PDA

View Full Version : Kings still after Turkoglu?

RocketsRule
11-11-2008, 07:20 PM
It wouldn't surprise the Magic to hear from the Sacramento Kings at the February trade deadline. They apparently have been a fairly constant suitor for former King Hedo Turkoglu the past few years.

Magic General Manager Otis Smith said the Kings have been interested in reacquiring Turkoglu "ever since he left" Sacramento after it dealt him to San Antonio in 2003. The Kings drafted Turkoglu in the first round in 2000, making him the first Turkish-born player to reach the NBA.

Smith said the Kings have been in touch with Orlando since the Magic signed him as a free agent in 2004. He said it has been a while since the Kings made some offers for Turkoglu, and added, laughing, "They wanted to give us their trash."

Turkoglu can become a free agent this summer by utilizing an option in his six-year $36 million contract.

Source:Orlando Sentinel (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-mnotes1108nov11,0,4363281.story)

DerekRE_3
11-11-2008, 07:29 PM
I'd offer Miller and filler for him (I didn't mean to rhyme, I can't help I'm a poet).

Nelson, Pietrus, Lewis, Dwight, Miller is pretty good.

Catfish1314
11-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Or Nelson/Pietrus/Lewis/Miller/Dwight.

I read this earlier. I'd give up something around Salmons/Miller and a draft pick or something. I'd love to have Hedo back but he's in his late 20s, so I'm not sure how he fits in with Martin, Udrih, Garcia, Greene, Thompson, Hawes, and a future lottery pick.

Agent008
11-11-2008, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't give up Miller for Hedo. I like Hedo, but our team is way better with Miller. Plus, Miller is a good mentor for Hawes.

I would trade Salmons and the 1st round pick that we got from Houston.

Catfish1314
11-11-2008, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't give up Miller for Hedo. I like Hedo, but our team is way better with Miller. Plus, Miller is a good mentor for Hawes.

I would trade Salmons and the 1st round pick that we got from Houston.

Hedo is a good playmaker himself. I think he led the Magic in assists last season. He's also a great shooter and he's clutch (was 3rd in 4th quarter points last year).

Miller makes the offense work far better but let's face it, he won't be around forever. If we could strike a deal for a younger, better player like Hedo, I'd go for it.

jmtapia
11-12-2008, 01:00 AM
i wouldnt give up Salmon for Hedo....Salmon is a leader in this young team. I would trade Miller to clear up some cap space.