PDA

View Full Version : As an NBA Fan, do you want to see a rematch of the NBA Finals ...

JordansBulls
11-11-2008, 04:16 PM
NOTE: No Lakers or Celtics fans for this one because obviously you guys would want to see it again.

As a NBA Fan, do you want to see a rematch of the NBA Finals ...

Option 1
If the Lakers and Celtics are the two best teams in the league I want to see the rematch.

Or

Option 2
I Would rather see two different teams play in the finals that are good and that upsets LA and Boston.

Lakers4ItAll
11-11-2008, 04:18 PM
I always wanna see the Best 2 Teams play, unless its SA n DET

MiamiHeat
11-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Option 2 (Rather see new flavor in the finals)

Lakers4ItAll
11-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Most people just want to see there fav teams in the Finals, only tru Bball fans want to see the best

MiamiHeat
11-11-2008, 04:23 PM
^ nope lol
I know the Heat aren't going to the Finals
but I just wanna see new flavor

JordansBulls
11-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Well as a Bulls fan I never wanted to play the same team yearly. I think it is too boring. Playing the Jazz in 97 and 98 I didn't like. I wanted Houston in 1997. I was ok with the 1998 because the Jazz were the best and went thru Houston's big 3 of Hakeem, Barkley and Drexler. The Twin towers of the Spurs of Duncan and Robinson and the 4 allstar Lakers team of Shaq, Jones, Van Excel and Kobe.

I don't mind playing the same team in my conference, but not the same team in the finals.

NYKnickFanatic
11-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Well, you said no LAKERS or CELTICS fans voting, but I already see a Laker fan has voted. :rolleyes:

Lakers4ItAll
11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Ya I voted and I'm a Lakers fan, but I also explained how I voted. If the Lakers weren't the best I wouldn't want them in the Finals.

Well, you said no LAKERS or CELTICS fans voting, but I already see a Laker fan has voted. :rolleyes:

LAKERS 24/7
11-11-2008, 04:37 PM
I read the post after I voted.

uchiha
11-11-2008, 04:39 PM
god no... personally, I thought it was unbearably boring

I'd rather have two teams play each other who have no history.. nothing ridiculous to talk about, or to hype up.

Heat vs. Mavs was one of the best Finals in recent memory and there was absolutely no history between them... some random match up like Magic/Hornets, Celtics/Hornets, Lakers/Cavs, Heat/Grizzlies wound be better in my opinion

Wilson
11-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Whoops, I didn't read the whole post before I voted, sorry...:hide:

leftymo
11-11-2008, 04:47 PM
I didn't vote b/c I'm a fan of one of the teams.

Even though its clear who is the best right now, you never know with injuries and such so we'll just have to wait til playoffs time.

But man, are the Lakers loaded. A simple stat that means nothing this early in the year.

Top 25 3pt shooters.

A few teams actually boast two players in the top 25 (namely NO, Phoenix, Sac).

The loaded Lakers? They have 4, and that does NOT include the 6th best 3pt shooter from last year (Sasha). Boston doesn't even have one in the top 40.

Lakers4ItAll
11-11-2008, 04:50 PM
I think having a History made the Finals even more interesting. 2 Franchises that have won the most makes me want to watch more.

I'd rather have two teams play each other who have no history.. nothing ridiculous to talk about, or to hype up.

BALLER71
11-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Anything that doesn't have San Antonio Spurs is fine with me. But the NBA Finals have been boring for the pst three years.

Wilson
11-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Anything that doesn't have San Antonio Spurs is fine with me. But the NBA Finals have been boring for the pst three years.

I think I'm one of the few people who enjoys watching the Spurs play. I don't have a problem with watching a team play good defense and effecient offense.

PHX-SOXFAN
11-11-2008, 04:59 PM

at least three. and the list will grow. way to follow directions:clap:

I voted for the best two.

Yogi
11-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Two, even though the Wizards suck.

Mane
11-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Nah, i hate when the same teams are always winning.

I wouldn't watch the finals if there was a repeat of last year, i just hate repetitiveness.

_Supreme_
11-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Heat/Grizzlies wound be better in my opinion

:D

Now wouldn't that be something!

Personally I want to see NO/Phoenix vs Cleveland/Boston this year (since Miami and Orlando probably won't make it this year anyway) .

EddieB
11-11-2008, 06:54 PM
No, i can care less who will play in the east, as long as my lakers can get to the finals and win it all

yaowowrocket11
11-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Option 2

I am hoping for something like the Rockets vs. the Magic........something new and exciting.

EddieB
11-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Option 2

I am hoping for something like the Rockets vs. the Magic........something new and exciting.

yeah great ratings

ATX
11-11-2008, 06:56 PM
I'd definately rather see two new teams in the finals...However, I am curious to see how the Lakers would respond with their full cast...ala Bynum. Could Bynum really be the missing piece? The series would certainly have to be more competitive at least...Those teams sure look good early on, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them in a Finals rematch.

Raidaz4Life
11-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Ya I voted and I'm a Lakers fan, but I also explained how I voted. If the Lakers weren't the best I wouldn't want them in the Finals.

same I honestly find them the most entertaining teams. I would despise watching the spurs or detroit in again. I wouldn't mind the hawks or NO. No way I'd wanna see the suns or the mavs, maybe Toronto but in all honesty not even being a homer I wanna see those two teams go at it with the Lakers actually healthy this year

Wilson
11-11-2008, 07:01 PM
I know what everyone means when they say they don't like the same teams going back. One of the reasons I prefer American sports to European sports (IE Soccer...), is that over here it's just a case of the richest teams getting all the trophies, and there's never any variety (for the most part).

As a Laker fan though, I definately want to see us go back there a few times in the near future :D

Hawkeye15
11-11-2008, 07:24 PM
I would rather see New Orleans/Boston. Or New Orleans/Cleveland

S.J.Basketball
11-11-2008, 07:31 PM
^ nope lol
but I just wanna see new flavor

You're just jealous.

cahawk
11-12-2008, 12:05 AM
I would like to see the two best teams...
not who the fans want....
not who Stern thinks will get the highest TV ratings....
just the two best.

I liked last years Finals but at the same time, it seemed it was very convenient for the NBA that these two weak teams that would get them the biggest ratings, by magic became strong and made the Finals.
The Boston trades were alittle suspicious but they had to give up a ton of talent.
The laker's getting Gasol & Fischer without giving up a starter was really suspicious.
Stern & the NBA made lots of money.
But as a fan I really don't want to see the NBA turn into WWF.

Zefflin
11-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Oops, take my vote away then.

ink
11-12-2008, 04:19 PM
bump

BTownTeamsRKing
11-12-2008, 05:19 PM
lol nice job lakers fans. look its no question that the Celtics and lakers are clearly looking the best of any team and a rematch is fine. I would like to see historical teams in the Finals. I feel u need teams that ppl either love or hate for it to be entertaining.

if its like magic and hornets, then CP3 and D12 better be amazing otherwise it will fail miserably bc theres no history, no hate, which leads to boring games.

D-wade made the Heat vs Mavs final watchable, but the mavericks were so boring. and the 2 teams in themmselves really have nothing against each other.

it comes down to this, would u rather watch:

A. Kobe try to get revenge on Boston and Pierce try to prove he is an elite player.
or
B. CP3 vs D12 or LBJ in a battle of young guns?

Hellcrooner
11-12-2008, 05:24 PM
well, how surprising, every laker and celtic fan says yes and every laker hater says no....

Hellcrooner
11-12-2008, 05:27 PM
for the record, i like finals with some Old rivalrie flavor like Lakers against Pistons, Celtics, Knicks or Sixers.

But ill also like a Jazz-Bulls, Sonics-Bullets (er..... well :() Warriors-Celtics Rockets-Knics or Rockets Celtics. for example

Wilson
11-12-2008, 05:30 PM
lol nice job lakers fans.

:laugh2: Yep, we kind of let ourselves down in this thread...

BTownTeamsRKing
11-12-2008, 05:42 PM
:laugh2: Yep, we kind of let ourselves down in this thread...

watever i mean most ppl just vote for thier team/player in these things anyways right.

basically, if it isnt a rivalry, its not as fun. if theres no emotion to it, it becomes just like any other game of basketball.

NYMetros
11-12-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm a Pistons fan, so seeing Boston in the Finals again would be a very bad thing for me.
But as an NBA fan, who wouldn't want to see Pierce, Garnett, and Ray Allen take on Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum once more? That would be an amazing matchup and I would love to see the outcome.

DrDEADalready
11-12-2008, 05:54 PM
No! see new teams or as long as its more exciting to watch. last finals was a Bore fest. Who wants to see a team get Pounded. you want to see a drawn out exciting 7 game series.

Wilson
11-12-2008, 05:57 PM
watever i mean most ppl just vote for thier team/player in these things anyways right.

basically, if it isnt a rivalry, its not as fun. if theres no emotion to it, it becomes just like any other game of basketball.

Yeah I agree. The post you quoted was just talking about the amount of Laker fans who voted even though we weren't supposed to :p

BoltLakerPadre
11-12-2008, 06:02 PM
I always wanna see the Best 2 Teams play, unless its SA n DET

True that. SA/DET is soooo boring.

I just want to see the Laker's get their revenge on the Celtics. And I know we will, cause we're just a better team. We were a little depleted and young last year. Our players weren't used to that kind of hype and pressure. But now with Bynum and Ariza healthy, the LakeShow is ready to take the Larry O'Brien back to La La Land.

FSPORTS
11-12-2008, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=MiamiHeat;7294018]^ nope lol
but I just wanna see new flavor[/QUO

hey anything is possible

Missing56&33
01-05-2009, 06:13 PM
I would like to see the Knicks obviously but if they dont make it i would like to see the Celtics vs Houston I hope the Lakers dont make it back.

LA_Raiders
01-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Revenge!!!

Raps18-19 Champ
01-05-2009, 07:38 PM
kinda boring watching boston and lakers again

I wanna see some new teams. teams that have never been in finals before or has never won a title

I want an offensive finals where they always score but then they end up having to rely on their defence in the clutch

I was thinking of something like Suns vs Knicks but that wont happen

wwwhat
01-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I'd like to see Kobe v LeBron (or I can be a homer and say D-Wade :p) in the finals. They're pretty evenly matched, IMO. And I'd love to see them get matched up and how well they can defend each other.