PDA

View Full Version : Suspensions handed down (Suns/Rockets)

king4day
11-14-2008, 03:30 PM
The Suns roster will be without Steve Nash, Matt Barnes and Leandro Barbosa tonight for the game at Sacramento.

Barnes was suspend two games and Nash one for their involvement in the scuffle Wednesday night with the Rockets. Houston guard Rafer Alston received a two-game suspension for his role in the fight.

Other players, including Suns center Shaquille O'Neal, were fined for their involvement in the altercation Wednesday.

Barbosa has left the team to fly to his native Brazil, where his mother died Thursday night.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/11/14/20081114sunssuspension-CR.html

I'm in shock that Nash was suspended. He did nothing but get pushed to the ground after trying to break it up and with that, they don't even suspended McGrady. Looks like the league didn't use replay when they made this call.

superkegger
11-14-2008, 03:31 PM
That sounds about right to me...

ink
11-14-2008, 03:32 PM
You sure you want to start this thread king4day? :eyebrow:

--------

WARNING to posters: this will get closed if it turns into another trash thread talking about the "brawl".

Randy West
11-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Shaq throws a couple people down and gets nothing??

Stevie Nash gets thrown around and gets a suspension??

I mean how in the F does the league come up with this stuff??

I am sure there is no bias or anything involved...........lol

LAKERS 24/7
11-14-2008, 03:35 PM
That's ********. IMO it should be no broken bones no suspensions.

Nothing happened, just a little pushing and shoving that made the game more interesting. What's wrong with that?

Spurred1
11-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Wow-I'm sort of surprised Nash got a suspension but McGrady didn't. I agree it is a bit unfair...Barnes fully deserved his,though.

Poor Barbosa,though.

daleja424
11-14-2008, 03:40 PM
anyone who watches the tape objectively will not argue why nash got suspended. he elavated the whole thing. while a rocket was trying to separate barnes and alston nash went charging in a pushed them. shaq and tracy wouldn't have even been involved if nash woulda minded his own business

http://ballhype.com/video/_311/

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-14-2008, 03:41 PM
I missed it, what did Barbosa do? I seen Shaq pushing anything in red. I seen Barnes acting like a crybaby. I say Nash trying to break it up. I say Rafer Alston throwing cheap shots. What did Barbosa do?

JIDsanity
11-14-2008, 03:42 PM
I can't believe Ron Artest Wasn't involved

JC_
11-14-2008, 03:43 PM
One thing I just noticed after watching a few more times was Rafer smacked Nash in the head lol

JIDsanity
11-14-2008, 03:43 PM
I missed it, what did Barbosa do? I seen Shaq pushing anything in red. I seen Barnes acting like a crybaby. I say Nash trying to break it up. I say Rafer Alston throwing cheap shots. What did Barbosa do?

Nothing, his smother died, hes going to go see her funeral

JC_
11-14-2008, 03:44 PM

Good question

lakersrock
11-14-2008, 03:45 PM
How was Shaq not suspended multiple games? He clearly ran into the pile and purposely shoved T-Mac to the ground. Then he turned and shoved Alston as well. It's a joke all he got was a fine.

king4day
11-14-2008, 03:48 PM
You sure you want to start this thread king4day? :eyebrow:

--------

WARNING to posters: this will get closed if it turns into another trash thread talking about the "brawl".

I figure it was gonna get created anyway. But yea u may be right.

Brew Crew
11-14-2008, 03:49 PM
What the hell? How is Nash suspended but not the lumox Shaq? He shoves Mcgrady and Yao down (which was impressive) and gets nothing? ********.

king4day
11-14-2008, 03:50 PM
anyone who watches the tape objectively will not argue why nash got suspended. he elavated the whole thing. while a rocket was trying to separate barnes and alston nash went charging in a pushed them. shaq and tracy wouldn't have even been involved if nash woulda minded his own business

http://ballhype.com/video/_311/

Fair enough. But if that's the case, then TMac shoulda been suspended for pushing Nash which elevated to Shaq tossing everyone around. Then he too shoulda been suspended.

Lakers4ItAll
11-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Barnes is the only one who should have gotten suspended IMO

kingkobe
11-14-2008, 03:55 PM
It would've been funny if Artest got a suspension anyways. hahaha

Lakers4ItAll
11-14-2008, 04:01 PM
What was even more BS was K Martin getting tossed last night

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Nothing, his smother died, hes going to go see her funeral

Thanks, maybe I should have read the whole passage.:o I just seen the part where the Suns would be without Nash, Barnes and Barbosa

DerekRE_3
11-14-2008, 04:11 PM
YES! The Kings play them next. Maybe without Nash we have a chance...wish we had Martin and Garcia...

Lakers4ItAll
11-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Lol

yes! The kings play them next. Maybe without nash we have a chance...wish we had martin and garcia...

junion
11-14-2008, 04:17 PM
rafer, barnes suspension

other than that, i think nash shouldn't have been suspended... unless you give tmac and shaq suspensions too. but nash did look like he was going for the neck of rafer (but nash was the one who ended up getting a hole in the neck)

i think only rafer and barnes wanted to fight, while everyone else wanted to stop it (while the opponent assumed they wanted to fight) - and thats what made is escalate.

DieHardColtsfan
11-14-2008, 04:53 PM
NBA fight fallout: Nash, Alston, Barnes suspended
ESPN.com news services

Updated: November 14, 2008, 3:40 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print

NEW YORK -- The NBA has suspended Steve Nash and Matt Barnes of Phoenix and Rafer Alston of Houston for their roles in a fight.

Alston and Barnes were suspended for two games without pay and Nash for one. The league also fined Shaquille O'Neal $35,000 and Tracy McGrady $25,000 on Friday for their actions during the Rockets' 94-82 win in Phoenix on Wednesday.

Barnes knocked back Alston with his shoulder late in the third quarter, and Alston charged him. Nash ran in and was pushed back by McGrady, who was shoved down by O'Neal.

"I felt maybe a one-game suspension but I can understand them making it 2," Alston told ESPN.com's J.A. Adande via text message. "Barnes should have got more of a fine for the cheap shot."

Nash was cited for "escalating the altercation." He and Barnes will miss Friday's game at Sacramento, and Barnes will sit Sunday against Detroit. Alston will miss games Friday against San Antonio and Saturday against New Orleans.

Nash and O'Neal, when reached Friday afternoon by ESPN.com, both declined comment.

J.A. Adande is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. Information from ESPN.com senior NBA writer Marc Stein and The Associated Press was used in this report.

rhino17
11-14-2008, 04:56 PM
I dont understand how rafer got the same amount of games as Barnes who started the whole thing

JPHX
11-14-2008, 05:12 PM
I dont understand how rafer got the same amount of games as Barnes who started the whole thing

because the league deems it as if you escalate an altercation you will be suspended. this whole suspension is lopsided. whatever nash will get the day off to tend to that bullet wound in the neck from Tmac

Randy West
11-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Shaq looks like such a chump in this whole thing. He totally pulled a Paul Pierce and started pushing the people who wouldn't push back around.

Like PP the other night tried stirring something up with that little euro guard in the Cavs game...........funny thing is Ben Wallace hip checked him worse a couple plays before.......do you think PP said anything to Big Ben??? Hell no........but he got all butt hurt and started acting like he was looking for a fight when a little 6'3" euro guard hand checks him

JC_
11-14-2008, 05:22 PM
What the hell? How is Nash suspended but not the lumox Shaq? He shoves Mcgrady and Yao down (which was impressive) and gets nothing? ********.

I don't know maybe they were thinking Mcgrady's and Shaq's shoves cancel eachother out and they dont want both teams to be too handicapped next game

king4day
11-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Shaq looks like such a chump in this whole thing. He totally pulled a Paul Pierce and started pushing the people who wouldn't push back around.

Like PP the other night tried stirring something up with that little euro guard in the Cavs game...........funny thing is Ben Wallace hip checked him worse a couple plays before.......do you think PP said anything to Big Ben??? Hell no........but he got all butt hurt and started acting like he was looking for a fight when a little 6'3" euro guard hand checks him

Not saying Shaq didn't over do it, but if ur gonna call him out like that then u have to call out McGrady too.

ARMIN12NBA
11-14-2008, 06:22 PM
How was Nash suspended and not Shaq? Shaq went on a wild pushing spree (which was hilarious by the way)...

lakersrock
11-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Not saying Shaq didn't over do it, but if ur gonna call him out like that then u have to call out McGrady too.

Shaq deliberately shoved two different piles of people. Given his size and he wasn't just barely pushing, he could have severely injured someone. Forget the fact Nash would bounce off of just about anyone on the floor and got suspended....Shaq got away with crap yet again.

TmacBryant
11-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Matt barnes deserved suspension for sure. maybe 1 or 2 games only though, and possibly a fine.

steve nash thought tmac was attacking barnes for no reason so it wasnt really his fault that he was an idiot. T-mac just pushed him down, which was pretty funny.

Shaq pushed down 3 people lol... he doesnt deserve suspension though because he was trying to help even though he was pushing everyone. But like i predicted.. he was fined

rafer alston doesnt deserve anything, but the NBA is stupid and whenever a player tries to confront another... they will fine that player or suspend him.

Randy West
11-14-2008, 07:08 PM

oh thats cool sit them both down for acting like idiots

Shaq gets away with more offensive fouls and walking and three in the key than anyone in the league

thats why I get pissed when he gets away with something like what happened lastnight........even when the stuff is right there on the tape

Now it was not really a brawl or anything.........those old 80's-90's Knicks, Bulls, Pistons, Celtics teams would brawl......not just stumble around pushing people like fat kids losing there balance

rhino17
11-14-2008, 07:37 PM
because the league deems it as if you escalate an altercation you will be suspended. this whole suspension is lopsided. whatever nash will get the day off to tend to that bullet wound in the neck from Tmac

Nash shouldnt have grabbed Alston when his teammate clearly cheap shotted him. Barnes deserved to get his *** beat for that puss move he pulled.

No one is to blame for Nash's actions except for Nash

maybe if he knew how to play defense at even a high school level, the suns wouldnt have been down by 20

STAT32
11-14-2008, 07:38 PM
All you people who think Shaq should have been suspended then I guess you believe T-mac should have been suspended as well. T-mac threw Nash to the ground and put a hole in his neck. Shaq pushed T-mac to get him off of Nash.

MiamiHeat
11-14-2008, 07:39 PM
I love how Shaq just pushed everyone
:laugh2:

Shaq is a Beast

rhino17
11-14-2008, 07:39 PM

McGrady pushed a guy who was charging at his teammate. Nash was grabbed Alston. Tmac simply threw him off. Shaq threw down a bunch of people by hitting them from behind, a really ***** thing to do.

Randy West
11-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Brawl.......lol

what happened to the Alonzo Morning chasing a guy around trying to deck him with Jeff Van Gundy getting dragged around like a rag doll holding on to his ankles

now those were the good times

JPHX
11-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Matt barnes deserved suspension for sure. maybe 1 or 2 games only though, and possibly a fine.

steve nash thought tmac was attacking barnes for no reason so it wasnt really his fault that he was an idiot. T-mac just pushed him down, which was pretty funny.

Shaq pushed down 3 people lol... he doesnt deserve suspension though because he was trying to help even though he was pushing everyone. But like i predicted.. he was fined

rafer alston doesnt deserve anything, but the NBA is stupid and whenever a player tries to confront another... they will fine that player or suspend him.

McGrady pushed a guy who was charging at his teammate. Nash was grabbed Alston. Tmac simply threw him off. Shaq threw down a bunch of people by hitting them from behind, a really ***** thing to do.

did you even watch the replay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmQsz0vwfc

How can you actually know what nash's intentions were. he didnt even touch alston. Tmac pushed him to the floor before he even got in the mix. look at the vid. barnes was outnumbered by three rockets ready to do god knows what. before nash even gets to alston, Tmac pushes nash to the ground and tries to inch over him like a badazz. at :17 sec you can see alston attacking nash while he was on the ground. wtf? how can you say alston doesnt deserve anything when he threw a shot to nash which left a gash. and Tmac gets away with a fine for being the clear aggressor. if the suns gets the same punishment for not throwing any punches they shoulda thrown them anyway. bs

S.J.Basketball
11-14-2008, 10:42 PM
That's ********. IMO it should be no broken bones no suspensions.

Nothing happened, just a little pushing and shoving that made the game more interesting. What's wrong with that?

No suspensions should have happened period. NASH??!?! I was watching that game...he literally did nothing and got shoved to the floor by T-Mac? WTF?

astrosmaniac
11-14-2008, 11:02 PM
did you even watch the replay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmQsz0vwfc

How can you actually know what nash's intentions were. he didnt even touch alston. Tmac pushed him to the floor before he even got in the mix. look at the vid. barnes was outnumbered by three rockets ready to do god knows what. before nash even gets to alston, Tmac pushes nash to the ground and tries to inch over him like a badazz. at :17 sec you can see alston attacking nash while he was on the ground. wtf? how can you say alston doesnt deserve anything when he threw a shot to nash which left a gash. and Tmac gets away with a fine for being the clear aggressor. if the suns gets the same punishment for not throwing any punches they shoulda thrown them anyway. bs

look at like 1:30-1:36. nash grabbed rafers jersey and t-mac pushes him off. nash then loses his balance and falls to the ground. At t-mac pushes nash from the front. Shaq pushes everyone from behind id rather have been hit from the front then cheap shotted like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNbC5IEkF9I&feature=related

right there at :15 you see a better view of nash grabbing his jersey. i think barnes should have been suspended for 2 games, alston for 1, nash, t-mac, and shaq fined with shaq getting the biggest fine and nash getting the smallest

4GIVEBILLBUCK
11-14-2008, 11:29 PM
hah yeah thats kinda true

4GIVEBILLBUCK
11-14-2008, 11:29 PM
nash is the man though