PDA

View Full Version : The Official Duke Basketball is amazing thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Sabres39
11-11-2008, 12:48 AM
So we won our season opener against Presbyterian or some hick college like that. Singler looked beastly, as did Scheyer and Smith. Thomas looked like he added bulk and actually played pretty good today. Everyone else just looked ok, nothign special.

BRAVE KID
11-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Saw a crap load more penetration from Duke, not many jump shots or perimeter shots just drive,drive, and drive to the bucket. Defense looked good. Don't know how you can say nothing special, you can see the talent with Plumbee, Czyz and Eliot, am a fan of Pocious and mcclure lets see how these guys do tommorow.

Sabres39
11-11-2008, 01:18 AM
I'm not denying the talent is there, it's just that they didn't showcase it today. Czyz will be nothing more than what eh showed today, energy off the bench. I expected a lot more from Miles because in the pre-season he was doing a lot, there was a reason he was starting today, and we didn't see it. Hopefully we see better play from him tomorrow, not that we'll need it though.

BRAVE KID
11-11-2008, 01:40 AM
I liked what I saw from Czyz, won't be a starter but he isn't just energy, the kid looks to be a high flyer and be a factor on D and the boards. Miles was really active maybe a little too active but not bad, just one game. I see Zoubek has improved, worked on his endurance isn't as slow as before and didn't see the automatic traveling when he got the ball (in the second half at least), and was a little smarter on D didn't bear hug his guy as much.

Zou can really make this team a good one

Sabres39
11-11-2008, 01:44 AM
Zoubek was the missing piece last year. When he was injured or recovering from injury, it put a lot of pressure on Singler to play the biggest player on the opposing team. But now, we have Miles, and a healthy Zoubek who can give us 5-8, 4-5, 1-2 off the bench, and most importantly size and fouls off the bench.

Can't wait to see how we do this year.

BRAVE KID
11-11-2008, 01:57 AM
and you have to like the way we drive to the bucket, it is going to create a lot of easy baskets for the big guys to clean up the garbage. Just have to take it easy with the fouls. Promising team we have here.

Chest Rockwell
11-11-2008, 02:12 AM
We better do some damage this year and impress some prospects. Our incoming frosh class next season is going to be pretty weak. I can't believe we are not on John Wall's short list. Anyways, how'd Paulus do?

BRAVE KID
11-11-2008, 02:31 AM
Nothing pretty on the stat sheet 3 TO's to 2 assists. everyone just seemed a bit off.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=283150150

SidTheKid
11-11-2008, 11:53 AM
30 point win to open the season....I'll take it :clap:

WI Sports Fan
11-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I understand how exciting everyone is for the new season, but we should probably wait until Duke (or any team) plays someone that's been in D-1 for more than a year before we talk about how improved and impressive players are.

J4KOP99
11-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Duke did exactly what was expected of them. However, they did not look that great and just seemed off. Nolan Smith should be coming off of the bench because he would be a great spark plug to come in and give Paulus a rest. You saw the offense was not running smoothly when Nolan was bringing it up early on and I think he can learn a lot from Paulus in that aspect. The best player in the game was without a doubt Singler, and he has all the skill in the world. I still do not see him as a dominant player though, maybe by the end of this year.
Henderson had a quiet game but I think he will be one of the best players in the country this year, his mid-range game and athletic ability give him a special combination. The young ones all played decently, they all made at least one good play but did not show that they could start. Plumlee will start just because he is 6 10' but he definitely needs to get stronger.

I think we will once again have a great regular season but when the tournament comes, we do not have a solid inside presence to carry us through. There is not a Boozer, Shelden Williams, Brand, or anyone else that we have had in the past. Yes, Plumlee will help out, and so will Zoubek if he can stay healthy, but they are not enough to take us all the way.

SidTheKid
11-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Duke did exactly what was expected of them. However, they did not look that great and just seemed off. Nolan Smith should be coming off of the bench because he would be a great spark plug to come in and give Paulus a rest. You saw the offense was not running smoothly when Nolan was bringing it up early on and I think he can learn a lot from Paulus in that aspect. The best player in the game was without a doubt Singler, and he has all the skill in the world. I still do not see him as a dominant player though, maybe by the end of this year.
Henderson had a quiet game but I think he will be one of the best players in the country this year, his mid-range game and athletic ability give him a special combination. The young ones all played decently, they all made at least one good play but did not show that they could start. Plumlee will start just because he is 6 10' but he definitely needs to get stronger.

I think we will once again have a great regular season but when the tournament comes, we do not have a solid inside presence to carry us through. There is not a Boozer, Shelden Williams, Brand, or anyone else that we have had in the past. Yes, Plumlee will help out, and so will Zoubek if he can stay healthy, but they are not enough to take us all the way.

Well put.

YankeePride13
11-12-2008, 11:18 AM

That was a very well put, grounded statement. You guys will win 28-32 games, yet probably falter somewhere before the Elite 8.

Inside presence is a key to winning in March, esp. this year with the 3 point line moved back.

You'll split with Carolina, because, well...they split every year.

As far as being "amazing", not quite.

Sabres39
11-12-2008, 01:40 PM
We looked great last night, inside, outside, and midrange game were all going good. We, however, sucked some major balls shooting free throws. I think we were something like 25/49...simply unacceptable. We can't win the tough games with that ****** of a FT%. I think it was just an off game in that category though, Paulus, Scheyer, Singler, etc are all usually great FT shooters.

Sabres39
11-12-2008, 01:50 PM
I was just looking at the stats, and Freshman G Elliott Williams led the team with 11 rebounds in 14 minutes!:speechless:

I don't know who this says more about, our big guys, or Williams.

SidTheKid
11-12-2008, 03:55 PM
I was just looking at the stats, and Freshman G Elliott Williams led the team with 11 rebounds in 14 minutes!:speechless:

Williams is just a stud in the making.

J4KOP99
11-12-2008, 04:21 PM

Williams will be a hell of a player but you have to think about what point in the game he was playing and who he was playing against.

Most of the time he was either in against a worn out starting team or against the bench....none the less 11 rebounds is 11 rebounds, can't take that away from him...it shows a lot that he was out there giving it his all.

sdweston757
11-14-2008, 11:20 AM
singler and nolan got it going

time for gerald to get his swagger right and start banging on people

dodgerzfan44
11-15-2008, 01:16 AM
That was a very well put, grounded statement. You guys will win 28-32 games, yet probably falter somewhere before the Elite 8.

Inside presence is a key to winning in March, esp. this year with the 3 point line moved back.

You'll split with Carolina, because, well...they split every year.

As far as being "amazing", not quite.
No way they win one against carolina. UNC is going undefeated.

Sabres39
11-15-2008, 05:50 PM
No way they win one against carolina. UNC is going undefeated.

No ****ing way. Hanstravel is out for a while, possibly until January. Who's to say they don't falter in the next two months?

Last year we won a game against them, with a younger and less talented team. Why couldn't we do it now with an older, more talented team with better and healthier big guys?

SidTheKid
11-16-2008, 10:14 AM
No ****ing way. Hanstravel is out for a while, possibly until January. Who's to say they don't falter in the next two months?

Last year we won a game against them, with a younger and less talented team. Why couldn't we do it now with an older, more talented team with better and healthier big guys?

UNC is a great team this year but for people to say they will go undefeated is psychotic. People don't realize how difficult it is to do that.

SidTheKid
11-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Duke struggles today but wins nonetheless 82-79 behind Scheyer and Singler who both scored over 20 points.

BRAVE KID
11-17-2008, 12:54 AM
that's crazy never would of expected that. Read we where trailing the whole game, hey better happen early than later..that way we fix what we need to do and not let it happen again.

Sabres39
11-17-2008, 01:24 AM
that's crazy never would of expected that. Read we where trailing the whole game, hey better happen early than later..that way we fix what we need to do and not let it happen again.

Yeah, we trailed literally the entire game until the end. They just outplayed us in every facet of the game, and deserved to win the game. We honestly pulled this win out of our ***.

BRAVE KID
11-17-2008, 01:46 AM
Yeah, we trailed literally the entire game until the end. They just outplayed us in every facet of the game, and deserved to win the game. We honestly pulled this win out of our ***.the great teams find a way to win..even if it is out of their ***.

Chest Rockwell
11-17-2008, 02:32 AM
God I wish I could watch these friggin games. How'd you guys watch the game? It wasn't nationally televised was it?

WI Sports Fan
11-17-2008, 02:37 AM
Kind of surprising to see that in Duke's 3rd game, but hey, it's early in the season. I would say something about the usual Blue Devil FT discrepancy at home, but I have to give them props for how well they did when they got there.

Sabres39
11-17-2008, 11:22 AM
god i wish i could watch these friggin games. How'd you guys watch the game? It wasn't nationally televised was it?

espnu

Tankjeep
11-17-2008, 11:57 AM
go duke, coach k is a legend.

sdweston757
11-17-2008, 02:30 PM
im not even worried about the rhode island game.

sometimes teams come to cameron with absolutely nothing to lose and play awesome. The kid shot 8-10 from the 3 point line.... That is absolutely crazy.

We will get it together. Im still waiting for gerald to get going. Singler and scheyer look ready to make a run

SidTheKid
11-18-2008, 05:07 PM
God I wish I could watch these friggin games. How'd you guys watch the game? It wasn't nationally televised was it?

First three games haven't been televised but virtually every game from here on out will be on TV.

J4KOP99
11-18-2008, 09:26 PM
The first 3 games have been on ESPNU, which I get.

noturnormalhero
11-19-2008, 12:33 PM
I still want to know why Duke isn't coming down to Miami this year ! I always look fwd to when Duke comes down and I go to the games. This year i buy season tickets for UM and i look at the schedule and we go up there but you guys don't come down here! Was very disappointed. :sad2:

SidTheKid
11-19-2008, 08:54 PM
I still want to know why Duke isn't coming down to Miami this year ! I always look fwd to when Duke comes down and I go to the games. This year i buy season tickets for UM and i look at the schedule and we go up there but you guys don't come down here! Was very disappointed. :sad2:

Yeah they're playing at Cameron this year. I'm not sure but I think they alternate courts every season.

SidTheKid
11-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Heading to the Garden in about an hour. Go Duke!!!! :clap:

cubfan23
11-20-2008, 08:34 PM
GO SIU baby, they are up 15-14 their D is making Duke turn the ball over pretty bad its like 10 TO's already for them.

Joshtd1
11-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Wow Henderson just smashed on that guy.

What a 2nd half for him, 20 points :clap:

Sabres39
11-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Duke looked great in the second half, and I was pleasantly surprised to see Zoubek contribute in the first half with his 10 points and 6 rebounds. It was great to see Henderson finally take off.

Bring it on Michigan? LOL, I never would've thought I would be saying that.

WI Sports Fan
11-21-2008, 03:26 PM
47 free throws... Seriously?

SidTheKid
11-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Went to both games and saw Duke struggle somewhat against SIU but turned in a very strong performance against Michigan. These two games seemed to be the breakout of Gerald Henderson who struggled in the beginning of the season.

sdweston757
11-22-2008, 03:37 PM
this is the first of four championships

2k sports. check
acc reg season. ?
acc tourney. ?
national championship. ?

J4KOP99
11-23-2008, 02:14 PM
I was there and althought I did not get to see the matchup of UCLA vs my Dukies, I saw Duke play two solid games in the garden. This is typical early season Duke basketball. They are always prepared for the good teams early on in the year and they usually play down to their competition which they did against SIU. You could see in the SIU game the pace was totally ruined by the referees calling EVERY SINGLE FOUL for both teams. The game was almost painful to watch at times but Duke won and Gerald finally came to play.
In the Michigan game we saw a very well coaches, deep Duke team play a GOOD, not GREAT game. They did not really turn the ball over and spread the ball around very well. Singler, Nolan and Gerald all played well.
What really surprised me in both games was how well Zoubek played. To be honest I dislike him very much, he is too slow, has aboslutly no coordination and d oes not have any athleticism. However, he played within himself and looked quite well on the floor, but that may be because I was not watching on TV, where I would be able to see close-ups of his ******** looking face.
All-In-All a good couple wins for the blue devils...

SidTheKid
11-23-2008, 02:16 PM
I was there and althought I did not get to see the matchup of UCLA vs my Dukies, I saw Duke play two solid games in the garden. This is typical early season Duke basketball. They are always prepared for the good teams early on in the year and they usually play down to their competition which they did against SIU. You could see in the SIU game the pace was totally ruined by the referees calling EVERY SINGLE FOUL for both teams. The game was almost painful to watch at times but Duke won and Gerald finally came to play.
In the Michigan game we saw a very well coaches, deep Duke team play a GOOD, not GREAT game. They did not really turn the ball over and spread the ball around very well. Singler, Nolan and Gerald all played well.
What really surprised me in both games was how well Zoubek played. To be honest I dislike him very much, he is too slow, has aboslutly no coordination and d oes not have any athleticism. However, he played within himself and looked quite well on the floor, but that may be because I was not watching on TV, where I would be able to see close-ups of his ******** looking face.

Zoubek is really coming around from his first two years and is finally contributing some quality minutes to the team.

sdweston757
11-24-2008, 01:20 PM
i hate zoubek too

Sabres39
11-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Zoubek is nothing special as a player, but what he does provide us is size around the net, and a lot of it. The guy has been putting up solid numbers for us in the first half to help soften the defense and get them a little tired.

I just wish he would show a little more tenacity around the rim, and fight for rebounds, and dunk the ball, rather than just a lay up. I think he needs to use his size a little more, and back them smaller people up.

SidTheKid
11-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Zoubek is nothing special as a player, but what he does provide us is size around the net, and a lot of it. The guy has been putting up solid numbers for us in the first half to help soften the defense and get them a little tired.

I just wish he would show a little more tenacity around the rim, and fight for rebounds, and dunk the ball, rather than just a lay up. I think he needs to use his size a little more, and back them smaller people up.

Same. He's way too hesitant and has developed a bad habit on bouncing the ball before he goes up with shots, even if he has a wide open put-back.

Sabres39
11-28-2008, 09:03 PM
I didn't watch the game today, but I did look at the boxscore, and Lance Thomas had a career high 21 points off the bench. Boy, if we can get a solid 8 points or so a night out of him, we would be golden, IMO.

SidTheKid
11-28-2008, 10:27 PM
I didn't watch the game today, but I did look at the boxscore, and Lance Thomas had a career high 21 points off the bench. Boy, if we can get a solid 8 points or so a night out of him, we would be golden, IMO.

Thomas really showed up to play (can't remember the last time I said that) and the outside shooting was phenomenal.

BRAVE KID
11-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Zoubek is really a waste of given talent. I mean come on, he isn't taking advantage of his size and height. Letting 6-4/6-7 guys out-rebound you? Block your shots? That is saying you don't want it..it's a shame he could of been a true force for us if he would use what he has.

SidTheKid
11-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Zoubek is really a waste of given talent. I mean come on, he isn't taking advantage of his size and height. Letting 6-4/6-7 guys out-rebound you? Block your shots? That is saying you don't want it..it's a shame he could of been a true force for us if he would use what he has.

He's so uncoordinated it's sad :(

BRAVE KID
11-28-2008, 10:55 PM
but in other news solid win. Thomas looks to give us some solid production. He at least uses his size well.

SidTheKid
11-28-2008, 10:58 PM
but in other news solid win. Thomas looks to give us some solid production. He at least uses his size well.

A lot of the points he scored today was on fast breaks or when he was ahead of the pack. It's good to see that his using his size and speed well and maybe he's finally turning that corner and becoming a complete player.

cambovenzi
11-29-2008, 12:15 PM

thats why im glad we're getting all these young big guys.

YankeePride13
11-29-2008, 12:42 PM
They looked great yesterday. Not sure how good DQ is going to be this year, but Duke looked very solid.

Still waiting for them to play a road game this year....

...but that's all the norm.

BRAVE KID
11-29-2008, 01:45 PM
He's so uncoordinated it's sad :(It's also funny, if you ever want a laugh just watch the guy play. It just irritates me that he could be much better than he is, if he could just provide a spark then we will be good but going to need Plumblee to step up big.

BRAVE KID
11-29-2008, 01:49 PM
They looked great yesterday. Not sure how good DQ is going to be this year, but Duke looked very solid.

...but that's all the norm.Yea I want duke to go on the road as well tired of playing home. But MSG isn't really a home game..played well there..wanted to face UCLA though..but a championship is fine with me.

SidTheKid
11-29-2008, 07:17 PM

...but that's all the norm.

Tuesday night at Purdue should be a great test.

yboord028
11-29-2008, 07:18 PM
I haven't been able to watch any Duke basketball so far but its one of the things me and Sabres actually agree on, so Go Duke.

Got to see a game before judging anything.

J4KOP99
11-29-2008, 07:48 PM

Yeah, My dad(who went to purdue) will be there for that Game....he could not get me an extra ticket, or he didn't want to give me one becuase I would want Duke to win. Either way, he is going and I am not.

noturnormalhero
11-29-2008, 09:40 PM

Wish i could watch that game but i'll be at the Ohio State vs. Canes game! But that Purdue game should be a good one though. Wish i had TIVO lol. Sup with your avatar and you being a NY fan for everything BUT hockey? LOL. Well besides Duke too of course.

SidTheKid
11-30-2008, 12:41 AM
Wish i could watch that game but i'll be at the Ohio State vs. Canes game! But that Purdue game should be a good one though. Wish i had TIVO lol. Sup with your avatar and you being a NY fan for everything BUT hockey? LOL. Well besides Duke too of course.

Never really was into hockey but Sidney Crosby drew me to the sport once he started playing and I've been rooting for the Penguins ever since and I've basically been a Duke fan since I was born.

noturnormalhero
11-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Never really was into hockey but Sidney Crosby drew me to the sport once he started playing and I've been rooting for the Penguins ever since and I've basically been a Duke fan since I was born.

Yeah i get you. I can't get into Hockey anymore. I would watch a game live without a problem but i rather not take the time to follow it again. Dude how do you create one of those avatars ?!

ugadawgsfan17
11-30-2008, 01:06 PM
What's going on with Miles Plumlee, how come he has barely played when he's a necessary component on this team, considering the lack of skill from Zoubek

BRAVE KID
11-30-2008, 02:12 PM
I don't know, maybe he is taking his time with him. Letting him get a feel for the game..or just banking on Thomas's development.

SidTheKid
11-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah i get you. I can't get into Hockey anymore. I would watch a game live without a problem but i rather not take the time to follow it again. Dude how do you create one of those avatars ?!

Someone made it for me. I think his username was ****** or something like that.

SidTheKid
11-30-2008, 02:39 PM
What's going on with Miles Plumlee, how come he has barely played when he's a necessary component on this team, considering the lack of skill from Zoubek

He's only a freshman and Lance Thomas has been stepping up big so far.

sdweston757
12-03-2008, 03:12 AM
W vs Purdue.

gottta love it.
gottta love singler

Sabres39
12-03-2008, 01:43 PM
We just straight up raped Purdue last night. We just beat them in every facet of the game, defense, rebounding, shooting, etc.

Watch out Carolina, we are gunning for you.

Joshtd1
12-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Singler is looking pretty damn good. Great win last night

J4KOP99
12-03-2008, 04:31 PM
When teams try to play a grueling, defensive, tough game against Duke they get burnt every single time. When will teams understand you do not out-tough a duke basketball team.

The Way you beat Duke is with a fast Poing Guard playing at a fast pace. Look at games in the past that duke has lost. When Duke does not control the tempo the are in trouble, but when it is a fast up and down tempo against a team just as powerful, Duke almost always loses.

Purdue tried to be tougher than duke, and play better defense. In doing so they got absolutly rocked. I know Moore and some others on Purdue did not have a great game, but that is because they were playing against a team that plays the same way they do. And in all cases, Duke plays that style even better.

Look at the Rhode Island game where Duke almost lost. It was an up and down, three's everywhere, barely any set plays type of game. That is where dukes basketball intelligence is taken away. Other than a couple other schools, Duke has the smartest team and that comes from the coaching and the overall intelligence of the players. When their intelligence can't really be used, Duke has trouble playing a more 1 v 1 style.
Purdue did not try to change anything Duke does and that is why they lost the way they did.

SidTheKid
12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Singler made Hummel his *****. What a great win for this team! :clap:

SidTheKid
12-03-2008, 06:34 PM
We just straight up raped Purdue last night. We just beat them in every facet of the game, defense, rebounding, shooting, etc.

Watch out Carolina, we are gunning for you.

:clap:

BRAVE KID
12-04-2008, 12:47 AM
what a solid win. I didn't think duke's D would be that good, even the uncoordinated Zoubek looked good, Thomas has improved greatly and he is going to be a major factor to this team. Now to see if we can handle dominant bigs, Wake looks like a good test for us, definately North Carolina.

thegreatone08
12-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Look out Carolina? I guess you all missed what they did to Michigan State last night. UNC will wipe the floor with Duke. Physco T is about to be 4-0 at Cameron. Ouch!

sdweston757
12-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Look out Carolina? I guess you all missed what they did to Michigan State last night. UNC will wipe the floor with Duke. Physco T is about to be 4-0 at Cameron. Ouch!

yeah he is 3-0 at Cameron

with zero national championships.. nothing is gonna put a bigger smile on my face then seeing cryler "travel" hansborough walk off the court his final game with no ships

Sabres39
12-04-2008, 02:33 PM

I didn't miss it at all, I watched the entire game. You guys did play great, especially Lawson. But, you guys haven't played a defense as good as Duke yet, so Hanstravel isn't 4-0 yet.

thegreatone08
12-04-2008, 03:17 PM
I never said he was 4-0 yet. How about when Tyler beat JJ and Sheldon on their senior night, and seeing those tears run down JJs face! hahahaha! You guys don't have the depth to play with UNC, I'm sorry. Maybe Tyler doesn't have a NC yet, but atleast they make it past the second round! choke job every year!

J4KOP99
12-04-2008, 05:18 PM
I never said he was 4-0 yet. How about when Tyler beat JJ and Sheldon on their senior night, and seeing those tears run down JJs face! hahahaha! You guys don't have the depth to play with UNC, I'm sorry. Maybe Tyler doesn't have a NC yet, but atleast they make it past the second round! choke job every year!

Look, you are absolutly right that Hansborough has won everytime he has played at Duke and that UNC may be deeper, roster wise than Duke is but to call out Duke and say they choke every single year is ridiculous.

UNC since 1998 has been in the Final Four 4 Times and has 1 National Championship

Duke since 1998 has been in the Final Four 3 Times and has 1 National Championship

They have had similar amounts of one seeds in recent years so I don't know how you can say duke has a choke job every year.

From 1998- 2006 Duke made 9, I repeat 9 consecutive sweet 16's. The only thing that can be called is consistent.

In that same span UNC was in the sweet 16 only 3 times and even missed the tournament twice!

Yes your boy Tyler is quite good, and so is his supporting cast but open your eyes to the big picture. THERE ARE OTHER GOOD TEAMS PLAYING RIGHT NOW. I do not know if Duke will beat UNC this year, you also do not know if UNC will win a National Championship this year.

The only thing we all know is that these two programs are possibly the best 2
college basketball teams in the past 10-15 years.

Good Luck UNC, and get ready for February 11th

Missing56&33
12-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Duke definately look better this year so far than they did last season. Only problem... your neighbor look like a NBADL team.

Max Power
12-04-2008, 06:20 PM
yeah he is 3-0 at Cameron

with zero national championships.. nothing is gonna put a bigger smile on my face then seeing cryler "travel" hansborough walk off the court his final game with no ships

Yeah.

But I wonder if he will he pull a "JJ" and go 3 for 18 in that last game.

BRAVE KID
12-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Tar Heels playing some great ball, what a challenge it would give Duke and maybe Duke can show them that it is not as easy as they think.

Now for the one who states that NC will "wipe the floor" with duke. What a ridiculous remark. You ever heard of a rivarly? There is no sign that NC will crush Duke. Since 05, the margin of victory from both teams combined is 8.3 points, to make you feel all good about yourself the margin of victory for the Tar Heels in that span is 8.7 points so about 9 points. That isn't really "wipe the floor" dominance. 07 is when you beat Duke twice and that was against a bad Duke squad (a very young and inexperienced one at that).

No one will wipe the floor with anyone.

thegreatone08
12-04-2008, 09:38 PM
This UNC team is probably one of, if not the best teams they have had in the past 10 years. They have 10 players that could start for any team in the country. Duke has really only one go to scorer in Singler. Carolina has 3 or 4. Thats why I believe UNC will wipe the floor with Duke. And I'm not saying there aren't other good teams in the country, but clearly UNC is in a league of their own right now.

SidTheKid
12-05-2008, 03:11 PM
This UNC team is probably one of, if not the best teams they have had in the past 10 years. They have 10 players that could start for any team in the country. Duke has really only one go to scorer in Singler. Carolina has 3 or 4. Thats why I believe UNC will wipe the floor with Duke. And I'm not saying there aren't other good teams in the country, but clearly UNC is in a league of their own right now.

Problem is they haven't faced a defense like they have with Duke's. Should be great when both of these teams meet up and I'm anticipating another split in the series.

thegreatone08
12-05-2008, 11:53 PM
And Duke hasn't faced an offense or defense like Carolina's. Thats the thing, Duke has a pretty decent D but Carolina is good on both sides.

metsbulls1025
12-06-2008, 06:30 PM
That amazing Duke team just lost to Michagan

Wrigleyboy25
12-06-2008, 06:30 PM
hm.

BRAVE KID
12-06-2008, 06:37 PM
and so did UCLA..I see no shame in Duke losing to Michigan they have already proven they can beat a top 5 team, didn't see the first half but in the second half, Duke obviously wasn't exposed to that formation Michigan pulled out, it was pretty effective.

I applaud Michigan for their efforts:clap: Many things Duke can learn from in this one, only going to make them better..one thing that did piss me off was the lack of getting back on D from Duke, normally they do a good job at that.

SidTheKid
12-07-2008, 12:18 AM
and so did UCLA..I see no shame in Duke losing to Michigan they have already proven they can beat a top 5 team, didn't see the first half but in the second half, Duke obviously wasn't exposed to that formation Michigan pulled out, it was pretty effective.

I applaud Michigan for their efforts:clap: Many things Duke can learn from in this one, only going to make them better..one thing that did piss me off was the lack of getting back on D from Duke, normally they do a good job at that.

Brian Zoubek is INEPT at playing defense. It's really sad.

JHG722
12-07-2008, 04:38 AM
w0000t go Blue!

thegreatone08
12-07-2008, 11:10 AM
All I've heard about was how good Dooks defense was. They showed it against Michigan let me tell ya. The game shouldnt have been that close. Michigan missed so many easy lay-up but still won. And the all and mighty Singler went 1-9 from behind the arc. This just goes to show why I think Carolina will wipe the floor with them.

BRAVE KID
12-07-2008, 12:54 PM
All I've heard about was how good Dooks defense was. They showed it against Michigan let me tell ya. The game shouldnt have been that close. Michigan missed so many easy lay-up but still won. And the all and mighty Singler went 1-9 from behind the arc. This just goes to show why I think Carolina will wipe the floor with them.just keep on baiting bro, the more pleasure it will be when you lose, which you will lose.

cambovenzi
12-07-2008, 01:13 PM
All I've heard about was how good Dooks defense was. They showed it against Michigan let me tell ya. The game shouldnt have been that close. Michigan missed so many easy lay-up but still won. And the all and mighty Singler went 1-9 from behind the arc. This just goes to show why I think Carolina will wipe the floor with them.

get real kid.
they had an off shooting night.
it happens.
they could just as easily rain threes all night against UNC like they did in their Win against them last year.

thegreatone08
12-07-2008, 01:13 PM
everyone on here thinks Dook is on UNCs level when they clearly arent. if Singler doesn't have a good game then Dook has no other scoring option. they might not even be the second best team in the acc

thegreatone08
12-07-2008, 01:15 PM
get real kid.
they had an off shooting night.
it happens.
they could just as easily rain threes all night against UNC like they did in their Win against them last year.

Exactly, they live and die by the 3. they haven't had a lost post threat since williams left. when you count on the 3 to win, you won't get very far. for example, jj going 3-18 on senior night when they lost to Carolina.

cambovenzi
12-07-2008, 01:27 PM
everyone on here thinks Dook is on UNCs level when they clearly arent. if Singler doesn't have a good game then Dook has no other scoring option. they might not even be the second best team in the acc

Exactly, they live and die by the 3. they haven't had a lost post threat since williams left. when you count on the 3 to win, you won't get very far. for example, jj going 3-18 on senior night when they lost to Carolina.

its obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.
if a good amount of shots are from 3 point range, there is more variation and deviation in the results. thet does NOT mean it doesnt work or "wont get you far".
i just pointed out that duke managed to beat UNC last year with 3's.

also, no other scoring option?
what do you call scheyer, smith and Henderson?

its stating the obvious that when a teams best player has a bad night that they might not do as well.

thegreatone08
12-07-2008, 01:38 PM
First of all Henderson is garbadge. He is athletic thats about it. And if Scheyer and Smith are such good scorers why didn't they step up yesterday? Oh wait thats right Coach K said they had a tough academic week. I understand now. And of course when a teams best player doesn't play they won't do as good. Unless you are Carolina and have 5 guys that could be a star on any team in the country.

And if you are counting on 3's to win the game then you are in trouble. Dook has no lost post player that is gonna worry a team, whether its on offense or defenes. Coach K can't develop talent anymore. You have guys on the bench that are barely getting minutes that would even see minutes at Carolina with the depth they have.

thegreatone08
12-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Duke played great defense, the shots just weren't falling for us yesterday.
No one here thought Duke was on UNC's level, no one in the country currently is. We all thought Duke could give them trouble in the ACC and possibly head to head. Scheyer and Henderson when his bi-polar *** are good go to scorers, and Zoubek gave us 8 points in 14 minutes. I would love to see him play more than 14 minutes a game.

You said we haven't had a low post scorer since Shelden, yet you said JJ went 3-18 on his and Shelden's senior night?

We might be getting Josh Smith in a few years, and have two five star PF coming to Duke next year. Watch out for our post play in a few years.

Zoubek is terrible. Only thing he is good for is open looks.

And how did I make myself look like a ******? You guys died by the 3 on JJ and Sheldons senior night. I'm confused what you mean..

You MIGHT be getting Smith. And thats sad you are excited for a few years down the road. And you have two 5-star PFs comming? I got bad news bud, Carolina has 4 comming in plus Zeller comming back next year. Not to mention Ed Davis this year. Oh yea, and we got 2 guards comming in.

Sabres39
12-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Zoubek is terrible. Only thing he is good for is open looks.

You guys died by the 3 on JJ and Sheldons senior night. I'm confused what you mean..

You MIGHT be getting Smith. And thats sad you are excited for a few years down the road. And you have two 5-star PFs comming? I got bad news bud, Carolina has 4 comming in plus Zeller comming back next year. Not to mention Ed Davis this year. Oh yea, and we got 2 guards comming in.

Zoubek had a few nice spin moves last night.

I will admit, John Henson is better than Duke has coming RIGHT NOW, but we have been recruiting John Wall very hard, and is becoming very interested in Duke. The Wear's are ******** to come to NC, they will have at least three, maybe four C/PF ahead of them on the depth chart. Either way, UNC is going to be very young next year, assuming that Thompson, Lawson, and Ellington all come out early. Who will you guys have left to be the leader?

BRAVE KID
12-07-2008, 02:45 PM
"Dook" really? Honestly? That is about as good of a comeback as "Turd Heels." Get out of here dude, your purpose is just to talk **** about Duke..which is called baiting, go think your team is god in your thread.

BRAVE KID
12-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Yea right the "spell check" error, there was no problem for you spelling "Duke" before, it was just another shot at baiting, you're seriously asking for a flame war. So I am "saltly"? damn, I wanted to be spicy..oh well.

Just to clarify things for you dude. Nobody says Duke has more talent, more skill, is better, than North Carolina. Just saying Duke has got a shot at NC meaning they could give a real game to play instead of a blowout, which they do every year. It is not that hard to understand. but seriously quit baiting this is your warning.

SidTheKid
12-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Yea right the "spell check" error, there was no problem for you spelling "Duke" before, it was just another shot at baiting, you're seriously asking for a flame war. So I am "saltly"? damn, I wanted to be spicy..oh well.

Just to clarify things for you dude. Nobody says Duke has more talent, more skill, is better, than North Carolina. Just saying Duke has got a shot at NC meaning they could give a real game to play instead of a blowout, which they do every year. It is not that hard to understand. but seriously quit baiting this is your warning.

I don't even know why we give him attention. He either isn't getting enough attention or is simply too stupid to realize no one is calling out UNC for anything.

SidTheKid
12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Duke's next game isn't until next Wednesday...:(

sdweston757
12-09-2008, 04:57 AM
i know...

i hate the semester exams/xmas break

SidTheKid
12-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Bump for the big game tomorrow against Xavier which I will be attending :D

JHG722
12-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Bump for the big game tomorrow against Xavier which I will be attending :D

I hope Xavier wipes the floor with Duke.

SidTheKid
12-19-2008, 09:01 PM

You and every other Duke hater.

Sabres39
12-20-2008, 03:35 PM

Man, as we speak, Duke is absolutely *** raping Xavier.

Zoubek has really impressed me already today. He is doing everything, scoring, playing great defense, and he had a very nice pass a minute ago.

It is also nice to see Scheyer finally finding his shot.

BRAVE KID
12-20-2008, 05:11 PM
I hope Xavier wipes the floor with Duke.how did that work out for you? Man Xavier didn't even look like a top 20 team if even ranked, the way duke handled them.

JHG722
12-20-2008, 06:21 PM
how did that work out for you? Man Xavier didn't even look like a top 20 team if even ranked, the way duke handled them.

Not my team, man. Doesn't do much either way. Can't lose when you hit 9 3's, shoot over 50% and make your free throws. Xavier played like ****, which is great, because Temple can expose them again in the A10 tourney.

And all the bandwagon fans rejoiceeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Casino
12-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Impressive effort by Duke.

BRAVE KID
12-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Not my team, man. Doesn't do much either way. Can't lose when you hit 9 3's, shoot over 50% and make your free throws. Xavier played like ****, which is great, because Temple can expose them again in the A10 tourney.

And all the bandwagon fans rejoiceeeeeeeeee!!!!!!Didn't say they were, I saw your sig. You can't expect to get positive feedback after a comment like that..it's like someone going to the phils forum saying "I hope the Mets wipe the floor with Philly."

JHG722
12-21-2008, 06:38 AM
Didn't say they were, I saw your sig. You can't expect to get positive feedback after a comment like that..it's like someone going to the phils forum saying "I hope the Mets wipe the floor with Philly."

I wouldn't care. They can come in and say that if they'd like.

thegreatone08
12-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Duke fans are very senstive. You have to tell them their team is amazing and will destroy their oppenent so they will feel comfortable. I don't think they understand that this is a message board where people some times trash talk to just rile up people but mean it in a joking way.

BRAVE KID
12-21-2008, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't care. They can come in and say that if they'd like.You may not but I'm just saying you think everyone else would take that approach, if so then there wouldn't be any flame war's/baiting. Anyway it isn't a big deal so no point in continuing, Duke won and that is all I care about.

SidTheKid
12-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Duke fans are very senstive. You have to tell them their team is amazing and will destroy their oppenent so they will feel comfortable. I don't think they understand that this is a message board where people some times trash talk to just rile up people but mean it in a joking way.

I couldn't care less if you talk trash about Duke as long as you do it in another thread specifically the Carolina one which is strange because you spend more time in here than in your own team's one.

thegreatone08
12-22-2008, 09:37 PM
I couldn't care less if you talk trash about Duke as long as you do it in another thread specifically the Carolina one which is strange because you spend more time in here than in your own team's one.

Because you are in here arguing back with me. I would feel lonely in the other one. :)

cubs fan
01-03-2009, 12:55 AM
Duke is the best team in the entire country and they will beat NC when they play them.

GO DUKE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thegreatone08
01-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Duke is the best team in the entire country and they will beat NC when they play them.

GO DUKE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's just hope they don't have to play WVU during the tourny!

SidTheKid
01-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Bump for tonight's game against Va Tech.

SidTheKid
01-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Mighty North Carolina just lost to Boston College :laugh:

Go to Hell Carolina!

J4KOP99
01-04-2009, 09:32 PM
What a night...

Tar Heels go down
Knicks beat the celtics
Duke is playing well
Lakers are on later we will see what happens

sacgiants1213
01-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Mighty North Carolina just lost to Boston College :laugh:

Go to Hell Carolina!

very surprising to see, yet very satisfying. Watching roy williams and Hansbrough lose made my night.

LETS GO DUKE!

BRAVE KID
01-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Looks like the turd heels lost. I guess they aren't really all that unbeatable. I knew a team from the ACC would make them lose. ACC teams always play each other tough.

Duke played well. Crazy how Zoubek only has to touch the ball and not do anything else to make a difference. He really got this offense going in the second half and all he did was get the ball in the low post. And everything just clicked from there.

sdweston757
01-05-2009, 04:51 AM
where is the greatone08 when carolina loses at home and duke wins????

no where to be found

thegreatone08
01-05-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm right here my man. If you checked the UNC thread I've been saying that UNC needs to lose. Come talk to me in April

SidTheKid
01-05-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm right here my man. If you checked the UNC thread I've been saying that UNC needs to lose. Come talk to me in April

Easy to say after they just loss...

cambovenzi
01-05-2009, 04:45 PM
definitely a good day in college basketball.
nice to see UNC at the bottom of the conference :), if only for a few days.

thegreatone08
01-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Easy to say after they just loss...

You must like that saying huh? So i'll go ahead and give my same answer

That will be Duke's excuse after the 2nd round of the tournament, while UNC will be cutting down the nets

SidTheKid
01-05-2009, 06:25 PM
You must like that saying huh? So i'll go ahead and give my same answer

That will be Duke's excuse after the 2nd round of the tournament, while UNC will be cutting down the nets

And I'll say this again, this makes no sense whatsoever.

thegreatone08
01-05-2009, 07:05 PM
You are a Duke fan, I wouldn't expect you to understand. I'm pretty much saying Duke will lose once again in the second round, and UNC will win the NC.

BRAVE KID
01-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Someone is too cocky. As we all see the turd heels lost, meaning they are not the perfect team most fans thought they would be (at least the NC fans), meaning they still have things to work on. Which ultimately states that teams can expose/beat them.

crowning UNC with the championship at this point isn't exactly the wisest thing to do. But go ahead and keep babbling on..if you must feel good about yourself.

thegreatone08
01-05-2009, 07:56 PM
They are still the best team in college basketball. just wait a couple months and you will see..

cambovenzi
01-05-2009, 08:27 PM
They are still the best team in college basketball. just wait a couple months and you will see..

1. they just lost. they can easily lose again.
2. they are ranked like 3rd now.
3. even if they are the best team on paper, the "best" team doesnt always win the NC. infact the majority of the time they dont.

thegreatone08
01-05-2009, 08:38 PM
1. they just lost. they can easily lose again.
2. they are ranked like 3rd now.
3. even if they are the best team on paper, the "best" team doesnt always win the NC. infact the majority of the time they dont.

1. They prolly will lose again. Just not in March.
2. What do regular season rankings mean?
3. I think they are a lil more than the best team on paper. BC is the first team to play them within double digits. Not to mention they have last year's NPOY, and 2 players in the running for the NPOY this year.

cambovenzi
01-05-2009, 08:43 PM
1. They prolly will lose again. Just not in March.
i forgot you have a crystal ball. if they can lose now to unranked teams, they can lose in march.

2. What do regular season rankings mean?
you seem to think UNC is the runaway NC locks no matter what.
the rankings show that not everyone thinks they are even the best team.

3. I think they are a lil more than the best team on paper.
again, the rankings dont seem to think so.

BC is the first team to play them within double digits. Not to mention they have last year's NPOY, and 2 players in the running for the NPOY this year.
thats nice. but BC did infact beat you.
we are getting into conference play now.
that means not as many cupcakes.
and who cares who you lost? they are no longer on the team.
you are claiming they are locks to win the title.

BRAVE KID
01-05-2009, 09:19 PM
No team is a lock to win the championship, who cares if UNC is the favorite or has the most talent the fact that they lost, means they can be beaten any given day, that goes for anybody else. Wake vs UNC now that is hell of a game, can't wait to watch that one.

thegreatone08
01-06-2009, 04:47 AM
Pretty sure most teams that win the NC lose sometimes during the season, just throwin that out here

BRAVE KID
01-06-2009, 06:36 PM
wow are you that dull? No point in continuing if you still don't get it.

Sabres39
01-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Pretty sure most teams that win the NC lose sometimes during the season, just throwin that out here

The 1976 Indiana Hoosiers didn't lose. With the way you were hyping them up, you would have thought they would have at the very minimum gone undefeated, let alone solve the cure for cancer.

thegreatone08
01-06-2009, 06:53 PM
The 1976 Indiana Hoosiers didn't lose. With the way you were hyping them up, you would have thought they would have at the very minimum gone undefeated, let alone solve the cure for cancer.

How many other teams have gone undefeated? And I heard Coach Williams had Tyler Hansbrough working on finding that solution.

SidTheKid
01-06-2009, 07:25 PM
How many other teams have gone undefeated? And I heard Coach Williams had Tyler Hansbrough working on finding that solution.

Not hard enough.

cambovenzi
01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
How many other teams have gone undefeated?
not many. yet you seemed like they were a lock.

you are walking around here saying that UNC is a lock to win the NC.
they are not. they just lost.
if they can lose once, they can easily lose again to better teams.

thegreatone08
01-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Everyone understands they just lost. Are you saying the only way they would be a lock to win the NC is if they went undefeated?

cambovenzi
01-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Everyone understands they just lost. Are you saying the only way they would be a lock to win the NC is if they went undefeated?

no team is a lock to win the NC.
especially if they just lost to an unranked team.
this is basketball. teams generally dont win every game.
and when the tourney is single elimination, there are hardly every "locks" to win the whole thing.

you might almost have something resembling a case if the tar heels were completely destroying everyone they faced. but they just lost the 1st game of conference play..

SidTheKid
01-06-2009, 08:30 PM

Who's saying that? All we're saying is UNC isn't as dominant as you thought dropping their first game in conference play and is in no way a lock to win it all.

J4KOP99
01-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Isn't this a duke thread?

They played very well well yesterday btw.

That time-out coach K called was nicely done. That is why he is the best in the biz.

SidTheKid
01-06-2009, 08:41 PM

That time-out coach K called was nicely done. That is why he is the best in the biz.

Yeah he definitely lit a fire under their *** and got them fired up in the second half.

cambovenzi
01-06-2009, 08:49 PM
that was a great run we had in that game.
definitely glad we blew them out compared to those close games we have been having in recent years with VT.

SidTheKid
01-06-2009, 09:02 PM
that was a great run we had in that game.
definitely glad we blew them out compared to those close games we have been having in recent years with VT.

Yeah we turned it on in the second half VT only scored 13 points I think.

thegreatone08
01-06-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm suprised you guys even watched the game. Thought you would be out celebrating the fact UNC didn't go undefeated!

BRAVE KID
01-07-2009, 01:38 AM

That time-out coach K called was nicely done. That is why he is the best in the biz.It is but there is a misguided and confused tar heel fans that oddly spends more time in the duke thread than the tar heel thread..probably is lonely and needs the attention..poor guy.

thegreatone08
01-07-2009, 05:04 AM
It is but there is a misguided and confused tar heel fans that oddly spends more time in the duke thread than the tar heel thread..probably is lonely and needs the attention..poor guy.

I'm guessing you are talking about me, just a guess tho. If that is the case, then you should have said misguided and confused tar heel FAN, not fans, lets work on the grammer.

SidTheKid
01-07-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm guessing you are talking about me, just a guess tho. If that is the case, then you should have said misguided and confused tar heel FAN, not fans, lets work on the grammer.

He's referring to you and Yankeepride13. Odd that you tell someone to work on their grammar and spell the word "grammar" wrong :laugh:

Driven
01-07-2009, 04:04 PM
grammar*

Sabres39
01-07-2009, 04:50 PM

Perhaps you should work on your own grammar. That last sentence of yours is a run on sentence. You should have put a period after "not fans."

thegreatone08
01-07-2009, 05:41 PM
if you haven't noticed i don't really care about my grammAr on this board. but if you go one or two pages back, you will see one of you was giving me a hard time about it.

cambovenzi
01-07-2009, 06:37 PM
if you haven't noticed i don't really care about my grammAr on this board. but if you go one or two pages back, you will see one of you was giving me a hard time about it.

1. i could care less. you tried to correct someone, and messed up yourself.
2. forget grammar. your dodging the subject of you being big homer UNC fan in a (higher ranked) duke thread. ;)

SidTheKid
01-07-2009, 06:56 PM
1. i could care less. you tried to correct someone, and messed up yourself.
2. forget grammar. your dodging the subject of you being big homer UNC fan in a (higher ranked) duke thread. ;)

sacgiants1213
01-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Duke's D is giving curry a hard time.. good game so far for the devils. Singler has been amazing so far....

SidTheKid
01-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Duke's D is giving curry a hard time.. good game so far for the devils. Singler has been amazing so far....

Yeah they're switching off screens really well and always challenging Curry's shot. Let's stay consistent in the second half.

thegreatone08
01-07-2009, 10:45 PM
you guys would be bored if i wasn't here. here lately there have just been a couple comments on the games, every thing is towards me. i love it tho

cambovenzi
01-07-2009, 10:50 PM
good game today.
would have preferred that we completely blew them out of the water in the 2nd half, but we still held on comfortably.

thegreatone08
01-07-2009, 11:03 PM
One thing we can agree on..its pretty hilarious that the Terps lost to Morgan St. at home

cambovenzi
01-07-2009, 11:08 PM
One thing we can agree on..its pretty hilarious that the Terps lost to Morgan St. at home

its also pretty hilarious that UNC lost to BC who lost to harvard in their very next game.

BRAVE KID
01-07-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm guessing you are talking about me, just a guess tho. If that is the case, then you should have said misguided and confused tar heel FAN, not fans, lets work on the grammer.No dude, I am talking to the other tar heel fan that spends more time in the Duke thread than his own team's thread, thebadone80.

If that is the case, then you should have said misguided and confused tar heel FAN, not fans, lets work on the grammer
Your one chance to look good and you blew it..failure. Why do you keep posting in here? You are just making yourself look bad.

BRAVE KID
01-08-2009, 12:00 AM
you guys would be bored if i wasn't here. here lately there have just been a couple comments on the games, every thing is towards me. i love it thoWhy do you think that is so? You come in here wanting everything towards you, that is why everything is towards you. I had enough of your game, quit trolling and baiting. This stops here.

sdweston757
01-08-2009, 04:12 AM
duke catches another W
harvard beats a BC team that just beat unc @ home.

gots to love it

thegreatone08
01-08-2009, 05:05 AM
Why do you think that is so? You come in here wanting everything towards you, that is why everything is towards you. I had enough of your game, quit trolling and baiting. This stops here.

hahahahaha

BRAVE KID
01-08-2009, 05:26 PM
duke catches another W
harvard beats a BC team that just beat unc @ home.

gots to love itAnd Duke played well. Even though the whole attention was on Curry, Duke did a good job containing him..in the first half at least. They made a great run but we will able to stop them and get the W and that is all that matters. On to ACC play at Florida State, should be interesting.

SidTheKid
01-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Your one chance to look good and you blew it..failure. Why do you keep posting in here? You are just making yourself look bad.

He's a lonely Tar Heel fan that needs some attention.

thegreatone08
01-08-2009, 07:50 PM
He's a lonely Tar Heel fan that needs some attention.

it's true. i'm so lonely. maybe that NC this year will keep me company

cambovenzi
01-08-2009, 10:00 PM
it's true. i'm so lonely. maybe that NC this year will keep me company

oh i didnt know you lived in a basement?!
this will work out great. UNC is in the basement too!

SidTheKid
01-09-2009, 06:53 PM
oh i didnt know you lived in a basement?!
this will work out great. UNC is in the basement too!

You are true but there's no point of even arguing with him every response he has is "wait until April when UNC is cutting down the nets"

cambovenzi
01-09-2009, 08:47 PM
ik, just having some fun.

UNC has a big game against wake coming up.(edit: on the 11th).
one will knock off the other, and could set up duke nicely.
if UNC wins like expected, thats 1 ACC game that we are up already on the supposed 2 best competitors we have.
personally id rather have UNC lose again, and have a commanding lead.
i wonder if that would shut these kids up a bit.

after saying that, i dont want to be looking past our matchup with FSU tomorrow.
but i definitely think we will win. they dont have the offensive firepower to keep up with us.(67 PPG, compared to our 82.6) and when they have to face our defense, it could get ugly. i expect a game very similar to what happened to VT.

thegreatone08
01-09-2009, 10:00 PM
just wait till april when unc is cuttin down the nets..hahahaha

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 03:22 PM
duke is settling for too many jumpshots, have to penetrate duke. I know they are much bigger but got to attack them.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 03:28 PM
had no idea these seminoles are that big. Obviously causing trouble for duke, but just passing it around on the perimeter and hoping someone is wide open isn't going to solve anything..if we continue to do this..and not box out on the defensive end we will lose.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 03:32 PM
on the positive side though I like the way duke is playing D..rotation looks great, the help is sound let's see if they can keep it up throughout the game. Past two possesions by duke paulus and thomas penetrated, paulus missed but thomas got to the FT line..not converted now but stick to that.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 03:36 PM
gerald henderson is the only reason we have a shot/are still in the game. It's awesome to see him grow as a player, I think he'll be a fine NBA player if he wishes..of course they are still aspects in the game where he needs to work on but the talent is there.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 03:42 PM
I am dissapointed in Nolan smith's play, I expected him to be more assertive with the ball. Penetrate man do a little chris duhon/jason williams style, that is what I expected from you.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 03:45 PM
henderson has 14 of dukes's 17 wow.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 03:51 PM
jesus shut the **** up dude. You constantly hear the man yapping

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 03:59 PM
glad elliot williams is getting some pt.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 04:05 PM
you talk about a defensive showdown. since obviously gerald henderson is our offense he isn't exactly embracing the point guard role which is basically what we are doing, they are giving henderson the ball in the perimeter and he is waiting till the clock is down to put up a desperation shot. jumpers are not his game, you penetrate henderson that is why you are effective.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Oh my god what a dunk by gerald henderson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Top ten baby

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 04:27 PM
were are commiting a full court double..it seems to be working but not sure if I like it.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 04:27 PM
zoubek playing well. very nice big guy

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 04:37 PM
coach K has to have the best half time talks. I mean duke is on fire now..not only have they stepped up on D (yes they have their rebounding is much more sound), but on offense smith, singler, henderson,scheyer they are all playing smart and stepping up. very nice

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Mcclure played solid D there just got cheated with the call.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Humm a little run by FSU, need to get together. Get back to playing solid D.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Love Mcclure the kid knows how to play, not extremely talented but plays hard. singler with 4 fouls.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 04:50 PM
duke playing very lazy now, not getting back on D. Not to smart on the offensive side either. only up by 13 now. got to play smart.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Duke doing a much better job rebounding even though they are wayy undersized against this team. just keep pounding it in there duke. draw those fouls.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 04:58 PM
duke just not taking care of the ball. FSU has come storming back. need to settle this duke

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 05:18 PM
duke looks to have it under control now, playing smart.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 05:19 PM
FSU is getting away with a **** load of slaps at Duke, they are trying to pick their pockets refs not calling them.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 05:23 PM
FSU players have got to stop *****ing over every foul that they commit, if they are going to play that aggressively they are going to get called on those fouls.

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Game is over. Well done Duke:clap: Excellent overall D shown, Henderson is hands down the MVP of the game, duke still has work to do but winning against the tallest/biggest team in the NCAA and not to mention they are very athletic, is a good start.

Solid win Duke.

Sabres39
01-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Duke needs to stop taking their foot off the gas petal when they get up by 20+ points with 10-15 minutes left in the half. It seems like we always do that, then let the other team back into the game. Then we end up battling to win the game for the last six or seven minutes. I am absolutely sick of it.

sdweston757
01-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Duke needs to stop taking their foot off the gas petal when they get up by 20+ points with 10-15 minutes left in the half. It seems like we always do that, then let the other team back into the game. Then we end up battling to win the game for the last six or seven minutes. I am absolutely sick of it.

i dont know if it is so much duke taking there foot off the pedal as it is other teams making a run. The last two games when this has happened, it has been against two good teams (Davidson, FSU). These teams are gonna make runs, especially at home. The important thing is limiting the other teams run and making your free throws down the stretch. Good W for duke today.

p.s. henderson is athletic

SidTheKid
01-10-2009, 08:19 PM
What a great win and performance by Gerald Henderson. Florida State is known to always give Duke trouble in the regular season but I'm glad we fought them off and got this victory :clap:

BRAVE KID
01-10-2009, 10:29 PM
i dont know if it is so much duke taking there foot off the pedal as it is other teams making a run. The last two games when this has happened, it has been against two good teams (Davidson, FSU). These teams are gonna make runs, especially at home. The important thing is limiting the other teams run and making your free throws down the stretch. Good W for duke today.

p.s. henderson is athleticIt's a little of both. I'll give credit to FSU they are a dangerous team that height and atleticism is scary..but Duke was sloppy on both offense and defense, mainly offense, when they made their run. FSU really started to click once they started to penetrate and that was when duke was in trouble when/if we face them again it is going to be much closer if we don't adjust appropriately. But like I said it's a good start against a team we way smaller than.

umenyiora
01-11-2009, 02:29 PM
My dad went to Duke so I'm not one of those bandwagon fans...
I love this year's team. I think we have a great future with Elliot Williams and the Plumlee brothers.
I saw the game against Xavier and I was blown away...
This team is destiny.

BRAVE KID
01-11-2009, 02:57 PM
^Elliot played well yesterday, he was the only freshman on the floor for Duke, I guess Coach K trusts him in these type of games. I haven't seen Czyz play at all, it seems to me he might be a McClure if he is that good at all. I feel we can really make something happen if plumlee gets more minutes. I am impressed with Thomas and Zoubek's growth but we need that extra big, we need to improve that depth for bigs

sdweston757
01-11-2009, 05:12 PM
plumlee brothers = lopez brothers :)

SidTheKid
01-11-2009, 05:18 PM
plumlee brothers = lopez brothers :)

BRAVE KID
01-11-2009, 05:19 PM
plumlee brothers = lopez brothers :)well we have got to see them produce first. Isn't Plumlee who is coming in next year better than his brother we have now.

SidTheKid
01-11-2009, 05:20 PM
well we have got to see them produce first. Isn't Plumlee who is coming in next year better than his brother we have now.

Yeah he's a five star recruit compared to Miles who was a four star.

Chest Rockwell
01-11-2009, 06:08 PM
holy crap Brave Kid you took up a page and a half all by yourself. Impressive lol. Anyways I saw that we're coming in strong on John Wall now, but I couldn't read the whole article on Rivals. If we get him, it's over next year.

SidTheKid
01-11-2009, 06:17 PM
holy crap Brave Kid you took up a page and a half all by yourself. Impressive lol. Anyways I saw that we're coming in strong on John Wall now, but I couldn't read the whole article on Rivals. If we get him, it's over next year.

Yeah he would be a fool not to come to Duke considering that starting point guard job would be wide open for him.

BRAVE KID
01-11-2009, 07:01 PM
just commenting on the game, I thought there would be more in here b/c I thought it was a big game. oh well it's all good.

SidTheKid
01-11-2009, 07:03 PM
just commenting on the game, I thought there would be more in here b/c I thought it was a big game. oh well it's all good.

I would have but I was stuck at a family party and was running in and out of the room every 5 minutes to check the score :D

oshea225
01-11-2009, 07:21 PM
i cant wait for the class of 2010 to come in. we already have andre dawkins, josh hairston, and tyler thornton (any relation to al thornton?). we've offered brandon knight and harrison barnes (#1 pg and sf respectively, according to scout.com), as well as josh smith, #2 center. our current freshman will all be juniors, plus ryan kelly and mason plumlee, along with singler and nolan as seniors? good god! hahaha

SidTheKid
01-11-2009, 07:25 PM
i cant wait for the class of 2010 to come in. we already have andre dawkins, josh hairston, and tyler thornton (any relation to al thornton?). we've offered brandon knight and harrison barnes (#1 pg and sf respectively, according to scout.com), as well as josh smith, #2 center. our current freshman will all be juniors, plus ryan kelly and mason plumlee, along with singler and nolan as seniors? good god! hahaha

Yup, should be very interesting.

Sabres39
01-11-2009, 07:29 PM
holy crap Brave Kid you took up a page and a half all by yourself. Impressive lol. Anyways I saw that we're coming in strong on John Wall now, but I couldn't read the whole article on Rivals. If we get him, it's over next year.Yeah, I read somewhere that if John Wall wants to come to Duke, there is a scholarship waiting for him. He was at the Wake Forest game the other day.

If he comes next year, and Gerald and Singler stay, we have to be the favorites to win it all. Even without him we will be favored, but with a 6'4'' PG with great ball handling skills, we will be amazing.

I read that Brandon Knight all but eliminated us, so oh well. But we have a great chance with Barnes, and a decent chance with Smith, although UCLA is considered the favorite for his services.

thegreatone08
01-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Singler will be gone after this year

SidTheKid
01-11-2009, 08:39 PM

Well that's good you think he's pro material as a sophmore but I still feel he could use one more year to develop but I'm obviously hoping he stays all four.

fins08
01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Didn't know we had this thread, go Duke. Singler is amazing.

BRAVE KID
01-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Singler will be gone after this yearI don't know why you think so. You got some source or something? doubt it you just want to say something. he is no where near ready or polished, imo. Wake giving you guys a hard time. Which is odd since NC is suppose to be the almighty team in the universe.

thegreatone08
01-11-2009, 11:06 PM
I've said this whole time that Singler is good. He will be a lottery pick if he comes out, so pretty much he is gone.

And brave KID, grow up. you are the one baiting on everything I say.

Sabres39
01-11-2009, 11:10 PM

If we win a championship he might (OMG, yeah, I just suggested that someone other than UNC will win). But if we don't, then he knows how talented next years team will be, and will probably be the favorites.

thegreatone08
01-11-2009, 11:12 PM
If we win a championship he might (OMG, yeah, I just suggested that someone other than UNC will win). But if we don't, then he knows how talented next years team will be, and will probably be the favorites.

I don't think he draft status will get any higher than this year tho.

Sabres39
01-11-2009, 11:15 PM
I don't think he draft status will get any higher than this year tho.

Why not? I realize that this year's draft is relatively weak compared to the past few drafts, but Singler can still get better. Plus, if he stays, he could potentially get his jersey retired (if he keeps up his current numbers), and win a NC next year.

BRAVE KID
01-11-2009, 11:20 PM
I've said this whole time that Singler is good. He will be a lottery pick if he comes out, so pretty much he is gone.

And brave KID, grow up. you are the one baiting on everything I say.
chill out bud and you should follow your own advise while you are at it, I couldn't tell if you had a source with that statement or not..still don't have one.

You made the statement "He will be gone next year." Not he "may" or "could", he will. I wanted to know why, and since you don't have a source or some backup to explain that reasoning, it's just an opinion..or hoping he will.

BRAVE KID
01-11-2009, 11:27 PM
If we win a championship he might (OMG, yeah, I just suggested that someone other than UNC will win). But if we don't, then he knows how talented next years team will be, and will probably be the favorites.I am just looking at it on a skills basis. He is talented but he needs to work on quite a few things...he's just not ready yet. Wonder if he is eager to get to the NBA like Deng or McRoberts or if he will use his time wisely to polish his skills.

BRAVE KID
01-11-2009, 11:34 PM
If the ACC won't get duke prepared for the tourny, I don't know what will. Some tough, atlethic big teams to face..very exciting.

thegreatone08
01-11-2009, 11:34 PM
I am just looking at it on a skills basis. He is talented but he needs to work on quite a few things...he's just not ready yet. Wonder if he is eager to get to the NBA like Deng or McRoberts or if he will use his time wisely to polish his skills.

Why? so he can ride the bench like Reddick? McRoberts was trash in college and is even worse in the pro's. Deng prolly could have used another year but either way he is a decent pro player. I just think Singler will be a lottery pick and you don't see college players passing up that chance.

BRAVE KID
01-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Why? so he can ride the bench like Reddick? McRoberts was trash in college and is even worse in the pro's. Deng prolly could have used another year but either way he is a decent pro player. I just think Singler will be a lottery pick and you don't see college players passing up that chance.The thing with JJ is he knew what he was and he wasn't going to change it (in college). He's a pure shooter and that was it. He was so accustomed for the plays to be drawn out for him, instead of him creating a play, which is what you have to do in the NBA. McRoberts did leave too early and that was dissapointing, but his skills were never all that good at least on the offensive side, he could be something on the boards and on defense.

Deng is not a decent pro player, he is a good/solid NBA player and he is getting better. Even though I was dissapointed to see him leave it is apparent that he was ready to move on.

Why? so he can ride the bench like Reddick?
Now don't compare JJ to Singler, Singler already has a better overall game than JJ ever had. If Singler leaves after this year that is what he will be doing, but if he stays he may get some valuable minutes in his first year.

I just think Singler will be a lottery pick and you don't see college players passing up that chanceDidn't some UNC players pass up that chance? Not all players pass up that chance, especially if they want to win in college. While I respect your opinion, I'll take it as that your opinion.

thegreatone08
01-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Which UNC players passed up that chance?

And I wasn't comparing JJ and Singler's game. I was just saying staying four years doesn't always work out.

BRAVE KID
01-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Which UNC players passed up that chance?

And I wasn't comparing JJ and Singler's game. I was just saying staying four years doesn't always work out.I thought there were players on the UNC squad that could of been a lottery pick/declare for the draft early?

And I wasn't comparing JJ and Singler's game. I was just saying staying four years doesn't always work outYea and neither does 2 years. I was just saying that it would be best for him to work on his overall game while he is still in college than do a JJ, who had to learn the hard way.

Sabres39
01-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Why? so he can ride the bench like Reddick? McRoberts was trash in college and is even worse in the pro's. Deng prolly could have used another year but either way he is a decent pro player. I just think Singler will be a lottery pick and you don't see college players passing up that chance.

JJ has been getting more minutes lately, and has been putting up some decent numbers. Look at the stats.

cambovenzi
01-12-2009, 06:41 AM
JJ has been getting more minutes lately, and has been putting up some decent numbers. Look at the stats.

starting to rain 3's in orlando.
shooting nearly 40% from 3.
including a big 3 to help clinch the win against the spurs last night.
18+ mins 5 straight games. and 19 out of 34(55%) in that stretch. including 13-19(68%) from 3!! KOBE! i mean JJ!..;)

thegreatone08
01-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Once again, who are the UNC players that could have been lottery picks? Give me names.

Sabres39
01-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Once again, who are the UNC players that could have been lottery picks? Give me names.

Are you talking this year?

Probably Lawson, maybe Thompson and Hanstravel.

thegreatone08
01-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Are you talking this year?

Probably Lawson, maybe Thompson and Hanstravel.

No they were talking about this past draft I believe.

SidTheKid
01-12-2009, 04:32 PM
starting to rain 3's in orlando.
shooting nearly 40% from 3.
including a big 3 to help clinch the win against the spurs last night.
18+ mins 5 straight games. and 19 out of 34(55%) in that stretch. including 13-19(68%) from 3!! KOBE! i mean JJ!..;)

Good to see him finally getting quality minutes.

cambovenzi
01-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Good to see him finally getting quality minutes.

yeah FINALLY.
only took them 3 years to figure out he can score if given the chance...

he is still shooting the lights out.
5-9 including 4-7 from 3 last night..:clap:

Joshtd1
01-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Ah I love JJ, but he was killing me when he played against us:(

BRAVE KID
01-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Unlike Florida State georgia Tech doing a great job feeding their bigs. And to add their bigs can run up and down the floor very well and are also athletic. Duke settling for jumpers again, this time the defense looks very poor. We have got to be one of the worst teams in boxing out.

And to top it all off, I am not feeling any energy from Duke. I'm not feeling they are prepared for this one. well see how it goes I guess

BRAVE KID
01-14-2009, 08:35 PM
this is the type of game where we desperately need zoubek...and in case you didn't notice that is a bad thing, since zoubek is a complete waste of god given talent.

SidTheKid
01-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Duke leads 31-28 at the half. Not a great performance but they need to come out fast in the second half and they should win this one.

BRAVE KID
01-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Not even a good performance..when will we learn to box out the entire game..especially zoubek, god these games just get me so angry at him b/c he is so damn soft. You grab a rebound you rip it down, you go up you go up strong, come on it's not hard, you are 7 foot for crying out loud. IT's not hard, and would it kill you to dunk?? You are the only 7-footer in the world, yes the world, that prefers to get a layup than a dunk. pathetic

anyway I like the idea of coach K putting in pocious. personally I love the man's game, he can penetrate effectively just got to give him a chance, he's hard nosed type player. I am upset though that plumbee still hasn't seen the floor..come on coach K give the guy PT.

oshea225
01-14-2009, 09:07 PM
1st half started off really poorly, but we picked it up. i think we finished on a 14-4 run. gotta come out strong to start the 2nd, and after following duke for half my life, i have a good feeling we will

BRAVE KID
01-14-2009, 09:41 PM
these are also the type of game where i get disspointed in nolan smith. Kid you have great talent, drive to the basket you have to do that. Too many times duke lets singler take jump shots (sometimes good other times not so much), take it into your hands and drive to the basket smith.

thegreatone08
01-14-2009, 09:42 PM
I've said this a lot that Duke isn't strong in the post. Zoubek isn't a great but he should be putting up better numbers. If Duke had a legit player in the post it would make that offense a lot better, opening up the perimeter for Paulus, Singler and Henderson.

BRAVE KID
01-14-2009, 09:42 PM
still ugly as hell. tooooooooo many jumpshots. Henderson can't penetrate, nolan doesn't, and too many free throws being missed by duke.

BRAVE KID
01-14-2009, 09:46 PM
I've said this a lot that Duke isn't strong in the post. Zoubek isn't a great but he should be putting up better numbers. If Duke had a legit player in the post it would make that offense a lot better, opening up the perimeter for Paulus, Singler and Henderson.everybody knows duke sucks at the post, all duke fans (at least they should/better) know. Zoubek is literally just a body, no talent or skills just a big mindless body, he should be putting up better numbers but his softness prevents him. But I will say he has played better this half..until his foul trouble.

BRAVE KID
01-14-2009, 09:48 PM
henderson is starting to pick it up a little but still he puts himself into too many tough jump shots.

BRAVE KID
01-14-2009, 09:49 PM
when smith pushes it, it normally results into a good play by Duke. smith has got to start penetrating.

thegreatone08
01-14-2009, 09:50 PM
everybody knows duke sucks at the post, all duke fans (at least they should/better) know. Zoubek is literally just a body, no talent or skills just a big mindless body, he should be putting up better numbers but his softness prevents him. But I will say he has played better this half..until his foul trouble.

Look at all these years Duke either won the NC or went deep into the tournament. They had a great low post player. Something they haven't had since Williams. With the tournament being one and done its risky to rely on the 3.