PDA

View Full Version : NBA finals - who will make it and who will win?

Kabowdos
11-16-2008, 11:50 AM
My pick this year is the Lakers VS Cavs

I think LeBron and his team are going to take out the Celtics. It is going to be hard road to the finals but I think LeBron will do it again.
Lakers will have an easier time since I think they are undoubtedly the best team in the Western Conference right now. I don't see any team as a real threat but the season is still early.

Lakers win in 7 games.

Lakers4ItAll
11-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Exactly so why start the thread....

I think LeBron and his team are going to take out the Celtics. It is going to be hard road to the finals but I think LeBron will do it again.
Lakers will have an easier time since I think they are undoubtedly the best team in the Western Conference right now. I don't see any team as a real threat but the season is still early.
Lakers win in 7 games.

JordansBulls
11-16-2008, 05:58 PM

Lakers win in 7 games.

How about we let a few months go by first before we decide. Pretty much by the trade deadline you will know how good each team is.

Hawkeye15
11-16-2008, 06:31 PM
It is early. I am sticking with my original picks, New Orleans vs Cleveland. But I would not be surprised to see LAL in it. Health is the key for all the contenders

theuuord
11-16-2008, 07:44 PM
I don't see it as too early. People make preseason predictions all the time; are those too early, too?

It's a long season but that doesn't mean that we can't take a guess at predicting the future. Just take a seven-game sample with the appropriate grain of salt.

Anyway, my preseason guess is still the same, Lakers-Celtics. However, if every player on both teams is healthy come playoff time, the series will almost assuredly go seven games. I have no idea who would win...

IversonIsKrazy
11-16-2008, 08:04 PM
its way too early, but i gotta say a 2004 re-match. Lakers VS Pistons. And i c pistons winning it all!

mlisica19
11-16-2008, 08:16 PM
its never too early to have a fun by predicting...

Lakers have the best team in the league right now, Boston can compare and is a close 2nd but Kobe is playing amazing ball as well as the entire team and bench. Lakers are taking it all the way against Lebron

Paul is going to win MVP and Kobe will take DMVP

_Sn1P3r_
11-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Exactly so why start the thread....

Haha, agree.

ARMIN12NBA
11-16-2008, 08:25 PM
It's early, but I will go with Lakers-Celtics re-match with the Lakers winning.

JordansBulls
11-16-2008, 08:33 PM
In case you were wondering we did a vote before the season began and this was the outcome.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268996

goku
11-16-2008, 08:43 PM
its waaaay to early

ARMIN12NBA
11-16-2008, 08:49 PM
In case you were wondering we did a vote before the season began and this was the outcome.

Lakers win...and never doubt PSD because PSD is the one and only truth. :worthy:

Hawkeye15
11-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Lakers win...and never doubt PSD because PSD is the one and only truth. :worthy:

the truth is, there are more Laker fans on PSD than any other team by a landslide. That is the truth. They have a great team, no doubt. But they have to earn it like everyone else.

Shaq back 2 L.A
11-16-2008, 09:03 PM
lakers v.s. celtics lakers win in 5 or 6. kobe dpoy and mvp

ARMIN12NBA
11-16-2008, 09:06 PM
the truth is, there are more Laker fans on PSD than any other team by a landslide. That is the truth. They have a great team, no doubt. But they have to earn it like everyone else.

I was joking muh man.

BTW-- Who cares if the Lakers have more fans on PSD than any other teams fans? There is more combined non-Laker fans on PSD. Not to mention the Lakers don't win the PSD championship every year. This is the first time so it has nothing to do with bias. The GM's and ESPN analysts picked the Lakers as well so it is not like it was a reach.

Westbrook36
11-16-2008, 09:06 PM
lakers v.s. celtics lakers win in 5 or 6. kobe dpoy and mvp

Lets put him on the Rookie Team too? Slam Dunk Champion + Three Point Champion

Hawkeye15
11-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I was joking muh man.

BTW-- Who cares if the Lakers have more fans on PSD than any other teams fans? There is more combined non-Laker fans on PSD. Not to mention the Lakers don't win the PSD championship every year. This is the first time so it has nothing to do with bias. The GM's and ESPN analysts picked the Lakers as well so it is not like it was a reach.

calling it a reach is stupid, for sure. I am new, relatively speaking, to PSD, so my b. But, if you did a poll, on every team, to see how many posters were fans of what team, I find it hard to believe LA wouldn't win in a big way. That was all I was saying.

cmstophe
11-16-2008, 11:31 PM
I dont know, but someone said CP3 will be MVP. Lebron has got to be in the lead for MVP so far this season. It's just ridiculous to say he isn't. But it's still very early...I think Lebron will win MVP, personally.

If I absolutely HAD to guess a Finals matchup...I'm sorry but it'd have to be Lakers vs Celtics. Again. :/

king4day
11-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Hawks/Kings

king4day
11-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Sorry fellas, wrong thread.

Lakersfan2483
11-16-2008, 11:53 PM

Lakers win in 7 games.

It's early to predict, but if every team is healthy, the top teams are, LA, Boston, Cleveland, Detroit and New Orleans. Utah has not been healthy and neither has San Antonio. If I had to pick two teams right now it would be, LA vs. Boston.

*The Cavs have a great chance of pulling an upset this year. I also like Toronto's team.

Testaverde16
11-17-2008, 12:43 AM

A lot has changed since the beginning of the season, the Celtics almost lost to the Bucks who didn't have Redd or Villanueva, two major players switched teams, cleveland has looked real good, let people discuss.

I'll pick Lakers and the Pistons.

JordansBulls
11-17-2008, 01:21 AM
A lot has changed since the beginning of the season, the Celtics almost lost to the Bucks who didn't have Redd or Villanueva, two major players switched teams, cleveland has looked real good, let people discuss.

I'll pick Lakers and the Pistons.

And Pistons just lost to the Suns who the Rockets beat who the Lakers beat.
:D

sunsalltheway03
11-17-2008, 01:27 AM
I think Lakers vs. Celtics once again. Should be an interesting series, but as of now, I have the Lakers winning it. They really are a force to be reckoned with so far.

LeBrowns
11-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Detroit is still a very solid team, but even with the addition of Iverson I think we've seen the last of them as legitimate title contenders. Conference Finals yes, NBA finals no.

mrblisterdundee
11-17-2008, 11:52 AM
If Shaq stays motivated, the Suns could threaten the Lakers. They're just as deep, and Amare will own on Pau. It will probably be the Lakers taking home the trophy this year.
I also predict Boston or Detroit going to the finals.