PDA

View Full Version : Are The Atlanta Hawks For Real?

jerseykidd88
11-12-2008, 10:34 AM
They look pretty impressive considering that Josh Smith is out and they look much better than last year. My question for you guys is this just a second round team or do you see them even missing the plaoffs or even making the finals?:confused:

lakers4sho
11-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Making the playoffs, but not making the Finals.

JordansBulls
11-12-2008, 10:50 AM
With Josh Smith out a little they will start to lose some games. They can probably take their division though and give Cleveland a run in the playoffs.

hyp21
11-12-2008, 11:32 AM
We'll get in the playoffs. Possibly second round pending if we can get a seed between 4-6. I really like what we got going.

JJ81
11-12-2008, 12:01 PM
playoffs for sure. Not finals.

ugafan
11-12-2008, 12:04 PM
We are for real, we bet the 6ers, Hornets, and Magic, with Josh Dmith, and beat Toronto, Okc, and Chicago without him.

I predict a 4 or 5 seed, and hopefully we make the 2nd round. Horford has stepped up like crazy with smith out

cubulls
11-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Hawks vs Lakers in the Finals :rolleyes:

yaowowrocket11
11-12-2008, 12:09 PM
I think they are definitely a legitimate contender in the East. They excel on both sides of the court, especially defense this year. They seem to be working great as a team. Bibby and Horford are really stepping up. I'll give them a top 3 seed in the East.

mrblisterdundee
11-12-2008, 12:33 PM
They have an all-star shooting guard as a leader. They have one of the best power forwards in the league. They have one of the best centers in the league. They have a veteran combo guard running the point. Oh yeah, they also have talented depth at every position. I'd say they're for real.

brandt
11-12-2008, 12:46 PM
They've only played 6 games, and only like two of those teams were decent. They will start to taper off once they play better teams. Being in the East though, they have a chance to make the playoffs.

Weezy
11-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Last years playoffs have given them a confidence boost and its showing now. They will give another good run in this yrs pllayoffs

oldenpolynice
11-12-2008, 01:06 PM
The Hawks are coming together well. They have all the right pieces in their starting lineup (especially since Bibby is doing well at the PG spot). But I think having a weak bench will hurt them eventually.

They're a first-round-and-out team unless they get some better players on their bench.

LA_Raiders
11-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Hell yeah, they play great D and their O is getting better...

Hellcrooner
11-12-2008, 02:36 PM
too soon to know, are the Knics and Grizzlies making the Playoffs? to soon to know too, yts just two weeks.

superkegger
11-12-2008, 02:44 PM
They're definetly legit and real. That confidence from last years playoff series is spilling over, and just as importantly, they've figured out how to fit Mike Bibby into the team. That was something they hadn't really done last year, but they've figured it out now. They are a legit playoff team,and while I don't know if they're a legit title contender, I don't think it's too far fetched to say they could knock off Boston or anyone else in the East.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
11-12-2008, 02:52 PM
I think they're the real deal. Joe Johnson is just amazing... He is really on the very becoming a superstar I believe.. it may be a tad late in his career.. but with the experience in last year playoffs.. the dude is just taking off.. He gets better every year... And josh Smith is just one of a kind.... WIth those two along with Harford... The hawks to me are going to be a solid organization for years to come.. Last years playoffs was the start of their Run... I see them becoming one of those teams that u can pencil into the palyoffs very single year for a while to come.. THey have that confidence from last year...that they almost beat the mighty world champs... whiel being unexperienced... Very scary...

As of this season i see them going deep into the palyoffs possibly... I don't think they will get past the celts, cavs, or raps.

L@ker4Life
11-12-2008, 02:54 PM
^^I would love for them to knock of Boston shoot I get a stiffy whenever Boston loses.....Yes, I am a hater and proud of it! :)

tomno00
11-12-2008, 02:56 PM
yes, just look at my sig for the reason

wolf3742
11-12-2008, 03:02 PM
It may be too early to tell but I believe that the Atlanta would be the Hornets of last season surpising everyone and by the end of the season you may see them competing at the top tier...
What really brought them up is their defense. If they keep the D up for the entire season. We will see the Hawks make a nice playoff run

LAKERS 24/7
11-12-2008, 03:28 PM
It may be too early to tell but I believe that the Atlanta would be the Hornets of last season surpising everyone and by the end of the season you may see them competing at the top tier...
What really brought them up is their defense. If they keep the D up for the entire season. We will see the Hawks make a nice playoff run

Exactly what I was thinking. They are this year's hornets. I'm not sure they can sustain this however and be a top 2 team in the conference, but then again that's what everyone said about the hornets too. Either that or theres always a team that starts of good and drops off steeply, aka the clips last year (started 4-0). I guess we'll know by the 15-20 game mark.

sunsalltheway03
11-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Atlanta has a very solid young core. I don't think they are a top 3 seed, but I can see them maybe jumping to 4. They have one playoff experience as a unit under their belts form last season. So, the more experience they get, the better they might do. They definitely have talent. It will be interesting to see how far they can go.

MiamiHeat
11-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Yea they are playing very good right now
they will def. make the playoffs and every night it seems like a new guy
is stepping up Al Horford had a big game against the Bulls yesterday

_Sn1P3r_
11-12-2008, 05:30 PM
They are the top team in the East right now. They're doing really well. They seem for real right now but we'll see how the season progresses.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-12-2008, 05:44 PM
yes they are for real. luckily no josh smith tonight. hes a beast.

they took Boston to 7 games. veteran PG, light out shooter in JJ, a defensive monster in J Smith.

dont wanna see them in the playoffs.

mjt20mik
11-12-2008, 06:10 PM
As of now, the standings in the EC show that they are the real deal.

Hellcrooner
11-12-2008, 06:13 PM
anyway, ilike that team a lot, basically out of remembrances on Nique, Willis, Old Mo Malone, and crap even Rassmussen or Volkov, so i hope they keep it up.

Hawkeye15
11-12-2008, 08:19 PM
I love the way they look, but this is the Hawks. I love Joe Johnson, one of my favorite players, but they need a sustained playoff run before I believe in them. Their defense is awesome right now though. Keep it up guys

ugafan
11-12-2008, 08:20 PM
They've only played 6 games, and only like two of those teams were decent. They will start to taper off once they play better teams. Being in the East though, they have a chance to make the playoffs.

Are you serious?
The Hornets, Raps, 6ers, and Magic?

angelsforever
11-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah they are like the tampa bay rays from baseball and they will lose to the lakers in the finals
go lakers!

Anthony Flores
11-12-2008, 08:46 PM
There a solid squad I see them making a second round exit.

ugafan
11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah the Celts won, but if Smith is healthy, we blow the Celts out of the water no doubt.

Watch out East, the Hawks are better than you!

tomno00
11-12-2008, 11:25 PM
damn man how did pierce make that shot......all well, we played well. A couple of bad calls made against us too.

bostncelts34
11-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Yeah the Celts won, but if Smith is healthy, we blow the Celts out of the water no doubt.

Thats a joke right? Celtics would not have got blown out of the water. You guys got saved by the ref's so many times

1. bibbys little ballerina kick while shooting

2. Pierce blocked the **** out of johnson and got called for a foul.

anyways, besides for your arrogance..ill get to the real topic of this thread..

the hawks looked great tonight, no lie. They have alot more confidence than last year and its not a team i would want to see in the playoffs really. They scare me with their athleticism and tonight, there shooting. They wouldnt miss.

Kaptain Kanada
11-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Dem Hawks is good.

tomno00
11-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Thats a joke right? Celtics would not have got blown out of the water. You guys got saved by the ref's so many times

the hawks looked great tonight, no lie. They have alot more confidence than last year and its not a team i would want to see in the playoffs really. They scare me with their athleticism and tonight, there shooting. They wouldnt miss.

ok put all biases aside, the celts def. got more calls than us... by far.. Im really getting tired of refs trying to decide these games. Cut the ***** shiiit and let the boys play.

bostncelts34
11-12-2008, 11:40 PM
ok put all biases aside, the celts def. got more calls than us... by far.. Im really getting tired of refs trying to decide these games. Cut the ***** shiiit and let the boys play.

lol well, on our local station, they only focus on the bad calls on us. haha

Mr. tommy heinson likes to point them out. lol

but yea, there were way to many ticky tac fouls. i agree, let them play. great game tho. props to ur hawks.

ugafan
11-12-2008, 11:42 PM

WE GOT MORE CALLS!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Al Horford and Solomon Jones each had 5 fouls. Don't even try that. You guys got more calls. And yes, you guys would have got BLOWN out by us if we had Smith.

bostncelts34
11-12-2008, 11:43 PM
WE GOT MORE CALLS!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Al Horford and Solomon Jones each had 5 fouls. Don't even try that. You guys got more calls. And yes, you guys would have got BLOWN out by us if we had Smith.

lol def. would not get blown out, period. i dont care who you had on the court. would not have got blown out. i gave ur hawks props for a good game. stop being a douche.

tomno00
11-12-2008, 11:43 PM
haha yea thats what our annoucers were doing...especially domnique... but anyways that was one hell of a game. maybe looking at the two best teams in the east right there.

tonyd3b54
11-12-2008, 11:44 PM
i thought the refs were horrible in this game but i thought it went both ways... there were several times i looked at calls that shouldve went the hawks way... and i also saw alot that shouldve went the celtics way too...

anyway as a celtics fan i will admit the hawks are for real this year... if they keep playin great D ill look forward to seeing them play the celtics in the east finals

bostncelts34
11-12-2008, 11:47 PM
haha yea thats what our annoucers were doing...especially domnique... but anyways that was one hell of a game. maybe looking at the two best teams in the east right there.

lol well obv there not gonna be like "yea that was a foul on johnson, no doubt" on your station. haha same goes for here.

I like your hawks team alot, to say they are 2nd best team? not sure. Need to see them play deeper into the season, but they are well on their way to becoming a great team. Very young and talented. But i would still put Detroit above them as of now. Mainly because of expierence wise, especially playoffs.

tonyd3b54
11-12-2008, 11:47 PM
uga stop being so biased... really ur smarter than that...

with smith the hawks would not have shot around 60% from 3pt land and u cant possibly sit there and tell me the hawks are goin to do that every time we play you...

anyway great game all around....

THE TRUTH!!! will set you free...

bostncelts34
11-12-2008, 11:49 PM
uga stop being so biased... really ur smarter than that...

with smith the hawks would not have shot around 60% from 3pt land and u cant possibly sit there and tell me the hawks are goin to do that every time we play you...

anyway great game all around....

THE TRUTH!!! will set you free...

thank you. Im surprised we even won that game. Hawks were on fire, u dont win many games when the opposing team shoots 60% from downtown.

JordansBulls
11-12-2008, 11:50 PM

Hawks are good. I wonder how they would do against Cleveland.

tomno00
11-12-2008, 11:51 PM
lol well obv there not gonna be like "yea that was a foul on johnson, no doubt" on your station. haha same goes for here.

I like your hawks team alot, to say they are 2nd best team? not sure. Need to see them play deeper into the season, but they are well on their way to becoming a great team. Very young and talented. But i would still put Detroit above them as of now. Mainly because of expierence wise, especially playoffs.

yea we'll be even better when we get lebron

bostncelts34
11-12-2008, 11:52 PM

lol keeep :smoking:

#1Mavericksfan
11-12-2008, 11:56 PM
I think the Hawks are for real...they look way better than they did last season and Mike Bibby looks great out there also, the Hawks are the real deal if you ask me.

JordansBulls
11-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Why is this about the Celtics vs Hawks? Take that to the game thread.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-13-2008, 12:06 AM
no doubt, for real.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-13-2008, 12:10 AM

wow how is lebron going to play for atlanta, new jersey, new york, dallas, detriot, and cleveland all at the same time? i mean hes good, but damn thats amazing.

KobeIs
11-13-2008, 12:28 AM
It was just a matter of time till the Hawks started to come together. They have a combination of youth and athleticism that helps win games.

I think they are for real. But iono bout championship real. :eyebrow:

Lakers4ItAll
11-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Hawks are doing great I hope they keep it up

KB24PG16
11-13-2008, 02:37 AM
they r for real

Duncan = Donkey
11-13-2008, 03:00 AM
well there definatley not a title contender.

zambo4president
11-13-2008, 03:28 AM
Nice young team, but i don`t see them winning just yet. Playoffs for sure though.

cmoneytakemoney
11-13-2008, 04:22 AM
the only title contendors right now are the hornets,lakers and the celtics.

The Atlanta Hawks are a better team than the Phoenix Suns. It has nothing to do with their records. I've watched the Hawks play a few times this year and, they do everything right. They don't turn the ball over much, they play great defense, they have athletic big men who can run and beat their men down the floor all game, they shoot the long ball great, they have a true floor general in Mike Bibby, and they have Joe Johnson. They are a tough team and they're only going to get better as the season plays out. They gave the Boston Celtics a bigger test in the playoffs than the Lakers did in the finals and, it wasn't because Boston overlooked them either. I watched all 7 of those games and the 3 games the Hawks won they won by outplaying the Celtics. They are for real. They're more real than Cleveland, Detroit, San Antonio, Phoenix, and maybe even New Orleans and, I love the Hornets but I just think the Hawks defense is too good for all those teams. I love it. I'm from Boston but, when I was a kid the Atlanta Hawks were my favorite team because I loved Dominique Wilkins. He is my all time favorite player and, it used to get my Dad so heated that I routed for the Hawks. They haven't had a decent team since then and now they have a great, so if the Celtics don't win I'm routing for Atlanta all the way. It reminds me of my childhood.

Duncan = Donkey
11-13-2008, 05:02 AM
The Atlanta Hawks are a better team than the Phoenix Suns. It has nothing to do with their records. I've watched the Hawks play a few times this year and, they do everything right. They don't turn the ball over much, they play great defense, they have athletic big men who can run and beat their men down the floor all game, they shoot the long ball great, they have a true floor general in Mike Bibby, and they have Joe Johnson. They are a tough team and they're only going to get better as the season plays out. They gave the Boston Celtics a bigger test in the playoffs than the Lakers did in the finals and, it wasn't because Boston overlooked them either. I watched all 7 of those games and the 3 games the Hawks won they won by outplaying the Celtics. They are for real. They're more real than Cleveland, Detroit, San Antonio, Phoenix, and maybe even New Orleans and, I love the Hornets but I just think the Hawks defense is too good for all those teams. I love it. I'm from Boston but, when I was a kid the Atlanta Hawks were my favorite team because I loved Dominique Wilkins. He is my all time favorite player and, it used to get my Dad so heated that I routed for the Hawks. They haven't had a decent team since then and now they have a great, so if the Celtics don't win I'm routing for Atlanta all the way. It reminds me of my childhood.

omg, wtf y is everyone jumping on the hawks bandwagon there have been several games. lets just wait and see what happens during the next 30-40games. yes there a good team playin well but that doesnt make them 'legit'.

CELTICS4LYFE
11-13-2008, 12:15 PM
yes the r for real!!! they learnd alot from us last yr(on d) n r appling it this yr ta win games!!!! i would put them around 4-5 seed right now

Faneik
11-13-2008, 01:48 PM
If they can keep this level of play they're a threat to take the ECF.

They have a good floor leader and good 3-pt shooter in Bibby, a great shooter/scorer in Johnson, and great rebounders, talended bigs in Horford and Smith. They have the all package to win.

JordansBulls
11-13-2008, 01:53 PM
I just wish Josh Smith didn't get hurt.

Ballah0liC1
11-13-2008, 01:56 PM
i think they can win like 48 + games

Lakers4ItAll
11-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Am I the only person who thinks they are missing that 1 thing that could make them a great team?

I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's just experience because most of them are so young.

Ni55anpat
11-14-2008, 12:27 PM
One piece where? They already have the right players at each position

ink
11-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Am I the only person who thinks they are missing that 1 thing that could make them a great team?

I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's just experience because most of them are so young.

Please give your thread ideas more thought. These aren't substantial enough thread ideas and they're cluttering up the NBA forum. It's not enough to start a thread based on "are teams scared of the Lakers" or "is Atlanta missing that 1 thing". Thanks. :D

B2B
11-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Basketball is a game of confidence and right now the Hawks believe in themselves so I say yes they r as long as they believe and play as though they deserve to win everynight like they r presently.

$ NyC $
11-14-2008, 12:43 PM
JJ is playing great ball and so is the whole team. Def. making noise in the playoffs.

Missing56&33
11-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Based on last year and the good early start, plus the way the competed vs the Celtics in Boston the other night, they are for real and will make the playoffs