PDA

View Full Version : trade proposal!!

Missing56&33
11-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Eddie Curry and mardy collins straight up for Ben Wallace. U guys get a scoring big and a big guard, we get a defender and rebounder. thoughts?

airjesus50
11-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Link??

EdTheRevelator
11-13-2008, 07:02 PM
It's not "straight up" if you throw extra players in there.

And no, that's a terrible idea. Curry sucks.

Sbank
11-13-2008, 07:06 PM
No way we are doing that trade. Ben Wallace isn't going to be traded imo. Ben Wallace been playing great for us so far and looks like his formal self when he was with the Pistons.

Cavs_Fan24
11-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Curry's crap and we're definitely not trading Big Ben. Horrible idea.

dwiduck
11-13-2008, 08:00 PM
terrible, curry might be the least efficient player in the nba

TheLogical
11-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Tell your fellow Knicks fans to stop coming over here. We won't trade you anything unless it has to do with David Lee. Im sick and tired of this.

enabring
11-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Seriously, Knick fans? Do you really not think we know why you are bringing up these outrageous trades. Apparently Cleveland doesn't think about finances and the future. Is there something big happening in 2010? We weren't aware.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Thank you sir...next caller

infamous
11-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Thank you sir...next caller

:laugh::laugh:

mattben8
11-14-2008, 05:22 AM
I've got an idea. Why don't we just trade LeBron and the next ten years of Cavs 1st round draft picks, for Eddie Curry, Zach Randolph, and Isaiah Thomas?

This deal TOTALLY WORKS OUT FOR KNICKS FANS.

Dude, take your Curry deal, your Randolph deal and any other deal not involving David Lee and stuff it. If Curry was such an awesome big, and if Randolph was such a great teammate, your team wouldn't be so damn desperate to get rid of them.

batman8040
11-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Ben wallace for two stiffs, this isnt madden

23LBJCleBrowns
11-14-2008, 12:02 PM
No!!!!!!

HOZ THE KNICK
11-14-2008, 01:15 PM
that trade do make sense for both clubs in a unique way

Missing56&33
11-14-2008, 03:25 PM
WOW- that was funny. But seriously, it made sense to me. Curry is not a bad player, Z is getting old, Ben will never be Ben again(should have never left detroit) but i guess u guys dont like Curry , thanks for your input.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-14-2008, 04:46 PM
WOW- that was funny. But seriously, it made sense to me. Curry is not a bad player, Z is getting old, Ben will never be Ben again(should have never left detroit) but i guess u guys dont like Curry , thanks for your input.

Well..IF you look at the standings you would notice we are 7-2 with Z and Ben so I doubt we will do something this drastic.

Z's having a great year and so is Ben, so I am not sure where you get your information on either of these players. To me they don't seem like their age is showing.

mattben8
11-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Here's what I don't get about these idiotic Knicks fans...

They're argument for us making the trade is ALWAYS about making the Cavs better because Z is so old, and Ben is a terrible player who won't be the defensive force he once was with the Pistons and that they'd be HAPPY to help out our struggling (7-2) Cavs by making such a generous, selfless deal.

I WILL REPEAT MY QUESTION: If Curry is SO great, and SO wonderful, and that much of an upgrade over Wallace or Z, then why isn't he seeing ANY playing time for the Knicks? And why are you so eager to get rid of him?

Listening to Knicks fans fantasize about these kinds of trades is like listening to an ugly friend tell you all about how he KNOWS a certain stripper is into him.

Shut up already...we all know that it's not going to happen.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-15-2008, 12:57 AM
Here's what I don't get about these idiotic Knicks fans...

They're argument for us making the trade is ALWAYS about making the Cavs better because Z is so old, and Ben is a terrible player who won't be the defensive force he once was with the Pistons and that they'd be HAPPY to help out our struggling (7-2) Cavs by making such a generous, selfless deal.

I WILL REPEAT MY QUESTION: If Curry is SO great, and SO wonderful, and that much of an upgrade over Wallace or Z, then why isn't he seeing ANY playing time for the Knicks? And why are you so eager to get rid of him?

Listening to Knicks fans fantasize about these kinds of trades is like listening to an ugly friend tell you all about how he KNOWS a certain stripper is into him.

Shut up already...we all know that it's not going to happen.

Ha Ha I like that. I think your right too though. I don't see why the Knicks would want tWo not very good contracts in Z and Ben in exchange for only one bad contract. Doesn't make sense, but at the same time it won't happen.

mattben8
11-15-2008, 03:11 AM
The Knicks want to trade Curry for Z and Ben for the following reasons (in no particular order)...

1.) Curry really isn't that good, and certainly IS NOT worth the money they're paying him.
2.) This is a big one...Curry's deal isn't up until the 2011/2012 season, where as Z's and Ben's are up NEXT season, thus freeing up 25 million dollars in cap room for the 2010 off season...it just so happens that during that offseason, LeBron, Bosh, Wade, etc will become free agents....gee...I wonder why the Knicks would want all that cap space...
3.)Z and Ben are more productive on BOTH ends of the floor than Curry will ever be...
4.) Curry can't run, and there are still lingering concerns about his potential heart problem...

edla423
11-22-2008, 11:41 AM
No way we are doing that trade. Ben Wallace isn't going to be traded imo. Ben Wallace been playing great for us so far and looks like his formal self when he was with the Pistons.

agree with him not being traded but he definitely is no where near what he used to be on the pistons defensively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkMa5H2rSzE&feature=related

TMAC94
11-24-2008, 06:33 AM
curry isnt tat bad man

HOZ THE KNICK
11-24-2008, 11:24 AM
curry would fit real good in cleveland and big ben expiring will fit real good in what the knicks are trying to do.

mattben8
11-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Okay...EVERYONE who is a Knick fan who goes into these threads, PLEASE READ THIS...

THE CAVS WILL NOT....

NOT TODAY, NOT EVER, GIVE YOUR TEAM TWO QUALITY BIG MEN FOR THE FAT UNMOTIVATED TUB OF LARD NAMED EDDIE CURRY...

if you seriously believe that this is a good deal for the Cavs and can't admit that you know for a fact that the Cleveland GM would have to be an absolute ****** to make such a trade, then please...go buy a gun and shoot yourself....

THIS TRADE WOULD BE NO GOOD FOR CLEVELAND....

Z and Ben have GREAT contracts, do you know why? Because they expire after the 2009/2010 season and they're HUGE...

Eddie Curry has THREE years left on his deal, and can't even get off the bench for 3 minutes a game with the knicks right now...

NO TEAM IN THE NBA WOULD TRADE FOR EDDIE CURRY RIGHT NOW, ESPECIALLY NOT THE CAVALIERS....

So just stop, PLEASE just stop with all this B***SH***T...crawl back to whatever borough your from and just leave us alone....

The Cavs will NEVER trade for Eddie Curry, NEVER...so give it up...please just shut the hell up about how great Curry woudl be for the Cavs, because NO ONE believes what you're saying....NO ONE....

Lizard King
11-24-2008, 02:47 PM
They fear that Cleveland will have (gasps)...CAP ROOM in 2010!

Stupid trade, and most definitely one-sided.

Ben Wallace > Eddy Curry

Sbank
11-24-2008, 08:52 PM
curry isnt tat bad man
Yeah he is. Z and Ben are better then him by a long shoot.

curry would fit real good in cleveland and big ben expiring will fit real good in what the knicks are trying to do.

He wouldn't. He probable get mop up minutes and he not worth any of those guys in the trade you Knick fans prepose. We not going to do a favor for the Knicks and trade for Curry. Only player we interested is David Lee on the Knicks roster.

Lizard King
11-24-2008, 09:29 PM

So the Cavs are just supposed to sit there and watch the Knicks try to sign LeBron?

Why on earth would they do that, for Eddy freakin' Curry?

Sbank
11-24-2008, 10:56 PM
So the Cavs are just supposed to sit there and watch the Knicks try to sign LeBron?

Why on earth would they do that, for Eddy freakin' Curry?

They aren't going to do it. If the Cavs did that LeBron will probable leave when he a free agent. What the Cavs have to do is put together a good team and win the NBA champion chip. We have a solid core for years. We need to add a piece or two and we have a destiny.

dwiduck
11-24-2008, 11:06 PM
curry isnt tat bad man

he most certainly is

dwiduck
11-24-2008, 11:09 PM

you obviously dont know what the Cavs do or else you wouldn't think that. The Cavs are good, whereas Curry is not, end of story.

EdTheRevelator
11-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Why is this thread still going?

Aw ****, I just topped it.:p

celticfan
11-25-2008, 09:00 AM
what if the knicks added David Lee to the deal? Would you guys think about?

Lizard King
11-25-2008, 02:37 PM
what if the knicks added David Lee to the deal? Would you guys think about?

Regardless of what they add, this trade only helps the Knicks in the long run. The Cavs management would be stupid to pull off any trades with the damn Knicks, especially for their big contracts. If anything, the Cavs should empty out some of the big contracts, to offer LeBron much more than the Knicks can.

king4day
11-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Regardless of what they add, this trade only helps the Knicks in the long run. The Cavs management would be stupid to pull off any trades with the damn Knicks, especially for their big contracts. If anything, the Cavs should empty out some of the big contracts, to offer LeBron much more than the Knicks can.

Problem here is, if they deal away pricey talent just to clear cap space, then they will be less competitive, thus giving LBJ even more a reason to bolt.

Lizard King
11-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Problem here is, if they deal away pricey talent just to clear cap space, then they will be less competitive, thus giving LBJ even more a reason to bolt.

Well their current roster is talented, but they can most definitely improve.

For example, they can improve over both West and Gibson. That's over 8 million right there.

EdTheRevelator
11-26-2008, 12:18 AM
If anything, the Cavs should empty out some of the big contracts, to offer LeBron much more than the Knicks can.

Well, we already can.

Cleveland can pay him the most, roughly $133 million over six years, while everyone else can offer about $102 mil over five.

-Chris Broussard, ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=broussard_chris&page=LeBron-081125

So clearing cap space doesn't make much sense because we want to keep a good roster in order to make LeBron happy.

Sbank
11-26-2008, 12:31 AM
We can out bid any team but money isn't the issue for him. It's all about which team can be a global icon and give him the best chance of winning the NBA champion chip with a good roster. I think he stays we have a real talented roster and we probable make our team better at the deadline.

Lizard King
11-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Well I was just saying that your team can definitely get an improvement over West/Gibson.

Joe Johnson would be a good fit in the Cavs system.