PDA

View Full Version : My audition tape, tell me what you guys think

zambo4president
11-12-2008, 02:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DMbQf-liAk

The whole cavs parts was a joke because i hate them but tell me what you think.

kobynum2417
11-12-2008, 03:03 AM
wow this kid is ****ing amazing. the cavs or any team need to sign this kid immediately before the euro teams get to him. i mean wow just amazing with the talent these days. 10 for 10 threes and half court shots. just wow. who agrees?

DreamShaker
11-12-2008, 03:11 AM
To be honest I seriously doubt you are gonna get anything but pure sarcasm with this thread....and you are too short to play in the NBA buddy....but more power to ya if you do!!!

SDBearsFan
11-12-2008, 03:13 AM
i think you need a new camera.

zambo4president
11-12-2008, 03:15 AM
To be honest I seriously doubt you are gonna get anything but pure sarcasm with this thread....and you are too short to play in the NBA buddy....but more power to ya if you do!!!

Im actually going for the MLB, but you never know

zambo4president
11-12-2008, 03:15 AM
i think you need a new camera.

My friends cell phone camera is all we had there at the time.

blackjack_119
11-12-2008, 03:34 AM
I think you need to find a release point higher than 5'0" off the ground if you don't want to get rejected every time you put up a shot.

rico
11-12-2008, 03:39 AM
give the kid a break guys.... but yeah be prepared for a lot of sarcasm dude.
you can take just about anyone on the boards here and they can do a tape showing htem hit 10 3's.

theres no in game situation in your shots its just stand and shoot + who knows how many takes it took to hit those yanno?

just look for comments like that.

ARMIN12NBA
11-12-2008, 03:42 AM
Holy Crap! He is nearly as good as Mike James. Nearly...

TMAC94
11-12-2008, 03:43 AM
how tall are you?

zambo4president
11-12-2008, 03:44 AM
how tall are you?

6 foot, just like it says in the video

zambo4president
11-12-2008, 03:45 AM
you can take just about anyone on the boards here and they can do a tape showing htem hit 10 3's.

theres no in game situation in your shots its just stand and shoot + who knows how many takes it took to hit those yanno?

Thanks dude i appreciate it

DreamShaker
11-12-2008, 03:54 AM
Im actually going for the MLB, but you never know

Well I hope everything works out for ya with whatever you do man....and like Rico said....try doing things other than shooting on the video....

zambo4president
11-12-2008, 03:56 AM
Well I hope everything works out for ya with whatever you do man....and like Rico said....try doing things other than shooting on the video....

Thanks man. Maybe i can get another video with some game footage.

FlawlessKB24
11-12-2008, 04:03 AM
your stroke is awful. WNBA worthy actually
idc if it goes in.

you didnt do anything but shoot 3's, anyone could do that

zambo4president
11-12-2008, 04:08 AM
your stroke is awful. WNBA worthy actually
idc if it goes in.

you didnt do anything but shoot 3's, anyone could do that

Shawn Marion and Kevin Martin have awful form and look where they are. Its what im comfortable with and what works

superkegger
11-12-2008, 04:17 AM
You're hitting uncontested college range 3's...

Obviously you weren't up to the YouTube video challenge (http://www.theonion.com/content/video/youtube_contest_challenges_users)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-12-2008, 04:44 AM
This is the NBA not American Idol... you can't just audition.

Faneik
11-12-2008, 08:37 AM
My grandmother would drop 30 in your S.

TMAC94
11-12-2008, 09:12 AM
6 foot, just like it says in the video

oh i muted when i watched coz i was watching tv lol. 6 foot you just look a lil bigger than me and im 5'8 can u jump? i can nearly touch the offical nba rim :) a rim is 10 ft correct?

$ NyC $
11-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Correct. I'm 5"10 and i can dunk on 10 ft honestly. But not consistently and not in a game I can't lie lol.

zambo4president
11-12-2008, 09:51 AM
This is the NBA not American Idol... you can't just audition.

I think i said in the beginning im not really "auditoning" im just kidding

mightymouse407
11-12-2008, 09:53 AM
great editing it may have been more believable if we would have seen you shoot and then run to the next spot we dont know how many times you shot the ball before you made it. and that form is ugly man it looks like you were struggling to get it to the rim. im not trying to put you down but your not even D-league worthy

TMAC94
11-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Correct. I'm 5"10 and i can dunk on 10 ft honestly. But not consistently and not in a game I can't lie lol.

well in my spare time once i put a sticker on my hand lowered my ring and jumped up and taped the backboard, i got 9.5 inches so i could dunk a 9 foot ring and probally grab a 9.5 ring, im only 14 how old are you?

king4day
11-12-2008, 11:10 AM

This is what I was going to post.
I need to see no editing. Just shot after shot after shot. Some nba players will hit 20-30 consecutive shots in warmups.

The video is one dimensional (though I think this may have beena joke and not a real 'tryout' tape, so I'll leave it at that).

xxseven72ducexx
11-12-2008, 11:26 AM
bro, i play horse with a semi-******** kid who gets SSI money every month and he hits those shots...yeaaaaaa...the shots where u can stand there for 10 seconds get set, focus and concetrate like you do...a real nba player or shooter can dribble to wherever and jus spot up...plus you dont even jump when you release bro even earl boykins would stuff the **** out of you

bostncelts34
11-12-2008, 01:07 PM
lol i love how this was probabaly really 40 shots, he justtook the 10 he made and put em together.

nstojic
11-12-2008, 01:19 PM
shot-wise, you're like the matrix without any athleticism

Mile High Champ
11-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Why has this garbage not been closed yet?

BaRRySandAmaN
11-12-2008, 02:36 PM
I think you need to find a release point higher than 5'0" off the ground if you don't want to get rejected every time you put up a shot.
This is exactly what I was going to say.

kobynum2417
11-12-2008, 07:45 PM
idk guys this isnt that bad. get some scouts on this thread

LAKERS 24/7
11-12-2008, 07:52 PM
You're ****ing amazing. The next Cobe Karl

idk guys this isnt that bad. get some scouts on this thread

I'm guessing your either very young or not that great a basketball player either (no offense).

Hawkeye15
11-12-2008, 07:54 PM
no comment

theuuord
11-12-2008, 07:54 PM
lol @ calling ten for ten with cuts in between every shot

PhilOfTheFuture
11-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Man you guys are brutal... At least he had the guts to make a video and put it on here... Listen kid just keep doing what your doing and work on your game and you will be fine. Congrats for having the guts to do this and try not to let people down play you and make you feel like ****..

kobynum2417
11-12-2008, 08:02 PM
You're ****ing amazing. The next Cobe Karl

I'm guessing your either very young or not that great a basketball player either (no offense).

im actually the guy who filmed this. i was just jokin

Joshtd1
11-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Lol.

Anthony Flores
11-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Garunteed I can beat you one on one

zambo4president
11-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Man you guys are brutal... At least he had the guts to make a video and put it on here... Listen kid just keep doing what your doing and work on your game and you will be fine. Congrats for having the guts to do this and try not to let people down play you and make you feel like ****..

Thanks man, that means alot

IndyRealist
11-12-2008, 09:24 PM
You shouldn't be shooting from your chest, it denotes a lack of shoulder/arm strength to shoot regularly above your head, and you'll get a higher percentage with more lift in your legs. You want to release at the top of your jump with as high of a release as possible, right now a 5'0" guy could block your shot. you don't want to be shot-putting the ball if you shoot 3's regularly. Your footwork is good tho, and you have a good arc on your shot.

A few of suggestions.
1) Show yourself hitting some of those 3's playing 5 on 5.
2) Shoot one continuous video. It looks like you edited out a ton of misses. I realize that's probably due to your friend's camera phone, but still.
3) Ignore the haters.

cwilson21
11-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Work on your form to get it above your head so that your shot won't be denied.

tru
11-12-2008, 10:18 PM
great editing it may have been more believable if we would have seen you shoot and then run to the next spot we dont know how many times you shot the ball before you made it. and that form is ugly man it looks like you were struggling to get it to the rim. im not trying to put you down but your not even D-league worthy

exactly.........you edited the tape to only show 10 shots you made, if you really made 10 in a row you would have kept the camera rolling and did them all in one shoot, your a cornball who's begging for attention, and honestly 10 college range uncontested 3's probably wont even get you on a d-2 team plus your vertical is like 3 inches so you should probably just stick to nba 2k9 buddy

theuuord
11-12-2008, 10:25 PM
exactly.........you edited the tape to only show 10 shots you made, if you really made 10 in a row you would have kept the camera rolling and did them all in one shoot, your a cornball who's begging for attention, and honestly 10 college range uncontested 3's probably wont even get you on a d-2 team plus your vertical is like 3 inches so you should probably just stick to nba 2k9 buddy

for what it's worth, i can make ten college uncontested threes over 20-40 shots (depending how lucky I get), at 6'4" and 240, and I start for a very low-level D3-level team that is basically intramural.
I couldn't sniff a D2 team...

I think we underestimate just how good some kids are at basketball.

tru
11-12-2008, 11:01 PM
for what it's worth, i can make ten college uncontested threes over 20-40 shots (depending how lucky I get), at 6'4" and 240, and I start for a very low-level D3-level team that is basically intramural.
I couldn't sniff a D2 team...

I think we underestimate just how good some kids are at basketball.

?????????? what in the hot hell are you talking about????????? you cant sniff a d-2 team cuz your fat, your heavier than alot of nba centers, other than that i have NO idea what in the name of wilt chamberlain your talkin about, please dont quote my posts if your going to be talking chinese

mariotubes
11-12-2008, 11:16 PM
i can do that ****, your forms dirty, goto school and forget ur nba dreams

Kaptain Kanada
11-12-2008, 11:29 PM
You suuuuuuuck!!

theuuord
11-12-2008, 11:43 PM
?????????? what in the hot hell are you talking about????????? you cant sniff a d-2 team cuz your fat, your heavier than alot of nba centers, other than that i have NO idea what in the name of wilt chamberlain your talkin about, please dont quote my posts if your going to be talking chinese

uhhh what are you talking about? most nba centers are about 270-300 pounds, and a lot of that is pure muscle. i'm not fat by any means, but i'm certainly not rock-chiseled.

are you trying to pick a fight for no reason? because i honestly see no point in what you're saying. i'm basically agreeing with you.:eyebrow:
i think your reading comprehension needs work.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
11-13-2008, 12:57 AM
im diggin the HD video

OY!
11-13-2008, 01:06 AM
dude you can't even beat me :smoking:

DwAyNe_WaDe
11-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Dude your jumper is ugly, its worse then Shawn Marions. Also, your jumping like 1 inch off the ground a 5th grade would knock that **** out of the court. Plus your white and that means if you cant dribble up and down the court or pass hella good( Nashty) then your definently not making the NBA.........sorry:)

mjt20mik
11-13-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm 5'8 and I can touch a 9.5.
:)

tru
11-13-2008, 01:56 AM
uhhh what are you talking about? most nba centers are about 270-300 pounds, and a lot of that is pure muscle. i'm not fat by any means, but i'm certainly not rock-chiseled.

are you trying to pick a fight for no reason? because i honestly see no point in what you're saying. i'm basically agreeing with you.:eyebrow:
i think your reading comprehension needs work.

my bad essay, i completely misunderstood what you were sayin, i thought you were trying to make me look dumb, no hard feelings

zambo4president
11-13-2008, 02:12 AM
You suuuuuuuck!!

Atleast im not canadian, thats way worse.

zambo4president
11-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Dude your jumper is ugly, its worse then Shawn Marions. Also, your jumping like 1 inch off the ground a 5th grade would knock that **** out of the court. Plus your white and that means if you cant dribble up and down the court or pass hella good( Nashty) then your definently not making the NBA.........sorry:)

Im not trying to jump as high as i can i was concerned about making the shots

theuuord
11-13-2008, 02:21 AM
my bad essay, i completely misunderstood what you were sayin, i thought you were trying to make me look dumb, no hard feelings

appreciate it. no worries.

tru
11-13-2008, 02:27 AM
Im not trying to jump as high as i can i was concerned about making the shots

ok well then when you shoot in a real game youll be concerned about making the shot so you wont jump as high and mugsy bouges will throw your **** into the nosebleeds..............honestly dude try golf or bowling, hey i heard ping pongs pretty cool, but you my friend are no future anything is basketball..........no wait i lied........you seem like you would make a fine waterboy............I GOT A WOODEN SPOON, DURRRRRR

pacman16
11-13-2008, 03:02 AM
ight, watchin the vid an seein people bash yu i kinda felt kinda bad but after you said "at least im not canadian thats way worse" im glad everyone is,

zambo4president
11-13-2008, 03:02 AM
ok well then when you shoot in a real game youll be concerned about making the shot so you wont jump as high and mugsy bouges will throw your **** into the nosebleeds..............honestly dude try golf or bowling, hey i heard ping pongs pretty cool, but you my friend are no future anything is basketball..........no wait i lied........you seem like you would make a fine waterboy............I GOT A WOODEN SPOON, DURRRRRR

I play baseball, i just did this for kinda a fun thing. Your a real dick though.

zambo4president
11-13-2008, 03:04 AM
ight, watchin the vid an seein people bash yu i kinda felt kinda bad but after you said "at least im not canadian thats way worse" im glad everyone is,

If im gonna get **** on im gonna give it back, and i dont hate or discriminate canadians im kidding

Lebron23
11-13-2008, 03:05 AM
How old are you? I think you can play in some of the minor Leagues in the Middle Easts or Australia.

zambo4president
11-13-2008, 03:06 AM
how old are you? I think you can play in some of the minor leagues in the middle easts or australia.

pacman16
11-13-2008, 03:07 AM
how are you kidding? yu just said yur gunna give it back to the people bashing yu man, so clearly meant it if yur tryin to rip the guy up

LAKERS 24/7
11-13-2008, 05:38 PM
You obviously put this video up because you thought it was impressive, and I'm just being real, you have a lot to learn about the game of basketball. To be good takes a lot of hard work in multiple facets of the game, not just one.

kswissdaf
11-13-2008, 05:59 PM
some of u guys are huge **** make fun of a kid when u r all fat 30 year old virgins and have noting else to do then make fun of ppl

Raptors27
11-13-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm 5'8 and I can touch a 9.5.
:)

I'm 5'10 and i can dunk on a regulation size hoop (10 feet), can't dunk in games tho, just when im messing around or at practice. :p

fhatmanz
11-13-2008, 06:35 PM
You guys are picking on a 16 year old kid who for the most part I am sure he was kidding (you noticed he said the CAVS thing was a joke)

Give him a break... PSD is getting ridiculously with the lack of sense of humor... everyone is so uptight about stuff...

Who cares how is form is? Why is yours any better? As long as it works.. Nobody cares about Shawn Marion's form...

However with that being said.... I thought you were going to like dunk from the free throw line or sumthing... but try recording on a better camera and try something a bit more creative....

good luck :cool:

tru
11-13-2008, 08:13 PM
some of u guys are huge **** make fun of a kid when u r all fat 30 year old virgins and have noting else to do then make fun of ppl

LMAO............you must be a fat 30 year old virgin LMAO but sorry fatboy im 6'3'' 195 with mvp awards and trophys all over my room, and id bet you every dollar in my bank account i seen more chicks at 17 then you will for the rest of your life............sorry things didnt work out for you

{}
11-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Atleast im not canadian, thats way worse.

:laugh: Funny but a low blow!

tru
11-13-2008, 08:17 PM
I play baseball, i just did this for kinda a fun thing. Your a real dick though.

LMAO at your lyin ***, you said it was an audition tape and you wouldnt have took the time to make it and post it if you were just was just for "fun", nice try little man and im not a dick, im a realest

zambo4president
11-14-2008, 12:07 AM
LMAO at your lyin ***, you said it was an audition tape and you wouldnt have took the time to make it and post it if you were just was just for "fun", nice try little man and im not a dick, im a realest

Okay yes you are a dick because i even said its a joke and you are still attacking me, just so you know you may think you sound like the **** behind the keyboard but its really you thats a little man whos insecure about himself because i atleast took the criticism and put the video up.

fhatmanz
11-14-2008, 12:30 AM
LMAO............you must be a fat 30 year old virgin LMAO but sorry fatboy im 6'3'' 195 with mvp awards and trophys all over my room, and id bet you every dollar in my bank account i seen more chicks at 17 then you will for the rest of your life............sorry things didnt work out for you

studies show the people who brag the most are the insecure ones...i don't need to sit here and list what i'm about.. thats just lame..