PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Anderson

Rockets Fanatic
11-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Fter we sign Ben Sheets and if we are smart, we go after him he could be very cheap and he adds another bat to our lineup, he hit .293 with 15 HR and 84 RBI in 145 Games our defense wont stellar anymore but it would be worth it

LINEUP:
1. Kaz Matsui (2B)
2. Hunter Pence (CF)
3. Garett Anderson (RF/1B)
4. Lance Berkman (1B/RF)
5. Carlos Lee (LF)
6. Miguel Tejada (SS)
7. Ty Wigginton (3B)
8. Humberto Quinterro (Jose Castro later in the Season) (C)
9. Pitcher (P)

Rotation:
1. Roy Oswalt
2. Ben Sheets
3. Wandy Rodriguez
4. Randy Wolf
5. Brian Moelher

(Trade Backe for some prospects)

acohn1230
11-11-2008, 06:48 PM
astros dont have the money to go out and sign sheets and another big name, plus they're not ready to give up on bourn yet..give him one more year

and please tell me your kidding when you say backe will bring in prospects

Crzycjunx76
11-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Anderson does not have range enough to cover for both Carlos Lee and Hunter Pence (who is average in center). Pence dosent get on base often enough to be a 2 hitter at this point and without Valverde we wouldent have a closer. Castro wont see the majors for atleast two seasons barring a miracle, and we would have to give up a 1st rounder for Sheets. Oh and Brandon Backe dosent have ANY trade value... if we non-tendered or outright released him he would have difficulty finding work as a mop up bullpen arm at this point.

Wizard of O's
11-11-2008, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't mind having Anderson come off the bench as a fifth outfielder reunite Erstad and Anderson in our OF.

But I wouldn't mind giving Bourn another chance either.

Sign Ben Sheets, Andy Pettitte

Boy would a rotation of Oswalt, Pettitte, Sheets, Wandy and Wolf look great.

And our lineup

Matsui 2B
Wigginton 3B
Tejada SS
Berkman 1B
Lee LF
Pence RF
Bourn CF
Q C

Also its Jason Castro not Jose.

Jermster
11-17-2008, 11:11 PM
It won't happen.

rhino17
11-18-2008, 03:22 AM
he is old and no way he would bat 3rd in our lineup

AstroFanatic74
11-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Garrett Anderson? Are you serious? He's way too old, plus we've got enough outfielders already. The Astros won't sign him for the same reason they won't sign Adam Dunn. Lee is already hampering our defense in LF and if we have an outfield of Lee, Bourn, and Anderson, then Michael Bourn is going to demand a pay raise due to all the extra running he's going to be doing.

UnWantedTheory
11-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Offense isnt everything...And his offense wouldnt make up for what we lose since he's 36 or so now i believe.