PDA

View Full Version : 5 Toughest Players in the NBA?

TMAC94
11-15-2008, 08:53 AM
this is a random question, i was watching the Pistons-Pacers brawl with artest hitting a fan so i just wanted to know whos the top 5 toughest in the nba? as toughest someone who can fight

Kaptain Kanada
11-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Ron Artest.
Stephen Jackson.
Jermaine O'neal.
Ben Wallace.
Shaq.

michaellui11
11-15-2008, 09:38 AM
shaq, artest, rafer, rasheed and bowen http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTnU2VaS_s and http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=OiMpWIlk8GE

not active
barkley, rodman, olajuwon, bird, laimbeer/erving

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=FZhy_ZpaUL4&feature=related

Ballahaulic
11-15-2008, 10:35 AM
I never seen him fight but i no dwight can own about any player in the league.

Dwight
Amare
Chris Paul
Ron Artest
Allen Iverson
Nate Robinson
Andrew Bynum
Ben Wallace
Rash Wallace

bostncelts34
11-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Artest
Jackson
shaq
D12
and my 5th sleeper pick is... Lebron. lol Just his massive amount of muscle and size, i bet he could take a good amount of people.

Knicks Boogie
11-15-2008, 10:57 AM
In a fight, you got to look at reach and speed so I'm going with D.Howard, T.Prince, Nate Rob.(speed and strength), B.Wallace, AK47

MyCousinVinny
11-15-2008, 11:05 AM
AK47? lol and idk about shaq, hes getin old and it seems like all he does is shove ppl when theyre not looking.

dwight howard, nocioni(homer pick), lebron, and lol wade and pierce lol

JJ81
11-15-2008, 11:10 AM
I think Odom would be good in a fight

BoSox47
11-15-2008, 11:11 AM
kevin garnett

blackjack_119
11-15-2008, 11:15 AM
In a fight, you got to look at reach and speed so I'm going with D.Howard, T.Prince, Nate Rob.(speed and strength), B.Wallace, AK47

Tale of the Tape:
Nate Robinson
Seattle, WA
Ht: 5'9" Wt: 180lbs
Wingspan: 6'1"

vs

Shaquille O'Neal
Newark, NJ
Ht: 7'1" Wt: 325lbs (At least)
Wingspan: 7'5"

Keep in mind... you should be able to take a punch (or in Robinson's case... be able to get close enough to land one) AK47 may be one of the biggest pansies in the NBA.

b_rad23
11-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Jermaine O'Neal is a ***** I remember he and Haslem going back and forth and Jermaine just kept running scared. Haslem is up there for me and is the Heat representative along with Joel Anthony. The Wallaces, all 3 of them, should be able to fight pretty well. Of the pgs, Billups looks like a boxer. I'll just do it like this.
PG-Billups
SG-S. Jax
SF-Artest
PF-Ben Wallace(this year)
C- Haslem (this year)

Hawkeye15
11-15-2008, 12:03 PM
1. Artest
2. Craig Smith
3. Ben Wallace
4. Boozer
5. Carmelo Anthony

Which one doesn't fit?

b_rad23
11-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Hahah. I've never seen Craig play so I can't judge but the rest looks pretty good. I didn't think about Boozer but he definitely looks like a criminal. He's probably the scariest guy to run into in a dark alley in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Hahah. I've never seen Craig play so I can't judge but the rest looks pretty good. I didn't think about Boozer but he definitely looks like a criminal. He's probably the scariest guy to run into in a dark alley in the NBA.

Craig Smith is nicknamed the Rhino. The dude is 6'6", 275 lbs of pure muscle. He should be playing defensive tackle in the NFL.

IndyRealist
11-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Basketball players can't fight. They throw punches like girls, and lean back like they're afraid of getting hit. You don't see NBA ballers jumping to the UFC.

MiamiHeat
11-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Udonis Haslem!! :D

MiamiHeat
11-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Basketball players can't fight. They throw punches like girls, and lean back like they're afraid of getting hit. You don't see NBA ballers jumping to the UFC.

Why would they?
they got enough money, they dont need to be joining UFC
I bet basketball players can **** your *** up

*Superman*
11-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Why would they?
they got enough money, they dont need to be joining UFC
I bet basketball players can **** your *** up

Tried his ***.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Udonis Haslem!! :D

I was thinking him too. He is tough

TmacBryant
11-15-2008, 01:53 PM
I would be scared of millsap, he is HUGE.

KG is pretty tough, he talks a lot of ***** though.

rhino17
11-16-2008, 12:03 AM
shaq is certainly not tough, did any of you catch the mini scuffle he was involved in?

BullsNumber1Fan
11-16-2008, 12:22 AM
I only picked 2 players:

Retired Player - Antonio Davis, the guy won't step away from a fight.

Current Player - Andres Nocioni, he gets under peoples skin and is always starting fights

KH12
11-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Nocioni is definitely on this list.

McPeak92
11-16-2008, 12:27 AM
1. Artest
2. Craig Smith
3. Ben Wallace
4. Boozer
5. Carmelo Anthony

Which one doesn't fit?

both *****es, Artest ran away from Ben Wallace and Melo ran away from nate ****ing robinson, Artest and Melo are not tough at all.

Vidball
11-16-2008, 12:28 AM
DJ Mbenga is a 7-foot bulk of muscle with a brown belt in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu...I would go with him.

McPeak92
11-16-2008, 12:32 AM
i say

Peirce(he got stabbed, thats hardcore)
Iverson(no problem running into 300 poind 7 footers on a nightly basis)
Nate Robinson(was ready to fight the whole nuggets fan and is only like 4'2)
Stephen Jackson
Reggie Evans

DenButsu
11-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Nobody's mentioned K-Mart yet. But no other 6'9" pf in the league can hold a candle to him when it comes to defending the likes of TD, Dwight, and Shaq. And his comeback from double microfracture knee surgery has just been phenomenal, too. I think a lot of people dismiss his toughness as "so-called toughness" because of his excessive chest-thumping bravado that makes it seem like he's trying to front tougher than he really is.

But he really is one tough mofo.

Kohaku
11-16-2008, 12:50 AM
I was just thinking of kmart.

alexander_37
11-16-2008, 01:02 AM
shaq is a ***** anyone could nock out that pansy in a fight

ron artest strong and tough as hell
i think dwight could bang because he is strong as ****
heck man idk who could actually fight well

lol pierce got stabbed haha that is kind of ironic

McPeak92
11-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Nobody's mentioned K-Mart yet. But no other 6'9" pf in the league can hold a candle to him when it comes to defending the likes of TD, Dwight, and Shaq. And his comeback from double microfracture knee surgery has just been phenomenal, too. I think a lot of people dismiss his toughness as "so-called toughness" because of his excessive chest-thumping bravado that makes it seem like he's trying to front tougher than he really is.

But he really is one tough mofo.

that is true, i give him mad props for coming back from the surgeries.

i dont know why people are looking at strength here, it has nothing to do with toughness.

LAKERS 24/7
11-16-2008, 01:49 AM
i say

Peirce(he got stabbed, thats hardcore)
Iverson(no problem running into 300 poind 7 footers on a nightly basis)
Nate Robinson(was ready to fight the whole nuggets fan and is only like 4'2)
Stephen Jackson
Reggie Evans

Stabbing someone is hardcore, not getting stabbed.

Why? Because he grabbed Kaman's nuts?

DenButsu
11-16-2008, 01:57 AM
Why? Because he grabbed Kaman's nuts?

I do actually think Reggie's a tough dude, but that will never stop being funny - especially Kaman's candid interview afterwards.

DreamShaker
11-16-2008, 02:31 AM
Iverson....

DreamShaker
11-16-2008, 02:33 AM
I do actually think Reggie's a tough dude, but that will never stop being funny - especially Kaman's candid interview afterwards.

Pretty much....that might be the most awkward non-Artest/Kermit Washington moment in NBA history besides a bat flying into the fro of Moochie Norris....

EddieB
11-16-2008, 02:34 AM
The black mamba, playing through a broken pinkie, the guy got a high threshold for pain

Bosh=nextKG
11-16-2008, 02:35 AM
I think A.I. would hold his own in a fight

EddieB
11-16-2008, 02:36 AM
Artest looked like Bruce Lee stomping on all the Detroit fans in the stands

hero41
11-16-2008, 03:04 AM
Peter Griffen Homer Simpson Barney Sponge Bob Hank Hill

SeoulBeatz
11-16-2008, 03:29 AM
Allen Iverson
Allen Iverson
Allen Iverson
Allen Iverson

and....?

Allen Iverson

stawka
11-16-2008, 03:45 AM
LMAO it seems like the Rockets fans hate Shaq more then Laker fans these days.

shaq is certainly not tough, did any of you catch the mini scuffle he was involved in?

Yes, Shaq is not tough... Because in a mini-scuffle at the start of the season, he pushed 3 guys - 2 of those 3 guys fell, and the other was thrown about 3 meters... and they didn't retaliate. All because Shaq is not tough. Hell, maybe you should join the NBA as a new enforcer, and put a beatdown on all the big strong guys in the league because you seem to be really confident.

Anyway, in a brawl i'd want either of these guys on my side. With the likes of Melo against me :p

- Shaq
- Artest
- Ben Wallace
- Kenyon Martin
- Zo
- Moochie Norris... Anyone with a name like "Moochie" gets the thumbs up from me lol... Mix that up with his surname being that of Chuck Norris - LETHAL!!!!!

rhino17
11-16-2008, 04:23 AM
LMAO it seems like the Rockets fans hate Shaq more then Laker fans these days.

Yes, Shaq is not tough... Because in a mini-scuffle at the start of the season, he pushed 3 guys - 2 of those 3 guys fell, and the other was thrown about 3 meters... and they didn't retaliate. All because Shaq is not tough. Hell, maybe you should join the NBA as a new enforcer, and put a beatdown on all the big strong guys in the league because you seem to be really confident.

He knocked down 3 guys while pushing them from behind like a puss. I couldda done that. Just cause you are big doesnt make you tough.

LAKERS 24/7
11-16-2008, 05:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxEgKsyFCIw :laugh:

ARMIN12NBA
11-16-2008, 05:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxEgKsyFCIw :laugh:

I never understood why he did that. Evans blatantly grabs Kaman in his private area. It is still hilarious though. Did Evans get fined or suspended?

LAKERS 24/7
11-16-2008, 05:56 AM
I never understood why he did that. Evans blatantly grabs Kaman in his private area. It is still hilarious though. Did Evans get fined or suspended?

If I recall correctly, he only got fined 10 grand. If Kobe or Artest had done that, they would've been suspended. The typical NBA double standard. :rolleyes: But that is a whole different discussion.

rhino17
11-16-2008, 06:04 AM
If I recall correctly, he only got fined 10 grand. If Kobe or Artest had done that, they would've been suspended. The typical NBA double standard. :rolleyes: But that is a whole different discussion.

Did you happen to catch Ron's first tech as a Rocket?

He ran over to pull his teammate away and got a tech for it and no one else even got a foul. He only got it for being Ron Artest

LAKERS 24/7
11-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Did you happen to catch Ron's first tech as a Rocket?

He ran over to pull his teammate away and got a tech for it and no one else even got a foul. He only got it for being Ron Artest

Yea I was watching that. He plays peacemaker in that situation and they still give him a tech. The media was all over it saying it was a reputation foul, but I'm not really surprised the NBA didn't revoke the tech. Lebron James or Dwayne Wade could kick a ref in the nuts and Artest would get a tech for provoking it.

CHRISDODGERS
11-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Yea I was watching that. He plays peacemaker in that situation and they still give him a tech. The media was all over it saying it was a reputation foul, but I'm not really surprised the NBA didn't revoke the tech. Lebron James or Dwayne Wade could kick a ref in the nuts and Artest would get a tech for provoking it.

:laugh:

Mallpha
11-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Since its about "can fight" i would say players that tryed it on some sort of profesional level would be the one that seams as thoughest for me.
1. Mbenga
2. David West
3. Steve Francis

pete_one
11-16-2008, 07:50 PM
shawn bradley can get down