PDA

View Full Version : cleveland big mistake!!!

Missing56&33
11-13-2008, 05:02 PM
this topic came up in discussion. IMO I think Cleveland made a big mistake in letting Boozer sign with the Jazz. I thought for sure they would match the Jazz offer, but they didn't. When u have good players you have to keep them, i dont see them getting past the Celtics and now i dont even think they could beat the Hawks . I think it was a blown opportunity because boozer is now... Carlos Boozer u would have been champions by now. Lebron needs another quality all star

Clevefan23
11-13-2008, 05:03 PM
ok

EdTheRevelator
11-13-2008, 07:01 PM
:horse::crazy:

Sbank
11-13-2008, 07:04 PM
I wanted Boozer to stay but he burned down to many bridges to come back if he wanted too. I don't agree with you about how we need another superstar with LeBron to win NBA title. We probable are better then the Celtics in the playoffs right now. Our team last year which was worst then what had now put the Celtics to 7 game and we nearly won it. Mo Williams at point guard and West at shooting guard makes a big difference instead of West and Wally at guards. The Hawks are a good young team though.

Cavs_Fan24
11-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Ok, dont come in here and start saying that cuz you make no sense. We nearly beat Boston, we've been to the NBA Finals, and what has Boozer done in Utah? oooo made the WCF. There's one memorable achievement. It doesn't really matter cuz right now, besides Boston we're the team to beat, and Atlanta could possibly been thrown in that category also (but i still need more time to see if they seriosuly are the real deal).

And you said he needs another quality all-star, well is Mo Williams a perennial all-star?:confused: and you just wait, there's at least one more quality player comin to Cleveland within the next year.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Thank you sir..next caller please.

CavsYanksDuke
11-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Ridiculous topic.

mattben8
11-14-2008, 05:20 AM
The Cavs and Boozer had tentatively (and somewhat illegally) agreed that the team would NOT pick up his third year option on his rookie deal because it paid him so little (900k/year). They also agreed that after cutting him, Boozer would re-sign for the highest allowable deal under the Cavs salary cap, 6 years 42 million. After he was "cut" by the Cavs, he signed a 60 million dollar deal with Utah that the Cavs could not match (for salary cap reasons).

Therefore, he's a backstabber. He's great from November-March, but fades in April and May (esp. the playoffs) and WE (Cavs nation) don't want his dishonest ***** back. He can take his money, and his ringless fingers and watch LeBron bring the Cavs to nation prominence from a distance.

To hell with him.

23LBJCleBrowns
11-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Uh, that happened how many years ago? I really don't care about that anymore.

AMC31
11-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah, i think thats how most of us feel, we all wanted Boozer to stay, but seeing him go shows how greedy and unloyal he is. Anyway i like our team now better than if he stayed.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-14-2008, 08:17 PM
You act like this is new to Cavalier fans!

snoop2327
11-14-2008, 08:37 PM
why did you make this thread? what was the point we are a great team now without him...he is an unloyal piece of **** he is gonna leave the jazz now to wait and see

CavsYanksDuke
11-15-2008, 03:23 PM
The Pistons took Darko.

It's pretty obvious who the stupid franchise is.

celticfan
11-15-2008, 07:35 PM
why bring this up

IndiansFan337
11-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Ok, dont come in here and start saying that cuz you make no sense. We nearly beat Boston, we've been to the NBA Finals, and what has Boozer done in Utah? oooo made the WCF. There's one memorable achievement. It doesn't really matter cuz right now, besides Boston we're the team to beat, and Atlanta could possibly been thrown in that category also (but i still need more time to see if they seriosuly are the real deal).

And you said he needs another quality all-star, well is Mo Williams a perennial all-star?:confused: and you just wait, there's at least one more quality player comin to Cleveland within the next year.

Well, Mo Williams isn't a perennial All-Star. In fact, he has never been an All-Star. And he likely never will be either. But that is not needed from him.

We attempted to re sign Boozer, but he turned his back on us. We had the opportunity to match the offer, but we could not do so unless we got under the salary cap. So we had a few days to orchestrate some trades to clear cap space if we wished to do so. We decided it wasn't worth it. And let him walk.

We can sit here & fantasy about having him on our squad, but I do feel that everything would have played out differently had he remained on this squad. Had Boozer not departed so rapidly, we never would have traded Tony Battie for Drew Gooden & a second pick named Anderson Varejao. We also probably would not have traded Larry Hughes in a trade based around a PF/C (Wallace) coming back in return. Now it's not Wallace that I'm specifically pointing out here, it is mainly West & Wally. If this team did not have Varejao, West, Wally & even Wallace we would not necessarily be any better. Also, if we had Boozer we almost certainly would have drafted lower each season. That means we would probably not have Hickson, and possibly not have Gibson either. So we can't just say I wish we re signed Boozer & then place him alongside the current roster. Every scenario would have played out differently had he stayed.

futureman
11-18-2008, 09:34 PM
why did you make this thread? what was the point we are a great team now without him...he is an unloyal piece of **** he is gonna leave the jazz now to wait and see

And I will be the first person to throw a party for him. Better he leaves, so we can have 40 million in cap space to sign amare with.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-18-2008, 10:13 PM
And I will be the first person to throw a party for him. Better he leaves, so we can have 40 million in cap space to sign amare with.

Boozer hasn't progressed as well as I would think. He is topping off kind of early for a guy with a lot of talent. Amare certainly would be better to have.

LeBrowns
11-27-2008, 12:08 AM
The Cavs and Boozer had an under the table contract offer/agreement. But after Boozer saw how much guys like Mehmet Okur got(Who he was better than) he realized he could get more. The Jazz offered him more than the Cavs could afford to match. Research your topic before you make another thread like this.

IndiansFan337
11-27-2008, 01:45 AM

Sure that would be ideal, but there's no reason to expect Amare to leave Arizona. And definitely no reason to expect him to welcome a relocation to Utah.

Ethix11
11-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Everyone in the league knows this.

Weidner9
12-01-2008, 10:27 PM
The thing that really shows us how low boozer actually is........After he went back on his word, his own agent dropped him right before a big payday because he didn't like how he operated. An agent the lowest form of human being thought Boozer was a trashball!!! Thats saying something!