PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or...

Spurred1
11-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Does anyone else think that Dirk Nowitzki should be traded to another team? I am asking this because I get the impression that he does not want to be the main option and would be better off as a second option behind a star-LeBron,Kobe, Wade, Duncan, etc. He sort of became the leader only after Finley/Nash left-something he may not have wanted.
So which teams could use him?

JordansBulls
11-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Does anyone else think that Dirk Nowitzki should be traded to another team? I am asking this because I get the impression that he does not want to be the main option and would be better off as a second option behind a star-LeBron,Kobe, Wade, Duncan, etc. He sort of became the leader only after Finley/Nash left-something he may not have wanted.

I understand what you mean, however Dirk's best player on the team after him for the past 3-4 years has been Josh Howard. While Josh is good, he is no better than Mo Williams on Cleveland or any other 2nd star a team has.
If it was Dirk and someone like T-mac together they would excel IMO.

But if you don't want Dirk, I'm sure the Bulls would take him.

Hellcrooner
11-12-2008, 01:36 AM
any team in the league could use him as second or first option.

He should go to The Knicks, he could do very will with anthony.

Dallas must rebuild could really use Marburys expiring and make knikcs eat dampiers contract.

Spurred1
11-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Dirk would probably be fine on the Bulls as long as Rose or someone else would be the main guy.

Spurred1
11-12-2008, 01:41 AM
any team in the league could use him as second or first option.

He should go to The Knicks, he could do very will with anthony.

Dallas must rebuild could really use Marburys expiring and make knikcs eat dampiers contract.
But he may not want to be the first option, hence the thread.

Joshtd1
I would love him on the Spurs. Would trade anyone not named TD for him..him and Dirk would be a sick combo of inside and out.

JordansBulls
Dirk would probably be fine on the Bulls as long as Rose or someone else would be the main guy.

Dirk is fine as the #1 man because he is efficient enough. He needs someone else to be the go to man though and someone as good as he is. That is why someone like Pierce or T-mac would be the best for him.

Spurred1
11-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Keep Manu and TP as well, Josh...

Hellcrooner
11-12-2008, 01:44 AM
he i didnt want to say it....but as he CAN play the three..... How bout Farmar + Odoms xpiring .......

Fisher,kobe,dirk,pau,bynum...Holy crap!!!!

ee
11-12-2008, 01:54 AM

trading nowitzki would mean rebuilding for the mavs.......there goes Kidd, Terry....Howard might be safe but with the West being so tough, they either add another big time talent or just go ahead and start over......

DreamShaker
11-12-2008, 02:06 AM
he i didnt want to say it....but as he CAN play the three..... How bout Farmar + Odoms xpiring .......

Fisher,kobe,dirk,pau,bynum...Holy crap!!!!

Lakers are only allowed one terribly lopsideed trade a decade:p

I'm sure the Mavs would demand Bynum and would gladly give yall Damp in return....

Hellcrooner
11-12-2008, 02:09 AM
^i personally would dump bynum for Dirk any day of the week, Pau can play center.

DreamShaker
11-12-2008, 02:10 AM
BTW the Spurs with Duncan would be a good fit for Dirk....

DreamShaker
11-12-2008, 02:10 AM
^i personally would dump bynum for Dirk any day of the week, Pau can play center.

I would too if I was the Lakers....

Hellcrooner
11-12-2008, 02:14 AM
yeah but you know 99% of lakers fans are hooked on the hype....

nik.jd.aitken
11-12-2008, 02:19 AM
I would love him on the Spurs. Would trade anyone not named TD for him..him and Dirk would be a sick combo of inside and out.

I'd be a Spurs fan the minute the Mavs were eliminated from the playoffs if this happened.

JordansBulls
11-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Deng, Tyrus, Noah, Hughes and Hinrich for Dirk, Josh Howard and Dampier

Mavs
PG Terry/Kidd
SG Green/Hinrich
SF Deng//Wright
PF Bass/Tyrus
C Diop/Noah

Bulls lineup
PG Rose/Hughes
SG Gordon/Thabo
SF Howard/Nocioni
PF Dirk/Gooden
C Dampier/Gray

($39 million in and $38 million out)

JJ81
11-12-2008, 12:01 PM
I agree. Like Pau Gasol. They're great being the #1 but they wont win championships

ink
11-12-2008, 04:16 PM
bump

#1Mavericksfan
11-12-2008, 09:49 PM

why don't you make any threads about your team the Spurs?...It's always the Mavs you wonna bash just like everybody esle...talk about your team who is not doing anything right now but yet you wonna bash the Mavericks.