PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just love it how everyone...

arlubas
11-14-2008, 07:17 AM
on the media shut the hell up after the pistons' 2 latest wins with AI? I'm not any huge AI fan or anything but after losing two games everyone was like "ZOMG this team is falling apart", "the end of an era" and other similar exaggerating BS. Not saying that Detroit is getting back to their 2004 form with AI, far from it, but they didn't exactly become a scrappy team overnight by adding Iverson...

stawka
11-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah they still haven't played many games together, and trading such a big piece for another is gonna change the way the team runs - especially two different types of players.

That said, I don't think they will be as good as they were with Billups. Billups is an absolute menace and was a perfect fit for the Pistons - I don't see AI making that much of a difference, if any

JJ81
11-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Because people have expected more from them the past few years. The "now or never" has gone.

$ NyC $
11-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Don't really see the need 4 this trade. Billups might not be near the scorer AI is but he was their floor leader. Anyways, i still think AI can be that star, and they could still get very far, no way this trade hurts them.

JordansBulls
11-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Well you gotta remember the Pistons with Billups wasn't going to go anywhere anymore. I don't think they were better than Cleveland and definitely not better than Boston. In fact, I think Toronto or even Atlanta could probably beat them in a series if they kept their same team.

Getting Iverson helps more so, but it will take some time.

SteveNash
11-14-2008, 12:26 PM
It probably had to due with the fact that Billups fit in immediately, proving that if you're good a team doesn't need that much time to gel.

Also, Detroit was getting beat up pretty bad against the Kings without Kevin Martin, down against the Warriors without Ellis, and our team chemistry still looks bad.