PDA

View Full Version : Shaq saying Kobe and him never really had a problem

JJ_JKidd
11-16-2008, 12:14 PM
"I swear to God we never had a problem," O'Neal, now with the Phoenix Suns, said during an interview posted Friday on the Web site of the Sacramento Bee. "On the court, we never had a problem.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_10990499

KB24PG16
11-16-2008, 12:27 PM
:pity:

OY!
11-16-2008, 12:44 PM
:pity:

wow. this is like the 3rd article this month that Shaq is trying to be nice to the lakers. I think now since it's obvious that the Suns are pretty much not going anywhere far this season or the season after that and so on, he realizses the real best team in the NBA and just wants to come back to the Lakers to get a free ring.

Kabowdos
11-16-2008, 12:56 PM
LOL - if Shaq came back to the Lakers I would laugh.

philab
11-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Wow, who cares?

This was a stupid story to begin with and now, almost five years later, it's even worse.

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-16-2008, 02:00 PM
So I guess Phil wrote this wack @$$ rhyme for Shaq then???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtbilFAG7ac

Hellcrooner
11-16-2008, 03:18 PM
ive always thought that he would come back, to ensure his number is retired.

what intrigues me if he could come back NOW, for odom and one of the horrible contracts (walton or Radmanovic).

He could teach LOTS of things to Bynum, and ariza is good enough to start at Sf.

Catfish1314
11-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Shaq flip flops more than John Kerry.

Shaq back 2 L.A
11-16-2008, 03:32 PM
i would trade lamar mihm walton and a 2nd for shaq so we can have cap space for lebron and so he can teach bynum some things

S.J.Basketball
11-16-2008, 03:45 PM
How does Kobe's *** taste? Shaq is kissing it hardcore lately.

sunsalltheway03
11-16-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm obviously a Suns fan, but even I think Shaq really is just sounding stupid saying this. Of course they had problems. If there's a problem off the court, then it will affect you on the court. Especially when its your teammate.

theuuord
11-16-2008, 03:54 PM
it's only entertainment...

same thing with kanye and 50.
the whole thing was made up by kanye to sell records.

kobe and shaq made the nba big money with this stuff.

it's only entertainment.

Lakers4ItAll
11-16-2008, 04:44 PM
I sure am tired of the Kobe/Shaq story give it up people

cahawk
11-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Why would Shaq want to come back to the laker's?
He was smart enough to escape from kobe, why would he want to come back.
He carried the laker's to 3 titles, if he came back he is no longer in his prime and could not carry them to a title and kobe can't do it.
I think Shaq is smart in being the bigger man and being diplomatic towards kobe yet smart enough to keep his distance.
And the Suns are underrated, he could still win another title

Lakers4ItAll
11-17-2008, 12:11 AM
All you people act as if Shaq won anything before Kobe.... They needed eachother to win

He carried the laker's to 3 titles, if he came back he is no longer in his prime and could not carry them to a title and kobe can't do it.
I think Shaq is smart in being the bigger man and being diplomatic towards kobe yet smart enough to keep his distance.

ARMIN12NBA
11-17-2008, 12:17 AM

How is he being the bigger man? Shaq was always dissing Kobe, the Lakers, Buss, etc. after he left for no reason. Kobe has kept his quiet and moved on. Shaq is clinging to this old story for dear life for some reason that it is ridiculous. Move on Shaq! This obsession is unhealthy!

LeBrowns
11-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Key words "on the court"

Lone Maverick
11-17-2008, 12:47 AM
2 things...

1. this story was old 4 years ago
and
2. It isn't like Shaq is holding press conferences about Kobe, it sounds like he was asked a question and just answered it

Marius
11-17-2008, 11:21 AM
wow. this is like the 3rd article this month that Shaq is trying to be nice to the lakers. I think now since it's obvious that the Suns are pretty much not going anywhere far this season or the season after that and so on, he realizses the real best team in the NBA and just wants to come back to the Lakers to get a free ring.

Buddy, Shaq would start over Bynum no question, even when he's 40.

And Shaq and Kobe were awesome together, he was the reason the lakers won a lot of ships too. Why are you being so ignorant?

lakerboy
11-17-2008, 11:33 AM
:D

Shaq's trying to be gracious to Kobe, just to be sure KB24 won't hit him back with a "now how does my *** taste" after he wins the NBA title this year, or if LA faces the Suns in the playoffs.

mrblisterdundee
11-17-2008, 11:37 AM

No offense to your logic, but Shaq is the reason Kobe has ever won a ring.

OY!
11-17-2008, 04:16 PM

:down:

OY!
11-17-2008, 04:18 PM
No offense to your logic, but Shaq is the reason Kobe has ever won a ring.

and Kobe was the reason Shaq would ever get a ring. they had to do it together buddy. If you want to play it that way. Shaq can't win **** without a superstar guard. (Penny, Kobe and Wade)

Yogi
11-17-2008, 04:23 PM
This is older then Martha Stewart.

JAZZNC
11-17-2008, 04:26 PM
and Kobe was the reason Shaq would ever get a ring. they had to do it together buddy. If you want to play it that way. Shaq can't win **** without a superstar guard. (Penny, Kobe and Wade)

See the thing is is that Shaq as a very, very young player got to the Finals before Kobe, then won 3 titles as the unquestioned leader with Kobe and then won another title without Kobe so I think it's slightly more skeewed than you'd like to think.

ARMIN12NBA
11-17-2008, 06:09 PM

And Shaq and Kobe were awesome together, he was the reason the lakers won a lot of ships too. Why are you being so ignorant?

Not really. Andrew Bynum is the best defensive player in the NBA. Why would ANY team start Shaq over Bynum? Bynum is a much better defensive player at this point and a better rebounder. Shaq only has better scoring numbers, but that is because Bynum has to share the load with Kobe/Gasol/LO.

ARMIN12NBA
11-17-2008, 06:12 PM
See the thing is is that Shaq as a very, very young player got to the Finals before Kobe, then won 3 titles as the unquestioned leader with Kobe and then won another title without Kobe so I think it's slightly more skeewed than you'd like to think.

See the thing is, Kobe got to the Finals without Shaq and can go to many more without Shaq.

Shaq would have been nowhere near the Finals had it not been for Dwyane Wade and Alonzo Mourning as well as Wade's 20 free-throws per game. :D

BTW--Shaq wasn't the leader of those teams. He was the best player. Just not the leader. He was lazy and unmotivated. The vets and even Kobe were more of leaders than Shaq was during the three-peat years. But, of course, Shaq was the most dominant and the best on the team. But he wasn't a leader.