PDA

View Full Version : RIP Herb Score

EdTheRevelator
11-11-2008, 01:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=txobitherbscore&prov=st&type=lgns

CLEVELAND (TICKER) —Former Cleveland Indians pitcher and broadcaster Herb Score, whose promising career was cut short after getting struck by a line drive, died Tuesday. He was 75.

The Indians said Score died Tuesday morning at his home in Rocky River, Ohio. The cause of death was not immediately known.

Listening to Herb growing up is how I grew to love Indians baseball. Sad day for all of baseball, not just Cleveland.

"Swing and a miss, called strike three!":(

cle12152433
11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Yes, I was very saddened by this news.

Hermie13
11-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Yes, very sad.

I will never forget:

"....and the Indians are going to the World Series......maybe"

Ha, had to love Herbie. Great man.

TriberForLifer
11-15-2008, 02:34 PM
This news ripped my heart out - much like our Indians do every year.

Like many of you I grew up listening to Herb deliver us the Tribe in his own, unique - and sometimes silly - style over the airwaves. And I loved every bit of it. I wish on so many levels the Tribe could've sent him out with a World Series ring in 1997, but that's the way it goes.

Herbie will be greatly missed.

EdTheRevelator
11-16-2008, 04:09 PM
I realize this isn't exciting news, but I'm kinda disappointed that more people haven't said anything about this. If you followed the Indians before 1998, you listened to Herb Score. That's just the way it was. He was like another member of the family, much like Hammy is now for me. He wasn't a fantastic broadcaster, but he told you what you needed to know and he could call the game.

I too wish he coulda gone out with a championship. Alas, it was not to be. Rest in peace Herb. There's probably a ballin baseball game going on up there that just found their broadcaster.