PDA

View Full Version : Braves-Tigers trade?

braves95
11-16-2008, 08:41 AM
Tell me what you think of this trade

Baves get Magglio Ordonez and the tigers get tyler flowers or clint sammons, yunel escobar and a relief pitcher (boyer,acosta,ect) let em take their pick

The tigers get a ss, good young catching, and an arm in the bullpen and the braves get the big bat that they nees.

tell me what you think of the trade to much to get him, not enough, or is the idea just plain retarted

vinnybobhockeyt
11-16-2008, 09:58 AM
will everyone please stop with the trades w/the atlanta braves organization.first,mags is not going anywhere unless its the deal of the century,secondly the braves fleece us every time we trade with them.examples:doyle alexander for john smolts....edgar renteria for jair juurjens and gorkys hernandez,clearly the braves have our number so i say stay as far away from them as possible...lol...they don't have anymore ex-marlins on their team,do they?

Nizzle20
11-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Maggs wont be dealt unless the deal is much in our favor. I read yeserday about this staight from Dombrowski's mouth.

JackB
11-16-2008, 10:09 AM
First off that Alexander trade for Smotz turned out pretty well for the Tigers. THAT season. He finished 11-0 and got them to the playoffs. Smotz was a top prspect.That trade had to be made.
And Maggs will be traded. BUT only if its one that will help the Tigers and is a no brainer for them. I hope its more than one brain that in involved with the decesion making . I'm not sure DD 's brain is enough. But as far as my feelings go. If we can get a good solid trade Maggs should be gone. This is a business not a love affair.

Sheffies Chef
11-16-2008, 08:31 PM
yea, and on the business part of it... Magglio sells tickets and Merch.

being the most popular tiger (or one of) helps.

HCo HERO
11-17-2008, 03:23 PM
What would it take for Verlander. (what's his salary)

package of:

Yunel Escobar (top ten ML SS under team control)
Rafeal Soriano (Closer)
Tyler Flowers (Beast of a catcher blocked by McCannready 2-3 years)
Charlie Morton (ML ready SP mid rotation ceiling)
Cole Rohborough (Top of the rotation Ceiling ready in 2 years)

i see Verlander as a way to cover multiple holes with your team, without adding payroll. You guys could sign Sheets or Dempster to head your rotation.

mr.jobe85
11-17-2008, 04:00 PM
What would it take for Verlander. (what's his salary)

package of:

Yunel Escobar (top ten ML SS under team control)
Rafeal Soriano (Closer)
Tyler Flowers (Beast of a catcher blocked by McCannready 2-3 years)
Charlie Morton (ML ready SP mid rotation ceiling)
Cole Rohborough (Top of the rotation Ceiling ready in 2 years)

i see Verlander as a way to cover multiple holes with your team, without adding payroll. You guys could sign Sheets or Dempster to head your rotation.

Have you lost your mind we wouldn't give all this to get peavy we def. would give it for a guy that isn't half of peavy. Me personally i wouldn't give you any of two up there for verlander the only thing he has proved is that hw has 100mph fastball and that is it.

HCo HERO
11-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Have you lost your mind we wouldn't give all this to get peavy we def. would give it for a guy that isn't half of peavy. Me personally i wouldn't give you any of two up there for verlander the only thing he has proved is that hw has 100mph fastball and that is it.

You offer more bc his contract is nothing and they have a top 15 arm and they need convincing....like if someone wanted Jair Jurgens, we would need them to convince us.