PDA

View Full Version : Dallas loses again, but is something building up?

TMAC94
11-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Mavericks played well all game until the last qauter but they had some positive points, there starting 5 all were in double figures and one main point gerald green, he scored 17 points and grabbed 6 boards, is josh howard being injuried a blessing for gerald? can he live up too his potential?

Zefflin
11-12-2008, 12:10 AM
The only thing building up is their collective ages and my pizza sub from earlier.

#1Mavericksfan
11-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Let the Mavericks bashing start now!!!!...and the Lakers fans can't say anything because the Mavs were the only team so far to almost beat them but knowing how this froum is there gonna bash them anyway.

SOAD
11-12-2008, 12:20 AM
The Lakers beat the Mavs in their own house playing their D- game overlooking them for the Hornets game tomorrow. The Mavs played about as well as they could play and still lost by 7.

Spurred1
11-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Well, Gerald has turned out to be a nice surprise, but I'm not sure anything's building up.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Let the Mavericks bashing start now!!!!...and the Lakers fan can't say anything because the Mavs were the only team so far almost beat them but knowing how this froum is there gonna bash them anyway.

There is no need to bash the Mavs. They played well. They were whooping up on the Lakers. There is one thing that seperates the Lakers right now though. Its their depth. Players are fresh all game long. Thats not the Mavs fault. Dirk didnt have the game he usually does. No shame in losing to a team that has not lost all season and had beaten teams by 22 points per game. The Mavs will be fine. Too much talent not to be

Zefflin
11-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Too much talent not to be

Tell that to the Knicks...

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Well, Gerald has turned out to be a nice surprise, but I'm not sure anything's building up.

I wanted the Lakers to give that kid a shot. I figured with his athleticism, he would be perfect under Kobe. He just had to mature a little. Looks like he has done that.

Lakersfan2483
11-12-2008, 12:26 AM
There is no need to bash the Mavs. They played well. They were whooping up on the Lakers. There is one thing that seperates the Lakers right now though. Its their depth. Players are fresh all game long. Thats not the Mavs fault. Dirk didnt have the game he usually does. No shame in losing to a team that has not lost all season and had beaten teams by 22 points per game. The Mavs will be fine. Too much talent not to be

Good post.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Tell that to the Knicks...

They are different. They had some players with talent but also some questionable attitudes. The Mavs dont have that problem. The Knicks have been playing pretty good ball this year though. They just needed some better guidance.

Zefflin
11-12-2008, 12:30 AM
The Knicks have been playing pretty good ball this year though. They just needed some better guidance.

True, and they got the ladder as well.

JJ_JKidd
11-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Its the Lakers anyway :smoking:

Lincecum55
11-12-2008, 12:34 AM
The only thing building up are our Loses and Gerald Green's stats ;)

For real though, I was happy to know we signed him, I even wrote an email to Stephen A. Smith, asking him would Gerald Green be a sleeper LOL

Spurred1
11-12-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm surprised the game was as close as it was, to be honest. From what I've read, Dirk did not do well, but most of the other players did. Would Howard have made the difference here-don't know.
Anyway, Green SHOULD be a keeper for the Mavs.

lakers4sho
11-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Carlisle's mistake was putting Nowitzki on Gasol during the closing minutes...he should've put him on Bynum instead knowing that Bynum most likely won't score and Dampier is good enough to handle Gasol...

LAKERS 24/7
11-12-2008, 12:51 AM
They got the best of us through 3 quarters, our defense looked horrible. Somehow we dug in deep to find the energy to lockdown and take care of buisness in the 4th. Oh and Kobe had a few clutch baskets :D.

JordansBulls
11-12-2008, 12:56 AM
I actually think it would be better to start Green at SG with Howard at SF.

TMAC94
11-12-2008, 12:58 AM
I actually think it would be better to start Green at SG with Howard at SF.

they probally will do that once howard comes back, then terry will come off the bench.

LAKERS 24/7
11-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Why wasn't J Howard playing anyway?

EddieB
11-12-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm surprise on how good Dallas defense has improved, it's alot better than last year, even though they are losing

JordansBulls
11-12-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm surprise on how good Dallas defense has improved, it's alot better than last year, even though they are losing

Rick Carlisle. That is his specialty.

Lincecum55
11-12-2008, 01:12 AM
I think Terry should start at PG and let Kidd come off the bench

Spurred1
11-12-2008, 01:19 AM
Why wasn't J Howard playing anyway?
wrist injury

avsman05
11-12-2008, 01:25 AM
Let the Mavericks bashing start now!!!!...and the Lakers fans can't say anything because the Mavs were the only team so far to almost beat them but knowing how this froum is there gonna bash them anyway.

Nuggets were also up on the Lakers and lost by 7 so make that 2 teams.

Statik1
11-12-2008, 03:22 AM

No bashing needed....

"almost"

horry1ur
11-12-2008, 03:39 AM

Almost doesnt count in sports.

#1Mavericksfan
11-12-2008, 03:56 AM
Almost doesnt count in sports.

Man please! the Mavericks were taking it to the Lakers the entire game In case you forgot, I can't wait untill the rematch in L.A. it's gonna be good.

Wilson
11-12-2008, 09:26 AM
They got the best of us through 3 quarters, our defense looked horrible. Somehow we dug in deep to find the energy to lockdown and take care of buisness in the 4th. Oh and Kobe had a few clutch baskets :D.

Don't forget about Trevor Ariza...Pau had another big game too.

About the Mavs, I can't see why they won't have a good year. It's till early days, and you would think that Kidd, Dirk and Howard could easily put up a lot of points, with Terry stretching the floor and Gerald Green and Stackhouse coming off the bench.

There's some frustration there, but every team has rough stretches during a season, and they showed some fight last night (Dampier had 12 offensive rebounds! :speechless: :mad: :pity:)

lynchgagne
11-12-2008, 09:48 AM
whats the point of this thread....ALMOST is as good as not happening at all.. who cares u played great but u lost.. move on

Fool
11-12-2008, 11:34 AM

key word.

the houston game was pretty close. But I don't like to bash teams, unless their fans start bashing first. Which is unfortunately common here.

JJ81
11-12-2008, 12:00 PM
The only thing building up is their collective ages

yep

fredv
11-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Who would of thought Green would become a starter. I hope he becomes good then comes back to his home in HtOWN!

mrblisterdundee
11-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Nothing is building up. It's all in your head, so find another team to root for. The Dallas Maverericks will not go anywhere special.

Flash812
11-12-2008, 02:16 PM
The steam in Mark Cuban's head is the only thing that might be building up.

L@ker4Life
11-12-2008, 02:50 PM
The Mavs played great last night. What happened is the same thing that always happens in sports when your losing. They lost the lead and panicked because they had the lead all game and they havent been winning as of late. Dirk chocked in the fourth, either that or he ran out of gas. If howard was back they may have won. I deffinately dont think the Mavs will be cellar dwellars this season. They are just getting used to a new philosophy on both O and D. It was a great game and I was nervous throughout.

legendkillerv2
11-12-2008, 03:02 PM
You guys are stupid, they didn't even have Josh howard, if he was there they could of maybe, probably not be the Lakers.

L@ker4Life
11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
^^Huh??

You cant say "you guys are stupid" when there are several different opinnions in this thread. Specify who you are calling stupid and why. Also, try and make sense because I dont know wth you are talking about at the end of your comment.

Gibby23
11-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Is something building up in Sacramento because they almost beat the Pistons? Is something building up with the Pacers because they beat Boston? I don't think so, Dallas is going to be a 7th or 8th seed at best, if the Spurs get healthy and Oden is back for good, Dallas might not even make the playoffs.