PDA

View Full Version : Is it fair?

DCB/LAL
11-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Alright people always say kobe only won 3 rings because he had shaq and some people even claim Kobe is overrated! Now i have one question for the people who say this about kobe...how many rings did shaq win before he had Kobe?? umm NONE!! Dont get me wrong shaq is one of the best if not the best center to play the game but here's my question wouldn't it make more sense to say that shaq won those rings because he had Kobe and Wade?? Would he of won without them? Is it fair that shaq gets the credit?

Thoughts??

AZ9ERFAN
11-11-2008, 10:07 PM
he would still have gotten some rings without kobe three i dont know but kobe needed shaq more that shaq needed kobe

MGB
11-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Alright people always say kobe only won 3 rings because he had shaq and some people even claim Kobe is overrated! Now i have one question for the people who say this about kobe...how many rings did shaq win before he had Kobe?? umm NONE!! Dont get me wrong shaq is one of the best if not the best center to play the game but here's my question wouldn't it make more sense to say that shaq won those rings because he had Kobe and Wade?? Would he of won without them? Is it fair that shaq gets the credit?

Thoughts??

Shaq doesn't get all the credit, but he was the more important player on those title teams, just like Jordan was more important than Pippen on the Bulls' 6 title teams. Pippen was still a top 50 player all time player, he just wasn't the best player on his team. Kobe is the same way... Guards also don't win titles, Centers do, that's been shown ad nauseum on here, so I won't go into it.

No one's calling Kobe a bad player, he just won't be way up there with the top few players of all time until he wins at least one title as the best player on his team.

Hawkeye15
11-11-2008, 10:11 PM
another thread to make people hate each other. Can someone close this??