PDA

View Full Version : Shaquille O'Neal

Raps08-09 Champ
11-15-2008, 12:12 PM
I saw the Shaq game against the Kings and he got like 30 points,13 rebounds, 6 apg(not sure about stats)

He is also averaging 16.1 ppg,9.2 rpg, 1.2 bpg in 27.7 mpg

Thats pretty good for an old person like him in the league

This might not mean much to some people but he is averaging that in 27.7 mpg.(some big men stars need like 34+ mpg to get 9 rebounds.see: Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudimire, Carlos Boozer, Kevin Garnett?)

I think Shaq will be healthy and play atleast 65 games this season

If Shaq plays around 34-36 mpg(like i think he should), he would average around 20 ppg, 12 rpg, 2 bpg

Do you think he has what it takes to last atleast 60-65+ games, average 34+ mpg, average 20 ppg, 12 rpg, 2 bpg, carry team deep into playoffs, and spot on the west team in the all-star game.

I think he could play more games than that, get better stats and maybe even be considered MVP(would have the stats but they probably wouldnt consider him for MVP)

I think he can considering the suns depth at PF/C and how they have to other real center than the rookie.

Only Amare would compete with Shaq for rebounds,inside scoring and blocks. And since they don't have enough players they can rely on at the PF/C spot, i think the could put him in the game for 34 mpg.

Shaq would have the experience to go deep into playoffs and he wouldnt have anyone good to compete with for backup center other than Al Jefferson in the all-star game

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Whoa! There is a lot of stuff going on in this post.

First of all, Shaq has been playing very well this summer. I dont know if playing 34 minutes is beneficial for him at his age. I think he is playing enough minutes where he can impact the game and still be efficient.

Secondly, the Suns are very talented. They will be a big factor in the playoffs.

Third, I think you were asking about the ALL-STAT game in the last part of your post, he should make it. Might be his last opportunity. And for selfish reasons I want to see him and Kobe as teammates one more time.

IndyRealist
11-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I think Shaq benefits from having Amare next to him as much as Stoudamire benefits. Shaq can rest on some plays. He doesn't always have to fight for post position. He can have plays where he just looks to rebound.

I don't think his numbers will scale up if he plays more, unless it's in the playoffs. He's probably playing close to max capacity, any more minutes and he'd be too tired to be effective. It's tiring moving 325lbs around a basketball court.

yojoe792
11-15-2008, 12:39 PM
There is no way Shaq is an all star this year.

He'd need to put up better numbers than Duncan, Yao, Pao, Bynum, Camby, Kaman, etc. That's not going to happen at his age and his health.

However, is Shaq back? Maybe. Definitely in for his best season in 3 years.

Sox Appeal
11-15-2008, 12:51 PM
I saw the Shaq game against the Kings and he got like 30 points,13 rebounds, 6 apg(not sure about stats)

This might not mean much to some people but he is averaging that in 27.7 mpg.(some big men stars need like 34+ mpg to get 9 rebounds.see: Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudimire, Carlos Boozer, Kevin Garnett?)

If Shaq plays around 34-36 mpg(like i think he should), he would average around 20 ppg, 12 rpg, 2 bpg

Do you think he has what it takes to last atleast 60-65+ games, average 34+ mpg, average 20 ppg, 12 rpg, 2 bpg, carry team deep into playoffs, and spot on the west team in the all-star game.

I think he could play more games than that, get better stats and maybe even be considered MVP(would have the stats but they probably wouldnt consider him for MVP)

I think he can considering the suns depth at PF/C and how they have to other real center than the rookie.

Only Amare would compete with Shaq for rebounds,inside scoring and blocks. And since they don't have enough players they can rely on at the PF/C spot, i think the could put him in the game for 34 mpg.

Shaq would have the experience to go deep into playoffs and he wouldnt have anyone good to compete with for backup center other than Al Jefferson

I believe Shaq still has a little bit left in his tank. Realisticly, I think he could average around 14 Pts, 8-9 Boards, a few assists, and play VERY solid defense on the other end of the floor. So I wouldn't say those are MVP numbers, but they're still VERY solid. And, there's no way the Suns decide to play Shaq anymore then 30 minutes a night on average. They drafted Robin Lopez (who's been playing very well) in the first round this year, so he would be able to give Shaq some nights off, and take some minutes away from him so he would be fresh when the playoffs role around.

IndyRealist
11-15-2008, 01:03 PM

He'd need to put up better numbers than Duncan, Yao, Pao, Bynum, Camby, Kaman, etc. That's not going to happen at his age and his health.

All-star reserves are voted in by coaches. If he has a huge impact for Phoenix, he could be a reserve regardless of his stats or fan voting.

superkegger
11-15-2008, 01:09 PM
He's not going to be an all star starter thats for sure, Yao is gonna take that no doubt.

And Shaq looks like he fits with that team much better now.

MVP? No, not even close. Shaq's level of play is nowhere near guys like Bron, Kobe, or Paul.

Is he having an impact, for sure. He's definetly going to make them a team to reckon with.

Catfish1314
11-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Before anyone gets their panties all wet over Shaq's numbers last night, keep his opposition in mind. Brad Miller is a good NBA quality center, but he's even less mobile than Shaq is and although he usually tries hard on defense, the results are poor for the most part. Spencer Hawes is the better defender but he spent most of his time on the floor guarding Amare. So it's not surprising at all to me that Shaq pulled 30 and 13 last night.

I think he's in for a better season than the last two, but All-Star? I highly doubt it with all the talent in the West.

MiamiHeat
11-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Shaq will def. be in the All Star games simply because he is Shaq

EddieB
11-15-2008, 01:24 PM

Shaq would have the experience to go deep into playoffs and he wouldnt have anyone good to compete with for backup center other than Al Jefferson

1 good game the whole season wow :clap:, now it's time for him to take a break

LeonFSU
11-15-2008, 03:34 PM

Camby and Kaman are on a team that is 1-7...They aren't better than Shaq anyway. Never have been and never will be. At this rate, because of Gasol, Bynum is not scoring enough to be an all-star. Gasol's numbers are similar to Shaq's, but I'd argue that because of Bynum, he is not making as big of an impact on both ends of the floor as Shaq. Al Jefferson is putting up great stats, for a 1-6 team. I don't see a center in the West other than Yao that is currently worthy of going to the all-star game over Shaq. The only centers in the entire league that impact a game more than Shaq are Yao and Dwight Howard. Thats why I find it ridiculous when anyone says that rail thin or soft centers like Dalembert, Kaman, Bogut, Biedrens, or Camby are or will ever be better than Shaq.

LeonFSU
11-15-2008, 03:36 PM

Actually 6 of the 9 games Shaq has played have been statistically good games. The 3 games that weren't, he played 22 minutes or less.

J-Relo
11-15-2008, 04:05 PM

ye, you really know what you said lol...

CHECK STATS if you haven't seen games and don't post these ridiculous posts...

well Shaq plays really well and i hope he will keep it up for long, he could have had better statistic if you wouldn't count those games when he played less than 20min which actualy decreased his stats and many people just don't realise statistics per minutes, so they think he doesn't play as good as he really is...

There is no need to give him more minutes, plus giving him rest will keep him fresh when PHX will need him most...

Chronz
11-15-2008, 04:12 PM
I think he actually has a chance, his production is through the roof even if it is in limited minutes hes having a big impact.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-15-2008, 05:25 PM
I believe Shaq still has a little bit left in his tank. Realisticly, I think he could average around 14 Pts, 8-9 Boards, a few assists, and play VERY solid defense on the other end of the floor. So I wouldn't say those are MVP numbers, but they're still VERY solid. And, there's no way the Suns decide to play Shaq anymore then 30 minutes a night on average. They drafted Robin Lopez (who's been playing very well) in the first round this year, so he would be able to give Shaq some nights off, and take some minutes away from him so he would be fresh when the playoffs role around.

I said if he had increase minutes and a slight increase in points and rebounds(about 2-4 for points and 1-2 for rebounds) he would have all-star stats. If his stats did increase, he would average 20 ppg, 12 rpg and 2 bpg. Maybe he could be like in the MVP race or something(Boozer is in MVP race and he averages around 23-24ppg and 11 rpg.

They also dont play Lopez alot
only about 5-10 minutes when shaq is active

gcoll
11-15-2008, 05:56 PM
That Eddie B fellow hasn't been watching Shaq this year. Shaq looks great.

He's had 2 games where he scored around 30 points that I recall. And he's shooting above .600 on the year from the field.

He's off to a really great start. And Porter is doing a good job giving him rest, so he's healthy down the stretch.

Against the Kings we were missing Barnes, Nash, and Barbosa.....and Shaq carried the team to a win. Ugly win. But a win nonetheless.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-15-2008, 05:57 PM
ThA DIESEL IS BACCCCCCCCK!!!!!!

Diehardheatfan
11-15-2008, 06:28 PM

Shaq is still a stud!!!! Hes had a number of good games. People are talking about this dude bynum and calling him good and he wishes he could play like shaq does now

Diehardheatfan
11-15-2008, 06:30 PM
That Eddie B fellow hasn't been watching Shaq this year. Shaq looks great.

He's had 2 games where he scored around 30 points that I recall. And he's shooting above .600 on the year from the field.

He's off to a really great start. And Porter is doing a good job giving him rest, so he's healthy down the stretch.

Against the Kings we were missing Barnes, Nash, and Barbosa.....and Shaq carried the team to a win. Ugly win. But a win nonetheless.

Yeah ir he might just not like shaq. If you like shaq or dont he still is the man and will always be the man. Brought titles to lakers and heat. May bring one to the suns

MilfHunter07
11-15-2008, 07:10 PM

He's putting up better stats then all those players already what are you talking about.

celticfan
11-15-2008, 07:13 PM
I love Shaq but he is at the end of the line

S.J.Basketball
11-15-2008, 07:16 PM
I say he'll maintain his stats, but he's not gonna be an all-star. Suns have a chance this year. They do as long as no one else has family problems or gets suspended. God forbid any injuries.

futureheisman
11-15-2008, 07:27 PM
they can make into the finals the way he is playing

Missing56&33
11-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Shaq can still play, there are no clear cut favorites in the West to win it all, Im still not convinced the Lakers are the best out West. Its going to be interesting to see who it all turns out come june

king4day
11-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Fans will put Shaq in the AllStar game just to see him start along side Kobe again.
Personally, I don't think he'll play too many minutes. Probably start the game and then once he's replaced, he wouldn't return.
But unlike years past, this season (so far), he's deserving of a berth.

king4day
11-15-2008, 08:15 PM
they can make into the finals the way he is playing

Not the way the rest of the team is playing though.
A lot of fixin needs to be done to get ourselves into that category.
That 7-3 record has a lotta smoke screens in front of it.

DieselPowered32
11-15-2008, 11:59 PM
For some reason people seem to forget that the ALL STAR game is being played in PHOENIX, so there is no way Shaq isn't going to make the side. Plus a chance to see Kobe and Shaq on the same team i think even stern would make sure Shaq made the West side

stawka
11-16-2008, 03:49 AM
The big fella's playing well - nobody can deny it. I actually think he's surprised himself at times. His stats are good for his minutes, but his minutes aren't high. I'd rather he keeps his minutes low and win the game with decent stats, then have him play a lot of minutes with great stats. It all comes down to being healthy come Playoff time, and that's a big thing for every team - especially that of one with age like the Suns.

If healthy come Playoff time, I think he'll step it up a little more when given the chance. Obviously not the first option but he'll do well. I also agree with the above post, that he may actually be in the All-Star game because it is in Phoenix. Yao will definitely start, but I think Shaq will make the All-Star game over Bynum this year because it's in Phoenix...

Damn i'd love to see Kobe throw up a lob to Shaq one more time!

LeonFSU
11-16-2008, 04:26 AM
The big fella's playing well - nobody can deny it. I actually think he's surprised himself at times. His stats are good for his minutes, but his minutes aren't high. I'd rather he keeps his minutes low and win the game with decent stats, then have him play a lot of minutes with great stats. It all comes down to being healthy come Playoff time, and that's a big thing for every team - especially that of one with age like the Suns.

If healthy come Playoff time, I think he'll step it up a little more when given the chance. Obviously not the first option but he'll do well. I also agree with the above post, that he may actually be in the All-Star game because it is in Phoenix. Yao will definitely start, but I think Shaq will make the All-Star game over Bynum this year because it's in Phoenix...

Damn i'd love to see Kobe throw up a lob to Shaq one more time!

With Phil Jackson as the coach?

J-Relo
11-16-2008, 05:14 AM

not only cause it is in Phoenix, ye Yao will start, but there are no other C's worth more than Shaq, who else? - Bynum? - nahh...

Raps08-09 Champ
11-16-2008, 09:24 AM

Lol just like Bynum last year

Crap 35 games and take the rest of the season off

Raps08-09 Champ
11-16-2008, 09:27 AM
not only cause it is in Phoenix, ye Yao will start, but there are no other C's worth more than Shaq, who else? - Bynum? - nahh...

What about Al jefferson?

SouljahPhil...
11-16-2008, 09:53 AM
shaq will make the all star team..I want him to be on it..Bynum will have his chance in the future...

dudeonthemoon
11-16-2008, 10:18 AM
he is only playing well cuz teams are focusing more on Amare now because of his 49 point game and Nash, Barbarossa are out

KB24PG16
11-16-2008, 01:09 PM
how can he be an mvp when he takes nights off to rest

Raps08-09 Champ
11-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Garnett missed lik 15 games last season and averaged18ppg and 9 rpg and he was like top 5 in mvp ranking

Diehardheatfan
11-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Unline bynum we are actually talking about a future hall of famer. Shaq is a stud and has a title left in him.

cahawk
11-16-2008, 11:55 PM
I love posters like eddieB & the posters with some form of kobe 24 in their moniker.
They are true kobephyte jock sniffers.
kobe ran off Shaq & the Laker's imploded, so they always attack Shaq.
Shaq gave them 3 titles but they are like jilted, jealous lovers.

The Suns & Shaq are underrated and if they don't overuse Shaq and are healthy come playoff time they will be a serious threat.
Shaq's big problem is just not age but also Stern's NBA rules have become biased against big, power players. They believe their are higher TV ratings & more money in run, gun & dunk. But even so, come playoff time, defenses get tougher and the game gets more physical which is where Shaq is most effective.
The regular season matador defense and high scoring are not nearly as exciting to me as the playoffs.

Lakersfan2483
11-16-2008, 11:59 PM
I love posters like eddieB & the posters with some form of kobe 24 in their moniker.
They are true kobephyte jock sniffers.
kobe ran off Shaq & the Laker's imploded, so they always attack Shaq.
Shaq gave them 3 titles but they are like jilted, jealous lovers.

The Suns & Shaq are underrated and if they don't overuse Shaq and are healthy come playoff time they will be a serious threat.
Shaq's big problem is just not age but also Stern's NBA rules have become biased against big, power players. They believe their are higher TV ratings & more money in run, gun & dunk. But even so, come playoff time, defenses get tougher and the game gets more physical which is where Shaq is most effective.
The regular season matador defense and high scoring are not nearly as exciting to me as the playoffs.

Shaq is a hall of famer and one of my favorite players, but the rules are not the problem, it's his age. He's 36 and slowing down and I don't see Phx. beating LA, New Orleans and a healthy Spurs team in the playoffs. Utah is a better team as well. Phx. is a subpar defensive team and they don't have any depth on their team to really contend.

cahawk
11-17-2008, 12:12 AM
2483, good post and you are probably right except about Utah.
And age and the rules together have made it tough.
But the Suns are in the mix, they will have a shot.

But as the Celts showed us last year, winning the West is no longer an automatic NBA Title. And the East plays more physical BB, especially in the playoffs.

Lakersfan2483
11-17-2008, 12:24 AM
2483, good post and you are probably right except about Utah.
And age and the rules together have made it tough.
But the Suns are in the mix, they will have a shot.

But as the Celts showed us last year, winning the West is no longer an automatic NBA Title. And the East plays more physical BB, especially in the playoffs.

It depends on Shaq's health and Amare's willingness to play defense. Phx. has a lot against them, I don't like their bench, but we shall see... They also are in need of a better shooting guard and small forward. Grant Hill is a terrific player, but he is a shell of his former self. I am not sold on Barnes, he's a decent role player, but a head case.

As far as the East, both Boston and Detroit are extremely physical teams and will present problems for any team out west. I also think Cleveland and Toronto have good enough teams to compete out East. In terms of the West, I like LA's defense better this year and it helps to have a seven footer clogging the middle. Utah and New Orleans also are very good teams. You can never count out a healthy Spurs' team, although they have some major talent issues outside of their "Big 3."