PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency

futureheisman
11-11-2008, 05:35 PM
I think the Patriots need to work on somethings in free Agency and in the Draft here are the areas I think they need to work and possible solutions

1. secondary- Ellis Hobbs and Deltha O'Neal starting as your starting corners is not going to cut it for a long perios of time. Brandon Merriweather and James Sanders as your Safties are very very solid and look like Merriweather is blossoming. One guy out there who could really help Nnamdi Asomugha is the best corner in the league right now and help the pats tredmously. Thats a guy to watch out for.

2. Running Back- Brandon Jacobs and Steven Jackson are two of the bigger names out there. i would love to see them sign Brandon Jacobs It would make this offense near unstoppable.

3.Linebacker- with Brushi likely to retire they will need to fill that spot. you got three starter next year Mayo Thomas and Vrabel. You need one more starter. There are the names of Terell Suggs and Ray Lewis out there. I think signing a guy like Channing Crowder would do great for this Defense.

What do you guys think we should in FA this upcoming offseason

griff141
11-12-2008, 12:27 PM
I think the Patriots need to work on somethings in free Agency and in the Draft here are the areas I think they need to work and possible solutions

1. secondary- Ellis Hobbs and Deltha O'Neal starting as your starting corners is not going to cut it for a long perios of time. Brandon Merriweather and James Sanders as your Safties are very very solid and look like Merriweather is blossoming. One guy out there who could really help Nnamdi Asomugha is the best corner in the league right now and help the pats tredmously. Thats a guy to watch out for.

2. Running Back- Brandon Jacobs and Steven Jackson are two of the bigger names out there. i would love to see them sign Brandon Jacobs It would make this offense near unstoppable.

3.Linebacker- with Brushi likely to retire they will need to fill that spot. you got three starter next year Mayo Thomas and Vrabel. You need one more starter. There are the names of Terell Suggs and Ray Lewis out there. I think signing a guy like Channing Crowder would do great for this Defense.

What do you guys think we should in FA this upcoming offseason

Asomugha can be ruled out because Oakland plans on franchising him again, plus he will command a huge salary in which BB will not pay because he doesn't pay big money to CB's. Chances are Ray Lewis will be locked up with Baltimore for the rest of his career so I don't think you'd see him here. I think we should focus our attention this offseason on the draft to fill these positions. Our secondary needs help at safety rather than CB. Behind Meriweather and Sanders, there is no quality depth. Our young rookie CB's will develop and become good.

ben_watson_84
11-12-2008, 05:47 PM
-The raiders are gonna tagged Asomugha.
-Jacobs and Wilfork hate each other, the giants will definately re-sign him. Steven Jackson just signed a 5 year extension before the Regular Season, don't u recall his lengthy holdout?
-We have a franchise runningback in Laurence Maroney, if he is a "bust" then we have BJGE to step in, or Belichick will draft one in the late rounds.
-Belichick won't break the bank for many and I don't think Crowder or Suggs will hit the market, Ray Lewis is too old.
-Belichick rarely gets big market names. We didn't really add anyone big last year, the biggest name was probably Fernando Bryant, and he didn't make the team.
Belichick tries to get smart cheap players, who can play the system and build through the draft, so I wouldn't expect any big names, the 2006 offseason was the only one in which Belichick went crazy attempting to get big name guys.
- We needed CBs this year, Belichick went out and signed Jason Webster, Lewis Sanders, Fernando Bryant. People thought he'd get someone like Lito Sheppard, no.
-Maybe some decent signing but I don't see Bill breaking the bank.

ben_watson_84
11-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Other Defensive Backs
Tyron Brackenridge, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Mike Brown, UFA, Chicago Bears
Phillip Buchanon, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jabari Greer, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Rodney Harrison, UFA, New England Patriots
Kelvin Hayden, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Renaldo Hill, UFA, Miami Dolphins
Daven Holly, UFA, Cleveland Browns
John Lynch, UFA,
Bryant McFadden, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
R.W. McQuarters, UFA, New York Giants
Justin Miller, UFA,
Lawyer Milloy, UFA, Atlanta Falcons
Deltha O'Neal, UFA, New England Patriots
Jarrad Page, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Allen Rossum, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Darren Sharper, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
Dunta Robinson, UFA, Houston Texans
Dawan Landry, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Chris Gamble, UFA, Carolina Panthers
Brian Dawkins, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
Nnamdi Asomugha, UFA, Oakland Raiders

I could see Belichick signing McQuarters, Miller, Brackenridge, and maybe Robinson. Possibly Holly and Hill. Others are simply too old or asking for too much money.

I see Hobbs and Wheatley starting at CB in 2009. If not Hobbs and a FA.

At Saftey Belchick may choose to draft one. But it will be Sanders and Meriweather.

ben_watson_84
11-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Jordan Beck, UFA
Monty Beisel, UFA
Angelo Crowell, UFA
Channing Crowder, UFA
James Farrior, UFA
Tyjuan Hagler, UFA
Willie McGinest, UFA
Carlos Polk, UFA
Sam Williams, UFA
Jonathan Vilma, UFA
Bart Scott, UFA
Mike Peterson, UFA
Ray Lewis, UFA
Karlos Dansby, UFA
Eric Barton, UFA

I could see Belichick signing Hagler, Beck, Polk or Williams, but he won't break the bank. I could see Guyton at MLB with Mayo next year actually.

ben_watson_84
11-12-2008, 05:59 PM
**Note: I don't know if any of them have been re-signed they were taken off a website which hasnt been updated recently.

bosox1899
11-12-2008, 06:31 PM
**Note: I don't know if any of them have been re-signed they were taken off a website which hasnt been updated recently.

dont you need to put the link then? Isn't that copyrighted material you just took from the website?

The Intimidator
11-12-2008, 06:51 PM
dont you need to put the link then? Isn't that copyrighted material you just took from the website?

Yeah, I think it is.

penuch
11-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I think it is.

No its not Copyright material is someone ideas or thoughts/opinions that is just general public knowledge not anyone's intellectual property.

ben_watson_84
11-12-2008, 10:16 PM
No its not Copyright material is someone ideas or thoughts/opinions that is just general public knowledge not anyone's intellectual property.

Thank you. Your right, but if they have the link here it is: http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Ewagner
11-13-2008, 12:18 PM
The one guy that interest me is Justin Miller who was just released by the jets. he got a lot of run with the jets when he wasn't hurt. he is a quick corner which the pats seem to favor.

The Intimidator
11-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Miller was claimed by Oakland...

futureheisman
11-14-2008, 05:07 PM
we couldnt we claim a guy like that He is better then what we have out there

The Intimidator
11-14-2008, 05:59 PM
we couldnt we claim a guy like that He is better then what we have out there

Why don't you ever do research before you post? Justin Miller is in NO way better than what we have out there. In 35 career games, Miller has 0 interceptions and only 8 passes defended. He's been a good return man, but he doesn't help in the secondary. He has also only played 3 games over the last two seasons. We already have an issue with injured corners, we don't need more.

CheeseOnMyHead
11-14-2008, 06:26 PM
One free agent to consider: Chris Snee on the Giants. He's one of the best at creating holes of any offensive lineman. While most of the offensive line is great at pass protecting, they need someone who will help the running backs. And I would love to see another former BC Eagle next to Koppen on the o-line.

But I think he's gonna be franchised. I believe the Giants have a lot of cap space, but I could be wrong. But if the Pats want to add a big name, he's a guy to consider.

PsychoTim
11-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Snee is also Coughlin's son-in-law. I really don't see him leaving the Giants if Coughlin is still HC.

celticfan
11-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Dunta Robinson, UFA, Houston Texans

Pretty young and could be great opposite of Hobbs. I don't think he would command too much money

futureheisman
11-15-2008, 09:35 AM
one thing we need to do this offseason is let Watson go.

futureheisman
11-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Are Defense next year:

DE: Richard Seymour
NT: Vince Wilfork
DT: Ty Warren

LB

Jerod Mayo
Mike Vrabel
Aduluis Thomas
?????????

CB:
Ellis Hobbs
??????
James Sanders
Brandon Merriweather

we need to fill these holes.

The Intimidator
11-15-2008, 12:17 PM
So you've finally accepted the fact that the Pats won't be releasing Seymour?

futureheisman
11-15-2008, 01:35 PM
hahahahahaha yeah