Dirk could get traded if things don't change for the Mavs. Not that Dirk is the problem but he may want to go somewhere else now.

superkegger
11-16-2008, 05:46 PM
It's going to be awhile before a big name, if any, get traded this season. al harrington is bound to be moved at some point in the at least somewhat near future. though hes not a big name. I think teams still need time to evaluate how things are working and what they need and what they want to do as far as personnel goes. So it will be another couple months before any big names move if they do IMO>

MiamiHeat
11-16-2008, 05:50 PM
hopefully the Heat make a big trade
to acquire a good C

ShaunRiching9
11-16-2008, 05:54 PM
i dont know if Gerald wallace is considerd a bg name buts hes likely to be moved and hes really god

thapharcyd
11-16-2008, 05:58 PM
hopefully the Heat make a big trade
to acquire a good C

Ironic how they trade Shaq, now need a center. We trade Marion and need another Marion like player... haha

MiamiHeat
11-16-2008, 06:00 PM
^ :laugh2: yes very lol
give us robin lopez :p

Lakers4ItAll
11-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Maybe the Suns can trade Boris n Barbosa for Marion

Ironic how they trade Shaq, now need a center. We trade Marion and need another Marion like player... haha

BADizzleBoY
11-16-2008, 06:01 PM
marion and harrington for sure will be gone

KB24PG16
11-16-2008, 06:03 PM
marion and harrington for sure will be gone

marion for harrington

fredv
11-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Marion + Crap for Wallace.

MiamiHeat
11-16-2008, 06:08 PM
^ Wallace as in Rasheed or Ben?

Spurred1
11-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Dirk will probably be traded to some team in the East for young guys and picks (Cuban's not going to help out any Western Conf. team) that already has a main guy but is in need of another scorer to advance. Dallas is in need of some more young ones. Kidd's an expiring, so the Mavs will most likely let his contract run out and pick up someone decent in the offseason.

JIDsanity
11-16-2008, 06:12 PM
I see Dirk with the pacers

Spurred1
11-16-2008, 06:14 PM
I see Dirk with the pacers
I'm not familiar with the Pacers-so is Granger their main guy? Are you saying this would happen because of Carlisle's past with them?
Who could they offer the Mavs?

Lakers4ItAll
11-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Who would ever want Ben now???

NYKnickFanatic
11-16-2008, 06:29 PM

GERALD Wallace. Come on man...

JIDsanity
11-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm not familiar with the Pacers-so is Granger their main guy? Are you saying this would happen because of Carlisle's past with them?
Who could they offer the Mavs?

Yes, because of Carlisle. I love Granger, but I don't look at him as a leader. Dirk fits the Pacers style of play perfectly. The last remaining piece the Pacers need is a PF :
Ford
Rush- I truly believe he can start now, but no doubt he will next season
Granger
Drik
C-Free agency

Contending squad for the pacers, but as far as them offering players? I have no clue, because I am not aware of Indy's pick situation, and as I look at their
roster I think they need to make a few more moves to clear up cap, before they do anything. Maybe they can give up Hibbert and sign a 10 and 10 defensive center in the off season
So:
Hibbert
2 first rounds
and expiring's

Hawkeye15
11-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Yes, because of Carlisle. I love Granger, but I don't look at him as a leader. Dirk fits the Pacers style of play perfectly. The last remaining piece the Pacers need is a PF :
Ford
Granger
Drik
C-Free agency

Contending squad for the pacers, but as far as them offering players? I have no clue, because I am not aware of Indy's pick situation, and as I look at their
roster I think they need to make a few more moves to clear up cap, before they do anything. Maybe they can give up Hibbert and sign a 10 and 10 defensive center in the off season
So:
Hibbert
2 first rounds
and expiring's

They could give them Nesterovic, Foster, and Hibbert, plus 2 #1's. But, Indiana would then be stuck with that team for a while, which could be good or bad. Basically, no flexibility. The Mavs, would have $35 million coming off the books this summer to start over.

JIDsanity
11-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Dallas:
Kidd-21 mill expiring
Green
Howard
Bass
Dampier-next to go for cap
Jason Terry can get them value from a team that needs him. The Mav's will be set for rebuilding, because they can draft a PG, Jennings maybe? Draft bench players Then sign young FA's and Vets with the right attitude with all the cap they got.

JIDsanity
11-16-2008, 06:46 PM
They could give them Nesterovic, Foster, and Hibbert, plus 2 #1's. But, Indiana would then be stuck with that team for a while, which could be good or bad. Basically, no flexibility. The Mavs, would have $35 million coming off the books this summer to start over.

Yeah, that would be insane for the Mav's, but could be a disaster for the pacers if they don't contend. I looked at Indy's roster, and I don't understand some of the contracts they have. Mike Duneavly and Troy Murphy are decent players and all, but 10 mill and 9 mill.:confused:

Giannis94
11-16-2008, 06:47 PM
dude sorry to break ur heart but they traded next yrs pick for kidd in that same deal

I can see something with redd because everyone is fed up with himand tired of him shooting the whole time and were playing good with jefferson as the main star

JIDsanity
11-16-2008, 06:59 PM
dude sorry to break ur heart but they traded next yrs pick for kidd in that same deal

I can see something with redd because everyone is fed up with himand tired of him shooting the whole time and were playing good with jefferson as the main star

Not a Dallas fan, or Pacers fan. And I was talking about the Pacers picks. They can't win this year with no Center

Kyben36
11-16-2008, 07:05 PM
I could see Dirk to the Bulls becasue Cuban is trying to take the Cubs, But other than that i dont see many big names. Maybe Ben Walace for Zack Randolph. Marion for Odom. I could also see some bigs on the move. Bogut doesnt fit in Skiles system and Kaman could be gone becasue of Both loosing and if they could get a 2010 expiring, they would be in Gr8 shape. With Camby, Mobley, and a few others coming off. 2 stars with Barron would make a Gr8 team. Also Okafor was upset and wanted out eirlier. they are also loosing and could trade him as well.
I would love to see the Gasol, Bynum thing fail and see one of them to the Bulls. But hey, You can only hope

x_notorious
11-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Likely candidates:

Gerald Wallace
Al Harrington

jgonboricua
11-16-2008, 07:24 PM
i would see maybe dallas doind a deal with chicago somewhere along the lines of gooden and hinrich for dirk.
just really want to see the bulls get a solid big man, wether is a kamen/okafor type or dirk

jgonboricua
11-16-2008, 07:25 PM
im also going to be the first one to say it but i can see baron davis being traded either by this deadline or next summer if the Clipps expieriment keeps going the way it is.

IndyRealist
11-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah, that would be insane for the Mav's, but could be a disaster for the pacers if they don't contend. I looked at Indy's roster, and I don't understand some of the contracts they have. Mike Duneavly and Troy Murphy are decent players and all, but 10 mill and 9 mill.:confused:

The Pacers didn't signed those players, they signed with Golden State and Indiana traded for them to get rid of Stephen Jackson, who couldn't manage to stay out of fights at strip clubs. The Pacers were cleaning up their image, they had to take back bad contracts in return.

Brandon Rush isn't ready to start. His shot isn't falling and he regularly looks lost in the offense. He's getting playing time because he's our second best perimeter defender, aside from Granger. The effort's there, but he hasn't adjusted to the pace of the NBA game. For Brandon to start this season, he would have to outplay Mike Dunleavy (19ppg, 5rpg, 3.5apg) AND Marquis Daniels (15ppg, 6.3rpg, 2.7apg), not likely for a rookie SG not named Mayo.

I doubt Indiana trades all of it's size for Nowitzki, they're already thin up front. That trade leaves them...1 person who can play C (Murphy), and no one to back him up. Dampier and Diop both have several years left on their contracts, and both are pretty untradeable, so I don't see Dallas trading for bigs.

More likely, would be Nesterovic (8.4M expiring), Jamaal Tinsley (talented but troubled PG), Brandon Rush (future starting SG), and a 1st rd draft pick for Dirk. Combined with Jason Kidd, they'd drop $30M in salary next year, have a promising SG in Rush, and a pick to fill their holes. Jamaal Tinsley would not be a long term answer, but rather a stop-gap PG for them to concentrate on rebuilding other areas.

If Indiana is going into "win now" mode, then giving up Rush and a pick, along with cap space, makes sense. I just think expectations are so low this year for the Pacers, that they feel no pressure to make a big trade, except to move Tinsley.

IversonIsKrazy
11-16-2008, 07:57 PM
I dont know if sum of these r big names or not, so just throwing it out there.

Gerald Wallace
Al Harrington
Dirk Nowitski
Josh Howard

_Sn1P3r_
11-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Likely candidates:

Gerald Wallace
Al Harrington

That's what I think too. Maybe even Marion for a good C.

Hawkeye15
11-16-2008, 08:14 PM
The Pacers didn't signed those players, they signed with Golden State and Indiana traded for them to get rid of Stephen Jackson, who couldn't manage to stay out of fights at strip clubs. The Pacers were cleaning up their image, they had to take back bad contracts in return.

Brandon Rush isn't ready to start. His shot isn't falling and he regularly looks lost in the offense. He's getting playing time because he's our second best perimeter defender, aside from Granger. The effort's there, but he hasn't adjusted to the pace of the NBA game. For Brandon to start this season, he would have to outplay Mike Dunleavy (19ppg, 5rpg, 3.5apg) AND Marquis Daniels (15ppg, 6.3rpg, 2.7apg), not likely for a rookie SG not named Mayo.

I doubt Indiana trades all of it's size for Nowitzki, they're already thin up front. That trade leaves them...1 person who can play C (Murphy), and no one to back him up. Dampier and Diop both have several years left on their contracts, and both are pretty untradeable, so I don't see Dallas trading for bigs.

More likely, would be Nesterovic (8.4M expiring), Jamaal Tinsley (talented but troubled PG), Brandon Rush (future starting SG), and a 1st rd draft pick for Dirk. Combined with Jason Kidd, they'd drop $30M in salary next year, have a promising SG in Rush, and a pick to fill their holes. Jamaal Tinsley would not be a long term answer, but rather a stop-gap PG for them to concentrate on rebuilding other areas.

If Indiana is going into "win now" mode, then giving up Rush and a pick, along with cap space, makes sense. I just think expectations are so low this year for the Pacers, that they feel no pressure to make a big trade, except to move Tinsley.

Tinsley is the definition of untradeable. His contract is for 3 more years. They have to suck it up, and buy him out. I agree that would leave them vunerable up front a bit, but it is the east. There are only a couple of teams that are big per say.

Ford
Rush
Granger
Dirk
whatever

Would be a better starting lineup than almost anyone. With Daniels, Murphy, Dunleavy, Graham, and Jack off the bench, that could be a team. Maybe keep Hibbert, and throw in Eddie Jones or Baston's expiring deal.

CB30
11-16-2008, 08:48 PM
marion for harrington

lol i wish

Lakers4ItAll
11-16-2008, 10:51 PM
What does that have to do with anything???

I could see Dirk to the Bulls becasue Cuban is trying to take the Cubs,

phlp_bj
11-16-2008, 11:16 PM
do u guys see duncan/manu/parker possibly getting traded because of their horrendous start?

superkegger
11-16-2008, 11:24 PM
do u guys see duncan/manu/parker possibly getting traded because of their horrendous start?

absolutely not.

Lakers4ItAll
11-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Not a chance

KB24PG16
11-16-2008, 11:35 PM
when did dirk get on trading block

djeller1139
11-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Marco Bellinelli

michaellui11
11-16-2008, 11:49 PM
i see something like kaman+mobley for wallace

Bulls09champs
11-17-2008, 01:23 AM
TRADE DIRK TO THE BULLS..........
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~6~6&te=&cash=

U guys would get Larry Hughes who expires in 2010, our hottest player beside BG & D-Rose... NOCIONI... and Tyrus Thomas... plus we could throw in a future 1st round pick

Preuss-is-right
11-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Ford
Granger
Drik
C-Free agency

So:
Hibbert
2 first rounds
and expiring's

Dont the Pacers have Dunleavey and Murphy? If they got Dirk they would have to be the whitest team since the 50's!

lakerboy
11-17-2008, 02:33 AM
Harrington, Curry, Gerald Wallace, Josh Howard?

mrblisterdundee
11-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Gerald Wallace seems like a possibility. I think Michael Jordan is just that dumb.

GunFactor187
11-17-2008, 12:02 PM

no....John Wallace :rolleyes:

BooCain
11-17-2008, 12:32 PM
I see Dirk being traded probably to a team like the Bulls. I can see the Bulls Unloading young guys like Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah and Maybe Kirk Hinrich. Dallas could use a guy like Hinrich to be there future pg.

Master Mind
11-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Can the Heat trade Marion for Dirk?...Whats the possibilities?