PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about Benjarvus?

Red_Sox_89
11-11-2008, 01:21 PM
And how many carries do you think he will have this Thursday against the Jets? Last week he had 26 with over 100 yards. I know everyone has been saying the Patriots are going to be on of the teams with multiple halfbacks that split the carries evenly, but I'd like to see Green-Ellis get 20 carries a game. Your thoughts?

The Intimidator
11-11-2008, 01:55 PM
I love the kid too, but let's not anoint him as the next Emmitt Smith just yet. He ran very well last week, but you must take into account the fact that the Bills are a middle of the pack team when it comes to their rushing defense, and they were missing Schobel, one of their best D-Linemen. This week will be a real test for him, if he is to be getting the majority of the carries. He will be helped out if Jordan and/or Morris can play Thursday night, but if not, I expect Green-Ellis to have a pretty decent game.

Patsfan56
11-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I really like watching this kid too, and this will be a great test for him, as the Jets hae a good rush defense. I'm not sure how much BB is going to try and force the run more much more than to set up the pass.

Pats win, but through the air this week.

Red_Sox_89
11-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm not calling him MVP for next season or anything. But he could be that running back that New England hasn't had for years now. A running back that could be considered one of the better ones in the league. I'm not saying it will happen this season, but in a few years, I think he could be one of the better backs in the league. He definitely has the potential.

ERLynx
11-11-2008, 02:35 PM
he's the next Mike Cloud.

kbjohnson26
11-11-2008, 02:36 PM
I agree, lets not go trading LoMo or anything. I think he runs hard and its good to see a guy hit a hole and pick up yards and not looking like he is auditioning for Dancing with the Stars in the backfield. Especially with the short week and a tougher Dline.

Red_Sox_89
11-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I'm not saying we need to trade Maroney at all, he's only 23 with a lot of potential also. But instead of the 3 or 4 running back combo with split carries I've heard about, I'd like to see Green-Ellis get 20 carries while Maroney is hurt, then when he comes back both of them get 10-15 while Faulk gets 5-10.

kbjohnson26
11-11-2008, 02:46 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see him get more carries when all the other backs are healthy. I think this week will be important to see how durable he is.

Red_Sox_89
11-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see him get more carries when all the other backs are healthy. I think this week will be important to see how durable he is.

Oh yeah. I picked him up in my fantasy league cuz my running back slot is killed by injuries... so I'm hopin he gets like, 200 rushin yards and 5 touchdowns...
But realistically, I think he gets 18 carries, 85 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 2 catches for 17 yards.

kbjohnson26
11-11-2008, 03:16 PM
I couldnt less about the yardage as long as their are some TD's on the board I'll be happy:-)

Wake's Fastball
11-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Eh... I think he's one of those career-3.5 YPC guys. He really doesn't have any breakaway ability, and while he's a nice between-the-tackles RB, that's really not "feature back" material. I'd certainly hope the team holds onto him, as he's shown alot of promise, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of handing the reigns over to him.

CheeseOnMyHead
11-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Good for an undrafted rookie, but probably a career third stringer. Maroney and Morris are obviously more talented, but Green-Ellis provides depth.

Bosoxgoober15
11-11-2008, 09:03 PM
i love the fact that he isnt afraid to take a hit. he isnt against running up the gut unlike someone we used a first round draft pick on....cough cough maroney cough. "lawfirm" is a perfect example of the pats "finding diamonds in the rough"

bagwell368
11-12-2008, 09:16 AM
he's the next Mike Cloud.

He's better then that, although not by too much. All I know is that if he is your #5 back, you have a pretty deep team. If he is your #1, oh oh.

griff141
11-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Law firm has been pretty good so far. He certainly won't blow anybody up or make anyone miss, but he never stops moving his feet and has loads of power. I hope he can keep a role in the offense when Morris and Jordan return.

Patsfan56
11-12-2008, 11:32 AM
I know this won't be the most poular opinion, but if maroney cant stay healthy, and therefore can't stop tap dancing at the LOS, I'll take Law Firm.

celticfan
11-23-2008, 09:33 PM
we have to give this guy the ball inside the 10. He loves getting into the end zone

kazzy4080
11-23-2008, 10:54 PM
i like him, i think he could be a good number 2 back when the patriots (hopefully) reconstruct their backfield this off season

The Intimidator
11-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Hey, the kid knows how to find the endzone. 5 straight games with a rushing touchdown after his TD in the final minute today.