PDA

View Full Version : Early Season preview: East better than West.

fairandbalanced
11-16-2008, 12:46 AM
It's been a while now that the west has been dominating the East, even though they have not dominated championships. The East has been rebuilding for quite a while, but that may be finally paying off. I know it is still early but the East is a lot more competitive than the west. If the Lakers were in the East, they would have lost at least 3 games, that is how good teams in the East are this season. Your thoughts?

avsman05
11-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Their are quite a few teams that are much better in the East but they still can't compete with Boston/Detroit in a playoff series. West has 8 teams that can.

cmstophe
11-16-2008, 03:23 AM
Their are quite a few teams that are much better in the East but they still can't compete with Boston/Detroit in a playoff series. West has 8 teams that can.

Seriously? The Lakers could barely compete with the Celtics in a 7 game series, and they are supposed to be the juggernaut of the West. although that was last year...

IndiansFan337
11-16-2008, 03:42 AM
The West is surely better, there is no doubt about it.

The turnover rate will eventually catch up though.

If the East keeps finishing worse they will continue to get high lottery picks & eventually will surpass the West.

The West is aging. They are better right now, there is no doubt about it. But many player's in the West are on the downside of their career. That could be the beginning of the turnover.

Tblaze
11-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Still the west, but there's a few teams that are facing rebuilding mode in a year or 2: Dallas, Phoenix, San Antonio. On the other hand there's a few up and coming teams too, Lakers (already up there, but with Bynum they have a bright future too), New Orleans (getting better every year), Portland (maybe not yet this season, but hey, they're the 2nd youngest team in the league). In the West I could see either, Lakers, NO or Houston make the finals.

THe east surely got better this year though. I think with the loss of Posey Boston did get a bit weaker, but they're still the team to beat. Detroit is looking good with AI. And the Cavs right now are definantly #3. These are the ones making a shot at the finals IMO.