PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bogut gets screwed over

hgtiger32
11-16-2008, 12:01 AM
I don't know if it will make Sports Center but here's what happend.

Bucks vs Celtics

Andrew Bogut goes up for a putback and on his follow threw he ACCIDENTALLY hits Kevin Garnett...Kevin Garnett then throws a punch at Bogut. The refs even looked at the replay and gave a technical but the catch is that that was Bogut's 2nd technical of the game so he got ejected....what's everyone's thoguhts on this if you saw it????

Kyben36
11-16-2008, 12:05 AM
IDK, I havnt seen it but it sounds like more than a Bump. KG is a big dude and I dont think he would get that pissed about a small bump on a putback and Punch someone in the face. But Did Bogut Retaliate. Did he go after KG. or did he just walk away. I dont see the hole truth in this story. I think something is missing. When did this Bump hapen. did it okur on the atempt or afterwords on the way back. all this is nesisary to know the hole story. It sounds like you are a big Bucks fan and dont read into the hole story. But if Bogut retaliated then he deserves a Tech. I'v considered calling up Paxon and telling him to send in a Scrub to punch and player who has 1 Tech already so he would retaliate and Get ejected himself. Not a Nobody eiter though. Like a KG, Kobe, or Wade caliber player.

m26555
11-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Considering Bogut is a well-known scumbag, I have a hard time believing that he "accidentally" hit anyone...

ARMIN12NBA
11-16-2008, 12:12 AM
If you can give a link to a video of this, I would very much appreciate it. I can't really form an opinion on this because I really have to see the video to make a judgment on whether the T was fair or not.

lakers4sho
11-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Nah Bogut probably didn't do anything serious.

After all KG assaulted Jose Calderon who we all saw didn't do anything.

tonyd3b54
11-16-2008, 12:17 AM
mk for the people that want to know wat really happened... bogut got fouled by kg... while goin up his hands came back down at a pretty high velocity...im not sayin it was on purpose but i kno hands dont fall that fast on their own... then kg threw a SHOVE not a punch and bogut hardly even moved... there were double Ts called on both and bogut was out... idont think it deserved a technical cuz i see that kind of stuff go on alot...

JJ_JKidd
11-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Bogut reacted by asking the ref if he had seen the KG cheap shot, then they both got T'd. This is the NBA. They dont want their champion get beat by a sucky team without its star player Michael Redd.

Always dint like Garnett, im happy I dont still like him.

NYMetros
11-16-2008, 01:01 AM
I saw it.

It definitely looked intentionial to me. That's just IMO though.

hgtiger32
11-16-2008, 01:04 AM
a shove??? are you absolutely ********??? how do you "shove" someone...in the chest or back right???KG punched/hit Bogut in the face you dummy

{}
11-16-2008, 01:05 AM
KG has a temper equal to Tyra Banks, and as many fanboys who get boners over him.

Testaverde16
11-16-2008, 01:17 AM
Bogut did get screwed.

KG fouled him, he hit KG but it didnt look intentional. You just can't do that to a superstar though.

Diego_Le
11-16-2008, 01:21 AM
Lets see what the league does or they gonna be bias cause Nash got suspended for being the third man in and not really doing anything and KG hits Bogut in the face lets see if they have the balls to suspend him.

lakers4sho
11-16-2008, 01:31 AM
KG probably won't get suspended he'll be fined but that's it.

Meanwhile Bogut will probably get a 1 game suspension. I didn't see the whole thing so I don't know how bad it was.

Kyben36
11-16-2008, 01:36 AM
Well, If Bogut, or any Other player slamed his hand into me which is what I understand hapend then I would react as well. Lets look at this one. Kaman got his balls nearly Riped off and so he pushed a guy. Just becasue a ref does not see something does not mean you react. Plus, If you try to explain yourself to the ref he will only get more upset becasue he feels like you are Trying to lie you way out of it. Best way to handle it is to just give the guy a Hard, Not intetional foul next time he goes to the Hoop and just say Quietly to him, watch yourself. That will get him so pissed off he will do something to get you back. Wether its get up in you face or KO you. If you dont want to be ejected, do the Old Dirk Move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYjjCKeaRg

Dirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFcinlrgojk

Kaman Nuts

SAVAGE CLAW
11-16-2008, 02:18 AM
How many more bastard actions from Damm Kg until he gets the suspension he deserves?

Not Suspending him Prostituted the whole outcome of the playoffs last year.

EddieB
11-16-2008, 02:38 AM
KG gets away with murder

BTownTeamsRKing
11-16-2008, 02:54 AM
lol @ the KG hate. u guys loved his intensity prior to becoming a Celtic and prior to winning a title. now hes a winner and u hate him. Success bring envy.

anyways it deserved a double T. thats all. its not KG's fault bogut already had a T.

DopieB
11-16-2008, 03:15 AM
Need a link, to see for myself

DopieB
11-16-2008, 03:21 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/games/bucks/2008/11/16/nba_bos_mil_0020800139_recap.nba/
looks like it was an accident

Tblaze
11-16-2008, 07:18 AM
The way I saw it, it should've been a technical for KG alone. Maybe even an ejection because he clearly was trying to punch bogut. This time, I agree KG got protected and Bogut got screwed over. Not saying it happens all the time, but this particular incedent it did.

stevefrancis
11-16-2008, 08:54 AM
i was watchin the game it was a lil hit by bogut that always happens playing ball but then garnett reacted and threw a slap at bogut i wouldn't call it a punch but he should have gotten ejected for making a big deal out of nothing. same with last year when he punched zaza and pushed a ref and nothing happened cuz stern is on kgs d1ck just like lebron.

Corey
11-16-2008, 09:31 AM
How many more bastard actions from Damm Kg until he gets the suspension he deserves?

Not Suspending him Prostituted the whole outcome of the playoffs last year.

Sour grapes?

Anyways, Bogut initiated contact with an unnecessary arm-swinging motion (whether it was intentional or not). He got a technical. If he didn't already have a technical in the game, no one would be talking about this. It's his own fault.

And a side note: If this play happened 10 years ago, no one would even be talking about it. The NBA's getting soft.

JC_
11-16-2008, 10:20 AM
the best was the voiceover guy in the highlights saying "Bogut was ejected... Without Bogut in his face, Garnett was able to go to work."

uchiha
11-16-2008, 11:18 AM
yeah that was pretty ********.. KG overreacted to an incidental hit

shouldn't be such a drama queen

Hellcrooner
11-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Kg has been the same arrogant ***** his all career i dont know wh people is surprised.

Star Calls adn STar treatment sucks, thats for sure.

acohn1230
11-16-2008, 11:32 AM
lol @ the KG hate. u guys loved his intensity prior to becoming a Celtic and prior to winning a title. now hes a winner and u hate him. Success bring envy.

you are the epitome of a boston fan. i can honestly tell you that i was a red sox fan prior to the 2004 season, because i always rooted for their fan base because i was apathetic to the fact they hadnt' won in 80+ years; but now you guys think you are more entitled to win than other fan bases. And I hate it, because y'all arent more entitled than fans with lower income teams.

i can only speak for myself, but im sick of fans like you thinking we "envy" you. Id rather be a fan of the royals than cheer for a fan base as ignorant as yours.

Hellcrooner
11-16-2008, 11:34 AM
^Boston fans have always sucked, ive known this fact since the 80s

CELTICS4LYFE
11-16-2008, 11:50 AM
a shove??? are you absolutely ********??? how do you "shove" someone...in the chest or back right???KG punched/hit Bogut in the face you dummy

lol kg didnt hit him.....bogut got fouled an threw his arms down an smacked kg across the mouth...kgs arms were out n he threw a punch not a full swing on anything jus looked more like a reaction but still shouldnt of done it...they both got t's n it was bogut 2nd so he was out....whats the big deal??? kg fouled out like 2 mins after anyway

but y do u guys think he got screwed??? he clearly came down wit his arms n hit kg....intentional or not he should of got a t

lakers4sho
11-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Sour grapes?

Anyways, Bogut initiated contact with an unnecessary arm-swinging motion (whether it was intentional or not). He got a technical. If he didn't already have a technical in the game, no one would be talking about this. It's his own fault.

And a side note: If this play happened 10 years ago, no one would even be talking about it. The NBA's getting soft.

Who you talking to? Your boy KG was the one who overreacted to a little arm swinging motion. If he didn't do anything no one would be talking about it.

Kyben36
11-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Looks to me like KG just pushed Biguts hand away slightly hard when it hit him in the Face. Causing the oposite hand to swing in like he was coming back at him. KG reacted to this by pushing Bogut away and accidetnly knocking him in the face. Only people that overeacted were the Refs

heyman321
11-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Sour grapes?

Did you even watch the video? You're just being a Celtics homer. Bogut clearly was going for an offensive board and then going back up. Garnett then intentionally hit him. The NBA's calls are getting more questionable each and every day (eg. Steve Nash escalating the Suns Rockets brawl my ***, and McGrady didn't get a suspension). It should have been an ejection for Garnett and nothing for Bogut. If you honestly think Bogut intentionally hit him, I don't know what the hell you're on.

And I don't even know why you're mentioning the NBA 10 years ago, last time I checked, the year is 2008. That would be like saying, well 5000 years ago, cancer didn't even exist, people are getting soft.

MilwaukeeBAller
11-16-2008, 12:49 PM
lol kg didnt hit him.....bogut got fouled an threw his arms down an smacked kg across the mouth...kgs arms were out n he threw a punch not a full swing on anything jus looked more like a reaction but still shouldnt of done it...they both got t's n it was bogut 2nd so he was out....whats the big deal??? kg fouled out like 2 mins after anyway

but y do u guys think he got screwed??? he clearly came down wit his arms n hit kg....intentional or not he should of got a t

wow amazingy story there buddy. u start out by saying that kg didn't hit him at all and then 2 lines later you say "kgs arms were out n he threw a punch not a full swing". wow. Not saying at all that kg really did that much wrong, but the problem with this wholde thing his how Bogut got ejected. That changed the entire game around.

MilwaukeeBAller
11-16-2008, 12:51 PM
By the way, that wasn't the only call by the ref's that looked suspicious. All the bad calls on the Bucks happened in the 4th just as they were coming back.

JC_
11-16-2008, 12:57 PM
By the way, that wasn't the only call by the ref's that looked suspicious. All the bad calls on the Bucks happened in the 4th just as they were coming back.

The Celtics record would probably be around 7-4 or maybe even worse if KG and company weren't so favored by the refs. I'm not hating on them it's not their fault, it's the leagues fault.

cwilson21
11-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Just saw that video and it looked like Bogut intentionally brought his left hand down right in KG's face. You don't go up for a shot, flail your arms around, and then bring it down on someone's face. Both deserved T's which is what they got.

tonyd3b54
11-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Did you even watch the video? You're just being a Celtics homer. Bogut clearly was going for an offensive board and then going back up. Garnett then intentionally hit him. The NBA's calls are getting more questionable each and every day (eg. Steve Nash escalating the Suns Rockets brawl my ***, and McGrady didn't get a suspension). It should have been an ejection for Garnett and nothing for Bogut. If you honestly think Bogut intentionally hit him, I don't know what the hell you're on.

And I don't even know why you're mentioning the NBA 10 years ago, last time I checked, the year is 2008. That would be like saying, well 5000 years ago, cancer didn't even exist, people are getting soft.

what u fail to mention is what bogut did after he went up for the put back... his hand flew down and hit kg in the face... hands dont just fall at that velocity... and stop say kg threw a pucnh everyone it was a shove and bogut hardly moved...if u ask bogut if what kg did was so bad ud get a no but he would say that he did not deserve a technical because he didnt... this is coming from a celtics fan... although i think the hand in kgs face was dirty and on purpose i do think bogut knew exactly what he was doing because earlier kg blocked the **** out of bogut and said SIT DOWN!!!!

Hawkeye15
11-16-2008, 08:52 PM
it is beyond amazing and comical to me, that before his team actually started beating the **** out of all other teams, people raved and worshipped his intensity. He is no different. He was this way 13 years ago. It just goes to prove, nobody loves a winner, unless it is their team. I could care less. KG is my favorite player of all time, I grew up in Minnesota. Now he has a ring. He enters the top 20 players of all time now. I am fine with whatever anyone here writes negative about him, he is a champion.

Hawkeye15
11-16-2008, 08:54 PM
feeling sorry for a dude who makes $60 million over the next 5 years, and is an above average center at best, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

kvrnm
11-16-2008, 09:08 PM
im a celtics fan, and i think bogut got screwed over... i didnt really care that much since im a celtics fan, but if i was a bucks fan id be pissed, KG should have got a T and bogut shouldnt have. end of story, even us celts fans should notice this one, we got a break.

kvrnm
11-16-2008, 09:10 PM
The Celtics record would probably be around 7-4 or maybe even worse if KG and company weren't so favored by the refs. I'm not hating on them it's not their fault, it's the leagues fault.

this is an ignorant post...

philab
11-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Wow, after seeing the video, WAY too much is being made of this.

Give a T to Garnett and move on.

It doesn't look like Bogut did anything to warrant a T, but if he already had one, the refs' tolerance might have been low.

Garnett threw a sort of punch-shove worthy of a technical and nothing more.

tsb77
11-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Looks to me like KG just pushed Biguts hand away slightly hard when it hit him in the Face. Causing the oposite hand to swing in like he was coming back at him. KG reacted to this by pushing Bogut away and accidetnly knocking him in the face. Only people that overeacted were the Refs

i agree, thats what i saw as well, i dont think either player should have been T'd

mjt20mik
11-16-2008, 09:36 PM

Yup! Not to be a hater and all, but even versus the Raptors, they got a lot of suspicious and "soft" calls go in their way. I'm not saying that was the cause of the Raptors lost (it was lack of d, and PP went off), but it just makes me wonder, something must be wrong with the NBA.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-16-2008, 09:41 PM
it is beyond amazing and comical to me, that before his team actually started beating the **** out of all other teams, people raved and worshipped his intensity. He is no different. He was this way 13 years ago. It just goes to prove, nobody loves a winner, unless it is their team. I could care less. KG is my favorite player of all time, I grew up in Minnesota. Now he has a ring. He enters the top 20 players of all time now. I am fine with whatever anyone here writes negative about him, he is a champion.

good to see not everyone hates on success. these days ppl cheer for others until they either get beat by that player or that player wins a championship. your absolutely right. no one likes a winner unless they play for thier teams.

example other than KG: Paul Pierce is playing so unbelievable. he has been nothing short of tremendous and more and more commentators are picking him for MVP, but according to ppl on here, he sucks and hes a faker.

JordansBulls
11-17-2008, 12:57 AM
I don't know if it will make Sports Center but here's what happend.

Bucks vs Celtics

Andrew Bogut goes up for a putback and on his follow threw he ACCIDENTALLY hits Kevin Garnett...Kevin Garnett then throws a punch at Bogut. The refs even looked at the replay and gave a technical but the catch is that that was Bogut's 2nd technical of the game so he got ejected....what's everyone's thoguhts on this if you saw it????

Well it is getting reviewed now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3707297

Corey
11-17-2008, 01:08 AM

Yep, I'm definitely a homer because I have an opinion that doesn't want to completely and utterly hate on the Boston Celtics. You're right.

And I don't really care if you "know why" I'm mentioning the NBA 10 years ago. I'm allowed to have an opinion, and I'm allowed to believe that a handful of haters are making this issue out to be a lot bigger than it is.

My point WAS, this is turning into a joke. "Fans" are just hating on the entire situation just because it happened to KG. If KG was on the T'Wolves still, no one would give a **** about this. He's on a winner now, plays the same exact way he always has, and people are hating on him.

Big surprise.

rhino17
11-17-2008, 01:51 AM
To me, it looks like KG was way overreacting to nothing. He needs to calm down. Bogut didnt deserve a T

NFLNBA
11-17-2008, 02:13 AM
KG should have been Ejected with todays rules that are in place. Bogut didnt do anything wrong and KG blatantly swung at Bogut. I Love garnett but he deserved to be tossed!

Hellcrooner
11-17-2008, 04:02 AM
Im loving htis Kg attitude and Pierca smatmouthing he is the best player on the leauge and allen saying he is better than posey and rondo having boston homers saying he is the best pg in the east.

There is a fine line between Pride and Presumptuosity.

The later wll be their Downfall in the rematch..... if they get there :D

Manos
11-17-2008, 08:51 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/games/bucks/2008/11/16/nba_bos_mil_0020800139_recap.nba/
looks like it was an accident

Thanks for the video. Terrible call. If anyone was to be ejected it should have been KG.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Yep, I'm definitely a homer because I have an opinion that doesn't want to completely and utterly hate on the Boston Celtics. You're right.

And I don't really care if you "know why" I'm mentioning the NBA 10 years ago. I'm allowed to have an opinion, and I'm allowed to believe that a handful of haters are making this issue out to be a lot bigger than it is.

My point WAS, this is turning into a joke. "Fans" are just hating on the entire situation just because it happened to KG. If KG was on the T'Wolves still, no one would give a **** about this. He's on a winner now, plays the same exact way he always has, and people are hating on him.

Big surprise.

exactly. no matter what the situation is right now, it will KG's fault bc he's not that loveable loser any more. LA fans were drooling over the thought of getting KG last year. wasnt there a website dedicated to getting KG to LA???

now that hes a champ and a Celtic, fans cant stand him. u put it perfectly: "Big Surprise."

Hellcrooner
11-17-2008, 11:07 AM
^ If Kg was dressing in Our colours
1 i woudl still think he is a Bastard for how he acts on the court

2 i woudl still think he is too conceited and cocky ( in fact im a laker fan that does not like kobes behaviour AT ALL)

3 Celtics fans would be on his nuts all day.

4 he would get MUCH MORE hate from the rest of the fans because well, tehre are more lakers haters than Boston fans, thats the price for being the BEST franchise ever. Yeah Best franchis ever, we have not been 20 years in and out of the playoffs, sucking and looking for magic lottery picks by tanking, and have not used Ex players a series of lopsided trades to revive, yeah How many paleyrs have traveled from Minesotta to Boston and vice versa the last 3! years? it was all pre3paring acts. MChale turned down SOTUDAMIRE!!!!!! Fishy fishy. Green pride? GREEN SHAME!!!!!

mrblisterdundee
11-17-2008, 11:49 AM
boo

op12
11-17-2008, 12:11 PM
^ If Kg was dressing in Our colours
1 i woudl still think he is a Bastard for how he acts on the court

2 i woudl still think he is too conceited and cocky ( in fact im a laker fan that does not like kobes behaviour AT ALL)

3 Celtics fans would be on his nuts all day.

4 he would get MUCH MORE hate from the rest of the fans because well, tehre are more lakers haters than Boston fans, thats the price for being the BEST franchise ever. Yeah Best franchis ever, we have not been 20 years in and out of the playoffs, sucking and looking for magic lottery picks by tanking, and have not used Ex players a series of lopsided trades to revive, yeah How many paleyrs have traveled from Minesotta to Boston and vice versa the last 3! years? it was all pre3paring acts. MChale turned down SOTUDAMIRE!!!!!! Fishy fishy. Green pride? GREEN SHAME!!!!!

sorry but i think the celtics still have more titles than the lakers. the kg trade will not be seen as unfair if the 2 draft picks the t wolves get work out and big al continues to be a beast. gomes is a solid role player and telfair is a decent back up. im sure the twolves wish they had kept gerald green too because he is starting to improve. the celtics gave up the most for 1 player in nba history, i am tired of hearing it was unfair. but again other than the 3 peat lakers and the team that lost to the pistons, what have the lakers done so great since their 88 title. sure it is better than the celtics with the 3 in a row, but now it is our time, the lakers are not the greatest franchise ever.

op12
11-17-2008, 12:15 PM
by the way, that was just 2 big dudes swinging their arms, it happens all the time. let it go.

JC_
11-17-2008, 12:25 PM

Big surprise.

Despite what you may think, a lot of people were happy for KG and the Celtics last year. The problem people are having is KG getting away with **** that wouldn't be tolerated if it was someone else. The Celtics have been getting too much help from the refs and KG has been at the center of the questionable calls/nocalls and this is why people are angry.

WSU Tony
11-17-2008, 01:48 PM
KG has really changed since his departure from MN, that's for sure. Big markets, media, and pressure will change the best of them.

Faneik
11-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Seemed like both players deserved T's.

It's not Garnett's fault it was Bogut's 2nd.

CELTICS4LYFE
11-17-2008, 03:06 PM
wow amazingy story there buddy. u start out by saying that kg didn't hit him at all and then 2 lines later you say "kgs arms were out n he threw a punch not a full swing". wow. Not saying at all that kg really did that much wrong, but the problem with this wholde thing his how Bogut got ejected. That changed the entire game around.

ya i said he threw a swing....that dont mean it landed lol

Brew Crew
11-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Has anyone ever noticed the spine-looking shape in the back of KG's head?

BTownTeamsRKing
11-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Has anyone ever noticed the spine-looking shape in the back of KG's head?

haha yea i def noticed that.