PDA

View Full Version : There will never be another Dirk

hotpotato1092
11-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Every year starting around april some european big man is hailed as "the next dirk". Every year around november we realize that he isn't. And the cycle begins again the next april. Why haven't teams caught onto this? Look at the list: Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Darko Milicic, Andrea Bargnani, Danillo Gallinari, and several lesser known players who were still top 10 picks. This happens every year and yet teams still don't realize it. Why? Is it because of the ridiculous amount of praise that Tim Legler gives them (there all so long and have tremendous upside!)? Is it because they're all desperate after Dirk has torched them for almost 10 years? You'd think that professional GMs would catch onto this, and it's not Isiah making these picks, Donnie Walsh, Brian Colangelo, Joe Dumars and Kiki Vandewegh are all respected executives. Can someone explain this phenomenon to me? And also, will there ever be another Dirk?

hotpotato1092
11-13-2008, 12:04 AM
*they're not there in parentheses

JIDsanity
11-13-2008, 12:15 AM
Yi

uptownfan
11-13-2008, 12:22 AM
I would have to agree that it seems like many GM's have made awful picks in drafting Euro players so early. Andrea Bargnani and Milicic are both great examples, they have the height and length but they are way too soft, and I think that most GM's becoming more aware of that it is extremely difficult for a Euro player to adapt to the NBA's different style of play.

The only reason Dirk is so good is because of his gifted scoring ability that most guys don't have. He is a fragile player at times like most European players

Kaptain Kanada
11-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Dirk folds up like a tent in the wind come playoff time.

lakers4sho
11-13-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm pretty sure there will be. We just don't know when.

Lakers4ItAll
11-13-2008, 01:15 AM
Lol

dirk folds up like a tent in the wind come playoff time.

IndyRealist
11-13-2008, 01:34 AM
Lack of effective scouting. Even with US players the draft is generally a crap shoot after the 5th pick, then there's so much less scouting on foreign players and the level of competitiveness in each of the different leagues varies greatly, with no clear ranking system for the leagues. It's just more of a risk to use a draft pick on a Euro, which was especially frustrating since Larry Bird's strategy was to use up second round picks on Euro players who may never make the leap to the NBA. I'm guessing it was a cap issue.

#1Mavericksfan
11-13-2008, 01:41 AM
Dirk and the Mavericks are about to get alot of hate in this thread for no reason...I can already tell.

nik.jd.aitken
11-13-2008, 01:43 AM

Made it to the finals?

Sorry how has Bosh done in the finals?

Mile High Champ
11-13-2008, 02:13 AM
I would have to agree that it seems like many GM's have made awful picks in drafting Euro players so early. Andrea Bargnani and Milicic are both great examples, they have the height and length but they are way too soft, and I think that most GM's becoming more aware of that it is extremely difficult for a Euro player to adapt to the NBA's different style of play.

The only reason Dirk is so good is because of his gifted scoring ability that most guys don't have. He is a fragile player at times like most European players

Clearly you have not seen andrea play this season because he is anything but soft. He is really coming into his own this season. I really think he will surprise a lot of people this year and could become the next Dirk type player... its still way to early to tell with him.. International players typically take longer to develop and so do post players...

CrowninMe
11-13-2008, 02:20 AM
There also won't ever be another bargnani. What a joke of pick he was. No way he'll ever even lick Dirk's shoes.

Duncan = Donkey
11-13-2008, 03:12 AM
im sure there will be another dirk type player down the road from overseas.

thapharcyd
11-13-2008, 03:13 AM
...and how many rings does Dirk have?

hotpotato1092
11-13-2008, 03:26 AM
When I said there will never be another Dirk, I meant that there will never be a player that plays with his style at that level. There may be other effective shooting big men, but none will ever reach the level that Dirk has (MVP, leader of perennial 50-60 win team etc...). I think the biggest reason is the ridiculous amount of hype that these guys get when they actually just aren't that good. They have two guys at ESPN who are basically payed to say how good these guys are (Fran Frischilla and Tim Legler). Then again, Legler thinks everyone is amazing, especially if they're long and have incredible upside. Have I mentioned that I think Tim Legler is an awful analyst?

Duncan = Donkey
11-13-2008, 03:43 AM
When I said there will never be another Dirk, I meant that there will never be a player that plays with his style at that level. There may be other effective shooting big men, but none will ever reach the level that Dirk has (MVP, leader of perennial 50-60 win team etc...). I think the biggest reason is the ridiculous amount of hype that these guys get when they actually just aren't that good. They have two guys at ESPN who are basically payed to say how good these guys are (Fran Frischilla and Tim Legler). Then again, Legler thinks everyone is amazing, especially if they're long and have incredible upside. Have I mentioned that I think Tim Legler is an awful analyst?

your just assuming that. the fact is there is no way we can tell if there will be another player like dirk, who plays on his type of level.

#1Mavericksfan
11-13-2008, 03:59 AM
Dirk Nowitzki achievements

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Dirk_Nowitzki

I wonder what the Dirk haters are gonna say about this...there will never be another Dirk Nowitzki but you never know anything is possible.

Hellcrooner
11-13-2008, 03:59 AM
DOnt lose track on VICTOR CLAVER, he is the Next " Next" Dirk.....lets see what he can do

thapharcyd
11-13-2008, 04:01 AM
DOnt lose track on VICTOR CLAVER, he is the Next " Next" Dirk.....lets see what he can do

Who?

Hellcrooner
11-13-2008, 04:24 AM
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/victor-claver
Old Review, he has blossomed this year and is playing like a BEAST.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Victor-Claver-336/

Raps18-19 Champ
01-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Bargnani was showing like he was Dirk in the last 10-15 games

Missing56&33
01-31-2009, 07:44 PM
good question. I dont think so. Dirk has a unique game. Not to many 7' guys can do what he does. I think Dirk is in a class by himself. Unfortunately all his skill and talent wont ever land him a championship. He can join Barkley, Ewing and Malone

Bring The Heat
01-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Dirk is a remarkable player...he is 7 footer and is probaly one of the best shooters in the game...no reason to hate on this man...just hasnt had a lot of luck on his side sometimes....and this is coming from a heat fan....if he was on a team with a player like wade, bron, or kobe he'd have a ring...i'd love to see him in a heat uniform even though it would never happen lol

Lone Maverick
01-31-2009, 08:27 PM
I personally don't think there will be another Dirk (at least not in my lifetime or any of our lifetimes for that matter) but thats for history to decide.

And as for the championship thing which is ALWAYS brought up whenever Dirk is discussed, I just personally think every team that has ever won it all needed at least a little luck on their side. More teams of that are more notable than others. Here is to hoping the big German steals a leprechaun or something cuz dude isn't lucky at all.

magichatnumber9
01-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Dirk and the Mavericks are about to get alot of hate in this thread for no reason...I can already tell.

man you are right.. but not from me because I have nothing against Dallas.

magichatnumber9
01-31-2009, 08:42 PM
Dirk is unique

Raidaz4Life
01-31-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm gonna have to agree.... I don't think Dirk will ever willingly clone himself...

Trouble87
01-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Dirk is just a 7ft guy who shoots the 3 ball well & rebounds.... he has decent handles & can create his own shot when the pressure isnt on him. Not overwhelmingly hard to find another Dirk or someone that can play better than him. Another thing... Dirk wasn't a overnight sensation he took time to develop... he also had great players around him to hide his faults early. Put a young Steve Nash & a Micheal Finley in his prime around Barngani im sure he'll up his level of play. One more thing Dirk didnt start averging more than 20ppg until he was getting over 30 mins a game... Dirk is great but he's not the european golden boy... there will be another big man to come from overseas and fill his shoes (not saying its soon but maybe one day)

kingjanjic
01-31-2009, 08:56 PM
umm have u not seen Andrea Bargnani play in the last 15 games?

dirk started off slow 2 ,till he became a better player and his stats when up. As i see it, Bargnani is heading to become dirk, if not better. So i dont get what u mean. Ur just plan STUPID, if u dont think bargnani is like dirk, they play excatly the same but dirk is clearly better then bargnani at this part.

Dirk had nash to feed him the ball, so he become a great scorer. bargnani is like the 3rd, or 4th option on his team right now, if o niel was traded, and bosh was to leave in 2010, id say Bargnani would be averaging 25 n 9,

just cuz ur a dirk fan, u got alot of bias but come on man think before u make a statement like that cuz u must be blind if u dont think bargnani n dirk r alot similar

dgreat5000
01-31-2009, 08:58 PM
YOU'RE RIGHT, there will never be another Dirk!!!! 7'0" Shooter...he's 1 of a kind. They try every year like the post sayz but...

hotpotato1092
01-31-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow, I've never seen a thread die and then in 2 and a half months come back to life. It went from november 13th to january 31st without a post and it wasn't stickied. That's really impressive.

Giaps
01-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Dirk is one of the most unique players the NBA has ever seen.

Trouble87
01-31-2009, 09:07 PM

dirk started off slow 2 ,till he became a better player and his stats when up. As i see it, Bargnani is heading to become dirk, if not better. So i dont get what u mean. Ur just plan STUPID, if u dont think bargnani is like dirk, they play excatly the same but dirk is clearly better then bargnani at this part.

Dirk had nash to feed him the ball, so he become a great scorer. bargnani is like the 3rd, or 4th option on his team right now, if o niel was traded, and bosh was to leave in 2010, id say Bargnani would be averaging 25 n 9,

just cuz ur a dirk fan, u got alot of bias but come on man think before u make a statement like that cuz u must be blind if u dont think bargnani n dirk r alot similar

I like Bargani and im with u on a lot of what u said but he's way too inconsistent to be anywhere near considered to being like Dirk... Maybe in a few years he'll get kinda close but all ive seen from him in the last few games is what ive been seeing... flashes of talent with very little heart/passion. If u have Bosh pounding it inside all game how do u not knock down atleast 2 or more 3pt shots every game (which is supposed to be one of his skills)... His jumpers should fall like rain drops with all the double teams that Bosh commands. A young Dirk wouldve done DAMAGE with Bosh in the paint. (hell a young Dirk did DAMAGE with Shawn Bradley & Raef Lafrentz in the paint)

NyK #8 Ro0st3r
01-31-2009, 09:19 PM

How many rings does Nash have?!

Bricklayer
01-31-2009, 09:21 PM

It's a tad hypocritical to call somebody "plan stupid"

I think the word you were looking for is plain.

carruthers32
01-31-2009, 09:24 PM
There also won't ever be another bargnani. What a joke of pick he was. No way he'll ever even lick Dirk's shoes.

In 20 games as the Raps starting C he is avg. 18 ppg and 7 rpg, and hes only 22.

FOBolous
01-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Bargnani has a chance. Yi has a chance too if he's really as young as the Chinese government say he is.

ragee
01-31-2009, 09:43 PM

When did this happen again? Coz I can only remember one time when Wade surprised them and manhandled the Mavs single handedly... Against the Warriors? He was triple teamed and the opponents coach knows all about him... Any superstar can'tdo anything about this... The Hornets? The mavs folded but he didn't...

BlondeBomber41
01-31-2009, 09:47 PM
In 20 games as the Raps starting C he is avg. 18 ppg and 7 rpg, and hes only 22.

and what does he shoot, like 41% for the season? Big men should never shoot anywhere near 40%.

jkiddvc20
01-31-2009, 09:56 PM
LMAO I find it funny that people say Andrea is just as good as Dirk or ever will be. I see the Raptors 4 times a year and no way would he even be half of what Dirk is. Andrea can not handle the ball dribble down and hit the fadeaway with the man in his face, he is a 3 point shooter nothing more nothing less. Great 3 point shooter, horrendous rebounder and defensively he could not guard a 12 year old.

TheShock45
01-31-2009, 10:17 PM
omg you forgot the best one
my favorite of all time ....THE NEXT DIRK.... i believe his name was Martynas Andriuškevičius hahaa i had to copy and paste it thats how hard it was to spell
hahaha he was suppose to be the next dirk and he went fron top 3 big to bottem 3rd of round two haha

Bring The Heat
01-31-2009, 10:55 PM
dirk has had his moments being clutch...put it this way if it wasn't for his 3 point play against the spurs the mavs wouldn't have faced us in the finals...

ee
01-31-2009, 11:02 PM
there are already players that resembles Dirks game.....not europeans though but players like Odom, Harrington, Jamison.....but from Europe, there are still some talents out there.....not sure they'll be as good though.....who knows.....

JermanJaysFan
01-31-2009, 11:03 PM
and what does he shoot, like 41% for the season? Big men should never shoot anywhere near 40%.

In those same 20 games, he is shooting 47% from the floor and 46% from three.

ragee
01-31-2009, 11:09 PM
there are already players that resembles Dirks game.....not europeans though but players like Odom, Harrington, Jamison.....but from Europe, there are still some talents out there.....not sure they'll be as good though.....who knows.....

Resembles, yeah... But they are not as good as dirk...

ramz.n
01-31-2009, 11:16 PM
YOU'RE RIGHT, there will never be another Dirk!!!! 7'0" Shooter...he's 1 of a kind. They try every year like the post sayz but...

Bargnani has the same style of play as dirk...hes euro..7 foot, shoots 3's, great free throw shooter, is more of a face to the basket type player, but you look at dirks age and experience now and the role he was in when he first came into the NBA, its not like Dirk had to fight for a spot with Bosh and J'O on his team.

what54!?
01-31-2009, 11:33 PM
All I know is that he killed the heat tonight.

Joshtd1
01-31-2009, 11:50 PM
The reason that makes Dirk so unique, is the ability to create for himself. Sure alot of 7 footers can make a jumper, but Dirk is the only one at his height that I've seen with the moves that he has. His footwork is remarkable for someone his size, especially since he can do it out on the perimeter. Not to mentino he is most likely going to faster then any 7 footer you put on him.

I personally think Dirk gets alot of unwarranted hate.

Talick
01-31-2009, 11:57 PM
LMAO I find it funny that people say Andrea is just as good as Dirk or ever will be. I see the Raptors 4 times a year and no way would he even be half of what Dirk is. Andrea can not handle the ball dribble down and hit the fadeaway with the man in his face, he is a 3 point shooter nothing more nothing less. Great 3 point shooter, horrendous rebounder and defensively he could not guard a 12 year old.

I gotta disagree with you on that one. Bargnani is a great defender and could actually trump Bosh in that department. But the only part of Dirk's game that Bargnani doesn't have is ball handling skills. He's incredibly sloppy, and often predictable when taking it to the basket. I always get nervous when he puts the ball on the floor. He makes the right decisions offensively and defensively, but he really needs to develop his ball handling skills to be of Dirk's calibur.

Iodine
02-01-2009, 12:06 AM

Same number as nash and amare

Dirk is a beast at creating his own shot, and is sooooo good at scoring that I think he is a once in a generation player

IversonIsKrazy
02-01-2009, 12:11 AM
there wont be, the closest is bargs though. in his last 17 games hes averaging 20 ppg and 8rpg.

Marius
02-01-2009, 12:19 AM

I'm not saying Bargnani is the next dirk, but have you seen him play? Why are you tlaking out of a dark place which we can't talk about? He's not soft.

michaelb2254
02-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Dirk is a rare player. He has an amazing skill set for 7 footer. His Mavs got royally screwed by the Refs against the Heat or he would be going down as one of the best ever. 8 all star games and an MVP at the age of 30. Definitely no one in the league right now is another Dirk

jollyjava
02-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Dirk is one of the most unique players the NBA has ever seen.

This is the kind of racist trash this site doesn't need.

THE MTL
02-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Danilo Gallinari still has a chance. Dont rule him out.

ramansingh3
02-01-2009, 01:12 AM
Bargnani is probably the closest especially since his recent play as of late.

NJrockPD
02-01-2009, 01:32 AM
I'm pretty sure there will be. We just don't know when.

I agree, there will be probablly not too long from now. Might already be one (bargs)

UD5soul
02-01-2009, 01:57 AM
Every year starting around april some european big man is hailed as "the next dirk". Every year around november we realize that he isn't. And the cycle begins again the next april. Why haven't teams caught onto this? Look at the list: Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Darko Milicic, Andrea Bargnani, Danillo Gallinari, and several lesser known players who were still top 10 picks. This happens every year and yet teams still don't realize it. Why? Is it because of the ridiculous amount of praise that Tim Legler gives them (there all so long and have tremendous upside!)? Is it because they're all desperate after Dirk has torched them for almost 10 years? You'd think that professional GMs would catch onto this, and it's not Isiah making these picks, Donnie Walsh, Brian Colangelo, Joe Dumars and Kiki Vandewegh are all respected executives. Can someone explain this phenomenon to me? And also, will there ever be another Dirk?

FAIL... no there will be plenty of soft ***** euro trash players who can't win the big game... as a matter of fact, we have enought as is.

Spurred1
02-01-2009, 01:59 AM
FAIL... no there will be plenty of soft ***** euro trash players who can't win the big game... as a matter of fact, we have enought as is.

What's enought? Other than that, your post hit the mark. :rolleyes:

JermanJaysFan
02-01-2009, 02:02 AM
This is the kind of racist trash this site doesn't need.

...? Joke?

YankeeFan89
02-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Yi will be the next Dirk IMO

JayW_1023
02-01-2009, 07:42 AM
I think it's really not fair that people call Dirk a choker. In the Finals he had to do everything for that Mavs team, hardly anyone else stepped up. Just because he came up short a few times doesn't mean he is a choker. Plenty of times Dirk has come up clutch as well.

Dirk has led his team deep into the postseason on multiple occasions. If you want a real choker, than look no further than Tracy McGrady. That guy hasn't even been out of the first round yet.

carlo4444
02-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Yi

lol thats a joke right :rolleyes:

carlo4444
02-01-2009, 08:01 AM
I think it's really not fair that people call Dirk a choker. In the Finals he had to do everything for that Mavs team, hardly anyone else stepped up. Just because he came up short a few times doesn't mean he is a choker. Plenty of times Dirk has come up clutch as well.

Dirk has led his team deep into the postseason on multiple occasions. If you want a real choker, than look no further than Tracy McGrady. That guy hasn't even been out of the first round yet.

agreed :clap:

kantarok
02-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Dirk is the most overrated player ever. He has gotten ate by Wade, Golden State in the 1st round and more. He should have never won MVP, its like the league dont understand that he is potentially playing with players that are better than him or close to him in their skill level. Dirk is just unique but he is not great at all

NyYaNkEeS 91
02-01-2009, 10:53 AM
dirk is overrated anyway

Hellcrooner
02-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Bargani is stteping it up now and has similar skills to dirk.

anyway you ar misteriously talking about the bad products as thsikivili and andriuskevicius, forgetting that at the first moment there was some succes drafting big euros with radmanovic, KIrilenko and specially PAU GASOL

Hustla23
02-01-2009, 02:22 PM
This thread is just a huge failure.

JJ81
02-01-2009, 04:09 PM
There will never be another Dirk

Good.

JordansBulls
02-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Dirk is a lesser version of Bird.

hotpotato1092
02-01-2009, 06:23 PM

anyway you ar misteriously talking about the bad products as thsikivili and andriuskevicius, forgetting that at the first moment there was some succes drafting big euros with radmanovic, KIrilenko and specially PAU GASOL

Gasol and Kirilenko aren't like Dirk, Gasol is a more traditional big, he's not taking the ball up and jacking threes. AK47 is more of a Shawn Marion type than a Dirk, he's a do everything guy.

Iodine
02-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Shawn marion cant score though a key part of do everything

Zefflin
02-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Dirk has the most difficult fade-away jumper in the NBA and it is his regular shot. I like Dirk.

Oceanic 815
02-01-2009, 07:03 PM

I agree, Bargnani has definitely stepped it up, but Bargnani isn't rebounding and is taking more then a handful of stupid shots per game. There is only one Dirk.

Iodine
02-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Yi will be the next Dirk IMO

Dirk rapes the living **** out of yi

thedfactor
02-01-2009, 08:53 PM
I knew this was a thread that would lead to criticizing Dirk. I would think maybe people could stick to the topic about no other Euro prospect will turn into what Dirk has become. Does Dirk have any rings or has he lead the Mavs to a title? No, not yet, or maybe never. However we are not suppose to being talking about him and how he hasn't done this or that. How he supposedly fails in the playoffs every year. It's again simply to state there won't and I don't think there will ever be another Euro 7-footer to be a next Dirk Nowitzki. Dirk is one of a kind.

Spurred1
02-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Dirk is the most overrated player ever. He has gotten ate by Wade, Golden State in the 1st round and more. He should have never won MVP, its like the league dont understand that he is potentially playing with players that are better than him or close to him in their skill level. Dirk is just unique but he is not great at all
Just a few corrections and questions:
Dirk is the most overrated player ever. He got eaten by Wade and by Golden State in the first round the following year. (I am not sure what the more refers to. Can you elaborate?). He should have never won MVP, it is like the league doesn't understand that he is potentially playing with players that are better than him or close to him in their skill level. (Please specify which player is better than Dirk. Is it Dampier? Devean George? Is Gerald Green the one that is close to him in skill level? Please clarify.) Dirk is just unique but he is not great at all.

Overall this thread has turned to garbage, as expected. Way to go...

Iodine
02-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Just a few corrections and questions:
Dirk is the most overrated player ever. He got eaten by Wade and by Golden State in the first round the following year. (I am not sure what the more refers to. Can you elaborate?). He should have never won MVP, it is like the league doesn't understand that he is potentially playing with players that are better than him or close to him in their skill level. (Please specify which player is better than Dirk. Is it Dampier? Devean George? Is Gerald Green the one that is close to him in skill level? Please clarify.) Dirk is just unique but he is not great at all.

Overall this thread has turned to garbage, as expected. Way to go...

It's PSD and Dirk, you couldnt honestly expect something good

DocUSN
02-01-2009, 10:08 PM

Same amount as nash :D

young_soldier
02-01-2009, 10:49 PM

I THink bargnani is a lot like Dirk, don't forget, DIrk was labelled soft in his first year, and also was a lot skinnier than he is now, he has gone through a lot to be this good.

Bargnani is a similar build as a rookie dirk, and under the guidance of Jermaine O neal, should only get better and bigger, as he has already implied in the newspapers. His power moves are getting better, his Defense is definitly on par with DIrks and it is just a matter of time before he is a very good player, I wouldn't say he can be better or as good as Dirk, but his recent statistics suggest that he is the closest European drafted player to come close to Dirk.

I guess Toronto did not make such a big mistake after all, in fact Bryan Colangelo does not make many bad decisions, if he picked Bargnani there must have been a reason.

Iodine
02-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I THink bargnani is a lot like Dirk, don't forget, DIrk was labelled soft in his first year, and also was a lot skinnier than he is now, he has gone through a lot to be this good.

Bargnani is a similar build as a rookie dirk, and under the guidance of Jermaine O neal, should only get better and bigger, as he has already implied in the newspapers. His power moves are getting better, his Defense is definitly on par with DIrks and it is just a matter of time before he is a very good player, I wouldn't say he can be better or as good as Dirk, but his recent statistics suggest that he is the closest European drafted player to come close to Dirk.

I guess Toronto did not make such a big mistake after all, in fact Bryan Colangelo does not make many bad decisions, if he picked Bargnani there must have been a reason.
Lmfao

DocUSN
02-01-2009, 11:19 PM

And under the study of Ron Artest I have mastered the art of peaceful protest.

td0tsfinest
02-01-2009, 11:43 PM
You see a lot of players similar to Dirk, the best comparison is obviously Andrea Bargnani. Andrea is a great 3 pt shooter, can drive to the net and has become a decent defender. However, Dirk has the intangibles that a lot of these big foreigners don't bring. Dirk has a swagger, a killer instinct; he shows his emotions, which many players don't do.
Skill wise, you might get these players but its the intangibles that makes Dirk so great.

JayW_1023
02-02-2009, 07:15 AM
Bargnani is still almost strictly a face up player. Dirks post up game is pretty underrated, and Bargnani isn't even close to Dirk on that level. Dirk is also a much more creative ball handler.

Bargnani plays like a three...while Dirk, even though he has unlimited range, is still a legitimate four. Right now, Bargnani is closer to being Toni Kukoc than Dirk Nowitzki.

phoenix_bladen
02-02-2009, 02:29 PM

do you even watch bargnani play ? or are you just making **** up ?

he can't defend ? the guy can block AND defend as a matter of fact his defense and not his offense has been the talk for him this year....

watch him play more before you even talk

maybe you're the 12 year boy...

MAC10TIZZY
02-02-2009, 02:40 PM
It's a tad hypocritical to call somebody "plan stupid"

I think the word you were looking for is plain.

same exact freakin' thing i was thinking.......lol

Mile High Champ
02-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Leave it to some guy living in california or the midwest to tell a raptor fan about the way Bargnani plays.. We only see him every day here... We must be wrong..

prash
02-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Generally speaking in sports I prefer Germans to Italians, but that being said Andrea Bargnani is the 2nd coming of Nowitzki.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm better than Dirk

Mile High Champ
02-02-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm better than Dirk

as am I :D

nyybronxborn
02-02-2009, 03:44 PM

the same ammount as steve nash , and amari

nyybronxborn
02-02-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm better than Dirk

at what making burgers

ziglur
02-02-2009, 03:56 PM
First off im white. Non american white men work their tails off so they can get to the NBA. White players here just as most all white americans are lazy. They make it to the NBA but wont put in the hours to develop. They are satified once they get the big money and dont care if they are really that good. And may I add the way kids are brought up here now they wont listen to advice and generally wont do what they are told. They are crybabies!!

nyybronxborn
02-02-2009, 04:10 PM
^^^^wow as a mixed raced person , i have to say that is one of the most racist comments ive ever heard , you dont know to many white people if you think this way , you need help , please find sum

handbanana55
02-02-2009, 04:16 PM
that can be said for any player American and Euro wasn't it derrick coleman was supposed to the next Barkley and I remember hearing more than one analyst saying Steve Francis was the next Isaiah Thomas. And lets not forget ALL the next Jordans Grant Hill Jerry Stackhouse Richard Minor. Every year in the draft there are guys who are the next this or that.besides it usually takes foreign players a few years to adjust to the nba game (Yao and Dirk) I mean I watched the draft the year Dirk came out and the analysts could not believe Nelson picked him

07MVPPatBurrell
02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
dirk is overrated.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-02-2009, 04:21 PM
at what making burgers

at everything humanly possible.

Hellcrooner
02-02-2009, 05:03 PM
there is a Croatian guy who is 16 playing on the youth schemes of real madrid who is a 7 footer ALREADY and currently plays SG , he is amazing id put my money on him being the next dirk.

b_russ
02-02-2009, 05:31 PM
So i dont get what u mean. Ur just plan STUPID

come on man think before u make a statement

lol

Lakers4ItAll
02-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Dirk is a great offensive player and all but he would be very far down on a list of players I would ever want on my team.

#24 Lakerland
02-02-2009, 05:36 PM
:laugh2:

dolfan720
02-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Dirk blows (no offence)

JayW_1023
02-03-2009, 08:01 AM
^^^^^^

Some of the ignorance that gets spewed in these forums just amazes me. Dirk is legit a Hall of Famer...one of the leagues top players. People always say he is a great shooter for his size...but his all-round game is great. He handles, posts up, rebounds and has great court awareness.

No seven footer can do as many different things on offense as Dirk. Dirk can drive, fade, post up and shoot off the dribble. KG isn't a great post up player. Duncan can't handle the ball as well...neither can Gasol and Yao....nor can any of them shoot off the dribble like a guard.

You better respect Dirk man. His skill set is unique.

Iodine
02-03-2009, 08:38 AM
But he sux in the playoffs duh!!!!!

I mean forget he plays better 90% of the time, THE GREAT ESPN said he sux in the playoffs so he does

chicagowhitesox
02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
there will never be another anybody...

Hellcrooner
02-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Gasol cant handle? go to youtube and writeic , Gasol Magic Johnson.

KnicksorBust
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
^^^^^^

Some of the ignorance that gets spewed in these forums just amazes me. Dirk is legit a Hall of Famer...one of the leagues top players. People always say he is a great shooter for his size...but his all-round game is great. He handles, posts up, rebounds and has great court awareness.

No seven footer can do as many different things on offense as Dirk. Dirk can drive, fade, post up and shoot off the dribble. KG isn't a great post up player. Duncan can't handle the ball as well...neither can Gasol and Yao....nor can any of them shoot off the dribble like a guard.

You better respect Dirk man. His skill set is unique.

Aren't like he, Nash, and Larry Bird the only people to shoot 50-40-90?

JayW_1023
02-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Gasol cant handle? go to youtube and writeic , Gasol Magic Johnson.

Gasol is a better passer than Dirk...but he can't put the ball on the floor nearly as well as Dirk because he isn't as quick. He also can't shoot off the dribble as effectively.

Ballhandling takes both things into account.

Gup
02-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Give Bargs sometime, he'll be at Dirks level in a few years

HOZ THE KNICK
02-03-2009, 02:13 PM
galinari is going to be better than dirk in 3 yrs.

ragee
02-03-2009, 04:45 PM

Woah... Wade ate the Mavs yeah... Because of the refs!!! Plus no one else tried to take the pressure away from Dirk... One man can't do it alone!!! GS? Dude, theircoach was the coach that made Dirk better... He know everything about Dirk especially his weaknesses... Even Lebron James can't do anything if the opposing team has a coach like that and are triple teaming him even if he doesn't have the ball yet... The Mavs choked... If someone stepped up so that GS will atleast get one guy off of Dirk, they could have gotten a chance...

And he should have never won the MVP? the MVP award is for the regular season... His team has an incredible record and unlike Duncan or Amare who have PGs to set up plays for them, he has no one and he relies on himself to create shots for him...

ragee
02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
One of the best assets of Dirk that sets him apart from others is his work ethic... That guy seeks to improve every year... Barg and Galinari are better players than Dirk if you compare their rookie or in Barg's case maybe their first 3 years in the NBA... But for them to be able to be better or be in the same league as the Dirk now, they should put in work like a freakin work horse...

Hellcrooner
02-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Aren't like he, Nash, and Larry Bird the only people to shoot 50-40-90?

Add JOSE CALDERON to that distinguished list of 50/40/90

ragee
02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Add JOSE CALDERON to that distinguished list of 50/40/90

Really? Wow... This guy is really good... A nice steal for Toronto... I hope Rubio can turn out to be like him or even better... Can't wait for that guy to be in the NBA...

Iodine
02-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Really? Wow... This guy is really good... A nice steal for Toronto... I hope Rubio can turn out to be like him or even better... Can't wait for that guy to be in the NBA...

Rubio plays a totally different style

JAZZNC
02-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Everybody keeps talking about what Bargnani has done in the past 20 games. Who the hell cares until he's done it for an entire season. Well, Paul Millsap has averaged a double double for 19 straight games, he's the next Tim Duncan...how ****ing stupid does that sound?? Damn Raptor fans are the most unrealistic bunch of fans I've ever seen. You talk about the talent that Dirk had/has around him, how about Bosh, Calderon, and JO?? Guess those guys are scrubs huh?

sep11ie
02-04-2009, 01:21 PM

I'd say he chokes like a Romo!

JayW_1023
02-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Bargnani reminds me more of Toni Kukoc than Dirk.

ragee
02-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Rubio plays a totally different style

A little bit maybe but both of them are great passers... That's the important thing...

nyybronxborn
02-04-2009, 04:26 PM
at everything humanly possible.

and making burgers , order up