PDA

View Full Version : PSD All-Star Voting - Eastern Conference PG

mrblisterdundee
11-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Everybody knows NBA All-Star voting is a popularity contest, just like the presidential election. I am starting a mock All-Star election for contirbutors of PSD to choose the starters. Even though most people on this site are totally biased, they are a little bit more informed than many of the people voting for the All-Stars. Think of yourselves as a special sample audience.
I know that in real All-Star voting, people vote for two guards and forwards from the east and west, but here we will vote by position to make sure everyone gets one vote per player. I will compile the results after 2 days, because that is the length of my patience, and any serious contributor should be able to manage within that time frame.
In this thread we will be voting for a point guard from the eastern conference. We will vote for other positions in other threads.

DreamShaker
11-12-2008, 02:21 AM
Toss up between Marbury and Arenas.

innovator
11-12-2008, 04:34 AM
IVERSON, and why are you guys voting for rose??? iverson is still way better than rose

Tulanehockey
11-12-2008, 04:44 AM
Because Rose has thus far outperformed his expectations and is already the best player on the Bulls. Iverson has only made a good Detroit team sad and losers.

Lakersfan2483
11-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Everybody knows NBA All-Star voting is a popularity contest, just like the presidential election. I am starting a mock All-Star election for contirbutors of PSD to choose the starters. Even though most people on this site are totally biased, they are a little bit more informed than many of the people voting for the All-Stars. Think of yourselves as a special sample audience.
I know that in real All-Star voting, people vote for two guards and forwards from the east and west, but here we will vote by position to make sure everyone gets one vote per player. I will compile the results after 2 days, because that is the length of my patience, and any serious contributor should be able to manage within that time frame.
In this thread we will be voting for a point guard from the eastern conference. We will vote for other positions in other threads.

A little early for all star voting, but I will cast an early vote. For me, it's a toss up between Derrick Rose and Allen Iverson. I will give Iverson the nod for now.

Faneik
11-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Iverson is the best player overall.

Considering the skills I want in a true PG I'd go with Calderon.

michaellui11
11-12-2008, 08:43 AM
it's gonna be AI and Rose/Calderon
Rose is very impressive now so i'll go for rose for now

NYKnickFanatic
11-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Toss up between Marbury and Arenas.

Lol, right?
Two guys who havent played yet are on there.
And I dont think Ridnour has played either.

JordansBulls
11-12-2008, 09:42 AM
The Allstar game votes for 2 guards, not necessarily a PG and SG.

torontosports10
11-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Come back in Janurary when there have been more then 7 games played

pebloemer
11-12-2008, 09:47 AM

I always have respect for people who put themselves out there and commit to doing things like this. Hopefully there isn't too many arguments about "who plays SG actually (for example)" or about the format of the voting.

$ NyC $
11-12-2008, 09:51 AM
thing is, i counted AI as a SG so i voted 4 Jose.

Macedonian
11-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Still no votes for Andre Miller and Rajon Rondo???:)

BullsNumber1Fan
11-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Derrick Rose is going to take this one as time goes by. The kid is just impressive!:D

AgentViet
11-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Calderon gets my vote but Agent Zero or AI will probably get the spot.

A-TrainDopeMan
11-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Yayyy, another NBA thread that should only be relevant after another 2 months...yaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
11-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Personally, I know for a fact that when I watch the all start game, I love seeing the superstars on the floor. And there's only one superstar on that list. And thats AI.

Now his play speak for itself. the pistons maybe struggling a little right now but I see them going on a run and being on the better teams in the east. Ai's play will be solid. We all know hes going to get his 24-28 ppg... and his high assist and steals... He def will deserve to be an all star in the east..

It is fun to look at all these other players to see how the east is really going through this youth movement and we will see some new faces in the future with kidd, and billups gone. Calderon and Rose are both having great years. Right now calderon plays on the better team and plays more to the attributes of a natural Pg so i might have to give him the edge.. That nothing against Rose.. Hes been nothing but great.. He will get his many all star bids in the future...

Also don't sleep on devin harris... Hes not playing as well as Calderon or rose.. but after he gets back from injury.. and after that monster game he had on AI.. i expect him to pick it up and be in running when the time comes.

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-12-2008, 04:12 PM
AI is the starting Pg for Detroit so I am going with him at the 1 spot, Wade at 2, Lebron at 3, Bosh at 4, and superman at 5.

_Sn1P3r_
11-12-2008, 05:28 PM
I say AI and Calderon backing him up.

Hawkeye15
11-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Marbury or Arenas. No doubt

AFlagRules
11-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Jose Calderon obviously. No better playmaker in the east.period.

IBleedPurple
11-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Why is AI in the point guard category? He doesn't play PG.

I go Andre Miller

oshea225
11-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Why is AI in the point guard category? He doesn't play PG.

I go Andre Miller

he does for detroit. he starts at pg, and rip starts at sg.

i voted derrick rose. i dont care that hes a rookie, hes been the most impressive so far in my opinion, and im sure he will continue to improve by the time all star weekend comes around

KobeIs
11-13-2008, 12:02 AM
If anything, it's gonna be AI or it SHOULD be Calderon.

DreamShaker
11-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Lol, right?
Two guys who havent played yet are on there.
And I dont think Ridnour has played either.

I just find it utterly ridiculous they are on the actual All-Star ballot....Ridnour has played but I don't get why he's starting over Sessions....

WSbluejays
11-13-2008, 12:32 AM
i think ai will start at pg and the coaches will pick calderon as a backup

TheFuture6
11-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Iverson by a longshot.

DwAyNe_WaDe
11-13-2008, 12:35 AM
IVERSON, and why are you guys voting for rose??? iverson is still way better than rose

Its because half of people on the Basketball forums are Bulls fans, but you can make an argument for him to be in the All-Star game.

_Supreme_
11-13-2008, 12:42 AM
There are no PG on the All Star ballot, only G.

Wade and AI are basically locks for those starting spots.

_Supreme_
11-13-2008, 12:46 AM
AI is the starting Pg for Detroit so I am going with him at the 1 spot, Wade at 2, Lebron at 3, Bosh at 4, and superman at 5.

KG got the most votes out of everybody last year so you can expect him to be the second starting F again for sure.

Too bad for Bosh, but he will definitely still make the team the way he is playing.