PDA

View Full Version : Marbury, Knicks open buyout talks

Macedonian
11-14-2008, 12:45 PM
The ball is now rolling for a Marbury-Knick divorce. A team source said an official breakup could happen in one week. According to a source, Marbury asked Walsh for permission to talk with other clubs, and Walsh is expected to grant that wish soon. Walsh may request that Marbury agree not to sign with an Eastern Conference team.

Lakers4ItAll
11-14-2008, 12:46 PM
About time!

I wonder where would be a good fit for him

NYKnickFanatic
11-14-2008, 12:46 PM
I know this is true. But just put your link for everyone else. Thanks :D

I hope he reunites with KG. :drool:
Spurs are also interested and Marbury said they are atop of his list.

BK-TY
11-14-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't understand how they can make a request like not signing with another Eastern Conference team. The only way I'd honor that request is if I were getting 85% or better of my contract in the buyout.

Faneik
11-14-2008, 12:53 PM
The ball is now rolling for a Marbury-Knick divorce. A team source said an official breakup could happen in one week. According to a source, Marbury asked Walsh for permission to talk with other clubs, and Walsh is expected to grant that wish soon. Walsh may request that Marbury agree not to sign with an Eastern Conference team.

You should quote the source.

$ NyC $
11-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Marbury doesn't give he got talent and skills. Some team is bound 2 take em.

Hellcrooner
11-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Stupid, its a 21 million EXPIRING contract , for gods sake!!!!! that can bring you a STAR in february ............ See Kwames Expiring for Gasol.........

CrowninMe
11-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Link: http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spmarbury1115,0,4154457.story

$ NyC $
11-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Stupid, its a 21 million EXPIRING contract , for gods sake!!!!! that can bring you a STAR in february ............ See Kwames Expiring for Gasol.........

Kwame's was less. It's hard 2 find a good trade where the salaries match. Plus that trade was a rip-off.

Missing56&33
11-14-2008, 04:26 PM
I wish the best for marbury, i hope he finds a team he can help and contribute to. He came into knicks camp with a positive attitude, so i hope that carry over wherever he goes.

Lakers4ItAll
11-14-2008, 04:27 PM
X2

i wish the best for marbury, i hope he finds a team he can help and contribute to. He came into knicks camp with a positive attitude, so i hope that carry over wherever he goes.

MiamiHeat
11-14-2008, 04:30 PM
The Heat could really use him right now

NYKnickFanatic
11-14-2008, 04:31 PM
I wish the best for marbury, i hope he finds a team he can help and contribute to. He came into knicks camp with a positive attitude, so i hope that carry over wherever he goes.

Cant agree with you more. :clap:
I really wish the Knicks would use him. :mad:
But oh well, we're winning. So Im happy. :)

_Sn1P3r_
11-14-2008, 05:28 PM
'Bout time. I think the Heat could use him. They need a playmaker.

*Refer to MiamiHeat's sig.

#1Mavericksfan
11-14-2008, 06:25 PM
I would take him on the Mavs becasue they really need a back up to Jason Kidd and Marbury would be perfect I just hope he still doesn't hate Jason Kidd.

bleedprple&gold
11-14-2008, 07:04 PM
I don't understand how they can make a request like not signing with another Eastern Conference team. The only way I'd honor that request is if I were getting 85% or better of my contract in the buyout.

I think is getting 100% of his buyout. He has been adamant all along about not taking anything less than what is guaranteed to him. He wants to play, and is willing to honor his contract with the Knicks, but they won't let him play, so Marbury has the upper hand in buyout negotiations. And if he wants to sign with an East team, there is really nothing the Knicks can do about it. I think that is why they want him sitting on their bench, so he doesn't go to another contending team and torch the Knicks when they play each other.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-15-2008, 02:22 AM
I have an idea, since Jason Kidd is doing NOTHING good in Dallas, and it is a similar expiring contract ... why not exchange pains?