PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Fernandez ROY?

zachattach
11-13-2008, 03:16 AM
Do any of you think Rudy Fernandez will have a chance to win ROY? Dude is a baller.

cambovenzi
11-13-2008, 03:40 AM
i doubt it.
OJ mayo IMO.
rudy isnt even starting, right?

zambo4president
11-13-2008, 03:45 AM
Highly unlikely, he doesnt get as much press as Beasley, Rose, Mayo will. The guys a hell of a player though. Plus he has Oden on his team and there all going to be looking at him.

Duncan = Donkey
11-13-2008, 03:53 AM
he is a stud, i still cant beleive the suns got rid of him for fukin cash.

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2008, 03:53 AM
I think he has a chance. He is definitely playing the best out of any rookie at this point. If he keeps it up then he deserves to be the ROY.

Hellcrooner
11-13-2008, 03:57 AM
If votes didnt have anything to do with HYPE, Sports center, Nike etc etc then Yes he would have a chance.

But, things are not that way.

Look for Nba tv hihglits of Memphis vs Warriors 1st game, when Marc Gasol did 27 points 16 rebounds 4 assists four blocks.

In that hihglihts there is only 1!!!!! Image of Marc the rest of the video is all about Gay and OJ.........

so... go figure its ether Rose, or Beasely, Maby Mayo.....no matter what they do.

thapharcyd
11-13-2008, 04:09 AM

Yup, that pissed me off too!!! :mad:

Hellcrooner
11-13-2008, 04:18 AM
well, imagine you kept him.
Whose Playing time will he be taking out= Leandrinhos? Diaws? Bells?.

I THINK he is better than all of them , but im not sure porter would have thouhgt the same..

cmoneytakemoney
11-13-2008, 04:30 AM
Do any of you think Rudy Fernandez will have a chance to win ROY? Dude is a baller.

He is a big time baller. If the season ended today it would come down to Rudy Fernandez and OJ Mayo but, by the time the season really ends I think it will be between Rudy Fernandez, OJ Mayo, Michael Beasley, Derrick Rose, and maybe even Marc Gasol. Fernandez has as good of a shot as anyone to win it though. He's is the real deal.

Duncan = Donkey
11-13-2008, 05:05 AM
i reckon the bias us media will destoy his chances. its going to rose,beasley or mayo.

Ansy
11-13-2008, 06:20 AM
Rudy's 15ppg on 10 shots in 27 minutes is harder to pull off than Mayo's 21 on 17 shots in 40 minutes but what the voters will see is "15ppg vs 21ppg."

I don't think the media hype surrounding better-known players will have any impact on rookie of the year voting, as others suggest. Yao had a thousand times more hype than any other rookie but Amare won out because his numbers were better. R.O.Y is a numbers (specifically ppg) award not a hype award.

Tblaze
11-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Rudy's 15ppg on 10 shots in 27 minutes is harder to pull off than Mayo's 21 on 17 shots in 40 minutes but what the voters will see is "15ppg vs 21ppg."

yes and don't forget the team that surrounds him, Rudy is the 3rd option after Roy and Aldridge probably at best. Mayo may very well be the 1st option of memphis.

uchiha
11-13-2008, 08:11 AM
He is ridiculous, definitely one of the top rookies of this class as of right now and would, most likely, be totally deserving to with Rookie of the Year.

However, there are too many big names who are "supposed" to be contenders and one of them will win it, such as Beasley, Rose, Mayo, possibly Oden if he gets on track.

Too much great rookie competition this year, sort of like 2003 (but without the potential of guys like Lebron, Wade, Bosh)

amare#1
11-13-2008, 08:49 AM

Yeah this is killing me right now.

NYKnickFanatic
11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
I bet he wins it.
He is so sick.
And has the most experience than any other rookie.
If he doesnt win it, I would be mad.

29$JerZ
11-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Rudy will win 6th Man taward the way he has been playing.
Mayo or Rose seem to be the likely Rookie of the year top canidates.

Jay22Redd
11-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Rudy is really good. He is going to be a big time player but he wont get ROY because Rose and Mayo are having good seasons as well and they were higher picks. Also, most of the time, the leading rookie scorer wins ROY and he wont be the leading scorer for sure.

Fans in Asia
11-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Rudy Fernandez is always my first two choices for ROY (the other one is Derrick Rose).

He told the world he has all the ability to compete in NBA at Olympics Final. What surprised me is that he could adapt the NBA rules / tempo / games so quickly (vs FIBA).

He is flirting with both ROY and Sixth Man Award...

Another Jazz Fans in Asia
http://jazzfansinasia.blogspot.com

lakers4sho
11-13-2008, 11:10 AM
He has the skills to do it. If he continues his stellar play down the stretch, of course he has a shot.

As much as I want him to win it, I think they'll give it to Derrick Rose, unless he gets injured.

JordansBulls
11-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Rudy will have a tough time especially if Oden stays healthy now. But I can't remember the last time we had a Rookie class where at least 5 guys could win the ROY.

SteveNash
11-13-2008, 11:38 AM
If votes didnt have anything to do with HYPE, Sports center, Nike etc etc then Yes he would have a chance.

But, things are not that way.

Look for Nba tv hihglits of Memphis vs Warriors 1st game, when Marc Gasol did 27 points 16 rebounds 4 assists four blocks.

In that hihglihts there is only 1!!!!! Image of Marc the rest of the video is all about Gay and OJ.........

so... go figure its ether Rose, or Beasely, Maby Mayo.....no matter what they do.

If Gasol continually puts up 27/16/4 he'll get rookie of the year easily. Even if they never show a highlight of him on TV.

sciferguy
11-13-2008, 04:23 PM
did you guys see Rudy light up beasley and the heat...derrick rose is next in a few days..Rudy does more per minute then any rookie and in the top 15 in the nba

chicagowhitesox
11-13-2008, 05:12 PM
no. derrick rose already won.

Mallpha
11-13-2008, 05:29 PM
His chances are more or less like Scolas last year.NBA is business and ROY award aint only about rewarding best rookie but its also about money and no matter how good Rudy will be he never will bring as much money as O.J, Rose, Beasly or Oden.

Draco
11-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Too much great rookie competition this year, sort of like 2003 (but without the potential of guys like Lebron, Wade, Bosh)

How can you know that for sure? Lebron was the only guarenteed superstar that year. Noone knew the others would be as good as they turned out. You think the Pistons still go for Darko if they knew about Bosh?

MiamiHeat
11-13-2008, 05:32 PM
I bet he wins it.
He is so sick.
And has the most experience than any other rookie.
If he doesnt win it, I would be mad.

duhhh
he's been playing professional basketball in Europe
for a few years before came in the NBA

Aapox
11-13-2008, 05:35 PM
no. derrick rose already won.

Don't say that **** damnit.

Draco
11-13-2008, 05:43 PM

Awwww.... Never give up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsmzDL61oME&feature=related

Randy West
11-13-2008, 05:46 PM
If he were in the running people would complain because he has been playing in other leagues or international play before now.

He has the talent, if he gets the minutes who knows how it could shake out

What are we in like the second week of the season??? A whole bunch of stuff could effect who gets what and when at this point.

mrblisterdundee
11-13-2008, 06:08 PM
There are too many options on the Blazers for Rudy to get comparatively impressive numbers. OJ Mayo is a good possibility, as he has so far turned out to be "the man" for Memphis a little more than Gay. I'm just glad that Rudy gives Portland a rookie to be proud of. All of Oden's undeserved hype is coming back to bite him. I'm not saying he won't be good, but he's the only Blazers rookie that hasn't proven anything.

_Sn1P3r_
11-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Rudy's a stud but I think Mayo, Rose or Beasley is taking it.